Report: Sixers will look to trade Iguodala (for Rudy Gay or Kaman?)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
6890 pageviews
101 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Report: Sixers will look to trade Iguodala (for Rudy Gay or Kaman?)

Start your Trade Machine's engine. The Philadelphia 76ers will look to trade star wing Andre Iguodala this offseason, according to Kate f*gan, the Sixers' beat writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer. The 27-year-old Iguodala, who finished eighth in NBA Defensive Player of the Year voting, has three years and $42 million left on his contract.

Fagan reports that Sixers coach Doug Collins has found a core of players led by Jrue Holiday and Thaddeus Young that he feels comfortable with, and that if Philadelphia can get a solid return for Iguodala -- which remains a question mark -- the team would be better in the long-term. How Evan Turner, the Sixers' No. 2 pick in 2010, fits remains to be seen; Iguodala spent much of this season at small forward, with Young coming off the bench. If Young becomes a starter going forward, trading Iguodala could free up a slot for Turner, who had a strong NBA Playoffs series against the Miami Heat.

Fagan mentions two specific rumors: an Iguodala for Rudy Gay trade, and a swap for Chris Kaman. But if Iguodala is seen as available, options could open up. Teams whose season has ended can execute trades now and through June 30 (didn't know that image ), but franchises taking on additional salary will likely want to wait until a collective bargaining agreement is reached to a.ssess how the league's new economic system (if there is one) punishes teams with high payrolls.

[pic - click to view]

Andre Iguodala Trade By Sixers Possible, According To Report - SBNation.com

[pic - click to view]

doubt memphis downgrades like that (even though n*ggas are acting like they've won the title without rudy). might be a good look for the clippers though

101 comments for "Report: Sixers will look to trade Iguodala (for Rudy Gay or Kaman?)"

7 years ago '05        #2
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,886 | Props total: 8410 8410
how is iggy a downgrade from gay? gay is a better scorer but imo iggy trumps him in every other aspect and is also one of if not the best defensive swingman in the league. i am far from iggy's biggest fan but 14/6/6 guys dont just fall from trees

as for the article not surprised one bit i said in another thread that i think a couple teams that would be a good fit for iggy is memphis and the clippers and those are teams we could get something solid in return, im not sure how much i want another 3 in return though because i still think evan should be there and should eventually start at the 3 for us
 7 years ago '08        #3
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Kaman is garbage... Don't see how it's a downgrade for grizzlies.. They have some scorers so he can just make plays n play defense. Make it done thou I wanna see what turner can do given good minutes
 7 years ago '05        #4
space
space
 primetime said:
Kaman is garbage... Don't see how it's a downgrade for grizzlies.. They have some scorers so he can just make plays n play defense. Make it done thou I wanna see what turner can do given good minutes
kaman is far from garbage...his biggest problem is staying healthy, he's an all-star caliber center imo
 05-08-2011, 09:02 AM         #5
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 primetime said:
Battier, Allen and Young bring plenty of D. We could really use an extra 20 scorer
 7 years ago '11        #6
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
Apparently Philly don't like the n*gga anyway

7 years ago '08        #7
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Tempus # 1 said:
Battier, Allen and Young bring plenty of D. We could really use an extra 20 scorer
Iguodala is better than all of them...he's an all nba defender and great play maker Grizzlies seem fine with Rudy so far, dont see why u would prefer extra 20 pt scorer.

StateProperty88 said:
kaman is far from garbage...his biggest problem is staying healthy, he's an all-star caliber center imo
i wouldn't trade iguodala for him thou...he's almost 30 already n Sixers can draft a center this year.
 7 years ago '05        #8
space
space
 HarbingerOfSwag said:
Apparently Philly don't like the n*gga anyway

yeah we're hard on him i have to admit, but i feel some (not all) is warranted. i dont want to speak for the fans that were there but i think that a lot that went into that booing is that he had a combined 9 points in the first two games of the series, your leader and best player cant do that in the playoffs
 7 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 primetime said:
Iguodala is better than all of them...he's an all nba defender and great play maker Grizzlies seem fine with Rudy so far, dont see why u would prefer extra 20 pt scorer.

i wouldn't trade iguodala for him thou...he's almost 30 already n Sixers can draft a center this year.
this year's draft class is extremely weak and center is one of the worse positions in that regard, off the top of my head i cant think of any center coming out that i would draft in any capacity. if you want a center i suggest you look at someone like kaman or hope that memphis doesnt keep gasol (which is unlikely)

another possibility is maybe the lakers for bynum (or gasol, whichever is available) not straight up but the main pieces
 7 years ago '09        #10
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
good riddance
 05-08-2011, 09:23 AM         #11
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just think about if rudy gay wasn't injured.....

If i was memphis i wouldn't trade
 7 years ago '06        #12
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
Yeah I just don't see Gay going anywhere Kaman can be had. Kaman is a really good player but he can't stay healthy
 7 years ago '04        #13
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,194 | Props total: 3340 3340
Wouldn't trade Rudy with how well the team played this year. I know he's hurt but I would ride out this momentum if I was Memphis and keep the Core as is.
But I will pull a sign and trade with Tayshawn P for Iggy! Let's go Gores!!
 05-08-2011, 10:04 AM         #14
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really think Lakers should make a run @ Iggy, Artest just isn't the guy

he can be Kobe's Pippen
 7 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
Wouldn't trade Rudy with how well the team played this year. I know he's hurt but I would ride out this momentum if I was Memphis and keep the Core as is.
But I will pull a sign and trade with Tayshawn P for Iggy! Let's go Gores!!
you're joking right? just want to make sure
 05-08-2011, 10:07 AM         #16
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 primetime said:

Because with Battier, Young, Henry and Allen we have enough Defense. Rudy gives us the offense we need. Also Rudy was slick playing well on d this year

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 05-08-2011 at 10:09 AM..
 05-08-2011, 10:08 AM         #17
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
this year's draft class is extremely weak and center is one of the worse positions in that regard, off the top of my head i cant think of any center coming out that i would draft in any capacity. if you want a center i suggest you look at someone like kaman or hope that memphis doesnt keep gasol (which is unlikely)

another possibility is maybe the lakers for bynum (or gasol, whichever is available) not straight up but the main pieces
Lakers not trading Bynum or Gasol for Iggy, unless they getting Lou Williams back too, i would pull that trigga for Gasol in a heartbeat
 7 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 braided_uppimp said:
Lakers not trading Bynum or Gasol for Iggy, unless they getting Lou Williams back too, i would pull that trigga for Gasol in a heartbeat
nah like i said it wouldnt be straight up but those guys would be the main pieces, since the season ended i said that anyone on this roster should be available outside of thad and jrue. pau looking a little sickly out there right now, i think i would want bynum before gasol

to me iggy to the lakers makes a lot of sense
 7 years ago '09        #19
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,050 | Props total: 229 229
i wouldn't do the Iggy for Gay trade.. that's a lateral move and would still leave us with a crowded 3 spot..We need a big man so Kaman or one of the lakers bigs sounds good to me.. I definitely aint kno u can make trades now until 6/30 but the sooner this happens the better so we wont have to b caught up in the position the Eagles are in with a possible lockout looming that can fu*k a trade up
 05-08-2011, 10:15 AM         #20
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
nah like i said it wouldnt be straight up but those guys would be the main pieces, since the season ended i said that anyone on this roster should be available outside of thad and jrue. pau looking a little sickly out there right now, i think i would want bynum before gasol

to me iggy to the lakers makes a lot of sense
yes it does and i think Lakers could pursue him, cause he's a great play maker, he can get Kobe some easier shots, and he would help out transistion and number 1, he's an awesome defender and does he and Kobe have a friendship anyway? like i said he and Kobe would compliment eachother, especially if we are still running the tri-angle, cause he's be the primary ball handler like a Young Pip was
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy