Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #741
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 48 48
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:

so playing with dewayne wade and chris bosh arent important factors
Yes it is, and is also what it takes in order to win a championship in the NBA, but when you compare Michael or Lebron to Kobe, people like to mention the fact he got rings younger than them and the fact he has so many rings, and I just like to let people know we don't consider it the same when your not the big dog on your team, and we understand and believe the only reason Kobe was able to get his rings so young is cause he actually had some one better than him on his team, I mean I saw what D.Wade did with a washed up Shaq, I can only imagine what Jordan and Lebron would have done with the Shaq Kobe had, if they had him @ a younger age like Kobe did.

Also I would like to say we have not forgotten the year Kobe had no Shaq, Gasol, or Bynum, nor him getting swept by my Mavericks .... Kobe in order to accomplish anything as far as going deep in the playoffs or winning a ring always has to have the best team, we are not fooled by him in reference to a comparison to Michael or Lebron, but he still one of the greatest ever, just not in their class.
 5 years ago '08        #742
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,797 | Props total: 576 576
"some people dont know sh*t about basketball"
 5 years ago '04        #743
space
space
 KnicksLost said:
what great leaps at a young age has he taken. he may have more accolades but this era is water down with more stars that lack basic fundamentals...Bron would be a great player in 90's but Jordan dominated the 90's after that 1st chip no other hall of fame player got anything on his watch...the flop wasn't as prevalent back then which is a big weapon used by stars today...he was the gatekeeper after that first taste of success.

Well I have to say I disagree with you own the talent or level of competition in the league, but these are our personal opinions, But me personally I mean come on Jordan beat Mark Price, Brad Daughtery, and Craig Ehlo in a eastern conference finals, these are players I will not be tellin my nephew about ..... I personally have never seen so many good teams in the league, so many great players in the league, and believe the league is more competitive than it has ever been, but thats my opinion ....

But what I am doing with this thread is stating facts and see how you guys feel about them, you will have to accept that if Lebron wins a championship and mvp this year, and that is that if you want to compare him to Michael Jordan, from age 18-27 every age he has been he will have accomplished more than Michael Jordan and I know it hurts, it hurts so bad some people would rather compare him @ age 24 to Michael @ age 27, trust me I'm hurt by it also, but we all must live with it, and I wish him the best but the rest of will just have to hope and pray he does not accomplish more age 27-34 cause that Michael Jordan is the greatest player to ever live, but if Lebron gets that ring and MVP this year I want everyone to understand age 18-27 Lebron is the greatest to ever play the game in that age frame and we should treat him as such, and live with it.
 5 years ago '04        #744
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Yup I dont have to reply
It is not that you dont have to, it is there is no response in reference to your desires, hopes, and dreams ..... Im stating facts homeboy like Obama do and u tryin to say what ever you can and do what ever you can just so you dont see me be correct cause you dont want to see me in that White House like Fox New and the tea party do, I will not be fooled by these things.

This is business, I dont care what you friends think, I dont care about you opinion ...... documentation, accomplishments, and numbers .... lets go
 5 years ago '04        #745
space
space
 slimdogg3325 said:
"some people dont know sh*t about basketball"
That is a general statement, could you be more specific.
 5 years ago '04        #746
space
space
To merge this thread would be a disgrace, I'm raising a new argument and topic and it deserves it's shine .... I welcome all challengers ....... so dont play me ... play me
 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM         #747
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wade and Kobe are better than Jordan. Both got a chip in 3 years Jordan 7
 5 years ago '06        #748
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,432 | Props total: 48 48
not trying to hate, but the fact that lebron held his team hostage and then went to join a top 5 and a top 20 player waters down anything he does after that point. the level of bi*ch-assed-ness needed to make that decision is epic, but lebron has that.

Jordan with pippen and kobe with shaq were completely different situations, so dont bring those up.
 5 years ago '04        #749
space
space
 ballislife said:
Wade and Kobe are better than Jordan. Both got a chip in 3 years Jordan 7

Well me personally I dont consider it a coincidence they both had Shaq ...... I am not fooled by this in reference to them ..... thats why this is Lebron and Michael big dog vs big dog ............ I know what both of them would have done with Shaq ...... does Wade even have a MVP, I cant think of one year where he was considered the best player in the league ..... but both Wade and Kobe will go down as two of the greatest ever, but they will be outside of Jordan and Lebrons class.
 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM         #750
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gd_UP said:
not trying to hate, but the fact that lebron held his team hostage and then went to join a top 5 and a top 20 player waters down anything he does after that point. the level of bi*ch-assed-ness needed to make that decision is epic, but lebron has that.

Jordan with pippen and kobe with shaq were completely different situations, so dont bring those up.
Hostage? The Cavs was not his team any more after July 1st so he was free to do what he wanted. Plenty of teams in nba history had multiple hof and nobody was complaining about that. So lets just say he would have stayed in Cleveland and retire ringless are we going to applaud him because he's like reggie,stockton,and ewing? Lets not forget Chuck went to go create a super team in houston.
 05-05-2012, 11:57 AM         #751
ballislife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Well me personally I dont consider it a coincidence they both had Shaq ...... I am not fooled by this in reference to them ..... thats why this is Lebron and Michael big dog vs big dog ............ I know what both of them would have done with Shaq ...... does Wade even have a MVP, I cant think of one year where he was considered the best player in the league ..... but both Wade and Kobe will go down as two of the greatest ever, but they will be outside of Jordan and Lebrons class.
Real sh*t bruh and n*ggas want to bring up the fact lebron had Shaq when he wasn't the shaq we all knew but it is what it is.
 5 years ago '04        #752
space
space
 Gd_UP said:

When you are drafted to a historically trash franchise that does not have the ability to bring in another hall of famer, which is what every great player had that won a ring, you can either sit there and perform the best in the league every year and loose cause you have no help which has been proven by all other greats it is required, or you can take your life and legacy in your own hands and do it yourself ..... I am not ready to consider Wade better than Pippen, Worhty or McHale and I am not ready to consider Bosh better that Rodman or Kareem and Robert Parish and Bill Walton are both on the 50 greatest list, so obviously we all know what it takes to win rings in this league, but the greatest player Lebron ever played with is Mo Williams, I think Lebron figured this out from the same research I did and took his own career in his own hands and would not let it be ruined by a historically trash franchise that does not know how to put a team together, I respect and commend him for that, but this is what has to be said he has no more than what Michael, Larry, or Magic had he just had to do it himself, thats just the evolution of the black man and I know thats hurts the most.

Pippen is probably the most underrated player ever, but he is 50 greatest and the one year Michael was gone he was 3rd in MVP voting, and based on stats he is the greatest passing forward and also the greatest perimeter defensive forward, now go research that. Rodman is the greatest rebounder ever.

Last edited by God_Manifested; 05-05-2012 at 12:14 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #753
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

I mean u chaps can have Lebron but in my eyes Jordan was/is the greatest player to ever play this game. Jordan kept a whole generation of great players from obtaining rings. I mean statistics don't mean a whole lot in this comparison because the era that Bron is playing in is no where near as talented as the one Jordan DOMINATED in. Jordan WAS THE NBA when he played.

Jordan had that passion and will to win AT ALL COSTS.....some of us can relate to that more than someone who has excuses for EVERYTHING. If u didn't grow up watching Jordan then you'll never understand how great he was, the stats and rings don't do him justice. Dude was like a super hero
 5 years ago '09        #754
iamsoulja 161 heat pts161
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 1872 1872
 jlandryst said:

lol that's the dumbest thing ever by that logic Bill Russell is the best

11× NBA Champion (5 more than Jordan)
5× NBA Most Valuable Player(same amount as Jordan)
so if that's the only argument Bill>>>Jordan

and he played 2 less seasons then Jordan haha
 5 years ago '04        #755
space
space
 SugaHillRomello said:

I mean u chaps can have Lebron but in my eyes Jordan was/is the greatest player to ever play this game. Jordan kept a whole generation of great players from obtaining rings. I mean statistics don't mean a whole lot in this comparison because the era that Bron is playing in is no where near as talented as the one Jordan DOMINATED in. Jordan WAS THE NBA when he played.

Jordan had that passion and will to win AT ALL COSTS.....some of us can relate to that more than someone who has excuses for EVERYTHING. If u didn't grow up watching Jordan then you'll never understand how great he was, the stats and rings don't do him justice. Dude was like a super hero

I like mines with the personal feelings on the side.
 5 years ago '08        #756
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,797 | Props total: 576 576
you can state these "facts" all you want. you even used the word if in thread title. how is that a "fact". there is no arguing "ifs". then you dismissed the "fact" that jordan went to college first (which is a prretty important point to factor into this so-called argument) and even used that to boost lebron. so many contradictions in your so-called argument its hard not to laugh at this silly attempt at whatever the fu*k you're trying to do. then try to sh*t on another great in kobe sayin he played with shaq. let you tell it, kobe didnt even have to be on that team right? so i guess what im sayin is, you stating all these "facts" is proving what exactly? that he accomplished more? yea sure i can see lebron 20 yrs from now "i did more than mj from 18-27" lmao. you fake fans of individual players k!ll me. thats what i meant by "some people dont know sh*t about basketball" but you knew that. but i mean there has to be a point unless your just have nothing else to do, which is evident by you responding to damn near every post. no need to respond with anymore "facts" because in know the game well. good day sir

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #757
iamsoulja 161 heat pts161
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 1872 1872
everybody knows the only reason Lebron is talked about so much is because we grew up in the social media era, where everything is talked about. Jordan didn't have it this hard because, any real sports fan knows that the first 3 years Jordan couldn't make it out the first round would have been on twitter and facebook. Everybody would have been on him ESPN, Skip, Stephen A, & Everybody. Everybody on this planet knows Lebron is great they just need something to talk about because it's been awhile since we've seen this much greatness Kobe is Kobe he's a scorer, that's my favorite player he'll give you 81 points , Lebron on the other hand will Give you 50 points 10 rebounds, and 10 a.ssist ima real fan and you and i know he's great it's just some of yall are afraid to admit that he's that good
 5 years ago '11        #758
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
I like mines with the personal feelings on the side.
true but can stats really measure EVERYTHING that makes a player great??

What about leadership?
What about heart?

Just some intangibles im throwing out there that most the players i consider great possess. Lebron will get his STATS but will he LEAD his team to a ring?

Just my thoughts, i like to leave the hypotheticals off the plate when discussing greatness
 5 years ago '10        #759
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,506 | Props total: 45 45
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Most people thought Wade was the best player in the league in 08 but his team was a.ss tho..
 05-05-2012, 01:00 PM         #760
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lebron is gonna have 3 mvp's at 27. jordan only had 1. i dont think ppl realize how young lebron still is.........and his endurance/durability, he can keep playing until he's 35 in his prime just like jordan.

and jordan was a slave, but idk if we should get into all that...........white ppl will never let anyone be better than jordan. especially someone like lebron that chose his own path and went to south beach
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy