Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #221
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7934 7934
 ShaDoW1 said:
bum a.ss got microsoft sam talkin for him

dude is so smart but so dumb at the same time

no god...no heaven........dude is just mad that he'll never know what pus*y feels like
 7 years ago '04        #222
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
A scientist who doesn't believe in a metaphysical higher being? Shocker!

This "religion vs. atheism" argument has been pointless and idiotic since day 1. Neither sides are ever gonna compromise and no side will ever have 100% concrete inarguable evidence that God doesn't (or does) exist.
 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM         #223
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
yes you can go write a book...

but no one will take any of your opinions seriously unless you have credible evidence of what you're writing about.

Hawking is one of the top physicists in the word.

everyone agrees on this but the few retards such as yourself.

his opinion of the universe is accepted... because he has credibility on his side. where as your Shroud or your milk drinking statues do not. you might consider them miracles... but they're technically highly unlikely and improbable events that occur.
this is a retarded viewpoint

the top explorers of the world at one point believed the world was flat

you can go on and on

is it a form of proof that there is a god by mentioning that einstein believed in him?

no

hawkings isnt providing any tangible proof
 7 years ago '09        #224
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7934 7934
 DaOmega_1 said:
I find it interesting that everybody is either sticking up for and/or arguing against a statement that is not fact, and that is theory and/or opinion. In other words, no one can say there is no heaven or there is a heaven because no one knows for sure. You can speculate, but that's all you can do.
i know for sure theres a heaven, i know for sure theres a god
 7 years ago '04        #225
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
It's hard to believe in God when
1) You're a scientist
2) You look like that
 7 years ago '09        #226
monoloco 6 heat pts
space
space
$230 | Props total: 20 20
God and heaven are created by weak people who need back-up... idiots
 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM         #227
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He has maintained this position since very early in his career, telling German newsmagazine Der Speigel in 1988 that "what I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began."

"This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary," he said
some of you fu*kin idiots need to learn how to thoroughly read articles before you even reply
 7 years ago '04        #228
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
You also can't prove if there are or aren't unicorns in another dimension. Does that mean it is rational to believe in such?
If unicorns in another dimension are what it takes for a person to be a good human being, help others, take care of his family, and not do stupid sh-t, what difference does it make if it's rational or irrational? What do you (or anyone else) care?

I'd rather deal with the good irrational person who believes in a giant pink bunny in the clouds than the atheist atheist douchebag who doesn't believe in anything and thinks they're better than anyone and everyone who chooses to believe in something unexplainable/irrational.

I couldn't care less what folks believe in and what their religion is; whatever it takes to keep your life on track, I support it. I don't even care if you don't believe in anything and you don't believe God exists, if you can do good in this world without believing in a higher power, I'm all for that too.
 7 years ago '04        #229
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
The person making the claim bears the burden of proof.
Fair enough, but why be so hell-bent on proving us wrong? I understand the religious Christian extremists who want to shove the bible down your throat and look down on you if you don't agree with them, you can clothesline them for all I care.

But I'm referring to the folks who mind their own and simply use God/religion as a guide to living. Nothing wrong with that. Logical? Maybe not, but if it works, nothing wrong with it.
 05-16-2011, 06:45 PM         #230
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
why is that smiley smoking out of the slide???
cuz whoever made it never smoked a bong in they life?....
 7 years ago '11        #231
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
Feeble minded religious morons. Bunch of sheep.
 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM         #232
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Mr. Hawking was smart enough to realize the subject of religion is not intellectually sound. Nobody wants answers, and are perfectly fine with just using snippets as they go along to suit their needs. Ignoring the things that don't help their bottom line(Do unto others), and putting more emphasis on the crap that fuels their fear and hatred(anything regarding other races, religions they know next to nil about, and the s3xuality of the next man/woman.)

It's a losing battle. Bringing a scientific calculator to a punkin chunkin competition will only get you laughed at. You'll probably end up winning if your calculations are correct, but the ridicule will be a main focus of everyone else there.

For the most part, religion does help a lot of people cope. It helps cope with the loss of a loved one, the thought of your own life coming to an end, and feelings of being alone among other things. It can be useful for those instances. It's annoying when you have overbearing individuals evoking a comic book styled spirit into, not only their lives, but into the lives of anyone within yelling distance.

Wars have been started in the name of religious. Ethnic groups have been persecuted in the name of religious beliefs. Sick fu*ks have rewritten religious text, made them selves gods, and have brainwashed people to follow them in cults.

I dig the concept behind religion. I despise the fact that man has repeatedly warped concept concept as a way of fu*king up the lives of others.

Case in point: Pretty much every potential Presidential candidate(Repub., and Dem.) during the 2012 election will use their religion as a way of getting votes. Why? Well, despite what else Obama does, there are people who will still believe that he's from Kenya, and that he isn't a Christian.

No amount of logic, government documents, or polygraph testing will change such asinine beliefs.This won't be the first, and unfortunately, won't be the last time the separation of church and state will be totally ignored.

If I'm wrong, someone the stature of Hawking would be able to generate a serious discussion in just about every demographic(yes, even the BET caliber comedians here on BX would make an attempt to contribute something.) But that's not the case.

It's safer to throw insults at a man, talking sh*t about his physical condition, instead of using your "thinking brain", as Scott Van Pelt would say, and trying to make sense out of whatever it is you choose to believe in. Typical.
 7 years ago '07        #233
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 BooHaggle McGee said:
some of you fu*kin idiots need to learn how to thoroughly read articles before you even reply
the thing about God is he is absolute.....what he said he did, he did so he said he created the universe then for you to believe in him you must believe that he created the universe.....that is a fact about the bible that he fails to grasp.......that is also why if you are a christian you shouldnt believe in aliens......the bible says..."For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." now if God is the creator of everything yet he only saves man then the whole premise of the Bible becomes flawed.....the Bible preaches Love first and foremost one of his commandments is to "Love thy Neighbor" so as a christian its a duty to inform people give them a choice
 7 years ago '04        #234
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
Would you also like to live in a world where millions of people have been k!lled in the name of religion?
You're talking about extremists. That's not religion; those are frauds and cowards hiding behind the name of religion. If you actually research most religions (including Muslim), you'd see that most are strong believers in peace.

Anything in excess is bad for you, religion, cigarettes, alcohol, weed all alike.

You talk about k!lled in the name of religion, how about the people SAVED in the name of religion? Maybe not as many k!lled, but how many homeless people have been saved by churches, mosques, and synagogues? How much charity has been given in the name of God, etc.

You argue with folks that God doesn't exist, and that's perfectly valid, but the funny thing is you're usually arguing with folks who use religion positively, and not as an excuse to fulfill their selfish needs.

ra1n said:
Would you also like to live in a world where millions of people have been k!lled in the name of religion?

lol @ "good irrational people"
look at all the believers in this thread resorting to attacking the way Hawking looks because they lack the ability to form a logical argument
Well I'm not defending them. If you're going to let BOXDEN (of all the f-cking online communities in the internet universe) represent the social scope of the world, then no wonder you're so jaded and think all believers of God are idiots and monsters.

Last edited by RYLNYC; 05-16-2011 at 06:54 PM..
 7 years ago '11        #235
m0stincredible 
space
space
$203 | Props total: 16 16
lmao..
 7 years ago '11        #236
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Albert Einstein knew religion was bullsh*t... Stephen Hawking isn't the 1st or last extremely smart person to say this.

Religion is made up, end of story.
 7 years ago '11        #237
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 RYLNYC said:
A scientist who doesn't believe in a metaphysical higher being? Shocker!

This "religion vs. atheism" argument has been pointless and idiotic since day 1. Neither sides are ever gonna compromise and no side will ever have 100% concrete inarguable evidence that God doesn't (or does) exist.

There's pretty solid evidence God doesn't exist.
 7 years ago '04        #238
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 ra1n said:
look at all the believers in this thread resorting to attacking the way Hawking looks because they lack the ability to form a logical argument
Actually, his looks/disability is a logical argument for why he may not believe in God. Many people refuse to believe in God because of certain things that have happened in their lives.

They postulate:
Major Premise: If God exists then XYZ would not happen
Minor Premise: XYZ happened
Conclusion: God does not exist

Therefore it's not simple ad hominem.

But Boxden isn't a good place for rhetoric anyway

Last edited by Magnificent Phoenix; 05-16-2011 at 07:01 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #239
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 PTC said:
I've yet to see it

Keep in mind, I'm far from religious myself. I just believe in common sense and compromise.

I believe in God, I fear and respect God, but that's about as far as it goes. I don't attend synagogue or any church; I do the same sh-t I'd do no matter what. It just so happens the belief of God is what keeps me in line to be a better person and keep my sh-t together. It works for me, I don't care what works for others.
 7 years ago '10        #240
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 PTC said:
No......
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy