who exactly has derrick rose made better?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside Bow Wow Lowkey Had One Of THE GREATEST MIXTAPES RUN OF ALL TIME, Most U..
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #141
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3223 3223
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt ask about tha franchise.anybody averagin 25 is gonna improve a franchise.but as a "point god" what player has he made betta??simple question
You STILL haven't answered my question though...Why does he have to make someone better if the Bulls are winning?
 7 years ago '07        #142
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4800 4800
 Hold That said:
Rose isn't a traditional PG, like I don't consider Wade a traditional SG.. I think Wade and Rose are very similar but Rose is right between a PG and SG, and leans more towards PG while Wade leans more towards SG.. Rose is a willing passer, and willing to let someone else get shine if they are actually doing what they are suppose to do, Wade can pass better than any SG IMO, but is more of an aggressive scoring which is why he leans more towards SG.. But they are very similar..

Just because Rose doesn't play like the PG's before him or a traditional PG, doesn't mean he isn't one.. In every generation there's a player who redefines the position.. Nothing is constant, things change in this game.. Same way as Magic redefined his position, MJ redifined the SG role, and Rose is redefining the PG position.. Magic Johnson even said that in his rookie year that Rose was a trendsetting PG, a style we've never seen.. Not selfish to the point where you can put him as a undersized two like Iverson and Monta, just unselfish enough to have him play PG.. He's a rare breed, like Westbrook.. These are new age PG's we've never seen, and the reason why they can score so effectively and easily is because of their size,speed and strength that has never been seen on this level.. Nobody in the league possess Elite Speed, elite strength and elite athleticism rolled in one.

You can make a very good arguement that Rose is the best at all three, in terms of speed, strength and athletic ability at his position.. Never before could you say that about one player at the PG position, maybe they possessed two of those traits but not all three..
rose is definitely a willing passer,but u like u said,he's not really a point.just cause u pass doesnt make u a p.g.

rose isnt redefining anything.he aint doin nothin that guys like baron davis,marbury,and steve francis havent done.big difference is he is a much more likeable personality

iverson wasnt selfish at all.iverson neva played wit a decent all star caliber guy in their or his prime like rose so u cant compare them.its no coincidence iverson posted some of his best #'s in denver,which was tha 1 time he had a nice team

him and westrbrook arent rare breeds.they are becomin tha norm.mayo,blayless,jack,selby,rivers,teague,knight ,beal.all these hyped up prospects are nothin but chuckwagons.rose and westbrook are tha absolute best at it,but they are far from rare

nobody in tha league has elite strenght,athleticism and skill rolled in 1 but rose?really?are u serious?

which 1 of those traits didnt guys like marbury,davis have?

and all this still doesnt make up for tha fact that these guys make nobody betta
 7 years ago '07        #143
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
You STILL haven't answered my question though...Why does he have to make someone better if the Bulls are winning?
didnt see u ask it,but simple.tha job of a p.g is to make his guys betta.tha reason y chicago wins is very debateable.u can easily make tha case that they win cause of defense,and we all know that aint rose callin card
 7 years ago '05        #144
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
didnt see u ask it,but simple.tha job of a p.g is to make his guys betta.tha reason y chicago wins is very debateable.u can easily make tha case that they win cause of defense,and we all know that aint rose callin card
The job of a PG is to run the offense in whatever way works. Rose runs the offense in a way that works. The Chicago Bulls win because of:

1a. Defense/Thibs
1b. Rose's offense
 7 years ago '07        #145
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
The job of a PG is to run the offense in whatever way works. Rose runs the offense in a way that works. The Chicago Bulls win because of:

1a. Defense/Thibs
1b. Rose's offense
u hav a poor understandin of a p.g duties.this is y i dont talk much wit people who dont play,or arent involved in ball

until 1 of these me 1st guys wins that ring,that style of bball has had very little success.so we'll see how far it takes chicago,and okc
 7 years ago '08        #146
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,797 | Props total: 3420 3420
 r.burgundy said:
sayin luol arguably had his best season shows u dont kno sh*t,even though uve shown that plenty times before

well too bad a season aint 15 games long.aint no point in time this season was booze averagin 20/10

now how bout he get tha big guy guys some open shots

is that yall excuse??its tha same as kobe
How about u look at Boozers stats before the allstar break bi*ch. he was close to 20/10. When u include Deng Defense and improved 3pt shooting, i would say this is Deng best season, 2006 is the only year u can argue. He does get the big guys shots, and we dont need any excuses, we had the best record and he was MVP dumb a.ss.

Last edited by PEK; 05-07-2011 at 05:06 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #147
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
u hav a poor understandin of a p.g duties.this is y i dont talk much wit people who dont play,or arent involved in ball

until 1 of these me 1st guys wins that ring,that style of bball has had very little success.so we'll see how far it takes chicago,and okc
Stop man you have no idea what you're talking about. I played point guard for 10 years I know what the job of a PG is. A PG runs the offense, but in no way is he forbid from scoring. Rose plays PG in the way he plays it, and it works.

You saying that is a very good way of easing out of the argument, and I'm glad you're doing that because this thread is obviously pointless. You suggesting over and over that the MVP and star of the first ranked team in the league is supposed to play a different way is a joke.
 7 years ago '07        #148
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
Stop man you have no idea what you're talking about. I played point guard for 10 years I know what the job of a PG is. A PG runs the offense, but in no way is he forbid from scoring. Rose plays PG in the way he plays it, and it works.

You saying that is a very good way of easing out of the argument, and I'm glad you're doing that because this thread is obviously pointless. You suggesting over and over that the MVP and star of the first ranked team in the league is supposed to play a different way is a joke.
played point for 10 years where???

we'll say it works,if/when chi wins a ring

this argument could end easy if u just say a guy who he made betta
 7 years ago '08        #149
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
so roses 3 point 2 a.ssist increase is tha reason chi won 20 more games
First off, no one said Rose is the ONLY reason. Second Rose improved by 4pts and 2 ast. Thats 8pts. The heat lead the league in point differential at 7.5 pts. So if you dont realize how significant 8pts is k!ll yourself.
 7 years ago '07        #150
space
space
 PEK said:
How about u look at Boozers stats before the allstar break bi*ch. he was close to 20/10. When u include Deng Defense and improved 3pt shooting, i would say this is Deng best season, 2006 is the only year u can argue. He does get the big guys shots, and we dont need any excuses, we had the best record and he was MVP dumb a.ss.
close to 20/10 isnt 20/10 and that besides tha point.u said tha whole time noah was injured,and thats a lie

deng averaged 18 in 06 i think,and his scorin has went as low as 14,and stayed at 17,so where is tha improvement

if he gets tha big guys shots,why have booze #'s went down,and noahs stay tha same?
 7 years ago '07        #151
space
space
 PEK said:
First off, no one said Rose is the ONLY reason. Second Rose improved by 4pts and 2 ast. Thats 8pts. The heat lead the league in point differential at 7.5 pts. So if you dont realize how significant 8pts is k!ll yourself.
and u said it
and if u dont realize havin tha leagues best defense will get u more wins than tha leagues 16th best offense then k!ll yourself
 7 years ago '05        #152
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

Played point for 10 years coming up in rec leagues/high school, etc. The position of a PG doesn't change regardless of where you play it unless you aren't playing competitive ball at all.

And the we'll see if it works sh*t like I said is a good way of copping out of my question.

To answer your question, Rose hasn't made anyone's stats dramatically better. But like everyone else said and you seem to keep ignoring, it doesn't matter when his stats improve and he helps the Bulls reach a much higher level of success.
 7 years ago '07        #153
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
Played point for 10 years coming up in rec leagues/high school, etc. The position of a PG doesn't change regardless of where you play it unless you aren't playing competitive ball at all.

And the we'll see if it works sh*t like I said is a good way of copping out of my question.

To answer your question, Rose hasn't made anyone's stats dramatically better. But like everyone else said and you seem to keep ignoring, it doesn't matter when his stats improve and he helps the Bulls reach a much higher level of success.

i answered your ? as plain as can be

or incremently betta.
this is their 1st successful season wit rose,and u can easily make tha argument that thibbs,brewer,korver,boozer hav as much to do wit that then he does.aint no "i" in team.and if he was able to dramatically increase his teammaes stats,u would be a serious threat for a ring,every year he is in tha league
 7 years ago '05        #154
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

i answered your ? as plain as can be

or incremently betta.
this is their 1st successful season wit rose,and u can easily make tha argument that thibbs,brewer,korver,boozer hav as much to do wit that then he does.aint no "i" in team.and if he was able to dramatically increase his teammaes stats,u would be a serious threat for a ring,every year he is in tha league
Thibs like I said does have about as much to do with it as he does. As well as his teammates on the defensive side of the ball. But Rose is able to do so much on the offensive side of the ball..dude gets to the line as much as anyone in the league.

Rose is working with what he has. There isn't a coach in the league that's gonna get on Rose for taking shots instead of passing the ball to Brewer. Rose's best ability is getting to the basket..so why not use that? Rose opens up the whole offense by driving to the hoop and kicking or getting to the line..that's his game. He doesn't need anything else in his game because the Bulls are the first in the league and Rose is the league's MVP. As long as Rose continues to do that and our defense stays in tact..we're going to compete for years.

Btw..if you really wanna play this game..who has Fisher made better? Has Fisher made the Lakers successful by making his teammates better? Or has he simply managed the offense in a way that works for the Lakers? That's what Rose does too.

Last edited by Switchc2390; 05-07-2011 at 05:29 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #155
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,899 | Props total: 1212 1212
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
this whole thread is gay beyond gay bulls have the best record in the league

and u guys talking about who did he make better??? give me a break u f*gs are hopeless

wtf is wrong with most of u like seriously u just wanna whine about something ic .

this is worst then any stan sh*t could ever do.
3-0.

u maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
 7 years ago '08        #156
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

Once again showing why you're the dumbest n*gga on bx. Do you realize that not since Isiah Thomas has a PG avg 8+ ast won a championship! So how well does that work?

And making a team better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ma king a player better
 7 years ago '07        #157
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
Thibs like I said does have about as much to do with it as he does. As well as his teammates on the defensive side of the ball. But Rose is able to do so much on the offensive side of the ball..dude gets to the line as much as anyone in the league.

Rose is working with what he has. There isn't a coach in the league that's gonna get on Rose for taking shots instead of passing the ball to Brewer. Rose's best ability is getting to the basket..so why not use that? Rose opens up the whole offense by driving to the hoop and kicking or getting to the line..that's his game. He doesn't need anything else in his game because the Bulls are the first in the league and Rose is the league's MVP. As long as Rose continues to do that and our defense stays in tact..we're going to compete for years.

Btw..if you really wanna play this game..who has Fisher made better? Has Fisher made the Lakers successful by making his teammates better? Or has he simply managed the offense in a way that works for the Lakers? That's what Rose does too.
rose went to tha line a ton in tha indy series cause it woulda been very embarrassin if tha mvp went home in tha 1st round

rose isnt workin wit what he has.if he did,chi mighta won 70 games and wouldnt have needed korver and some refs to save them.he needs to learn how to play witout tha ball

mvp doesnt mean anything.its been a joke since nash won.even stern said it doesnt mean sh*t.writers pick guys to create a story.there hasnt been 1 mention of dirks historic season at all

who has fisher made betta???everybody who steps on tha court wit.he spaces tha court for big guys cause u cant leave him open,takes a ton of pressure off kobe.fisher is tha type of guy u need to win rings

and at no point in time has fisher eva been considered tha best pg in tha league
 7 years ago '06        #158
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Rose won the MVP, I admit I didn't give him a chance to even be a candidate. I just thought that he'd put up numbers but the Bulls wouldn't be a top 3 team recordwise in the league, and the MVP is usually from the league's best team. I don't hate Rose, never have, but his groupies make it hard to praise him. All bullsh*t aside though, scoring PG's don't win titles. Billups and Parker got finals MVPs but they weren't score-first point guards, they were floor generals who could score when needed. Rose is gonna have to go up against either the Heat or the Celtics, both teams are going to give the Bulls big problems because Rose will be allowed to get his points, but the rest of the team will get locked down.

The Bulls do have the best record in the east though, so that allows them to play against the Pacers and the bum Hawks while the Celtics and Heat are in a heavyweight match. Thibs knew that going into the year and I'm sure he is patting himself in the back. I mean they have to beat Indiana and the Hawks to go to the ECF? That really ain't what I'd call the toughest path.
 7 years ago '07        #159
space
space
 PEK said:
Once again showing why you're the dumbest n*gga on bx. Do you realize that not since Isiah Thomas has a PG avg 8+ ast won a championship! So how well does that work?

And making a team better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ma king a player better
so i guess guys like avery johnson and fisher aint real p.g's cause they didnt average 8 a.ssists

u dont need to average a ton of a.ssists to be a true p.g smart guy
 7 years ago '08        #160
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
so i guess guys like avery johnson and fisher aint real p.g's cause they didnt average 8 a.ssists

u dont need to average a ton of a.ssists to be a true p.g smart guy
And avg 25ppg dont mean you're not a PG smart guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy