Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '04        #41
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Dat n*gga87 said:
Looking at that last video, Im glad boxing has structure now. Dude got knocked down 7+ times in one round and it was still going. The ref never checked dude to make sure he was ok after he got up.
I know i thought dude was gonna die at the ring....
 7 years ago '08        #42
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 686 686
 TanstA! said:
How about Ray Mancinis beating to Duk Koo Kim... that's a beating that literally k!lled a man.
it almost destroyed mancinis too! he still has guilt and almost never talks about it to this day. not to mention it changed the sport of boxing making all title f!ghts no more than 12 rounds.
 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM         #43
BIGBrandon2785 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 arthurmack27 said:
it almost destroyed mancinis too! he still has guilt and almost never talks about it to this day. not to mention it changed the sport of boxing making all title f!ghts no more than 12 rounds.
Kim's mother and the ref both commited suicide after the f!ght
 7 years ago '04        #44
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 SpikeSpiegel88 said:
At the end of the Resto f!ght, you can hear Collins' father yelling that Resto's gloves had no padding. He literally ruined that dude's life. Collins was a fu*kin warrior, he basically got hit with rocks for 10 rounds and didn't quit.
Just read up on this, dude damn near LITERALLY got hit with rocks

Luis Resto Admits To One of Boxing's Most Horrible Crimes
Comments (32)
by Stop Mike Lupica on April 4 at 1:55PM

Update time on a story we first wrote about last year in this post about the 25 year anniversary of one of boxing's most tragic and brutal stories.

If you don't know the story of the Luis Resto-Billy Collins, Jr. f!ght that took place June 16, 1983, here's the back story:

The two middleweights fought a 10-round f!ght at Madison Square Garden. Billy Collins was a 21-year old rising star; he was 14-0 (with 11 KOs), featured as an ESPN champion, and looked like a legitimate contender. He was trained by his father, Billy Collins Sr, from a young age to be a boxer. Luis Resto was a 28 year old Puerto Rican often described as a journeyman. His record was 20-8-2. He had a grand total of 8 KOs in his career, and was generally considered a light puncher.

Billy Collins was a big favorite to win the f!ght. They fought for the full 10 rounds, trading punches.

It has been reported that in between rounds, Billy told his father and the rest of his corner that when Resto hit him "it felt like he was hitting me with a brick". Billy Sr. asked him if they should stop the f!ght. "No", said Billy Jr., and the f!ght continued for the entire 10 rounds.

By the end of the 10th, Billy's face was messed up badly. He had huge welts around both eyes, which were blackened by the force of Resto's punches. The decision was obviously unanimous in favor of Resto. As Resto was shaking hands with Billy's corner (as is the standard in boxing), Collins Sr. noticed something was wrong with Resto's gloves. He claimed he felt nothing by knuckles, and that the padding in Resto's gloves was missing. He complained immediately to the ring officials, who grabbed Resto's gloves after the f!ght and investigate the claim.

The TV footage captured the moment: Collins Sr. starts yelling almost immediately after the hand shake... "Hey! All of the padding is out... it's all out! Commissioner, commissioner...there's no damn padding."

After a brief investigation, the New York State Police Laboratory report's conclusion was that Resto's gloves were tampered with by Panama Lewis, Resto's trainer; he was charged with cutting a 3/4 of an inch hole in them, and removing the padding so that Resto was hitting Collins with his bare knuckles. In other words, the protection that gloves are suppose to give was not there.

"We have scientific proof that the gloves were tampered with", said Jack Prenderville of the NY Athletic Commission, at the time.

Collins Jr. was severely injured by the f!ght. He had permanent eye damage in his left iris, which was teared. Permanently blurred vision. His promising boxing career was finished, done.

Less than a year after the f!ght at MSG, Billy Collins Jr. was DUI when his car crashed off the road and landed in a river, k!lling him. Was it a suicide, or just a plain old DUI? It doesn't matter, really. He was dead at 22. Billy Collins Sr. still holds Resto and Panama responsible.

"You don't think Resto knew he didn't have padding in the gloves. You don't think Panama Lewis took it out? I've had 15 years to think about it, and I know - I know - they did it."

Luis Resto had denied that numerous times over the past quarter century. But, according to this report in today's Daily News:

"Resto added another heinous chapter to that sad story on Thursday when he admitted that Lewis also put plaster on the tape over his knuckles, encasing his fists in a cast inside of the gloves with the pad removed."

Resto said he made the admission because he wanted to unburden himself. "Yes, I feel better," he said when asked if he was glad he finally told the truth.

It's a sad story in boxing history. Panama Lewis is still allowed to train boxers, though he hasn't trained anyone major since the 80's, with the exception of being an "training advisor" to Mike Tyson before his f!ght with Lennox Lewis.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy