Kobe Bryant looking forward to 2011-12!!

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
6948 pageviews
128 comments

yunsta 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,919 | Props total: 626 626
Kobe Bryant looking forward to 2011-12!!

[pic - click to view]

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Having had several days to let the Dallas Mavericks' unceremonious sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers sink in, Kobe Bryant was able to find a silver lining to having the season end so unexpectedly: He has more time to prepare for next season.

Bryant said his left foot is still swollen from when he turned his ankle in the first round against New Orleans, but he's healthy other than that and ready for an aggressive approach to his offseason regiment.

"This is a good summer for me to train and get strong," Bryant said, speaking after his exit interview Wednesday with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and outgoing coach Phil Jackson. "I haven't [been able to do that] the last two summers. Last year I had [right knee] surgery, the year before that we played deep into June so I didn't have a chance to kind of grind like I would like to, but this summer I have that chance."

Even though Bryant played all 82 games during the regular season and finished fourth in the MVP voting, averaging 25.3 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.7 a.ssists per game, Jackson limited Bryant's playing time in hopes of alleviating some wear and tear on his surgically repaired right knee, bringing his minutes down from 38.8 per game in 2009-10 to 33.9 this season.

Bryant's practice time was also almost completely cut out, and his presence was missed. Andrew Bynum said Tuesday that he believed the biggest contributing factor to the Lakers' demise this season was a lack of intensity in practices.

"I think it played a part in the fact that guys think that they can take days off because I'm not there," Bryant admitted. "It's just like your big brother not being around, you feel like you can do all these sorts of things with the toys and all this other stuff because I'm not on the court with you.

"It's upsetting, it's disappointing to me, because I wasn't able to get out there with them every day, but at the same time, you can't use it as a crutch or an excuse because I wasn't out there."
Bryant, who thought that "fatigue" was the biggest factor in the Lakers' lost season, said he was still able to play how he wanted to play despite recovering from injury to his right knee -- which needed to be drained three times during last season's playoffs --but just not play at his peak ability.

"I felt like I could have definitely played more, played longer, stuff like that," Bryant said. "In the postseason I felt healthy, barring the foot. But this offseason gives me a chance to really go to the [next] level. There's a difference between feeling healthy and feeling as strong as I know I can be."

He expects to return to practice moving forward.

"Next season will be different," Bryant said. "I will have this whole offseason to kind of get strong and this way I can get out there and kick their [behinds] in practice and they'll have no excuses."

Bryant has been playing with a fractured and arthritic right index finger since December 2009, but will not have it surgically repaired in the offseason even with the potentially long layoff with a lockout looming come June 30 when the current collective bargaining agreement expires.

"It takes too much time for that," Bryant said. "It's tough to gauge when the season's going to start and to kind of gamble with that and doing that procedure would take a little too much [risk]."

While finishing this season on May 8 rather than June 17 as the team did last year gives the Lakers more time, losing in the ultimate disgrace of a sweep rather than winning in the ultimate pride of a Game 7 victory gives the team more hunger, according to Bryant.

"Just refocus," Bryant said. "Take this summer. Some guys will rest, some guys will train, some guys will get healthy. Just refocus and come back next year with a good sense of purpose and be ready to go."

He thinks that focus and purpose will have enough impact to change things so that a major roster shuffle will be unnecessary.

"If you're asking me do I believe we can come back and win it again, I absolutely believe that," Bryant said. "In terms of this being the decline of the Lakers, it's nonsense. I remember they had a pretty good era in the '80s, and they didn't win three in a row. They didn't break that team up."

He later added, "If this team came back as is, I think we can win."

As for the lockout, he plans on letting players a.ssociation president Derek Fisher do the talking. Bryant said he won't comment on the negotiations because "I like getting foul calls."

Bryant reminisced about his time with Jackson and how their relationship grew from Jackson's first stint with the team when he had to "appease the Big Fella [Shaquille O'Neal] and in doing that, a lot of times I was road k!ll," to the second time around, when "I trusted him more. The first time around, I really didn't." But Byrant expects to keep in touch with Jackson every couple of weeks in the future.

As for Jackson's replacement, Bryant said a.ssistant coach Brian Shaw would be a viable candidate because of his level of "familiarity" with the team and his ability to communicate. Bryant has not been in contact with Lakers management about the coaching search, but emphasized the need to find a coach who will bring a defensive identity as more important than what offense he runs.

Bryant was content to leave the season in the past, describing it as "a wasted year of my life," but he's looking ahead with a new edge.

"What I think about is shutting up those [expletives] talking about I'm done," Bryant said.

source:
[pic - click to view]

Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant finds silver lining on sudden ending to season: more time to prepare this summer for 2011-12 - ESPN Los Angeles

128 comments for "Kobe Bryant looking forward to 2011-12!!"

05-11-2011, 08:44 PM         #2
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol mean while melo is taking pics with a camel...knick fans respond
 7 years ago '04        #3
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
 7 years ago '09        #4
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
we comin back harder than ever, just watch
 7 years ago '06        #5
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
I can see LAL making one last run for 2012...

then again, I thought the Rockets would win 64 games in 2008-09 season....
 7 years ago '07        #6
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15095 15095
He later added, "If this team came back as is, I think we can win."

Kobe's trippin with that , need to beef that bench up ASAP
 7 years ago '10        #7
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
take ur time Kobe

U got plenty of it
 7 years ago '05        #8
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,191 | Props total: 9386 9386
The return of swole buff a.ss Kobe?
 7 years ago '07        #9
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,095 | Props total: 30436 30436
If the team comes back as is?????

Y'all gonna bring back Pau's broad too?
 7 years ago '11        #10
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 DrX said:
lol mean while melo is taking pics with a camel...knick fans respond
that's ok NY will be a force next season

Hopefully

Last edited by Backflipz; 05-11-2011 at 08:58 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #11
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
Let's go n*gga!
 7 years ago '06        #12
space
space
 stogz said:

That's why they are in this mess now.
 7 years ago '04        #13
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '10        #14
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8248 8248
n*gga better sit his a.ss down somewhere for a few weeks. Kobe becoming TMAC in 5..4...3....2
 7 years ago '05        #15
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 stogz said:

Rumors were false

Catch up.
 7 years ago '05        #16
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Nautilus O said:
n*gga better sit his a.ss down somewhere for a few weeks. Kobe becoming TMAC in 5..4...3....2
No where close to tmac

7 years ago '04        #17
Top Ramen 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 2 2
kobe is still the illest
 7 years ago '06        #18
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Yessir
 7 years ago '06        #19
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
Nah forreal though we can't come back with Fisher as our starting PG. We can get away with the other 4 starters coming back but unless Fisher finds the fountain of youth and the swag of Jesus, our athleticism problems won't be addressed.
 7 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
Kobe has an actual work ethic...T-mac my boy but uhhh...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy