May 16 - Physicist Stephen Hawking Says There Is No Heaven

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 r.burgundy said:
cmon now,what evidence could u possibly base radiation in black holes off of?
alot of theorys are leaps of faith.dude,i dont care what your textbook tells u,u can not prove a singularity,and even if by chance u could,what does it really do for everybody?

listen my man,in tha end,a theory is just an idea.it might work it might not.but i guarantee his theorys would dramatically change if he could actually study his subjects.and i dont mean that as a wheelchair joke,i mean if he could physically examine a star or blackhole
He uses math and data gathered about known cosmology.

And yes, greater observational data can drastically change a theory, that's the great thing about science.
 7 years ago '04        #162
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
curious as to what your thoughts are on mircales such as shraud of turin and bleeding host and the fact that they are direct proof of an existence in god or a "higher power"
They haven't been sufficiently proven.
 7 years ago '06        #163
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 HHS said:
The burden of proof doesn't rest with him.
Hung Jury.

Moving on...

7 years ago '07        #164
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 HHS said:
He uses math and data gathered about known cosmology.

And yes, greater observational data can drastically change a theory, that's the great thing about science.
but couldnt we say religion is 1 great theory which has yet be proven?
 7 years ago '98        #165
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,196 | Props total: 3603 3603
lol @ this thread @ 10 pages already
 7 years ago '04        #166
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
but couldnt we say religion is 1 great theory which has yet be proven?
It doesn't meet any requirement of a scientific theory. It's folklore.
 7 years ago '07        #167
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HHS said:
It doesn't meet any requirement of a scientific theory. It's folklore.
well,religion is too broad.narrow down to christianity,and it meets plenty requirements of scientific theory.
 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM         #168
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone has opinions. I respect his. but I KNOW (not think) that there is a god. Not sure about some of the crap the bible says though. Either way there is no need to fear death.
 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM         #169
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
well,religion is too broad.narrow down to christianity,and it meets plenty requirements of scientific theory.
God created the universe in 7 days........scientific theory? GTHOH.......Opie
 7 years ago '05        #170
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 347 347
 Goosie McNeen said:
you feel me? like this n*gga thinks theres no God because of the way HE is...

i can look at myself, and say there IS a God.
damn. that was deep. respect & props
 7 years ago '04        #171
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
No, it doesn't. It's not a logical abstraction of observed facts. It's not experimental, it's not falsifiable. It doesn't offer testable predictions. It's not supported by scientific evidence. It's not based on a verified theory that preceded it. There's no science to it.

Really, the only way to prove or disprove Christianity's omniscient, all-power God model would be to be able to look at the entire universe, through all time, through any possible dimension, and say, it's there or it's not there. In other words, you'd have to be God to prove or disprove God. That's obviously impossible, which is why you're not asked to prove a negative in a circumstance like this.

Last edited by HHS; 05-16-2011 at 02:49 PM..
 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM         #172
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
No, it doesn't. It's not a logical abstraction of observed facts. It's not experimental, it's not falsifiable. It doesn't offer testable predictions. It's not supported by scientific evidence. It's not based on a verified theory that preceded it. There's no science to it.

Really, the only way to prove or disprove Christianity's omniscient, all-power God would be to be able to look at the entire universe, through all time, through any possible dimension, and say, it's there or it's not there. In other words, you'd have to be God to prove or disprove God.
Truly Deep sh*t there

/thread.........
 7 years ago '07        #173
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HHS said:

Really, the only way to prove or disprove Christianity's omniscient, all-power God model would be to be able to look at the entire universe, through all time, through any possible dimension, and say, it's there or it's not there. In other words, you'd have to be God to prove or disprove God. That's obviously impossible, which is why you're not asked to prove a negative in a circumstance like this, which is why "there is no God" is a reasonable answer.
thats not true at all.facts could be based on tha people of tha bible,such as egyptians,corinthians etc,i mean its a very big book.it has plenty testable predictions,mainly in revelations
not its not based on anything verified precedin it,but neither is every otha theory

hypothetically what if aliens came down an said,tha bible is what happened?this isnt meant to be super serious by tha way,its just for convo sake
 7 years ago '07        #174
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
God created the universe in 7 days........scientific theory? GTHOH.......Opie
u still mad u said that dumb sh*t u said
 7 years ago '04        #175
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
thats not true at all.facts could be based on tha people of tha bible,such as egyptians,corinthians etc,i mean its a very big book.it has plenty testable predictions,mainly in revelations
not its not based on anything verified precedin it,but neither is every otha theory

hypothetically what if aliens came down an said,tha bible is what happened?this isnt meant to be super serious by tha way,its just for convo sake
Napoleon, Alexander I, and numerous other historical figures appear in War and Peace. There are fairly accurate depictions of real battles, real troop movements. Does that prove that Andrei Bolkonsky and Natasha Rostova are real?

Or, Saint Nicolas was a real person, does that suggest Santa Claus is real?

And I don't mean predictions like those in revelations. I mean something like, speaking simply, if you add this acid to this base, you'll get this reaction. You couldn't even get people to agree what the predictions in revelations even predict. In all likelihood they were intended to come true during of shortly following the lifetimes of their writer. They definitely don't provide any testable basis.
 7 years ago '07        #176
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HHS said:
Napoleon, Alexander I, and numerous other historical figures appear in War and Peace. There are fairly accurate depictions of real battles, real troop movements. Does that prove that Andrei Bolkonsky and Natasha Rostova are real?

Or, Saint Nicolas was a real person, does that suggest Santa Claus is real?

And I don't mean predictions like those in revelations. I mean something like, speaking simply, if you add this acid to this base, you'll get this reaction. You couldn't even get people to agree what the predictions in revelations even predict. In all likelihood they were intended to come true during of shortly following the lifetimes of their writer.
it could be a good starter point.but as i was sayin,tha bible isnt a whole big book of lies.lotta truths in there

same could be said of hawkings work on blackholes
 7 years ago '06        #177
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
The more I read the sh*t some of you say the more I realize religion is full of sh*t.
 7 years ago '05        #178
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,433 | Props total: 2905 2905
 r.burgundy said:
it could be a good starter point.but as i was sayin,tha bible isnt a whole big book of lies.lotta truths in there

same could be said of hawkings work on blackholes
Bruh are you really arguing with HHS...you have no idea how pointless this is...that n*gga is beyond lost fam...all will be revealed...let him continue to believe that nothing happens when you die
 7 years ago '05        #179
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,433 | Props total: 2905 2905
 ima80baby said:
The more I read the sh*t some of you say the more I realize religion is full of sh*t.
clarify...i bet you cant
 7 years ago '04        #180
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,497 | Props total: 6073 6073
everybody go beieve wat they wanna believe so his statements affect nothin about how the world runs everyday
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy