Do you write your raps with a beat or without?

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
123 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-16-2011, 04:19 PM         #1
10678 pageviews
19 comments

Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do you write your raps with a beat or without?

to all my dudes here who do music, im curious do you write to the beat, or do you write and then find a beat to fit?

or, do any of yall know any music artists who use whichever method

19 comments for "Do you write your raps with a beat or without?"

7 years ago '07        #2
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,313 | Props total: 8562 8562
No real artist has a set method when it comes to creating songs. Sometimes the lyrics to a song might come to you and you have to find the right beat for it after you already wrote it. Other times you will hear a beat that will inspire you to make a song out of it. Just do what you feel.
 7 years ago '04        #3
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
Both.
Pefer to have to beat so I can't create the feel of the song from it.
I'm really into concepts and stories myself, not so much a rambler or battle type. Nothing against it that takes talent as well but I was always a fan of artist who had a conclusive point to their songs that's what inspired me so.
 7 years ago '05        #4
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
it almost always sounds better if you write to a specific beat or if you have the beat specifically created for what you've already written
 05-16-2011, 05:11 PM         #5
Rowe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 espy said:
neither, I leave it to the professionals

why'd you even post then
 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM         #6
Rowe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was just wondering, i do a little of both too but the beat makes it easier for me to get a better feel of how i want to flow on the song... the words come better when i dont use a beat tho
 7 years ago '09        #7
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,062 | Props total: 1090 1090
Most dudes write to the beat. It's easier to make a good song when you're following the beat instead of having to make a beat from scratch that follows you.
 7 years ago '04        #8
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 1290 1290
 daliff89 said:
it almost always sounds better if you write to a specific beat or if you have the beat specifically created for what you've already written
this. ^^^

7 years ago '07        #9
space
space
 Rowe said:
i was just wondering, i do a little of both too but the beat makes it easier for me to get a better feel of how i want to flow on the song... the words come better when i dont use a beat tho
Where do you get your beats?? If you have a crew and/or a dedicated producer then it should be easy for yall to create what you want to fit your lyrics. Not easy but you know what I mean.

When I was into it heavy........sometimes we would just pick a tempo for the song, rap over a simple snare and kick and then myboi would lace the beat around it. Just one of the ways we would do it.
 7 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 Grisly said:
this. ^^^

7 years ago '05        #11
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,495 | Props total: 1356 1356
i write without a beat ...
i flow the words then choose a beat that matches up

although i don't do alot of recording so may not be the best method
 7 years ago '09        #12
Scallinno 231 heat pts231
space
space
$1,700 | Props total: 732 732
I write to the beat. To me, every song that I've done is a part of me. Like, I could never be a ghost writer or have someone write for me. When I'm doing (or used to do) music, it's like the beat tells me what the song is about. The rhyme is always written towards the beat and the topic. I never could just write a song. Well, I could, but I really feel incomplete doing it like that.

I would say, outta 500+ songs I've done, only about 4-5 were written without a beat. Also, I've almost never taken something written for one song and used it with another beat. To me, that lessens the song in my case.
 7 years ago '05        #13
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
I DO Both
 7 years ago '04        #14
Makaveli4Eva 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 160 160
Write to the beat. You can mesh better. Also if you say without a beat makes you more creative...do what I do. Just listen to a clip of it and flow your verses and hook around the clip. Then you can edit that sh*t to fit the beat even better, but sometimes you go off in a zone so it pays off
 7 years ago '07        #15
space
space
 Scallinno said:
I write to the beat. To me, every song that I've done is a part of me. Like, I could never be a ghost writer or have someone write for me. When I'm doing (or used to do) music, it's like the beat tells me what the song is about. The rhyme is always written towards the beat and the topic. I never could just write a song. Well, I could, but I really feel incomplete doing it like that.

I would say, outta 500+ songs I've done, only about 4-5 were written without a beat. Also, I've almost never taken something written for one song and used it with another beat. To me, that lessens the song in my case.
Yeah myboi is VERY prolific with his beats so I can go in and listen for what I want to fit if I already have some lyrics I want to use.

And before any of yall n*ggas come with jokes........I do it for fun and to have a creative outlet. I aint trying to get signed.
 7 years ago '05        #16
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
lyrics are better without a beat......

flow is better with beat..........
 7 years ago '05        #17
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i can't write with anyone else in the room with me cause they get pissed off i keep restarting the beat too many times

i have to write it to the exact part of the song i'm going to be on, so i'll restart that sh*t 25-30 times per verse

Grisly said:
sh*t is dope, we should collab
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy