Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA This slam KO I just witnessed (video)
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 3 years ago '05        #941
WestbankThugBoy 21 heat pts21
space
space
$12,126 | Props total: 1363 1363
 Cambury said:
stop with what someone "can" do. Show me who he has stopped.
I didn't say "stopped", I said "guard".

He can defend against all positions, whether he "stops" them or not is depending on what you consider that to be.
 3 years ago '11        #942
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
$19,155 | Props total: 2476 2476
 Impeccable said:
I'm screamin

That's basically calling Durant a top 5 player of all time without accomplishments

Durant has never been better than Bron. He's a better shooter and rebounder. That's all.

You think lebron is top 5 all time?
 3 years ago '11        #943
whothebestmc 83 heat pts83
space
space
$16,965 | Props total: 3574 3574
 Cambury said:
this is one I dont get...he has more rebounds but he isnt a better rebounded. They won't address anything specific because they cant. Forget about points.

Someone explain to me why a dude that rebounds, steals and blocks more is a worse defender.

Lebron is the most overrated defender of all time, I just want someone to post footage of him applying pressure to someone. If you not a lockdown type defender then it has to be about stats.

And no matter what if you cant stop me how are you better if anything its equal. Lebron cannot stop Durant and Durant makes more defensive plays.
he's averaging .2 more steals per game... calm your fat a.ss down.

Lebrons a better rebounder, not by much because kd has like 4 inches on him. Let me explain why, lebron and kd play two different ways when it comes to grabbing rebounds and leaking out on fast breaks, allowing kd to get more since lebron leaks out more.

But that's not enough so let me get to the good stuff:

The miami heat are last in the nba in field goal attempts per game with 76.8, while the thunder are in the middle of the pack with 82.8. They play at a faster pace and take 6 more shots per game. The miami heat are also 3rd in the nba in least fga for their opponents with 79 a game while okc gives up 84.4. So shots alone there is 11.4 more shots being taken in thunder games than miami games.

So to bring it all together: in total rebound percentage(percentage of available rebounds the player grabbed while on the floor) lebron is at 11.7% while kd is at 11.4%.

Oh and lebron is a far better defender stfu.

Kingpin 313 said:
You think lebron is top 5 all time?
You think kobe is top 5 all time?

Lebron's already top 10.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-28-2014 at 12:00 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #944
Motion 804 heat pts804
space
space
$19,196 | Props total: 1325 1325
 Cambury said:
but he did prove it on the bigger stage he outplayed lebron in the finals, heat were a better team. C'mon man yall gotta get better arguments
so now people wanna poo-poo the 2011-2012 OKC Thunder?

That OKC team that Miami dismantled 4-1 in the Finals sported the following:
  • the 3-time Scoring Champion who made the All-NBA 1st Team (Kevin Durant)
  • an All-Star PG who was 5th in the NBA in scoring & made the All-NBA 2nd Team for the 2nd year in a row (Russell Westbrook)
  • the 6th Man of the Year (James Harden)
  • the overall leader in Blocks who made the All Defensive First Team (Serge Ibaka)

they also had a better record than Miami and they had homecourt advantage in the Finals

oh, and the Thunder were favored by Vegas to beat Miami that year

the Heat spotted them a 1-0 series lead only to come back and rip off 4 in a row which caused them to turn around and trade James Harden 4 months later

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #945
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,622 | Props total: 1451 1451
 joshdogg26 said:
lebron's rebound % is and has historically been better than stickman's. there, numbers. boom.
Theyre actually pretty much identical the last 3-4 years if I remember correctly.
 3 years ago '12        #946
OC123 173 heat pts173
space
space
$22,123 | Props total: 452 452
 Cambury said:
this is one I dont get...he has more rebounds but he isnt a better rebounded. They won't address anything specific because they cant. Forget about points.

Someone explain to me why a dude that rebounds, steals and blocks more is a worse defender.

Lebron is the most overrated defender of all time, I just want someone to post footage of him applying pressure to someone. If you not a lockdown type defender then it has to be about stats.

And no matter what if you cant stop me how are you better if anything its equal. Lebron cannot stop Durant and Durant makes more defensive plays.
so defense is only blocks, steals, and rebounds? i know you're smarter than that, what about ball denial? what about how he defended tony parker in the finals last year? n*ggas got selective memory nowadays

3 years ago '11        #947
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,335 | Props total: 29 29
Kd is more entertaining to me, with lebron while he is on his way to being one of the best ever, is just not fun to watch outside of his a.ssists.
 3 years ago '04        #948
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,322 | Props total: 277 277
Dudes also forget that kd had to be taken off bron cause he couldn't stay out of foul trouble in the finals.
 3 years ago '13        #949
Prime Dilfer 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,216 | Props total: 4801 4801
Nobody cares about some bs rebound percentage.. Fact of the matter is KD is equal to or a better rebounder and his career averages say so. n*ggas wanna skew the stats for their arguments all the time I will fu*k all of you n*ggas
 3 years ago '09        #950
The Bully 334 heat pts334
space
space
$46,636 | Props total: 24692 24692
 WestbankThugBoy said:
whether he "stops" them or not is depending on what you consider that to be.
"stop" is what fatbury's heart will do if he doesnt go on a diet
 3 years ago '07        #951
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,211 | Props total: 9741 9741
listen man at the end of the day Lebrons teammates make him better, no matter who Durant is playing with he can replicate everything he is doing. That means Durant is better. Better shooter, scorer and makes more defensive plays(as seen by stats) that means better player.
 01-28-2014, 12:03 AM         #952
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
social media era

man doesn't even have one mvp being compared to someone with 4 and 2 finals mvp's

did i mention bron beat this guy in the finals and made him cry 2 years ago???
 3 years ago '11        #953
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
$19,155 | Props total: 2476 2476
 whothebestmc said:
he's averaging .2 more steals per game... calm your fat a.ss down.

Lebrons a better rebounder, not by much because kd has like 4 inches on him. Let me explain why, lebron and kd play two different ways when it comes to grabbing rebounds and leaking out on fast breaks, allowing kd to get more since lebron leaks out more.

But that's not enough so let me get to the good stuff:

The miami heat are last in the nba in field goal attempts per game with 76.8, while the thunder are in the middle of the pack with 82.8. They play at a faster pace and take 6 more shots per game. The miami heat are also 3rd in the nba in least fga for their opponents with 79 a game while okc gives up 84.4. So shots alone there is 11.4 more shots being taken in thunder games than miami games.

So to bring it all together: in total rebound percentage(percentage of available rebounds the player grabbed while on the floor) lebron is at 11.7% while kd is at 11.4%.

Oh and lebron is a far better defender stfu.

You think kobe is top 5 all time?

Lebron's already top 10.

Of course Kobe Is top 5 most people admit it who besides Jordan and Kareem can match his resume and only durant can match his skill on offense

If lebron is top ten he is exactly at 10
 3 years ago '09        #954
space
space
n*gga has a front office that's given him westbrook, harden, jeff green, serge ibaka, the best post defender in the league in kendrick perkins, a 20-point scorer in kevin martin, reggie jackson all in his first 7 seasons and hasnt gotten it done

who was lebron's best teammate in his first 7 seasons? mo williams?

the hypocrisy continues
 3 years ago '09        #955
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Of course Kobe Is top 5 most people admit it who besides Jordan and Kareem can match his resume and only durant can match his skill on offense

kobe's rings won as a sidekick: 3
jordan/kareem/lebron's rings won as a sidekick: 0

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '11        #956
space
space
 micseles said:
Theyre actually pretty much identical the last 3-4 years if I remember correctly.
In the last 3-4 years: lebron is at 12.2% of the total rebounds and kd is at 11.3%. Last year lebron was at 13.1% and kd was at 11.8%. Lebron is also a lot higher in the playoffs.
 3 years ago '04        #957
Motion 804 heat pts804
space
space
$19,196 | Props total: 1325 1325
 Cambury said:
listen man at the end of the day Lebrons teammates make him better, no matter who Durant is playing with he can replicate everything he is doing. That means Durant is better. Better shooter, scorer and makes more defensive plays(as seen by stats) that means better player.
don't even try to pull that sh*t

LeBron was the 2-time defending MVP BEFORE he came to Miami

people really reaching now -- lemme help you

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '11        #958
ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774
space
space
$27,698 | Props total: 2200 2200
n*ggas in here arguing about rebounds durant got a better jumper thats it
 3 years ago '11        #959
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:

Kobe isn't top 5 though...

jordan/magic/russell/kareem/bird/duncan/wilt take your pick.

Lebron being at #10 isn't a bad thing when he's only 29

Although I think he's #9

Prime Dilfer said:
Nobody cares about some bs rebound percentage.. Fact of the matter is KD is equal to or a better rebounder and his career averages say so. n*ggas wanna skew the stats for their arguments all the time I will fu*k all of you n*ggas
how is it bs

Lebron is slightly better. But the careers number say so?

Regular season
Lebron: 7.2 rpg
KD: 6.9 rpg

Postseason
Lebron: 8.6 rpg
KD: 8 rpg

If anything you are skewing the stats.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-28-2014 at 12:20 AM..
 01-28-2014, 12:17 AM         #960
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ppl saying durant a better rebounder than bron

ppl saying bron ain't top 5

january 29
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
203 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
82 comments
19 hours ago