Q explaining tha history of worldstarhiphop site (2010)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in Ďgrisly maulingí
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-01-2011, 01:01 PM         #1
7789 pageviews
3 comments

5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q explaining tha history of worldstarhiphop site (2010)

[pic - click to view]

So youíre familiar with the Hip Hop siteWorldStarHipHop we are sure. However, did you ever stop to wonder who founded and owns the project? Check out this Hip Hop interview with WorldStarHipHop on-line founder ďQ,Ē aka the Talent breaker. From being homeless to the CL550 and flights to Cabo, this is an entrepreneur with a great story. The power of determination.

Hip Hop Interview Question :
Starting of Q., what is your background? How old are you and where are you from?
Q., founder of WorldStarHipHop

Yo whatís up, this is Q. . . Iím from Queens, New York.

When did you start World Star Hip hop?

Started in 2005 as a branch of my original site started in 2001. I was one of the first cats to launch a hip-hop mixtapes website then. One of the first 3 I think it was back then.
That first site was the official DJ Whoo Kid hip-hop mixtapes website. It was NYCphatmixtapes.com

Speaking of your Hip Hop connections. What is your relation to DJ Whoo Kid, 50 Cent, and the G-Unit music camp?

Well I hit up Whoo Kid in 1999 to see if I could help him out. He was getting a little buzz in New York and I was living in Baltimore then, so I said let me help you out. Whoo Kid gave me about 20 units to sell and make some money.
It was a murder Mixtape part 3, which was released after he first met 50 Cent. So I became part of that whole mixtape movement and I helped push Whoo Kid, 50 Cent, and G-Unit mixtapes from 1999 until 2006 or 2007.

Earlier you told me before the mixtape movement, you ended up homeless. How did that situation come about?

I was homeless in 2000. I got evicted with no rent. Trying to do my own busines, u know, I was slacking. Really focused on getting my own business plans and architecture togethor, the boss let me go.
That same week, my Unemployment check never came so i got evicted so I was like damn. I had nowhere to go and everybody turned their back on me. I ainít have much family or friends. Everything pretty much went like youíre on your own kid.

Did you goto school for web design or something? How did you begin all of this?

Nah, I was doing internet chatting and little web stuff since about 1996 or í97. WebTv, I was on that sh*t when it first came out. Yahoo and all that chatting and flyign to meet girls from all over the country. That had me like DAMN, this is Ill. Seeing how crazy things like this were, I knew it was the future.
So I kept reading business and entrepreneur magazines, just reading up on things. Thatís when I started NYCPhatMixtapes.com and began distributing Hip-Hop mixtapes. Eventually touring with 50 Cent and G-Unit, we stayed on the road and I wasnít home anymore. I was no longer going home to my housing projects and stopped shipping out mixtapes as I should have been.
At that point People were e-mailing me like Yo, whereís my order, itís been forever. Thatís when I realized I needed a way to get people a product without having to mail anything. Thatís when I thought of WorldStarHipHip, it was originally going to be a mixtape download site

Why did you call it WorldStarHipHop?

I traveled the world booking shows for DJ Vlad and DJ Whoo Kid. I travled the world and realized the world loved Hip-Hop. Everybody was going crazy for Hip-Hop, which had me like wow when I saw it. So then I thought of the idea we are stars in the world of Hip Hop.
SO then I started WorldStarHipHop and things jumped off. In 2005 and thatís the year it all began.

When did you realize World Star Hip Hop would be something major?

I Knew it in 2005, know what I mean? Iím something like the Russell Simmons of the internet for Urban and Hip Hop music. I was one of the first cats to come on-line. In 2001, I had a Hip Hop mixtape site. I was already ahead and i knew this was the future. After each site, like a hundred thousand people copied what I did trying to duplicate my vision.
After that, once WorldStarHipHop was launched I knew it would be ĎIt.í I just needed the right partner and right team to get me over that hump. So I was already thinkng outside the box and had celebrity nud3 pictures and s3x tapes, doing the wild side. I was doing Poker and everything. WorldStar was not your typical Hip Hop site. It was definitely more thinking outside the box. Things outside the box always grow faster than the average, the norm. I just didnt know when it would (blow up), so I just keep pushing and pushing.

Itís rumored around the industry that your website has gotten record deals for some artists. Are you aware of any?

Yeah, a lot of artists have been signed from the site. A lot of models have gotten famous from WorldStarHipHop too. The site is so big, people see you there and things take off. Itís just like being on tv; Any major network channel whether its BET, MTV, ABC, or whoever. If you are on the front of WorldStarHipHop today, boom, everybody knows who you are.
Everybody wants to be on WSHH because of that today. A lot of people blowing my phone off the hook. Models, rappers, and more. However, I changed the way I accept things and made it harder for new content to go up.
Itís crazy to me because people will hit me up like Iíll do anything to get on your site. However, I keep the business first and be picky of who comes up. I donít get credit for any of them after being featured so I am just picky of who I deal with. Rappers and models blow up and donít even credit us, so I just dont deal with everybody.
Thereís so many rappers that have broken out I canít even recount them all. I just see it as a blessing and Iím sure it will come back. Model names, Ms Natasha and Cubana Lust got huge from WorldStarHipHop.

Speaking on models, who are you talking about?

I wont mention any names. We throw up videos of them exercising and stretching and they blow up. People called her for interviews and music videos and she blew up. We canít say we did everything to get her where sheís at but we definitely helped a lot. We have power. Now that I know that, I am more picky with who I deal with.

Will there be any major changes coming to World Star Hip Hop in the future?

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of change in the future. Itís going to see a big update. WorldStarHipHop will still be hood rich. The site will just be tweaked up and polished. Itís going to be nice like a car with new rims. More side site features and worldstar names. I cant speak on it all but just stay tuned to WorldStarHipHOp.

Can we expect something like a WorldStarHipHop record label?

Yeah, itís going to be something like that. We are going to be working on signing some artists. A lot of the plans will be unfolding soon for WorldStarHipHop. As I said earlier, I am always thinking ahead but I do not tell it all.
The Randoms

Youíve got money nowÖ Whatís your favorite vacation spots? Youíre a boss, how are you doing it.

I love going to Cabo. Anywhere thatís a nice place to relax. A nice resort and none of the popular tourist places. None of the hotel sh*t. I like to go out on the beach, do some walking and be easy.

Whats the craziest thing that happened when you got money?

Awww man. Crazy stories, sh*t. So many of those man.
I wonít front, like 2 or 3 years ago when OíReily put one of my videos up, I was shook. When he said the FBI, CIA, or somebody needs to talk to this guy named Q., I went to my lawyers immediately.
I thought later though like he doesnít go after the owner of Youtube or nothing. I donít have nothing to do with the recording of these videos, I just post it. So then I just realized fu*k OíReily because he only comes after people that are doing big things. He knows how to get good headlines and use the people that follow him.

Whoís going to win the 2010 NBA Playoffs?

Awww man, I hope my man Lebron wins. Heís got to play for my New York Knicks next year. Iíve been a Knicks fan since í88. Itís timeÖ. Itís a disgrace watching them lose so many years. Itís New York and when have you heard of a major city having the worst team? I hope we get Lebron and Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh so we can take it (the championship).
But I got a lot of love for the Phoenix Suns too! Big ups to my man Amare Stoudermire. I rep for my new cityís team and real cool with Amare.
This year though, itís Lebron James and the Cavaliers.

One piece of advice for other entrepreneurs out there?

Keep your eyes on the prize.. on the dreamÖ You canít be afraid to take risks. No reward comes without risk. Take no risks and get no rewards. Dont be afraid even if nobody else belives in you. Dont even listen to family and friends. Do youÖ You have to make that ultimate sacrifice. Just hang in there and be spiritual. We all have to keep that third eye open.

Thanks for the interview Q. Really appreciate the time Bruh! Of course, thanks for the support and looking out as you can. Weíve had some issues in the past but I got to say, you are cool peoples once really known. Stay real and stay paid homie!

[pic - click to view]

WorldStarHipHop founder Q Talks About Being Homeless Before Hip Hop Videos Site : 804ENT.COM

3 comments for "Q explaining tha history of worldstarhiphop site (2010)"

7 years ago '08        #2
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1220 1220
good example of seeing the future

alwasy gotta be one step ahead..i know it seems hard nowadays..because it seems everything has been done..but theres so much more to be invented and new ideas
 7 years ago '08        #3
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
yea he good in seeing the future..

Who’s going to win the 2010 NBA Playoffs?

This year though, it’s Lebron James and the Cavaliers.

7 years ago '05        #4
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 697 697
 bkid said:
yea he good in seeing the future..

Whoís going to win the 2010 NBA Playoffs?

This year though, itís Lebron James and the Cavaliers.

Yea I stopped reading it right there too
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughterís boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy