Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
I'm sorry, but Black Women got the Ass game on lock
93 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage ain't a savage
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Imma hit it raw
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sperm + Chicken Egg = WTF?!?!
35 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

5 years ago '05        #581
DaDon23 58 heat pts58
space
space
$17,618 | Props total: 6437 6437
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 5 years ago '04        #582
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,361 | Props total: 2195 2195
Depends on how you structure your argument. . .

If you make the russel argument based on rings, then yes to be consistent you must say Kobe>>>Lebron. Because Wilt statistically was much further ahead of russell than bron is ahead of kobe

If you use the russell mvp argument, then not really

Me personally, I think wilt>>>russell and Kobe is the GOAT sooooo, yeah
 5 years ago '11        #583
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,930 | Props total: 1067 1067

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #584
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
space
$9,824 | Props total: 6500 6500
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 5 years ago '05        #585
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,119 | Props total: 3826 3826
 5 years ago '04        #586
torious 64 heat pts64
space
space
$80,618 | Props total: 9185 9185
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #587
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,995 | Props total: 1941 1941
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
 5 years ago '07        #588
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,259 | Props total: 9914 9914
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
 5 years ago '12        #589
Fearless Genius 69 heat pts69
space
space
$4,201 | Props total: 586 586
 DaDon23 said:
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

MemphBleek05 said:
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 portis187 said:
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
i was just curious, and i thought it was an interesting way to look at it. and when is it ever a peaceful day on BXSC?

96 - 57 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 62% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '12        #590
space
space
 Cambury said:
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
interesting way of looking at it.

Career: | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-06-2012 at 01:14 AM..
 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM         #591
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Greatness is clearly not defined by rings because if that was the case, Russell would be the GOAT and would be considered better than Jordan

Jordan is the best because he could do it all and he did it efficiently, not to mention he played both ends of the floor.

Kobe has yet to even have a season where he shot 50% from the field. He is not a legend...
 5 years ago '09        #592
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,570 | Props total: 708 708
 EnlightenMe said:
Stats vs Rings Argument

if you argue that russell is greater than chamberlain, then do you have to say kobe is better than lebron? vice versa? is it inconsistent to say that russell is greater than chamberlain and also claim lebron is greater than kobe? just curious to hear opinions from informed members. don't want to hear any robert horry 7 rings garbage. star players have alot more to do with winning titles then role players.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
 5 years ago '12        #593
space
space
 faceoffizhere said:
horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
i don't think making one or two clutch shots in every third postseason is a "big a.ss part". he did play a larger role for the two he won in houston but for the other five he was a guy coming off the bench averaging 4 or 5 points a game and couldn't play d. not trying to disrespect the guy but let's keep it in perspective.

5 years ago '11        #594
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,047 | Props total: 297 297

[pic - click to view]

Boston GOAT
 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM         #595
SeaJaiye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea but russell always stopped wilt from getting his rings and despite wilt getting his stats, russell's teams always won when they played.

lebron dominates kobe in the reg season and they never met in the playoffs. no one is gonna say kobe is a better player all around and they're not two sg's/sf's anyway. bad comparison

Last edited by SeaJaiye; 04-05-2012 at 01:18 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #596
TriniSoldier 58 heat pts58
space
space
$45,489 | Props total: 13066 13066
Has kobes teams ever directly stopped lebron from winning a championship the way the greatest winner of all time did with wilt?
 5 years ago '07        #597
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,434 | Props total: 625 625

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #598
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,434 | Props total: 625 625
 RMG 007 said:
Thread is now about your favorite snack

[pic - click to view]

FAIL

k!ll yourself

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #599
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
yea but russell always stopped wilt from getting his rings and despite wilt getting his stats, russell's teams always won when they played.

lebron dominates kobe in the reg season and they never met in the playoffs. no one is gonna say kobe is a better player all around and they're not two sg's/sf's anyway. bad comparison
actually wilt did beat russell atleast once in a playoff series towards winning an nba title in the 67 season. don't know if there are any other times. and don't you think they are somewhat comparable since they are both perimeter players? and what if they never meet in the playoffs? i think we have enough information to give a good arguments that one is better than the other if they never play each other. i think there is enough information to go off over the course of their careers.

TriniSoldier said:
Has kobes teams ever directly stopped lebron from winning a championship the way the greatest winner of all time did with wilt?
jordan never beat bird's celtics in a playoff series. bird always dominated jordan in the playoffs. swept mj twice. jordan never redeemed himself against bird in the playoffs and most people conclude jordan is still the better player. why do kobe and lebron need to play each other in a playoff series to determine who's better?

5 years ago '09        #600
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,570 | Props total: 708 708
 EnlightenMe said:
i don't think making one or two clutch shots in every third postseason is a "big a.ss part". he did play a larger role for the two he won in houston but for the other five he was a guy coming off the bench averaging 4 or 5 points a game and couldn't play d. not trying to disrespect the guy but let's keep it in perspective.
yea u must not have watched the games bruh 1 or two shots smh that n*gga hit daggers shots that if he didnt make they would of lost and not even made the finals
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside BX still trying to get a piece of Ashley Graham?
96 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Verne Troyer Eating Subway
128 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Throw NBA 2K18's Cover In The Trash
36 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 22 - Champion bodybuilder Dallas 'Big Country' McCarver dies aged ..
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Aug 22 - Weed Clubs Could Be Coming To A City Near You :mjcry:
79 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside DAD TURNS SON'S DOODLES INTO ANIME CHARACTERS :blunt:
116 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Amy Schumer asked Netflix for more money after learning what male com..
120 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lena The Hoe Plug
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy