Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
NFL Punter Marquette King Allegedly Connected With Kim Kardashian
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
MMA UFC 206 Holloway vs. Pettis
506 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thickest first lady in US history
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake Has A “whatthef#ckgotdamn” Reaction After Dapping Up A SKrippa
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #581
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,890 | Props total: 30 30
my son let me tell you this one last time...Kobe will never be better then jordan.
 5 years ago '06        #582
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,062 | Props total: 1 1
90's ball was the best basketball the league has seen.

& Young Jordan put 66 points in a game against that celtics team...
 5 years ago '12        #583
Fearless Genius 65 heat pts65
space
space
$4,161 | Props total: 434 434
Stats vs Rings Argument

if you argue that russell is greater than chamberlain, then do you have to say kobe is better than lebron? vice versa? is it inconsistent to say that russell is greater than chamberlain and also claim lebron is greater than kobe? just curious to hear opinions from informed members. don't want to hear any robert horry 7 rings garbage. star players have alot more to do with winning titles then role players.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #584
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 6 6
5+pgs

inbeforeJordanisMentioned

inbeforeHorryisMentionedAlso

Edit: @ my n*gga Don below me going off early in the AM
 5 years ago '05        #585
DaDon23 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,610 | Props total: 2946 2946
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 5 years ago '04        #586
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,925 | Props total: 1077 1077
Depends on how you structure your argument. . .

If you make the russel argument based on rings, then yes to be consistent you must say Kobe>>>Lebron. Because Wilt statistically was much further ahead of russell than bron is ahead of kobe

If you use the russell mvp argument, then not really

Me personally, I think wilt>>>russell and Kobe is the GOAT sooooo, yeah
 5 years ago '11        #587
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,827 | Props total: 924 924

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #588
MemphBleek05 44 heat pts44
space
space
$9,199 | Props total: 2890 2890
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 5 years ago '05        #589
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,508 | Props total: 1893 1893
 5 years ago '04        #590
torious 64 heat pts64
space
space
$77,575 | Props total: 4334 4334
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #591
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,788 | Props total: 1200 1200
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
 5 years ago '07        #592
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,262 | Props total: 9856 9856
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
 5 years ago '12        #593
space
space
 DaDon23 said:
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

MemphBleek05 said:
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 portis187 said:
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
i was just curious, and i thought it was an interesting way to look at it. and when is it ever a peaceful day on BXSC?
 5 years ago '12        #594
space
space
 Cambury said:
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
interesting way of looking at it.

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-06-2012 at 02:14 AM..
 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM         #595
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Greatness is clearly not defined by rings because if that was the case, Russell would be the GOAT and would be considered better than Jordan

Jordan is the best because he could do it all and he did it efficiently, not to mention he played both ends of the floor.

Kobe has yet to even have a season where he shot 50% from the field. He is not a legend...
 5 years ago '09        #596
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,041 | Props total: 227 227
 EnlightenMe said:
Stats vs Rings Argument

if you argue that russell is greater than chamberlain, then do you have to say kobe is better than lebron? vice versa? is it inconsistent to say that russell is greater than chamberlain and also claim lebron is greater than kobe? just curious to hear opinions from informed members. don't want to hear any robert horry 7 rings garbage. star players have alot more to do with winning titles then role players.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
 5 years ago '12        #597
space
space
 faceoffizhere said:
horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
i don't think making one or two clutch shots in every third postseason is a "big a.ss part". he did play a larger role for the two he won in houston but for the other five he was a guy coming off the bench averaging 4 or 5 points a game and couldn't play d. not trying to disrespect the guy but let's keep it in perspective.
 5 years ago '11        #598
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$22,657 | Props total: 7 7

[pic - click to view]

Boston GOAT
 04-05-2012, 01:41 PM         #599
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea but russell always stopped wilt from getting his rings and despite wilt getting his stats, russell's teams always won when they played.

lebron dominates kobe in the reg season and they never met in the playoffs. no one is gonna say kobe is a better player all around and they're not two sg's/sf's anyway. bad comparison

Last edited by SeaJaiye; 04-05-2012 at 02:18 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #600
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$40,704 | Props total: 6 6
Has kobes teams ever directly stopped lebron from winning a championship the way the greatest winner of all time did with wilt?
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
225 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
199 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
72 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 28 Game Systems, One Console
32 comments
1 day ago