Tyler The Creator - Goblin Official Album Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM         #281
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks for actually puttin time n effort in an album tyler....not jus puttin a bunch of songs together...
 7 years ago '05        #282
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,833 | Props total: 4102 4102
 rafi said:
so you'd prefer beats with "basic" rhythms? cool. some of us don't.

also, how is he talking about the same things he's talking about in bastard? about half of the subject matter goblin is his commentary on critics.... which didn't exist on bastard.
A lyric from "Bastard"

"No, I'm not no f*cking hipster, mister...
No, I'm not no f*cking kid cudi, all my f*cking fans love me"

Not a critique on critics????

Sure. I didn't say I prefer "basic rhythm"... I'm saying there IS NO RHYTHM to these beats whatsoever. Think about it. I played this with some of my boys yesterday, and my friends are HUGE Odd Future fans, they just couldn't get into it because the beats are LACKING...
 7 years ago '04        #283
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
 Slickems said:
these excuses are unbelievable

So we're now praising off-key music because it's "unique"?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #284
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
i'm glad hipsters cant fu*k with this album maybe they'll get off OF d!ck and find some other new trendy music to listen to ironically
 7 years ago '04        #285
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2828 2828
 DaOmega_1 said:
My thoughts on Goblin.

This album is a big... monumental... enormous failure.

What struck me is just how unbelievably terrible the beats are. F*ck. They are UNLISTENABLE. What happened to the dope beats that were on "Bastard"? Not only are they lacking in basic rhythm, but they seem so weirdly repetitive, and almost atonal (a big no-no in hip hop), that it borders on sh*tty avant garde from pretentious artists. There is not a single beat (aside from Yonkers) that works. All of them SUCK. They SUCK. Gimme the repetitiveness of Lex Luger OR the crap beats Lil B raps to... I'd rather listen to those turd than listen to ANY of these beats again.

Besides the beats being some of the absolute worst I've heard on any mainstream album in 10 years, the lyrics don't help matters when it is clear that Tyler doesn't have anything else to talk about except for what he's already been talking about. To hear him talk about the same things he's been talking about since Bastard is unbelievably tedious, and actually makes "Bastard" retroactively worst as a result.

Every song (aside from Yonkers) plays like it's 3 minutes too long, and if they're not, it certainly feels like it does. It's like Tyler suddenly forgot how to makle good music after "Bastard". Or maybe he needs a little more guidance. The truth is that Tyler has so much talent, and insane potential to do great things with his music. The guy can spit, the guy can produce. None of this... NONE of this is evident through this album.

It's absolutely one of the worst albums I've heard in a long long time, and it wouldn't be too soon before I suffer through listening to it again.

Score: 1.0 (out of 10)

lol@ this sh*t. . .Yonkers and Sandwitches alone make this album better than a 1/10. . .and if you didnt like those, you prolly shouldnt have had high hopes for this album anyway. Im thinking you just trying to stand out somehow by throwing the shock rating out there

now as to the rest of the album, its about half dope and half so-so. . .Nightmares, Golden, Her, Fish, She are all going in the Best of OFWGKTA playlist, but i prolly wont bump sh*t like transylvania and bi*ch suck d!ck tho
 7 years ago '05        #286
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25076 25076
 abstractq said:
but i prolly wont bump sh*t like transylvania and bi*ch suck d!ck tho
...Why Not? I Like Those Two Tracks Too......Play That Live and n*ggas Going Insane. Now Those Tracks Will Get Whip Play....:dancingcool:

By The Way....We Do Punch bi*ches.
 7 years ago '10        #287
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,493 | Props total: 9785 9785
I can grab the fireworks, a soda,or the cookies,we could eat,make you nauseous but be cautious this not dawsons creek
 7 years ago '05        #288
space
space
 abstractq said:
lol@ this sh*t. . .Yonkers and Sandwitches alone make this album better than a 1/10. . .and if you didnt like those, you prolly shouldnt have had high hopes for this album anyway. Im thinking you just trying to stand out somehow by throwing the shock rating out there

now as to the rest of the album, its about half dope and half so-so. . .Nightmares, Golden, Her, Fish, She are all going in the Best of OFWGKTA playlist, but i prolly wont bump sh*t like transylvania and bi*ch suck d!ck tho
One good song (Yonkers) is not enough to make me change my mind about an entire album.... If I wanna listen to that song, I'll listen to that song, not that album.

Shock rating? What the f*ck do I look like? Armond White? No. When an album is crap, an album is crap. And, this just happens to be one of those crap albums. No attempt to stand out. I could give a f*ck if my opinions are validated on this site since the opinions of people in the hip-hop spot on boxden are historically known for being ill-informed.
 7 years ago '04        #289
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
One good song (Yonkers) is not enough to make me change my mind about an entire album.... If I wanna listen to that song, I'll listen to that song, not that album.

Shock rating? What the f*ck do I look like? Armond White? No. When an album is crap, an album is crap. And, this just happens to be one of those crap albums. No attempt to stand out. I could give a f*ck if my opinions are validated on this site since the opinions of people in the hip-hop spot on boxden are historically known for being ill-informed.
lol. . .n*gga i dont dont know you from any other dude on this site. Right now you just kinda look stupid for not being able to count to 2 at the least

and for somebody that dont care if your opinion you sure are going hard to defend it. . .
 7 years ago '05        #290
space
space
 abstractq said:
lol. . .n*gga i dont dont know you from any other dude on this site. Right now you just kinda look stupid for not being able to count to 2 at the least

and for somebody that dont care if your opinion you sure are going hard to defend it. . .
Lame boxden response number 673: "for someone who doesn't blah blah, you certainly blah blah blah".

I like Yonkers. I'm not gonna up my score because of one song.
 7 years ago '10        #291
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20855 20855
I'm in shock that Omega really thinks that way about the beats & about the album period. Honestly Tyler really went in on his artistic mode & I think it was dope how he was focused more of a artist than as a rapper.

Take for example Goblin, like Shakezula714 said if you listen to Inglorious then listen to Goblin right after, it flows beautifully. And that's the song from his last album if people are wondering. The chords & progressions are just..... They sound great for some emo nerd 19 yr old :rolleyes: From Analog to bi*ch suck d!ck to Radicals (which right now is my theme song ) to She, the beats goes right along with the story & that's what Tyler was trying to do this whole time.

He wasn't putting songs together just to put songs on a album, he wasn't rapping about raping bi*ches & having threesomes with pregnant bi*ches just for the fu*k of it, it's a story just listen. That's why I feel this sh*t is a classic, might be pre-mature but already I've listened to this more than I did with Bastard when I first heard it & Bastard is just crazy nice.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 05-05-2011 at 05:47 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #292
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
Good to see you putting in work analyzing boxden responses like that. . .

its whatever tho. . .end of the day it makes no difference if you "up your score" or not. I just found it funny that a n*gga went out of his way to write up an elaborate review just to give an album the worst score imaginable when there was already like 3 songs from the album out. Seems like a cry for attention

btw. . .XL recordings is not a mainstream album
 7 years ago '10        #293
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I'm in shock that Omega really thinks that way about the beats. Honestly Tyler really went in on his artistic mode, & that it was dope how he was focused more of a artist than as a rapper.

Take for example Goblin, like Shakezula714 said if you listen to Inglorious then listen to Goblin right after, it flows beautifully. And that's the song from his last album if people are wondering. The chords & progressions are just..... They sound great for some emo nerd 19 yr old :rolleyes: From Analog to bi*ch suck d!ck to Radicals (which right now is my theme song ) to She, the beats goes right along with the story & that's what Tyler was trying to do this whole time.

He wasn't putting songs together just to put songs on a album, he wasn't rapping about raping bi*ches & having threesomes with pregnant bi*ches just for the fu*k of it, it's a story just listen. That's why I feel this sh*t is a classic, might be pre-mature but already I've listened to this more than I did with Bastard when I first heard it & Bastard is just crazy nice.
I love Radicals....it like plays with my emotions..the drop is just....beautiful
 05-05-2011, 05:47 PM         #294
253xLonghair3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
garbage....

im 24 maybe thats why...and im from a very poor part of town
radical go against the society by doing a different type of negative things is lame as hell

albums garbage
 7 years ago '05        #295
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I'm in shock that Omega really thinks that way about the beats & about the album period. Honestly Tyler really went in on his artistic mode & I think it was dope how he was focused more of a artist than as a rapper.

I can respect your opinion. Maybe it's just not for me, and maybe I just can't get with the artistic direction he's heading, because I really f*cking loathe this album. Not to knock anybody that likes it.
 7 years ago '05        #296
space
space
 abstractq said:
Good to see you putting in work analyzing boxden responses like that. . .

its whatever tho. . .end of the day it makes no difference if you "up your score" or not. I just found it funny that a n*gga went out of his way to write up an elaborate review just to give an album the worst score imaginable when there was already like 3 songs from the album out. Seems like a cry for attention

btw. . .XL recordings is not a mainstream album
The only one I heard was Yonkers, which I really liked. After that, I haven't heard anything else from it until I listened to the album. You can see it as a cry for attention for all I care. I had an opinion. I wanted to share it. You're the one making my review (which is pretty basic) seem more elaborate than it actually is.

As for XL not being a mainstream label, Tyler's label mate Adele just had her 6th week at Number 1 on the billboard charts. XL hasn't been indie for a long long time, my friend.
 7 years ago '10        #297
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20855 20855
 DaOmega_1 said:
I can respect your opinion. Maybe it's just not for me, and maybe I just can't get with the artistic direction he's heading, because I really f*cking loathe this album. Not to knock anybody that likes it.
I can dig it bruh. At least you gave it a chance but at the end of the day it's your view on it. props man :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #298
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
XL recordings = British independent label

it has some commercial acts and some underground acts. . .but their hip-hop is not mainstream

Cool Kids is also on that label

smarten up. . .
 7 years ago '10        #299
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 253xLonghair3 said:
garbage....

im 24 maybe thats why...and im from a very poor part of town
radical go against the society by doing a different type of negative things is lame as hell

albums garbage
I'm not saying just to go out and do some stupid sh*t, commit crimes. What I am trying to tell you is do what the fu*k you want, stand for wtf you believe in and dont let nobody tell you you cant do wtf you want I'm a fu*king unicorn and fu*k anybody who says I'm not...Wolf....Gang
 7 years ago '04        #300
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6423 6423
 abstractq said:
XL recordings = British independent label

it has some commercial acts and some underground acts. . .but their hip-hop is not mainstream

Cool Kids is also on that label

smarten up. . .
the cool kid's music has also been in video games and commercials so that might not be the best comparison
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now