Chris Bosh Admits To Being Scared Before Game 3

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
5567 pageviews
72 comments

MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
Chris Bosh Admits To Being Scared Before Game 3

[pic - click to view]

2011 NBA playoffs: Chris Bosh of Miami Heat admits nerves played part in Game 3 performance - ESPN

BOSTON -- When the Miami Heat came on the floor 15 minutes before Game 3's tipoff Saturday night the arena was darkened and the seats at TD Garden were full. On the videoboard above, the Boston Celtics were shown outside their locker room jumping up and down as the theme from Rocky pulsed from the loud speakers.

It was intimidating and that was before anyone had even broken a sweat. Most arenas are rowdy in the playoffs and in Boston it's tradition.

The intensity of that atmosphere got to Chris Bosh, something he admitted when looking back on his first road game in the second round. Bosh said nerves were a major factor in perhaps his worst game of the season, a six-point, five-rebound effort in 30 minutes in the Heat's 97-81 blowout loss.

"Given all the elements that were out there last night ... they were so hyped," Bosh said. "My emotions got the best of me early on and it kind of dictated what I was doing for the rest of the game."

In the first moments of the game, Bosh came off a standard pick-and-roll with Dwyane Wade and had an open mid-range jumper from the wing. Although this is a routine part of Miami's offense, Bosh hesitated and passed up the open jumper and tried to force the ball back to Wade.

Bosh's pass was off target and in traffic and went for a turnover. For Bosh, it was just downhill from there.

He was worked over by Kevin Garnett, who had 28 points and 18 rebounds and ineffective over the course of the game.

"I was not trusting my game," Bosh said. "The toughest thing to do in hostile environments is not just to trust your teammates but to trust yourself. Trust things you've been doing all your life."

Bosh's gameday started when he woke up with a sore neck. A few seconds into the game he was poked in the eye, causing him to thrash his head around like a cartoon character after a blow to the head. After winning praise in the first two games by outplaying Garnett, he never seemed like he had a chance in Game 3.

Bosh said he was going to try to get over it by attempting to relax going into Game 4 on Monday. Perhaps starting with a better pillow.

"There's a bunch of things I could've done better personally to affect the game more and get myself in rhythm," Bosh said. "Mistakes teach you more than anything else. Last night's game was a huge teacher."

Bosh is a valuable member of the Heat's offense as part of the team's Big 3 but has seemed out of sync during this series against Boston. Though he's done a good job rebounding the ball, averaging 9.3 per game, Bosh hasn't been able to get his shot going. He's just 9 for 26 (35 percent) after shooting 49 percent in the series with Philadelphia.

Some of it is because Bosh has been playing more 1-on-1 basketball instead of the effective pick-and-roll sets the Heat used all season. The Celtics have been quite effective in knocking the Heat out of their favorite sets, several of them that feature Bosh working in his best spot at the elbow.

"We're not going to put him on an island by himself and expect him to score," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "The way we've been successful all year is executing our offense and a lot of that offense runs through Chris. We have to help him as well."

But the X's and O's were secondary in Bosh's poor performance in Game 3. It started with the moment being too much for him. He recognized the problem, now it's up to him to see if he can get over it.

"I wasn't relaxing and playing, I play better when I'm just relaxing," Bosh said. "I have to take the emotions out and play basketball."

72 comments for "Chris Bosh Admits To Being Scared Before Game 3"

7 years ago '07        #2
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,553 | Props total: 1173 1173
Drop ya nuts bosh

Redeem yaself tommorrow night
 05-08-2011, 10:01 PM         #3
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He hasn't played a meaningful basketball game in nearly his whole life. How can you blame him?
 05-08-2011, 10:01 PM         #4
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if u play sports and ur intimidated.... you shouldnt be playing
 7 years ago '04        #5
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
 SteveSS said:
He hasn't played a meaningful basketball game in nearly his whole life. How can you blame him?
there are probably alot of players like that

the difference is they dont go and tell the fu*king media
 7 years ago '06        #6
bran 146 heat pts146
space
space
$3,186 | Props total: 4 4

[pic - click to view]

all he had to do was this KG woulda been shook

Last edited by bran; 05-08-2011 at 10:24 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #7
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
what a pus*y
 7 years ago '06        #8
richardgil 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$831 | Props total: 87 87
I used Ctrl + F and only time I found the word 'scared' was in the thread title.
Be more accurate next time.
I.e. "Bosh let's his emotions get to him before game 3"
 7 years ago '07        #9
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Its understandable but cmon bosh some sh*t you keep to yourself

Just say you had a bad game...

I give him a pass somewhat bwcause hes in some sh*t he knows nothing about. What serious rivalries could he be apart of in toronto?? Wade and Bron kno because they've been through.it before. Sucks for him because his time to adjust is very small as in 2 days lol...
 7 years ago '05        #10
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
As I stated in the game thread multiple times. The moment was too big for him. All the Heat can hope for is that he comes out better. I don't care about the offense..but he is only guy with the length to make it tough on KG. And the Heat need Anthony on the weak side getting boards and blocking shots..can't have him guarding KG.
 7 years ago '07        #11
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 The Bully said:
i bet he wouldve felt more at ease if the game was being played at club twist on south beach

if you don't know what that is, look it up:hay:
The better question is how do you kno what that is

Never heard of that place EVER
 7 years ago '05        #12
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Bosh's game day started when he woke up with a sore neck. A few seconds into the game he was poked in the eye, causing him to thrash his head around like a cartoon character after a blow to the head. After winning praise in the first two games by outplaying Garnett, he never seemed like he had a chance in Game 3.
He woke up with a sore neck?I would of thought for sure it was a sore anus ole sugar in the tank a** pillow biter...
 7 years ago '10        #13
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
Bosh is a bi*ch a.ss n*gga
GTFO!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #14
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
damn ...the teams that was courting him during free agency dodged a bullet..can you imagine this guy as a Number 1 for another team?
 7 years ago '07        #15
Royce207 
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 3 3
 bran said:

[pic - click to view]

all he had to do was this KG woulda be shook
LMFAO for some reason im losing it over here, what a homo
 7 years ago '10        #16
kingblock 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,455 | Props total: 2057 2057
Heat gonna trade this pus*y a.ss n*gga
 7 years ago '10        #17
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
he's been a pus*y ever since he cut his hair
 7 years ago '08        #18
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #19
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Afnorth123 said:
damn ...the teams that was courting him during free agency dodged a bullet..can you imagine this guy as a Number 1 for another team?
Wouldn't have been the number 1 anywhere since he was going anywhere Wade went. fu*kin lap dog
 7 years ago '04        #20
BigGee 
space
space
$867 | Props total: 14 14
this n*gga pus*y, bleedin gap a.ss n*gga
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago