Was PSN Hack an Inside Job? Sony Fired Hundreds of Online Employees Just Days Before PSN Attack!

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-05-2011, 12:13 AM         #1
6434 pageviews
45 comments

WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Was PSN Hack an Inside Job? Sony Fired Hundreds of Online Employees Just Days Before PSN Attack!

Was PSN Hack an Inside Job?

May 02, 2011 - 12:37 PM - by The Central Scrutinizer

Sony Fired Hundreds of Online Employees Just Days Before PSN Attack!

Thanks to ***-Scene for the drop (yes its from a hacker site thats why i censored it, duh #winning)

[video - click to view]

Just days before PSN was "hacked," Sony fired over 200 employees in their online division.

In Sony massive corporation style thinking, once March 31th, 2011 rolls around they decide to get rid of any "dead-weight", in this case, employees they think are "useless" or no longer needed so they can close off the "year-end books" with various "claimed losts" to save corporation taxes, just like any big massive corporation thinks, only for themselves and their "bottom line", not for the little human beings slaving away everyday for their profits.

Like all layoffs that are hard to swallow, this case was a big one, one 1/3 of the staff that worked in the ONLINE division, in all over 200 employees were given their sad "pink slip" 2 week notice, which means they had to work right up until the very dates that Sony had to shutdown the PSN network!

Even tho Sony rented servers from AT&T data center, being the "unmanaged" type, any Sony employee in the SOE dept. would be able to gain access showing their "photo id" badge to do maintenance work on the servers, if they needed more then just "whitelisted" remote server access from their office.

Today, Sony again announce that all the user account "passwords" were "hashed" on their blog, but any key online employee that was layoff could very well have easy access to the needed cryptographic hash function information in regard to any encryption that might have been used on the servers, including CC access for billing and accounting.

Quote:

Sony Online Entertainment Slashes Hundreds of Jobs, Shutters Three Studios

8:57 PM 3/31/2011 by John Gaudiosi

Sony Online Entertainment has closed three of its game studios and laid off 205 workers as part of a massive restructuring.

All possible steps are being taken to ensure team members affected by the transition are treated with appropriate concern."

"SOE will transition development efforts for the Denver and Tucson studios' suite of products to its San Diego headquarters in order to better position SOE to remain a global leader in online gaming and deliver on its promise of creating entertaining games for players of all ages and servicing the 20 million players that visited SOE servers in just the past year," the company said.

Quote:

Sony Online Cuts Staff By a Third

April 15, 2011, 12:08:32 PM By Rick DeMott

Sony Online Entertainment has laid off a third of its staff, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The move means 205 employees will lose their jobs and the company will shut down offices in Denver, Tucson and Seattle.

Quote:

Wikipedia History Timeline on SOE

On March 31, 2011, SOE has confirmed that "it will eliminate 205 positions and close its Denver, Seattle and Tucson studios." Production of The Agency has also been discontinued.

On April 27, 2011, Sony, the parent company of SOE, released statements regarding an intrusion, on or about April 18th, into the PlayStation Network, and the potential theft of up to 77 Million subscribers personal data. Sony maintains that PSN and SOE are hosted and run on completely separate subsystems and that the PlayStation Network intrusion had no major affect on SOE's online services.

On May 2, 2011, SOE completely interrupted their online services. Over the previous month several intrusions of PSN have caused the developers to post messages of concern and apology, but also a.ssurances the SOE servers and systems were not compromised. This most recent development has shut the service down entirely with the message: "We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday)."

Even tho some of these employees were in working in remote offices, they could have easy had whitelisted server access to the San Diego HQ to do their daily work, it just seems very strange that suddenly both networks go down after a massive layoff of KEY ONLINE SONY EMPLOYEES when they have to work knowing it is their last days on the job being a lowly paid slave to evil corporation.

sources

[pic - click to view]

Sony Online Entertainment Slashes Hundreds of Jobs, Shutters Three Studios - The Hollywood Reporter

[pic - click to view]

Sony Games Fires 1/3 Staff

[pic - click to view]

We Are Legion.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-05-2011 at 01:38 AM..

45 comments for "Was PSN Hack an Inside Job? Sony Fired Hundreds of Online Employees Just Days Before PSN Attack!"

7 years ago '04        #2
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285

[pic - click to view]

Each day it's something else
 7 years ago '06        #3
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 731 731
 7 years ago '07        #4
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
same news over and over again
 7 years ago '04        #5
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3138 3138
paranoid...
 7 years ago '04        #6
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,300 | Props total: 68 68
Can someone turn on the switch fuucccckkkkkkkkkkk.
 7 years ago '07        #7
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW

A developer using the name Geoffrey Levand, has released a dual booting Custom Firmware, what this will let us do, is boot between GameOS and OtherOS, below is a quote from the source:[quote] [CENTER][URL="http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/05/ps3-dual-boot-gameoslinux-cfw/linux-for-ps3-300x275/"][IMG]http:... [Read More]

Read more: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=22640#ixzz1LSjMSGNq
 7 years ago '04        #8
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
I absolutely think it was an inside job. Sony admitted to being hit by an sql injection via a vulnerability in the application server. Based on the security scheme they say they had, only someone with inside knowledge of their system would be able to circumvent it to expose the vulnerability, IMO. Besides, most security breaches and attacks come from former employees. This was more than a DDoS...
 7 years ago '07        #9
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,639 | Props total: 16731 16731
Thisis like reading some bad book....
 7 years ago '05        #10
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,062 | Props total: 10743 10743
I'm saying... if your whole network crumbled because of a SQL injection, wouldn't you fire them too?

We are legion.

Anonymous >>>>>
 7 years ago '05        #11
Gabriel 
space
space
space
$953 | Props total: 31 31
Idc who did it or why it was done... I just want my psn back
 7 years ago '04        #12
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,852 | Props total: 1993 1993
Maybe obama can look into this, find em, arrest them, tell us all are info is now safe, but never release their names, or photos of the arrested people involved
 7 years ago '05        #13
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,062 | Props total: 10743 10743
 D. Norman said:
Maybe obama can look into this, find em, arrest them, tell us all are info is now safe, but never release their names, or photos of the arrested people involved
 7 years ago '12        #14
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
Wouldnt really be an inside job if they no longer worked for Sony now would it genius?
 05-05-2011, 10:23 AM         #15
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x-milky said:
Damn. I'm wondering if should sell my playstation ,and go ahead and invest in an xbox. I keep waiting for some good news and it seems the rabbit hole is just getting deeper and deeper.
If your strapped for cash I'd just trade in some games or something and get a used 360 to tide you over. Your not going to get good value for your ps3 and you'll be kicking yourself for selling it later this year when Uncharted 3 comes out.
 7 years ago '04        #16
dank 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 838 838
 x-milky said:
Damn. I'm wondering if should sell my playstation ,and go ahead and invest in an xbox.

i did a few days ago....
 7 years ago '08        #17
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,736 | Props total: 12164 12164
Damn this sh*t still aint back working......I stopped playing my PS3 a month b4 the sh*t went down...was giving too many of my hours to COD. I haven't turned my sh*t on in close to 2 months....might be a blessing in diguise for me all I know is it better be working by the time NCAA Football is released
 7 years ago '06        #18
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Makes sense.

Pissed off SOE employee framing Anon after getting fired. Nobody else has access to the database the way a Sony employee does. And let's face it, whether the service is free or not I don't think an outside hacker is really capable of figuring out the infrastructure to steal 77mill ID's at one time.

Nobody that I've heard of has stolen that many ID's at one time from one place, especially a multi-billion dollar corporation. 77million seems more like revenge than an actual joke.
 7 years ago '04        #19
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,940 | Props total: 3138 3138
 KSoraci7 said:
Makes sense.

Pissed off SOE employee framing Anon after getting fired. Nobody else has access to the database the way a Sony employee does. And let's face it, whether the service is free or not I don't think an outside hacker is really capable of figuring out the infrastructure to steal 77mill ID's at one time.

Nobody that I've heard of has stolen that many ID's at one time from one place, especially a multi-billion dollar corporation. 77million seems more like revenge than an actual joke.
Your on to something young padawan...
 7 years ago '04        #20
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 jhj26 said:
same news over and over again
This is not the same thing.....I swear yall Bx cats do not read!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago