May 2 - Osama Bin Laden Has Already Been Buried At Sea

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
11267 pageviews
173 comments

Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
May 2 - Osama Bin Laden Has Already Been Buried At Sea

[pic - click to view]

Osama bin Laden, the longtime leader of al Qaeda, was k!lled by U.S. forces in a mansion outside of Islamabad, Pakistan.

Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of the worst terrorist attacks on American soil, is dead, officials said -- almost 10 years after the attacks that k!lled about 3,000 people.

The founder and leader of al Qaeda was k!lled by U.S. forces Sunday in a mansion in Abbottabad, north of the Pakistani capital of Islamabad, along with other family members, a senior U.S. official told CNN.

In an address to the nation Sunday night, U.S. President Barack Obama called bin Laden's death "the most significant achievement to date in our nation's effort to defeat al Qaeda."

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan," Obama said. "A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firef!ght, they k!lled Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."

A congressional source familiar with the operation confirmed that bin Laden was shot in the head.

A U.S. official told CNN that bin Laden was buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate.

Hundreds reveled through the night, chanting "USA! USA!" Others chanted "Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!" in reference to the demise of bin Laden. Many also spontaneously sang the national anthem.

In New York, a cheering crowd gathered at ground zero -- the site where the twin towers of the World Trade Center once stood. Strains of "God Bless America" could be heard intermittently trickling through the crowd.

One former New York firef!ghter -- forced to retire due to lung ailments suffered as a result of the dust from ground zero -- said he was there to let the 343 firef!ghters who died in the attacks know "they didn't die in vain."

"It's a war that I feel we just won," he said. "I'm down here to let them know that justice has been served."

Bob Gibson, a retired New York police officer, said the news of bin Laden's death gave him a sense of "closure."

"I never thought this night would come, that we would capture or k!ll bin Laden," he said. "And thank the Lord he has been eliminated."

The news also brought some relief to family members of those k!lled on 9/11.

"This is important news for us, and for the world," Gordon Felt, president of Families of Flight 93, said in a statement. "It cannot ease our pain, or bring back our loved ones. It does bring a measure of comfort that the mastermind of the September 11th tragedy and the face of global terror can no longer spread his evil."

Bin Laden eluded capture for years, once reportedly slipping out of a training camp in Afghanistan just hours before a barrage of U.S. cruise missiles destroyed it.

He had been implicated in a series of deadly, high-profile attacks that had grown in their intensity and success during the 1990s. They included a deadly firef!ght with U.S. soldiers in Somalia in October 1993, the bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa that k!lled 224 in August 1998, and an attack on the USS Cole that k!lled 17 sailors in October 2000.

In his speech, Obama reiterated that the United States is not f!ghting Islam.

"I've made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims," Obama said.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, released a statement Monday morning welcoming the death of bin Laden.

"As we have stated repeatedly since the 9/11 terror attacks, bin Laden never represented Muslims or Islam. In fact, in addition to the k!lling of thousands of Americans, he and al Qaeda caused the deaths of countless Muslims worldwide," the statement said.

While the death of bin Laden "is a significant victory," the war on terrorism is not over, said Frances Fragos Townsend, former Homeland Security advisor to President George W. Bush.

"We've been f!ghting these fractured cells. We've seen the U.S. government, military and intelligence officials deployed around the world," Townsend said. "By no means are these other cells nearly as dangerous as he is, but we will continue to have to f!ght in chaotic places."

U.S. diplomatic facilities around the world were placed on high alert following the announcement of bin Laden's death, a senior U.S. official said, and the U.S. State Department issued a "worldwide caution" for Americans.

The travel alert warned of the "enhanced potential for anti-American violence given recent counter-terrorism activity in Pakistan." Some fear al Qaeda supporters may try to retaliate against U.S. citizens or U.S. institutions.

But for now, many Americans were soaking up the historic moment.

"It's what the world needed," said Dustin Swensson, who recently served in Iraq and joined the revelers outside the White House. "(I'll) always remember where I was when the towers went down, and I'm always going to remember where I am now."
Source:
[pic - click to view]

U.S. forces k!ll elusive terror figure Osama bin Laden in Pakistan - CNN.com

173 comments for "May 2 - Osama Bin Laden Has Already Been Buried At Sea"

05-02-2011, 02:54 AM         #2
stripes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Officials said the last thing they wanted is for bin Laden's burial place to become a terrorist shrine. In order to avoid that, his body was laid to rest at sea, leaving no definitive location for the final resting place of his body.
The al Qaeda leader was k!lled by U.S. forces Sunday in Pakistan.

Prior to bin Laden's burial, a senior administration official told ABC News, "We are ensuring [the body] is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition. It's something we take seriously and therefore it's being handled in an appropriate manner.?"

Under Islamic tradition, the body is to be washed by Muslim men and buried as soon as possible, usually by the next prayer -- Muslims pray five times a day -- although there may be delays under certain circumstances. The body is usually buried in a simple white sheet, whether buried in the ground or at sea.
Seems reasonable to me id you expect to see him dead in a chair on national tv or something?
 05-02-2011, 02:54 AM         #3
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall need to pay attention to my posts, im always on the money
 7 years ago '05        #4
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 stripes said:
Seems reasonable to me id you expect to see him dead in a chair on national tv or something?
Why so quickly and without proof of the body?
 7 years ago '07        #5
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
They should have brought his body back to America so i could take a p!ss on it
 05-02-2011, 03:00 AM         #6
stripes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^
 7 years ago '05        #7
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 Y.G. said:
Source:
what is there to hide? ... u want use to carry around his dead body or something? .. as long as they know it was him and he is dead lets move on geez. U People
 05-02-2011, 03:03 AM         #8
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with the thread starter...:hmm:
 05-02-2011, 03:11 AM         #9
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NomiS said:
what is there to hide? ... u want use to carry around his dead body or something? .. as long as they know it was him and he is dead lets move on geez. U People
Why wouldn't you want proof? Do you just take everybody's word as fact always? That's silly.
 7 years ago '06        #10
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
 stripes said:
they showed saddams sons dead live on tv, why not him?
 05-02-2011, 03:16 AM         #11
stripes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 NomiS said:
How do we know it was truly him? What's the rush? This is not normal.

[video - click to view]

@ 2:10

It just seems strange that Benzair Bhutto would mention Osama Bin Laden being (allegedly) murdered in passing like that. 4 years later, we (allegedly) k!ll him and rush to bury the body.
 7 years ago '10        #13
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,710 | Props total: 11198 11198

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #14
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4834 4834
 Da Bawse n*gga said:

[pic - click to view]

That's gotta be the worse photoshop I've seen in a good minute......
 7 years ago '04        #15
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
I'm wondering why they did it so soon? How convenient of them to say we buried the body at sea so yall can't verify anything. This is gonna open up alot of conspiracy theories.
 05-02-2011, 03:28 AM         #16
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
How do we know it was truly him? What's the rush? This is not normal.

@ 2:10

It just seems strange that Benzair Bhutto would mention Osama Bin Laden being (allegedly) murdered in passing like that. 4 years later, we (allegedly) k!ll him and rush to bury the body.
If osama has been dead that long then god damn they threw bush under the bus and then ran his a.ss over.
 05-02-2011, 03:30 AM         #17
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thisisgame said:
I'm wondering why they did it so soon? How convenient of them to say we buried the body at sea so yall can't verify anything. This is gonna open up alot of conspiracy theories.
I believe in islam you're supposed to bury the body asap.
 05-02-2011, 03:31 AM         #18
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
I believe in islam you're supposed to bury the body asap.
True but it could wait a day. I've never heard of somebody being buried the same day they were pronounced dead, even in islam
 7 years ago '08        #19
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4834 4834
 thisisgame said:
And what exactly are WE as American citizens gonna verify it? B/c there will then be a section of the population that will just say its a double. They k!lled him last week, and got DNA confirmation from Pakistan, not sure how parading a dead Muslim will help our relations to the Muslim world
 05-02-2011, 03:35 AM         #20
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Satire said:
True but it could wait a day. I've never heard of somebody being buried the same day they were pronounced dead, even in islam
If it's asap then it's asap I think all they have to do is dig a hole and make sure he facing towards mecca, you can do that sh*t in 30 minutes. It's not like they have to gather his family for a funeral or anything.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy