Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
 136
Kendall fine AF BUT WHOA! Cringe...
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 95
NBA 2018 NBA Draft Grades 1st & 2nd Round
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 61
Video inside Peter Rosenberg ETHERS Joe Budden On XXXtentacion "You're A Woman Beati..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
XXXTentacion Real Killers Brag And Mock The Florida RAPPER Death
169 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #561
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,282 | Props total: 763 763
Stats vs Rings Argument

if you argue that russell is greater than chamberlain, then do you have to say kobe is better than lebron? vice versa? is it inconsistent to say that russell is greater than chamberlain and also claim lebron is greater than kobe? just curious to hear opinions from informed members. don't want to hear any robert horry 7 rings garbage. star players have alot more to do with winning titles then role players.


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]





  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 6 years ago '04        #562
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
avatar space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 11 11
5+pgs

inbeforeJordanisMentioned

inbeforeHorryisMentionedAlso

Edit: @ my n*gga Don below me going off early in the AM
 6 years ago '05        #563
DaDon23 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$19,143 | Props total: 10381 10381
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 6 years ago '04        #564
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,161 | Props total: 4392 4392
Depends on how you structure your argument. . .

If you make the russel argument based on rings, then yes to be consistent you must say Kobe>>>Lebron. Because Wilt statistically was much further ahead of russell than bron is ahead of kobe

If you use the russell mvp argument, then not really

Me personally, I think wilt>>>russell and Kobe is the GOAT sooooo, yeah
 6 years ago '11        #565
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$8,955 | Props total: 1122 1122

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '05        #566
MemphBleek05 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 15346 15346
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 6 years ago '05        #567
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,855 | Props total: 5753 5753
 6 years ago '04        #568
torious 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$84,237 | Props total: 15816 15816
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '08        #569
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$7,330 | Props total: 3017 3017
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
 6 years ago '07        #570
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
 6 years ago '12        #571
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,282 | Props total: 763 763
 DaDon23 said:
Why.....Why....... It was a peaceful day on BXSC without one of these threads and you just had to make one. fu*king k!ll yourself
 I k!ll TREES said:

[pic - click to view]

 MemphBleek05 said:
Why can't people just accept that there is no true answer to "Who is better" in many of these comparisons...............
 portis187 said:
how bout we wait till both careers are over. Whats the point of debating active players?
i was just curious, and i thought it was an interesting way to look at it. and when is it ever a peaceful day on BXSC?




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 6 years ago '12        #572
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,282 | Props total: 763 763
 Cambury said:
It all depends on what you are speaking about. The way I look at basketball from a technical standpoint of what someone can and cannot do I see that there is a winners game and there is the game of a great player and its not won in the same. A winner impacts the game even when they aren't great, players that are great just play great despite wins or losses. I respect winners more. The past week was the perfect example with Kobe Bryant of the difference between someone just being great and someone being a winner. Everyone will not get the opportunities Lebron and MJ get to be great but what you do when things aren't setup for you to be great means more. Its the reason why when you talk about great players statistics go out the window because at some point its more important to measure up how great the moment was. Contributions to rings is held in far greater regard than anything else. Michael Jordan going 5 for 19 in a finals game shouldn't be frowned upon, its what he does in that game to overcome adversity that should be praised. So winners find ways to win, great players put up great numbers and are nowhere to be found when it counts.

P.S. Of course this isn't a static thing. Guys can go from great to winners. But the longer you are a winner the greater the legacy.
interesting way of looking at it.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-06-2012 at 01:14 AM..
 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM         #573
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Greatness is clearly not defined by rings because if that was the case, Russell would be the GOAT and would be considered better than Jordan


Jordan is the best because he could do it all and he did it efficiently, not to mention he played both ends of the floor.

Kobe has yet to even have a season where he shot 50% from the field. He is not a legend...
 6 years ago '09        #574
faceoffizhere 
space
avatar space
space
$4,720 | Props total: 868 868
 EnlightenMe said:
Stats vs Rings Argument

if you argue that russell is greater than chamberlain, then do you have to say kobe is better than lebron? vice versa? is it inconsistent to say that russell is greater than chamberlain and also claim lebron is greater than kobe? just curious to hear opinions from informed members. don't want to hear any robert horry 7 rings garbage. star players have alot more to do with winning titles then role players.


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]

horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
 6 years ago '12        #575
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,282 | Props total: 763 763
 faceoffizhere said:
horry played a big a.ss part in getting all his rings go back to how many clutch shots and timely threes he made during all his playoff runs not saying he is on any of these players levels just saying dude contributed heavy in getting his rings.
i don't think making one or two clutch shots in every third postseason is a "big a.ss part". he did play a larger role for the two he won in houston but for the other five he was a guy coming off the bench averaging 4 or 5 points a game and couldn't play d. not trying to disrespect the guy but let's keep it in perspective.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 6 years ago '11        #576
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
avatar space
space
$23,309 | Props total: 438 438

[pic - click to view]



Boston GOAT
 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM         #577
SeaJaiye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea but russell always stopped wilt from getting his rings and despite wilt getting his stats, russell's teams always won when they played.

lebron dominates kobe in the reg season and they never met in the playoffs. no one is gonna say kobe is a better player all around and they're not two sg's/sf's anyway. bad comparison


Last edited by SeaJaiye; 04-05-2012 at 01:18 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #578
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$54,579 | Props total: 37106 37106
Has kobes teams ever directly stopped lebron from winning a championship the way the greatest winner of all time did with wilt?
 6 years ago '07        #579
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
avatar space
space
$13,513 | Props total: 713 713

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #580
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
avatar space
space
$13,513 | Props total: 713 713
 RMG 007 said:
Thread is now about your favorite snack


[pic - click to view]

FAIL

k!ll yourself

[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
👀 Very Tempting
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
New & what’s leaving Netflix July 2018
30 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 24
Iggy Azalea continues to show HER IMPORTANCE to the hip hop community part 3080!
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Puma out here tryna retire these rookies
23 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Jun 20 - ICE Spokesman Resigns, Says He Could No Longer Spread Falseho..
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
NBA Ex-NBA player J.J. Hickson Jr. accused of stealing $100,000 in violent hom..
57 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside South africa finest.🍑IMPOSSIBLE DECISION
50 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Put a Hole on your PS4, why not.
19 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy