Sony's Latest Update On PSN Status Doesn't Sound Good. "We Were Unaware Of The Extent Of The Attack"

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-07-2011, 10:04 PM         #61
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh...i hate sony...i hope they get sued
 7 years ago '05        #62
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,264 | Props total: 9755 9755
 llpooh said:

[pic - click to view]

*logs into XBL*

7 years ago '10        #63
NYstreetz 1 heat pts
space
space
$351 | Props total: 7 7
 Chi city Che said:
maaaaaaan i remember i was talkin to boy about all that linux bullsh*t and george hotz n sh*t n he was tellin me how koo dude was for postin all that info up n sh*t

ima slap the sh*t outta him next time i see him.
and fu*k that anonomyous f*ggot movement....... n*ggas should be usin there skill to expose all the bullsh*t in the country not fu*king wit playstation

^this
 7 years ago '07        #64
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
is it going to be up before the 9th or the 10th?
 7 years ago '06        #65
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,501 | Props total: 4818 4818
 JaeNice said:
Looks doubtful
 7 years ago '07        #66
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
 7 years ago '04        #67
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2398 2398
 MumblesDaHumble said:
What about my PSN account?
If you had a username already in place, but no actual info with your name, address etc.. I would say yes since your username was compromised.
 7 years ago '04        #68
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385 OP
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
 JaeNice said:
Judging from this latest update, i'd say definately not.
A week or 2 more, could be even a fu*king month still.
 7 years ago '04        #69
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
@ n*ggas selling their ps3 to afford to get 360

step ya bank account up and have both
 7 years ago '06        #70
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
 05-08-2011, 12:46 AM         #71
GR2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SCEE:

Also, look out for more information on the rest of our Welcome Back programme, including which free content you will be eligible for. We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon.

Might be for SCEA (America) too.

At least it's a nice gesture from them...
 7 years ago '07        #72
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
 Mystt said:
Judging from this latest update, i'd say definately not.
A week or 2 more, could be even a fu*king month still.
damn shame pre-ordered Brink for PS3...
 7 years ago '04        #73
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,892 | Props total: 2045 2045
I wonder if the name ih8hackers got hacked :hmm:
 7 years ago '05        #74
Chuck_Remixed 255 heat pts255
space
space
$17,135 | Props total: 3662 3662
 hawkoner said:
F- X-box ps3 will be back up soon
You may be right but I wouldn't bank on that, not the way this company has handled this and things in the past year. Just look at the patterns they've shown the past year. The only thing they are really prepared to do is sue you and make you sign a new big "fu*k YOU" TOS while downgrading the PS3 you bought after they win in court.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 05-08-2011 at 01:27 AM..
 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM         #75
sixpack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mystt said:

[pic - click to view]

if you’re expecting to go online with your playstation 3 or psp this weekend, you might want to make other plans. In the latest update from sony computer entertainment on the status of the currently offline playstation network it sounds like we’re in for a longer wait than we (or sony) expected.

Sony said on sunday that it planned to bring some of its playstation network and qriocity systems back online by end of week. But a new message from scea’s senior director of corporate communications patrick seybold provides little hope that will happen.

“we’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system,” seybold wrote this evening on the company’s blog. “verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.”

sony stressed in the past that it wouldn’t bring its playstation network services back online unless it was confident in the strength and security of its system. Based on the following statement, it sounds like sony may not have been aware of the scope and severity of its problems when it made promises to bring psn back online in the timeframe provided.

“when we held the press conference in japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week,” seybold wrote. “we were unaware of the extent of the attack on sony online entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services playstation network and qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when i say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen.”

so, exercise more patience, playstation owners. It sounds like we’re going to be waiting even longer to see each other back online anytime soon.

edit: Related news

sony removes info stolen from psn hack

tokyo, may 7 (reuters) - sony said on saturday it had removed from the internet the names and partial addresses of 2,500 sweepstakes contestants that had been stolen by hackers and posted on a website, and said it did not know when it could restart its playstation video games network. The company, under fire since hackers accessed personal data from about 100 million user accounts of its playstation network and pc-based online gaming services, said in a statement details posted on the inactive website also included three unconfirmed e-mail addresses.

the data came from customers who entered a 2001 product sweepstakes contest. The list did not include information on credit cards, social security numbers or passwords.

"the website was out of date and inactive when discovered as part of the continued attacks on sony," sony said, adding that the company took the website down shortly after finding out about the postings on thursday. Sony chief executive officer howard stringer apologised on friday to users of the firm's playstation network and other online services, breaking his silence on the massive data breach. The company said last sunday that it would begin restoring services within the week but a spokeswoman said on saturday this would not be possible, and that no date had been fixed for when services would resume.

sony u rock
 7 years ago '04        #76
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19945 19945
 GR2004 said:
SCEE:

Might be for SCEA (America) too.

Also, look out for more information on the rest of our Welcome Back programme, including which free content you will be eligible for. We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon.

At least it's a nice gesture from them...
that's pretty cool of them.....
 7 years ago '06        #77
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 497 497
Ps3 takes the biggest lawse for a gaming system ever. I didn't think that sh*t was possible after the sega cd hit the market...
 7 years ago '04        #78
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19945 19945
 samsin420 said:
Ps3 takes the biggest lawse for a gaming system ever. I didn't think that sh*t was possible after the sega cd hit the market...

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #79
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385 OP
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
Added "Sony provides a $1 million insurance policy to PSN users" article to OP
 7 years ago '10        #80
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
bout to cop that 360 if this sh*t lasts another week..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago