Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Baccshots would be crazy.
6 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
NCAAF Washington state QB Tyler Hilinski commited suicide
129 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside TEXANS TRYING TO REMOVE ICE FROM THEIR CAR MIGHT BE THE DUMBEST EVER :m..
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside I'm bout to give you all the keys and security codes
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #901
Hoop Dreams 179 heat pts179
space
avatar space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 2872 2872
 P24B said:
Umm yes Durant is a better ball handler, he's 6'10 and can go coast to coast with ease, split doubles and pull up, cross up players, when was the last time you saw lebron actually pull off a nice set of ball handling moves one on one with a defender?

Ball handling doesn't equate to put ur head down and bullying your way through defenders, ball handling is your ability to get anywhere you want on the court with ur dribble (not size and shoulder) to get ur shot off. Durant actually crosses n*ggas up.


Once again, lebron Stan's can't even fathom the idea of KD being better. It physically hurts their souls.


They not ballers. They thing handles = putting your head down and going full speed to the basket.
 4 years ago '11        #902
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$19,670 | Props total: 9598 9598
 P24B said:
1. Better shooter by far with unlimited range
2. Better rebounder
3. Better ball handler
4. Way better in the clutch
5. Doesn't have an allstar team
6. Plays in the western conference (some nfl teams can beat some east nba teams)
7. Wayy better scorer
8. KD is younger
1. yep a way better shooter
2. not a better rebounder
3. kd has better handles hes not a better ball handler
4. They've both had their moments negative/postive in the "clutch"
5. they both have great teams..
6. irrelevant to the topic, lebron and the heat have beat the western conference's best 2 years in a row including kd
7. Not way better but yeah, less efficient though
8. irrelevant

nothing about defense but it's ok. Lebron's peers know hes the best in the league including kd. Why's it sooooo hard to accept that? Kd's time will come.


Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-27-2014 at 11:42 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #903
Impeccable 219 heat pts219
space
avatar space
space
$15,060 | Props total: 1873 1873
 Kingpin 313 said:
Durant always been better than lebron to people who understand and play basketball
I'm screamin


That's basically calling Durant a top 5 player of all time without accomplishments

Durant has never been better than Bron. He's a better shooter and rebounder. That's all.


Last edited by Impeccable; 01-27-2014 at 11:41 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #904
Soccer0824 
space
avatar space
space
$951 | Props total: 218 218
 VictoryThagr8 said:
and ibaka just won defensive player of the year.




  642 - 229 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 73% 6 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 422-223, Rank #6 | Aug 16: 139-68, Rank #48 | Aug 15: 273-126, Rank #44 | Aug 14: 464-232, Rank #19 | Aug 13: 131-89, Rank #46 | Aug 12: 33-26, Rank #146 *
 4 years ago '13        #905
P24B 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$339 | Props total: 52 52
All lebron does better is defend (which he does very well) and playmake (however, KD has significantly improved his playmaking).

It's glaringly obvious Durant is better...
 4 years ago '05        #906
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$13,648 | Props total: 2987 2987
the only separation I put between the two which ultimately keeps LeBron aheadof KD is defensive presence.

LeBron can literally guard all 5 positions and be effective in that.
 4 years ago '07        #907
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,322 | Props total: 10088 10088
 Prime Dilfer said:
How is Durant not a better rebounder?
this is one I dont get...he has more rebounds but he isnt a better rebounded. They won't address anything specific because they cant. Forget about points.

Someone explain to me why a dude that rebounds, steals and blocks more is a worse defender.

Lebron is the most overrated defender of all time, I just want someone to post footage of him applying pressure to someone. If you not a lockdown type defender then it has to be about stats.



And no matter what if you cant stop me how are you better if anything its equal. Lebron cannot stop Durant and Durant makes more defensive plays.
 4 years ago '07        #908
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,322 | Props total: 10088 10088
 WestbankThugBoy said:
the only separation I put between the two which ultimately keeps LeBron aheadof KD is defensive presence.

LeBron can literally guard all 5 positions and be effective in that.
stop with what someone "can" do. Show me who he has stopped.
 4 years ago '13        #909
Hoop Dreams 179 heat pts179
space
avatar space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Prime Dilfer said:
How is Durant not a better rebounder?


If numbers cant prove that, i would love to hear the argument. These delusional fans. Numbers dont lie.
 4 years ago '12        #910
OC123 178 heat pts178
space
avatar space
space
$22,510 | Props total: 1365 1365
 P24B said:
Umm yes Durant is a better ball handler, he's 6'10 and can go coast to coast with ease, split doubles and pull up, cross up players, when was the last time you saw lebron actually pull off a nice set of ball handling moves one on one with a defender?

Ball handling doesn't equate to put ur head down and bullying your way through defenders, ball handling is your ability to get anywhere you want on the court with ur dribble (not size and shoulder) to get ur shot off. Durant actually crosses n*ggas up.


Once again, lebron Stan's can't even fathom the idea of KD being better. It physically hurts their souls.
foh with that bullsh*t, lebron been playing point guard since high school, there was a time when durant couldnt even dribble up the court without getting ripped (mainly the finals against miami), ball handling is more than just fancy crossovers, durant has a better crossover while lebron has the better ball security
 4 years ago '05        #911
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,879 | Props total: 4525 4525
The correct answer to this would be because the average "fan" can only concentrate on one player at a time. Its inconceivable for them to appreciate two outlets of greatness at one time.

I think the better question is why cant people accept that their two entirely different players with different approaches to the game. They've achieved relatively the same regular season success team wise, stat totals are similar (KD heavy on the pts side, Bron heavy on the a.ssts side) only thing that validates Lebron's approach is the championships.

Would be interesting to see what perception wouldve been had Russy not went down and OKC made it to the finals and beat the Heat (making it Lebron 1 and KD 1)

Id say Lebron is still the better all around player but the gap gets closer and closer as the years pass.
 4 years ago '11        #912
clydes suit 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$6,405 | Props total: 6329 6329
how many times kd gotta dribble the ball off his foot for n*ggas to stop hyping up them sloppy a.ss handles
 4 years ago '07        #913
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,322 | Props total: 10088 10088
 OC123 said:
foh with that bullsh*t, lebron been playing point guard since high school, there was a time when durant couldnt even dribble up the court without getting ripped (mainly the finals against miami), ball handling is more than just fancy crossovers, durant has a better crossover while lebron has the better ball security
Lebron used to pick up his dribble whenever a big man hedged so stop it.
 4 years ago '09        #914
The Bully 357 heat pts357
space
avatar space
space
$48,920 | Props total: 38133 38133
kobe stans in here saying stats like steals and blocks matter

but wade averaged more steals and blocks than kobe for years and never got first team defense over him and they had no problem with that

the hypocrisy continues
 4 years ago '07        #915
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,561 | Props total: 13600 13600
lebron's rebound % is and has historically been better than stickman's. there, numbers. boom.
 4 years ago '05        #916
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$13,648 | Props total: 2987 2987
 Cambury said:
stop with what someone "can" do. Show me who he has stopped.
I didn't say "stopped", I said "guard".

He can defend against all positions, whether he "stops" them or not is depending on what you consider that to be.
 4 years ago '11        #917
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Impeccable said:
I'm screamin


That's basically calling Durant a top 5 player of all time without accomplishments

Durant has never been better than Bron. He's a better shooter and rebounder. That's all.


You think lebron is top 5 all time?
 4 years ago '11        #918
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$19,670 | Props total: 9598 9598
 Cambury said:
this is one I dont get...he has more rebounds but he isnt a better rebounded. They won't address anything specific because they cant. Forget about points.

Someone explain to me why a dude that rebounds, steals and blocks more is a worse defender.

Lebron is the most overrated defender of all time, I just want someone to post footage of him applying pressure to someone. If you not a lockdown type defender then it has to be about stats.



And no matter what if you cant stop me how are you better if anything its equal. Lebron cannot stop Durant and Durant makes more defensive plays.
he's averaging .2 more steals per game... calm your fat a.ss down.

Lebrons a better rebounder, not by much because kd has like 4 inches on him. Let me explain why, lebron and kd play two different ways when it comes to grabbing rebounds and leaking out on fast breaks, allowing kd to get more since lebron leaks out more.

But that's not enough so let me get to the good stuff:

The miami heat are last in the nba in field goal attempts per game with 76.8, while the thunder are in the middle of the pack with 82.8. They play at a faster pace and take 6 more shots per game. The miami heat are also 3rd in the nba in least fga for their opponents with 79 a game while okc gives up 84.4. So shots alone there is 11.4 more shots being taken in thunder games than miami games.

So to bring it all together: in total rebound percentage(percentage of available rebounds the player grabbed while on the floor) lebron is at 11.7% while kd is at 11.4%.

Oh and lebron is a far better defender stfu.

 Kingpin 313 said:
You think lebron is top 5 all time?
You think kobe is top 5 all time?

Lebron's already top 10.


Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-28-2014 at 12:00 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #919
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
avatar space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
 Cambury said:
but he did prove it on the bigger stage he outplayed lebron in the finals, heat were a better team. C'mon man yall gotta get better arguments
so now people wanna poo-poo the 2011-2012 OKC Thunder?


That OKC team that Miami dismantled 4-1 in the Finals sported the following:
  • the 3-time Scoring Champion who made the All-NBA 1st Team (Kevin Durant)
  • an All-Star PG who was 5th in the NBA in scoring & made the All-NBA 2nd Team for the 2nd year in a row (Russell Westbrook)
  • the 6th Man of the Year (James Harden)
  • the overall leader in Blocks who made the All Defensive First Team (Serge Ibaka)

they also had a better record than Miami and they had homecourt advantage in the Finals

oh, and the Thunder were favored by Vegas to beat Miami that year

the Heat spotted them a 1-0 series lead only to come back and rip off 4 in a row which caused them to turn around and trade James Harden 4 months later


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '05        #920
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,879 | Props total: 4525 4525
 joshdogg26 said:
lebron's rebound % is and has historically been better than stickman's. there, numbers. boom.
Theyre actually pretty much identical the last 3-4 years if I remember correctly.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Bitcoin and Ethereum plummet as South Korea decides on total crypto shutdown
172 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside come stick your finger in this...
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
OT Mia Khalifa Dropped From Out Of Bounds?
80 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Be careful out there, BX
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Foreign Exchange 🇷🇺 Anastasiya
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Jan 14 - Do you work more than 39 hours a week? Your job could be killing you
111 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Don Q & Dave East working on a joint project
26 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Ben J (New Boyz) Cries as He Details Killing an Armed Home Invader
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy