Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-15-2011, 08:55 AM         #61
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When will people learn that derrick rose fans are delusional, if derrick rose robs a bank they'll say it's ok....
 7 years ago '05        #62
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
 Slickems said:
are you fu*king serious?

you admitted he was an academic cheater.

now you are praising him for staying "academically eligible"?

this can't be life
He might(yet to be proven) have cheated to get in college, yet he still had to maintain his college grades to play on that team.
 7 years ago '08        #63
topshotta22 
space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
i aint even a big d rose fan or bulls fan but what the fu*k does public speaking/reading have to do with playing in the nba? The n*gga aint running for president , he shoots a ball at a hoop, you aint gotta be a rocket scientist to do that....
 7 years ago '06        #64
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
props to rose for bringing positive changes to chicagol
 05-15-2011, 10:46 AM         #65
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not even a Rose fan but fu*k all the hating on this guy. If he cheated so what? As long as dude isn't juicing up in the league and that's how he got MVP then I could give 2 fu*ks about his SATs.

Derick Rose MVP > Mark, Sammy, Barry Bonds MVP
 7 years ago '08        #66
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
n*ggas still on that Rose cant read bullsh*t? Grow the fu*k up and move on.
 05-15-2011, 11:06 AM         #67
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regulate said:
Rose fans are delusional....yet you're the one bringing up false hypotheticals and basing opinions on that...but rose fans are delusional.....
basing off opinions??? have you seen the bulls fans ob bx??
 7 years ago '09        #68
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
 G5 Gent said:
At the end of the day it doesn't matter..

It's this simple, if Rose cheated, he cheated, that's something he will have to take up with God, whoever he prays to or whatever awaits us on the other side once we die, but the only thing that matters are these things:

-Cheating or not, he made it to the NBA. I am in no way backing up cheating as a way of accomplishing one's dreams but I'm also not hypocritical enough to say that if a test stood in my way of accomplishing my dreams especially on that scale I would not do the same thing. To those of you with enough integrity to rather fail at your dreams than take the easy road, more power to you and that's by no mean a sarcastic slight at all, but that's just not the way the vast majority of society thinks, and considering the area he grew up in if that's one of the worst things people can say about him, then I'd say that's minor to say the least. I'm sure a lot of parents in that area wish they worst thing they could say about their kids was they cheated on a test. Next point..

-Love him or hate him, Rose is a hell of a player. In basketball that's all that matters. Now of course if Rose tried to run for president of the United States or something like that then I'd be on the same side of the fence as those complaining about his limited education or what they perceive to be such, but, basketball requires the knowledge and skill of playing basketball. As the youngest MVP and also as a contender in the Eastern Conference finals this year it's safe to say he has that. Enough said. Sure there is some basic intelligence and means of conduct that is required, but as long as he's not out being accused of raping women, going into the stands to f!ght fans, arrogantly not showing up for practice, getting charged with murder then who really cares? I'd take someone with limited education over a rapist, an egotistical prick or a murderer any day. When all these charges have come up with some of the most beloved and d!ckrode NBA players in history, everyone was saying basketball is all that matters, but yet basketball doesn't triumph whether someone cheated on a test or whether someone is Einstein? Really? Get a grip. If all that matters is basketball and that's your argument by all means stick with it, but make sure its a universal blanket statement that covers all players and not just the ones of your choice, lastly, if that's not all that matters to you, it's still safe to say that in comparison to a lot of the league's top stars, Rose is a minor case. I'm sure if everybody had their backgrounds dug into that you'd fine negative mistakes of the past, so whether Rose is guilty or not, that doesn't make him any more human than you or me.

-Everyone on both sides seems to miss the bigger picture. What should matter most above all, including whether Rose cheated on a standardized test, his rank among basketball's elite, his skills on the court or his academic proficiency is the effect he is having his community. As many have stated already, Rose is from the absolute worst part of Chicago you can find, and regardless of his sins/non-sins (depending on what side you're on), if one man can make such a positive change and inspire so many in that area, then that really is all that matters out of all this. Period. He was in a gang? Fine. He cheated his way into college? Fine. He's overrated? Fine, that's your opinion. Is that wrong? Yes, if it's true, absolutely. If at the end of the day it can resulted in an entire community in probably the worst area of the United States to reach above and inspire for more than the drugs and violence that plagues it then it was all worth it in the end. Not saying Rose considered these things and committed his sins in the name of doing so, in fact I'm sure if he did those things it probably was for selfish reasons, but it matters not in the long run. Look at the results..Rose fan or not you can't argue with the positivity that's resulted.

At the end of the day I'll say this, Rose is a human like the rest of us, if he made those mistakes then fine, get over it, the only difference between him and us is we're not in the spotlight to have our sins broadcasted to the world. You can play the holier than thou card if you want but you're not fooling anyone because nobody in here is foolish enough to believe that any single man walking this earth is perfect or free from sin or mistakes. Get over it. If you're not a fan of D. Rose the player then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but bringing up literacy and a person's past which no one has been able to prove conclusively is just petty at this point, and even if they could? So what? He made a mistake, does that change his skill on the court or the way he's inspired people? No. In basketball all that matters is basketball, period, and if you want to drag personal life into it then when you consider a league that's been filled with rapists, murderers, adulterers and everything else in between..Rose still comes out clean in comparison.

So now what? Was that articulate enough for you guys?
Great Post
 7 years ago '04        #69
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Slickems said:
Hold That, honest question:

Do you believe that, after failing the ACT three times in Chiacgo, Rose traveled to Detroit and took those SATS himself?
Derrick Rose>>>>Pretty Ricky's and your existence....
 7 years ago '10        #70
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
I love Chicago.

D Rose doin good.

Haters will hate.

Being able to read doesn't equate to being socially capable of having a positive influence.
 7 years ago '07        #71
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 jplaydadon said:
vast enough for what? can you not understand derrick rose? can his people who live and hang around him understand him? thats all that matters. just cause someone doesnt speak bullsh*t standard english doesnt make them dumb or illiterate. ppl just use language as another way of reproducing cultural power structures that diss the way other people speak despite their jargon being specific to their needs. yall need to hop off rose sh*t. if he had an academic upbringing im sure hed do just as well in school as a lotta cats.
"Used to speak the king's English
But caught a rash on my lips
So now my chat just like dis"

Mos Def

When I'm at work fu*k that....I talk the way I have been for 20+ years....as a profound Bulls hater I commend D Rose on inspiring his hood and what not but I really think he needs to expand that vocab tho but doesn't take away from him being a great player and person
 05-15-2011, 12:51 PM         #72
G5 Gent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Slickems said:

[pic - click to view]

great post

i obviously disagree with some parts of it, but i really respect your ability to express this with 0% stan-ery or feelings-caught.
That's because I'm a fan of basketball. I'm a fan of great play. You will never be able to point me out as a stan of anything but the actual sport itself and that's how it should be. You should never get too wrapped up in a player to the point where you can't acknowledge his flaws on the court and I guess even if the court if you decide to take your fandom to that level. I will never support cheating but at the end of the day in a situation where so much inspiration was brought to an area where there was none previously, then I'll say the ends justified the means and the good outweighs the bad. I will say that if I had to raise a child in this area and the worst thing he ever did was cheat on a test to make it in life, then I'd say I was damn lucky considering the circumstances. People have done a lot worse for a lot less reason..

At the end of the day though it's not about agreeing with everybody or agreeing with everything any one person says, you should be able to discuss certain things amongst fans without the disrespect, hatred and total ignorance I've seen displayed throughout this thread. I will say this though, it's always good to remember this is called the SportsCenter and if you want to discuss someone's knowledge or anything related to that then there is The Knowledge Corner. Like maybe if D. Rose's perceived lack of academic prowess was affecting his on court play then the comments made in this thread warranted, but neither his intelligence or possible gang affiliation, neighborhood surroundings, etc have caused him to do anything but play great basketball and set a great example for those growing up in a similar situation as he is. Not so much the possible cheating aspect, but the making it out part, that's the part the light should be shined on the most not because of protecting D. Rose, but because of what his accomplishments are doing for others. Gang members dedicating safe zones? Come on now.

It's just funny to me that Derrick Rose may be a former possible GD but it's the rest of the league that seems to behave like thugs..I'll take a reformed thug any day over those still stuck in their thug like ways and behavior. Big shouts out to Derrick Rose for what he has done on the court and the work he has put in, he set out a goal at the beginning of the season and he made it happen. Can't hate on that..

But before I close, I'll just say this..remember in this country you're innocent until proven guilty. If you're not going to paint Kobe as a rapist for the rest of his life because of the accusation made against him then don't do it for D. Rose either because both accusations were unproven. I'm sure we've all been accused of things we haven't done before so sometimes it's best to remember that they are human just like you. Remember how fun it was to be accused of something you weren't guilty of? That could be the same thing this guy is going through..people saying he failed standardized tests twice before finally passing it, that would speak more to the point of those who say he isn't academically sound. That definitely sounds like it to me. So for those making that point, it taking him three times to pass a standardized test just might mean he didn't cheat after all especially if you're going to go with his lack of knowledge as your main point of interest..but enough of it..let's get back to what matters..

Basketball. It's going to be a good series I believe.
 7 years ago '07        #73
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #74
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
great read. Rose takes care of his own, you can tell he genuinely wants to help his hood.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy