Sources: Dallas Cowboys to Cut Terence Newman, Sign Oakland Raiders’ Nnamdi Asomugha

most viewed right now
 206
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 129
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 116
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
7955 pageviews
81 comments


klew 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
Sources: Dallas Cowboys to Cut Terence Newman, Sign Oakland Raiders’ Nnamdi Asomugha
 

 

[pic - click to view]

 Sources: Dallas Cowboys to Cut Terence Newman, Sign Oakland Raiders’ Nnamdi Asomugha | The Cowboys Central


[pic - click to view]



The Dallas Cowboys have a decent stable of cornerbacks. Most signs from the 2011 NFL Draft point to the Cowboys keeping those cornerbacks for the upcoming season. However, you have to keep Dallas team owner and general manager Jerry Jones’ quick trigger finger in mind when it comes to free agency. New rumors say the Cowboys will cut Terence Newman and look to sign a marquee cornerback, that most likely being Oakland Raider Nnamdi Asomugha.

Those beliefs originate from comparisons of Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s defense to his twin brother’s, New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan. The Jets have Darrelle Revis to apply heavy pressure on star receivers, which makes the Ryan defenses click. The Cowboys have a pressure corner in Mike Jenkins, although his 2010 performance was very disappointing compared to his 2009 Pro Bowl campaign.

Sources say Jones will cut Newman to sign Asomugha and then have two pressure cornerbacks to really exploit Rob Ryan’s defensive scheme. The same sources say Jones will look to sign Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins, another key to the Ryan defense.

Whether or not that happens, the Cowboys will definitely sign at least one defensive back in free agency, most likely a safety. If Asomugha will not sign with Dallas, then the Denver Broncos’ Champ Bailey is also available along with the Minnesota Vikings’ Lito Sheppard and the Washington Redskins’ Phillip Buchanon.

Whether the Cowboys sign anyone in free agency depends on the NFL lockout. If it is not lifted before the start of the season, it will be very difficult for teams to sign free agents and get them into uniform for the 2011 season. Whatever Jones decides to do, the Cowboys will definitely have some new faces in the secondary for the upcoming season.

81 comments for "Sources: Dallas Cowboys to Cut Terence Newman, Sign Oakland Raiders’ Nnamdi Asomugha"

 7 years ago '04        #2
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$32,444 | Props total: 6038 6038
 7 years ago '07        #3
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
 7 years ago '07        #4
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,437 | Props total: 43397 43397
bull fu*king sh*t.

how can anyone make any moves right now. this is the most BS false news i have ever heard.
 05-13-2011, 09:04 PM         #5
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is this for real? damn i wanted my Chargers or Philly to get him
 7 years ago '08        #6
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 7 years ago '04        #7
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
this means hes coming to the texans (newman)


not sure if i want em though....
 05-13-2011, 09:11 PM         #8
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant make moves..
 7 years ago '06        #9
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,878 | Props total: 2716 2716
Wishful thinking on the writer's part. Newman getting cut is possible since he hasn't been good in awhile and has been overrated his whole career. (was a good corner just never as good as some made him out to be)
 7 years ago '05        #10
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 klew said:



[pic - click to view]



The Dallas Cowboys have a decent stable of cornerbacks. Most signs from the 2011 NFL Draft point to the Cowboys keeping those cornerbacks for the upcoming season. However, you have to keep Dallas team owner and general manager Jerry Jones’ quick trigger finger in mind when it comes to free agency. New rumors say the Cowboys will cut Terence Newman and look to sign a marquee cornerback, that most likely being Oakland Raider Nnamdi Asomugha.

Those beliefs originate from comparisons of Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s defense to his twin brother’s, New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan. The Jets have Darrelle Revis to apply heavy pressure on star receivers, which makes the Ryan defenses click. The Cowboys have a pressure corner in Mike Jenkins, although his 2010 performance was very disappointing compared to his 2009 Pro Bowl campaign.

Sources say Jones will cut Newman to sign Asomugha and then have two pressure cornerbacks to really exploit Rob Ryan’s defensive scheme. The same sources say Jones will look to sign Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins, another key to the Ryan defense.

Whether or not that happens, the Cowboys will definitely sign at least one defensive back in free agency, most likely a safety. If Asomugha will not sign with Dallas, then the Denver Broncos’ Champ Bailey is also available along with the Minnesota Vikings’ Lito Sheppard and the Washington Redskins’ Phillip Buchanon.

Whether the Cowboys sign anyone in free agency depends on the NFL lockout. If it is not lifted before the start of the season, it will be very difficult for teams to sign free agents and get them into uniform for the 2011 season. Whatever Jones decides to do, the Cowboys will definitely have some new faces in the secondary for the upcoming season.
 7 years ago '11        #11
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Newman is overrated and always though he was but there is no agreement so how could this be relased. I say it's BS and if nnamdi really came to the cowboys.
 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM         #12
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ST21 said:
bull fu*king sh*t.

how can anyone make any moves right now. this is the most BS false news i have ever heard.
One look at his source could have told you that
 7 years ago '07        #13
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
avatar space
space
$53,663 | Props total: 38450 38450
Bullsh*t


 7 years ago '07        #14
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
 Spid3yo said:
One look at his source could have told you that
I didn't even look at that till now

cowboyscentral huh TS?
 7 years ago '07        #15
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
avatar space
space
$53,663 | Props total: 38450 38450
The source

sh*t might as well jus say bleacher report



[pic - click to view]





Last edited by theFREAK; 05-13-2011 at 09:23 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #16
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$34,736 | Props total: 12164 12164
 jesusplay said:
im notplaying against the cowboys in madden
Grow a pair...it aint the team its the player controlling them,

I played with Carolina last year, had 300+ wins...and I will be playing with them this year too.
 7 years ago '08        #17
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452


this aint no sourse

fu*k outta here

he comin to philly, him and desan boys
 7 years ago '07        #18
24/7foamz 
space
avatar space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
keep him out the nfc east
 7 years ago '04        #19
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$32,444 | Props total: 6038 6038
 Mike Nitty said:
Grow a pair...it aint the team its the player controlling them,

I played with Carolina last year, had 300+ wins...and I will be playing with them this year too.
u fu*kin wit dem scrubs get yo a.ss drug playin real n*ggaz
 7 years ago '07        #20
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
avatar space
space
$30,447 | Props total: 14842 14842
 FaceTheGawd said:


this aint no sourse

fu*k outta here

he comin to philly, him and desan boys


he coming to denver






















Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 43
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy