NBA Draft Lottery - May 17, 8:30PM EST, ESPN

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will get the #1 pick?
Minnesota Timberwolves - 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick 14 9.03%
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance 53 34.19%
3. Toronto Raptors - 156 combinations, 15.6% chance 23 14.84%
4. Washington Wizards - 119 combinations, 11.9% chance 15 9.68%
5. Sacramento Kings - 88 combinations, 8.8% chance 11 7.10%
6. Utah Jazz (via NJ) - 63 combinations, 6.3% chance 4 2.58%
7. Detroit Pistons - 43 combinations, 4.3% chance 12 7.74%
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LA Clippers) - 28 combinations, 2.8% chance 3 1.94%
9. Charlotte Bobcats - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance 9 5.81%
10. Milwaukee Bucks - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance 2 1.29%
11. Golden State Warriors - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance 5 3.23%
12. Utah Jazz - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance 0 0%
13. Phoenix Suns - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance 2 1.29%
14. Houston Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance 2 1.29%
Voters: 155. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12230 12230
Only concerned with Detroit (old home) and Charlotte (new home) if they both get top 5 picks I'm good

Last edited by EMER1TUS; 05-17-2011 at 07:49 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #22
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
Warriors rarely ever move up higher in the draft but maybe we will the time. I'm thinking one of the Morris brothers would be able to make a solid contribution off the bench for us
 7 years ago '05        #23
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
 Thee Yung Star said:
that would immediately make them a contender ... Irving/Evans/Cousins a nice starting trio. Seems like if Stern decides to weight the balls it'll either be for Sac.

Who I want the Warriors to get:

1. Irving
2. Kanter
3. Williams

now realistic picks:

1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Jan Vesley
3. Marcus Morris
lol.... n*gga please... im a kings fan and even i dont believe that... if we get the #1 pick we will be good but not an instant contender
 7 years ago '05        #24
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
 Majestic_GMMB said:
Anybody got the chances of the teams getting the first pick?
1. Minnesota Timberwolves - 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. Toronto Raptors - 156 combinations, 15.6% chance
4. Washington Wizards - 119 combinations, 11.9% chance
5. Sacramento Kings - 88 combinations, 8.8% chance
6. Utah Jazz (via NJ) - 63 combinations, 6.3% chance
7. Detroit Pistons - 43 combinations, 4.3% chance
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LA Clippers) - 28 combinations, 2.8% chance
9. Charlotte Bobcats - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
10. Milwaukee Bucks - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
11. Golden State Warriors - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
12. Utah Jazz - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
13. Phoenix Suns - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
14. Houston Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance
 7 years ago '06        #25
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288

Kanter could go No. 1

May, 16, 2011

By Chad Ford

CHICAGO -- After spending time in Los Angeles, Tampa and Las Vegas , it's time to move to Chicago at the ATTACK Athletics gym where Tim Grover and Mike Procopio are prepping players for the 2011 NBA Draft.

Grover is a legend in the field. He was hired by Michael Jordan in the late 80s when Jordan, who was taking a beating driving into the lane, wanted to get bigger, stronger and faster. He's trained Hall of Famers like Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Hakeem Olajuwon and currently trains Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and a host of other NBA players. Procopio used to work for the Celtics and has the rep as one of the best big men coaches in the business.

I was in his gym on Thursday and Friday and got to look at a few of the more interesting players in the draft. Here's a look at who I saw:

Who is Enes Kanter?
That's the question that NBA GMs are asking right now. Here's what we know: Kanter is a talented Turkish big man who made the Turkish professional team Fenerbahce Ulker at the age of 16. He played limited minutes there, but did get into four Euroleague games -- the top league in Europe.

After the season, Kanter moved onto radar of NBA scouts playing for Turkey at the 2009 FIBA Under-18 Championships. He averaged 18.6 points and 16.4 rebounds in the tournament, led Turkey to a bronze medal and walked away with MVP Honors.

After Kanter won the MVP for Turkey, his team offered him a five-year, multi-million euro contract. Kanter however dreamed of playing in the NCAA and NBA and left Turkey that summer. The move was not popular in Turkey, nor was it popular in the U.S. Turkish newspapers criticized the move and U.S. schools didn't want anything to do with him. He initially enrolled at Findley Prep in Nevada, but left the school after other teams in the league protested. He eventually landed at Stonebridge Prep school in Simi Valley, Calif., and in November of 2009 he committed to play at Washington. In early 2010, however, Kanter re-opened the recruiting process and eventually signed with Kentucky.

In April, Kanter went from an intriguing prospect to a potential lottery pick with his dominant performance at the Nike Hoop Summit.

Kanter, then just 17, shook off a poor week of practices (he later revealed he had a sore back that kept him from jumping and almost prevented him from playing) to dominate in the game. Kanter had 34 points (a Hoop Summit record), 13 boards and did it all in 22 minutes. He did a lot of his damage against McDonald's MVP Jared Sullinger.

I wrote back then that "Kanter was a beast in the paint, muscling his way in for position and regularly clawing his way through a pair of Team USA's high-profile bigs for a whopping eight offensive boards ... Not only was he a bear around the basket, but he also showed off his ability to put the ball on the floor and hit the outside J. On Saturday night, Kanter looked like a future lottery pick."

However, it would be the last competitive game Kanter would play. He was ruled permanently ineligible to play in the NCAA because of benefits he received while playing for Fenerbahce as a 16-year-old.

While awaiting his appeal, Kanter practiced with the Kentucky team, but after Kentucky's appeal was turned down, Kanter was no longer allowed to even practice with the team. He was left working out in a gym, one-on-one with a Kentucky a.ssistant coach.

For the past few weeks, Kanter has taken his game to Chicago to prep for the 2011 NBA Draft. Would a team really take him in the top five based on a great 2009 European Championship run, a year of high school games and a historic night at the Nike Hoop Summit even though he hasn't played a competitive game in over a year?

I've been pretty confident he's going to be a top-five pick all year. I still am.

While legitimate questions remain about the loss of two critical years of game development, Kanter possesses virtually all the qualities NBA teams are looking for in bigs, especially for a kid who is one of the youngest players in this year's draft.

He's big (he measured a shade below 6-foot-11 in shoes with a 7-1 wingspan at the Hoop Summit), has a NBA body, and uses his strength around the basket. He has a relentless motor on the boards and has excellent footwork for an 18-year-old big man. He's also gotten in terrific shape in Chicago and appears much more explosive than we thought last year. At the Hoop Summit, Kanter was nursing a back injury and could barely get off the floor. In workouts here at ATTACK, Kanter showed he had no problem playing over the rim. While he's no Blake Griffin, he's not a stiff either.

Kanter also showed the ability to step out and hit everything from 18-foot jumpers to NBA 3s. While I don't think his primary role will be to stretch the defense in the NBA, he has the ability.

He's also a very articulate, passionate kid off the court. When he came to America in the Fall of 2009, he didn't speak a word of English. Two years later, he was able to conduct an interview in perfect English. His father, a respected doctor and professor in Turkey, stressed education and Kanter seems to have listened.

"He always said school first, basketball second," Kanter said. "I'm glad he did. I learned this year that there was more to life than just basketball. I love learning. But basketball is still my first love."

While I initially believed that Kanter's year off would hurt his draft stock, I'm not longer concerned after talking with a number of NBA execs. Virtually every team I spoke with has him as a top-five prospect on their board. A few told me they believe, had he played at Kentucky this year, he may have been the favorite to go No. 1 overall.

He still might have a chance to go No. 1 overall if the Washington Wizards get the No. 1 pick. While we currently have them taking Derrick Williams No. 1 in our Mock Draft Lottery, a well-placed source said Kanter would be in the conversation. The Detroit Pistons and the Golden State Warriors also have needs that could place Kanter in the mix. But after Kyrie Irving and Williams are off the table, I'm not sure there's a player with more upside in this Draft.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #26
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 BasedSkins said:
Wizards better get a top 3 pick
they better get some more talent
 7 years ago '04        #27
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,389 | Props total: 3852 3852
 Trap$tar said:
Wolves have the best chance at winning. 25% chance of getting the first pick.
we have the worst luck ever with the draft man..

we get fu*ked every year...honestly if we don't get that number 1 this year sh*ts rigged.

7 years ago '08        #28
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9037 9037
boxden gonna be mad when raptors get 1st
 7 years ago '06        #29
xFMx ALCHEMiST 262 heat pts262
space
space
$11,124 | Props total: 1331 1331
1. Minnesota Timberwolves - 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. Toronto Raptors - 156 combinations, 15.6% chance
4. Washington Wizards - 119 combinations, 11.9% chance
5. Sacramento Kings - 88 combinations, 8.8% chance
6. Utah Jazz (via NJ) - 63 combinations, 6.3% chance
7. Detroit Pistons - 43 combinations, 4.3% chance
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LA Clippers) - 28 combinations, 2.8% chance
9. Charlotte Bobcats - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
10. Milwaukee Bucks - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
11. Golden State Warriors - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
12. Utah Jazz - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
13. Phoenix Suns - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
14. Houston Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance
dam gettin hot @ the end of the season seems like a dumb idea now..

i think teams are better off signing Dleaguers
 05-16-2011, 09:39 PM         #30
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All i know is the league is better when Detroit is good.
Stern get on your job.
 7 years ago '06        #31
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I would say that Sacramento is a good pick to end up with the #1 overall pick...and if not then Cleveland will end up with it out of pity, and because they lost like 60% of their value overnight when Lebron left. Honestly the league is like the WWF now like Sheed said and everyone got all pissy about it.

If it wasn't fixed then they could just create some kind of TV event where you can watch the lottery actually taking place, not just the results being given. I hate how no one questions any of this sh*t, all the fans are too f'kin ignorant
 7 years ago '04        #32
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6438 6438
Cleveland with the first pick
 7 years ago '10        #33
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
one of the worst drafts in a long time...make the 2000 draft look good.
 7 years ago '08        #34
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
feels weird not being lottery bound......and making a terrible pick....
 7 years ago '09        #35
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
Cleveland or the Kings need that 1st pick
 7 years ago '06        #36
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
2001 nba draft 2.0
 7 years ago '10        #37
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7327 7327
 hooligun said:
2001 nba draft 2.0
do you mean that negatively?

aside from the first overall pick., 2001 was a pretty good draft class. [you probably meant 2000]

some quality names from that class:

Tyson Chandler
Pao Gasol
Jason Richardson
Richard Jefferson
Zach Randolph
Gerald Wallace
Gilbert Arenas
Tony Parker
Samuel Dalembert
Brendan Haywood
Mehmet Okur
 7 years ago '98        #38
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
damn good looks on the thread... totally forgot about this

added poll
 05-17-2011, 02:03 AM         #39
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly I get that everyone is riding with the "worst draft in ages" deal but who really knows? The amount of 2nd round picks in past drafts that turned into studs goes to show you that even the best talent evaluators can't predict the future.

The lakers don't have a 1st round pick so I don't really care, I just want to see Kawhi go to a team in a good situation with a good coach.
 7 years ago '04        #40
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
its our turn damnit...you hooking everybody else up...we wanna eat too
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago