Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-14-2011, 07:08 PM         #41
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T-Styles said:
^ because you never played division one ball as one of the top recruits in the country...You swear like the colleges, coaches and institution of college sports as a whole are just as much responsible for what happened.

Did I ever say they didn't share some responsibility in it? But no one in this thread has called the colleges, coaches, and institutions "humble," "admirable," etc.

And no matter how corrupt the system is, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the top college recruits sit for their own SATs.

Calling the whole system corrupt is fair, but Rose's case seems to stand-out as an exceptionally bad case of corruption even within a corrupt system -- it goes above and beyond the other daily corruption of college athletics.

05-14-2011, 10:33 PM         #42
G5 Gent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At the end of the day it doesn't matter..

It's this simple, if Rose cheated, he cheated, that's something he will have to take up with God, whoever he prays to or whatever awaits us on the other side once we die, but the only thing that matters are these things:

-Cheating or not, he made it to the NBA. I am in no way backing up cheating as a way of accomplishing one's dreams but I'm also not hypocritical enough to say that if a test stood in my way of accomplishing my dreams especially on that scale I would not do the same thing. To those of you with enough integrity to rather fail at your dreams than take the easy road, more power to you and that's by no mean a sarcastic slight at all, but that's just not the way the vast majority of society thinks, and considering the area he grew up in if that's one of the worst things people can say about him, then I'd say that's minor to say the least. I'm sure a lot of parents in that area wish they worst thing they could say about their kids was they cheated on a test. Next point..

-Love him or hate him, Rose is a hell of a player. In basketball that's all that matters. Now of course if Rose tried to run for president of the United States or something like that then I'd be on the same side of the fence as those complaining about his limited education or what they perceive to be such, but, basketball requires the knowledge and skill of playing basketball. As the youngest MVP and also as a contender in the Eastern Conference finals this year it's safe to say he has that. Enough said. Sure there is some basic intelligence and means of conduct that is required, but as long as he's not out being accused of raping women, going into the stands to f!ght fans, arrogantly not showing up for practice, getting charged with murder then who really cares? I'd take someone with limited education over a rapist, an egotistical prick or a murderer any day. When all these charges have come up with some of the most beloved and d!ckrode NBA players in history, everyone was saying basketball is all that matters, but yet basketball doesn't triumph whether someone cheated on a test or whether someone is Einstein? Really? Get a grip. If all that matters is basketball and that's your argument by all means stick with it, but make sure its a universal blanket statement that covers all players and not just the ones of your choice, lastly, if that's not all that matters to you, it's still safe to say that in comparison to a lot of the league's top stars, Rose is a minor case. I'm sure if everybody had their backgrounds dug into that you'd fine negative mistakes of the past, so whether Rose is guilty or not, that doesn't make him any more human than you or me.

-Everyone on both sides seems to miss the bigger picture. What should matter most above all, including whether Rose cheated on a standardized test, his rank among basketball's elite, his skills on the court or his academic proficiency is the effect he is having his community. As many have stated already, Rose is from the absolute worst part of Chicago you can find, and regardless of his sins/non-sins (depending on what side you're on), if one man can make such a positive change and inspire so many in that area, then that really is all that matters out of all this. Period. He was in a gang? Fine. He cheated his way into college? Fine. He's overrated? Fine, that's your opinion. Is that wrong? Yes, if it's true, absolutely. If at the end of the day it can resulted in an entire community in probably the worst area of the United States to reach above and inspire for more than the drugs and violence that plagues it then it was all worth it in the end. Not saying Rose considered these things and committed his sins in the name of doing so, in fact I'm sure if he did those things it probably was for selfish reasons, but it matters not in the long run. Look at the results..Rose fan or not you can't argue with the positivity that's resulted.

At the end of the day I'll say this, Rose is a human like the rest of us, if he made those mistakes then fine, get over it, the only difference between him and us is we're not in the spotlight to have our sins broadcasted to the world. You can play the holier than thou card if you want but you're not fooling anyone because nobody in here is foolish enough to believe that any single man walking this earth is perfect or free from sin or mistakes. Get over it. If you're not a fan of D. Rose the player then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but bringing up literacy and a person's past which no one has been able to prove conclusively is just petty at this point, and even if they could? So what? He made a mistake, does that change his skill on the court or the way he's inspired people? No. In basketball all that matters is basketball, period, and if you want to drag personal life into it then when you consider a league that's been filled with rapists, murderers, adulterers and everything else in between..Rose still comes out clean in comparison.

So now what? Was that articulate enough for you guys?
 7 years ago '04        #43
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 yo0123yo said:
derrick rose childhood home

[pic - click to view]

After shots rang outside Rainbow Submarine at 7100 S. Ashland in Chicago, everyone inside look to the direction of the diisturbance after police arrive.

[pic - click to view]

Derrick Rose's Maserati. Rainbow Submarine at 7100 S. Ashland in Chicago where Derrick Rose used to eat the chicken nuggets after playing basketball at Murray Park

[pic - click to view]

Near the Murray Playground where Derrick Rose used to play basketball in his younger days, are (l-r) , Tim Flowers, Marco Sams and Arsenio Williams are pulled over and checked while driving a Maseratti in the old neighborhood by Chicago police officers

[pic - click to view]

Its crazy that you mention the South Ashland area, because I was born and raised in that area, and I know how it is...
 7 years ago '04        #44
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148 OP
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
 G5 Gent said:

It's this simple, if Rose cheated, he cheated, that's something he will have to take up with God, whoever he prays to or whatever awaits us on the other side once we die, but the only thing that matters are these things:

-Cheating or not, he made it to the NBA. I am in no way backing up cheating as a way of accomplishing one's dreams but I'm also not hypocritical enough to say that if a test stood in my way of accomplishing my dreams especially on that scale I would not do the same thing. To those of you with enough integrity to rather fail at your dreams than take the easy road, more power to you and that's by no mean a sarcastic slight at all, but that's just not the way the vast majority of society thinks, and considering the area he grew up in if that's one of the worst things people can say about him, then I'd say that's minor to say the least. I'm sure a lot of parents in that area wish they worst thing they could say about their kids was they cheated on a test. Next point..

-Love him or hate him, Rose is a hell of a player. In basketball that's all that matters. Now of course if Rose tried to run for president of the United States or something like that then I'd be on the same side of the fence as those complaining about his limited education or what they perceive to be such, but, basketball requires the knowledge and skill of playing basketball. As the youngest MVP and also as a contender in the Eastern Conference finals this year it's safe to say he has that. Enough said. Sure there is some basic intelligence and means of conduct that is required, but as long as he's not out being accused of raping women, going into the stands to f!ght fans, arrogantly not showing up for practice, getting charged with murder then who really cares? I'd take someone with limited education over a rapist, an egotistical prick or a murderer any day. When all these charges have come up with some of the most beloved and d!ckrode NBA players in history, everyone was saying basketball is all that matters, but yet basketball doesn't triumph whether someone cheated on a test or whether someone is Einstein? Really? Get a grip. If all that matters is basketball and that's your argument by all means stick with it, but make sure its a universal blanket statement that covers all players and not just the ones of your choice, lastly, if that's not all that matters to you, it's still safe to say that in comparison to a lot of the league's top stars, Rose is a minor case. I'm sure if everybody had their backgrounds dug into that you'd fine negative mistakes of the past, so whether Rose is guilty or not, that doesn't make him any more human than you or me.

-Everyone on both sides seems to miss the bigger picture. What should matter most above all, including whether Rose cheated on a standardized test, his rank among basketball's elite, his skills on the court or his academic proficiency is the effect he is having his community. As many have stated already, Rose is from the absolute worst part of Chicago you can find, and regardless of his sins/non-sins (depending on what side you're on), if one man can make such a positive change and inspire so many in that area, then that really is all that matters out of all this. Period. He was in a gang? Fine. He cheated his way into college? Fine. He's overrated? Fine, that's your opinion. Is that wrong? Yes, if it's true, absolutely. If at the end of the day it can resulted in an entire community in probably the worst area of the United States to reach above and inspire for more than the drugs and violence that plagues it then it was all worth it in the end. Not saying Rose considered these things and committed his sins in the name of doing so, in fact I'm sure if he did those things it probably was for selfish reasons, but it matters not in the long run. Look at the results..Rose fan or not you can't argue with the positivity that's resulted.

At the end of the day I'll say this, Rose is a human like the rest of us, if he made those mistakes then fine, get over it, the only difference between him and us is we're not in the spotlight to have our sins broadcasted to the world. You can play the holier than thou card if you want but you're not fooling anyone because nobody in here is foolish enough to believe that any single man walking this earth is perfect or free from sin or mistakes. Get over it. If you're not a fan of D. Rose the player then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but bringing up literacy and a person's past which no one has been able to prove conclusively is just petty at this point, and even if they could? So what? He made a mistake, does that change his skill on the court or the way he's inspired people? No. In basketball all that matters is basketball, period, and if you want to drag personal life into it then when you consider a league that's been filled with rapists, murderers, adulterers and everything else in between..Rose still comes out clean in comparison.

7 years ago '04        #45
space
space
space
‘‘When there’s a shooting, people usually run,’’ Rose said. ‘‘But in our neighborhood, it was kind of regular, so you’d keep on hooping." thats how bad that area is and some of you guys expect him to be a harvard graduate professional speaker.

Last edited by yo0123yo; 05-14-2011 at 11:37 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #46
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
 G5 Gent said:

Preach
 05-14-2011, 11:36 PM         #47
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G5 Gent said:

[pic - click to view]

great post

i obviously disagree with some parts of it, but i really respect your ability to express this with 0% stan-ery or feelings-caught.
 7 years ago '04        #48
space
space
space
 Slickems said:

[pic - click to view]

great post

i obviously disagree with some parts of it, but i really respect your ability to express this with 0% stan-ery or feelings-caught.
that gif
 05-14-2011, 11:44 PM         #49
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Go Stay Winning
 7 years ago '04        #50
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 Hold That said:
based on what proof can Derrick Rose barely read? Because people on BX said it over and over and now you believe it to be fact? You've never met Rose in your life, you've never met anyone who've known Rose in your life, yet somehow you are typing as if you know everything in anything about him non-basketball related..
Rose is my favorite player but it is true that he can barely read . My high school baseball coach knew the Rose family well he lived a couple houses down from them. Not saying he's dumb he's just not educated. A lot of that obviously has to do with where he grew up though. Calling Englewood a rough neighborhood is understatement of the year.

Last edited by DERRTY CHYBO; 05-15-2011 at 12:01 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #51
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
harolds chicken>>>rainbow submarine. That mild sauce wit the fries. yall know drose fu*kin wit harolds too.

Rose dont only got all of Englewood behind em, this n*gga got the whole city on lock. Its crazy how one day he's going to have the potential to turn our neighborhood in a positive direction and the city hasnt been able to do sh*t since that crack and heroin tore thru this hood in the early 90's
 7 years ago '06        #52
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,963 | Props total: 13583 13583
 ItsDipsetSlime said:
good, now someone tell the Bulls to hire someone to teach him how to talk properly .
whocares how he talk slime?
 7 years ago '05        #53
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
@ dudes hating on Rose because he aint the best speaker. Who gives a fu*k? This aint no speaking fu*king contest, are you fools serious?

I always thought dudes joked about this but they are serious wit it? Jealous mofos damn
 7 years ago '04        #54
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 katalist said:
@ dudes hating on Rose because he aint the best speaker. Who gives a fu*k? This aint no speaking fu*king contest, are you fools serious?

I always thought dudes joked about this but they are serious wit it? Jealous mofos damn
. some dudes just aint good at public speaking/speaking in general. so what n*ggas
 7 years ago '06        #55
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,963 | Props total: 13583 13583
alot of yall sound like bi*ches......tombout how he speak and sh*t.......so what why do you care how he speak....
i could understand if he was a tv sports announcer, had a job where it was all abour talking..........but son play basketball?

Last edited by Big Bear; 05-15-2011 at 02:54 AM..
 05-15-2011, 08:24 AM         #56
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can even tell Derrick Rose is dumb as fu*k. Doesn't mean he can't ball though.
 7 years ago '05        #57
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 majestic75 said:
Neither of us has ever met Rose in his life. Allwe have to go on is:

a. His horrible grammar and inablity to properly articulate himself.
b. his cheating in high school and on his SATs to meet the requirements for college.

[pic - click to view]

False.

I've met Rose 4 times in real life.. I've met some of his best friends through parties on multiple occasions.. For what it's worth I know one of his cousins(I was skepticle at first he was actually his cousin but he was able to get some free tickets at a big game in the season with damn good seats.. And know plenty of people who went to Simeon with him.. I am from the Southside of Chicago afterall.. Hell I've met a lot of famous people in Chicago.. Met R.Kelly multiple times, and on one occasion he showed up to my best friends house because he was dating his sister My life is not yours, I speak confidently on things that I KNOW AS FACT. You speak out your a.ss.

with that said, none of it matters anyhow, like I said, you've never met anyone a.ssociated with Rose never met him in person, and the only info you have of him is media related. You and I are not the same, and me being mad? Not in the slightest, I'm just laughing at your ignorance..

Case in point being that you think because someone is not a good public speaker they some how can't read.. Rappers have bad grammar but I guess they can't read the lyrics they write down either right?

Last edited by Hold That; 05-15-2011 at 08:37 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #58
space
space
 DERRTY CHYBO said:
Rose is my favorite player but it is true that he can barely read . My high school baseball coach knew the Rose family well he lived a couple houses down from them. Not saying he's dumb he's just not educated. A lot of that obviously has to do with where he grew up though. Calling Englewood a rough neighborhood is understatement of the year.
He's not the smartest or a scholar, but I'm sure the kid can read. And if he couldn't it would have leaked out Rose couldn't read. And I find it funny calling someone not educated who actually went to classes and stay academically eligible to play basketball.
 7 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 G5 Gent said:

It's so rare you find a good post like this in this section, bulls fan or no bulls fan you need to post on this section more.
 05-15-2011, 08:49 AM         #60
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
And I find it funny calling someone not educated who actually went to classes and stay academically eligible to play basketball.

are you fu*king serious?

you admitted he was an academic cheater.

now you are praising him for staying "academically eligible"?

this can't be life
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
44 comments
1 day ago