Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
 117
Image(s) inside Sep 21 - 15-Year-Old gives birth to NJ Detective's Baby......yep
94 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 77
NBA LeBron James reportedly “invested” in helping Derrick Rose get next big co..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 66
Maury Laughs At German Model Who Got Injections To Turn Herself Black
110 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Pablo Escobar's Son: My dad was making $420 million a week selling coke..
114 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 6 years ago '07        #461
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$33,946 | Props total: 12096 12096
 A.G said:
A lot of people do believe he has bad shot selection, but he actually practices all those shots and is comfortable taking them.

Kobe's problem is that he doesn't know when to stop when things aren't going his way
that's fine and well, i just think it's funny when people make excuses for him for that reason. that's his prerogative if he wants to take lower-efficiency shots. it doesn't excuse him from not shooting as well as other people . if u want to say he's a better jump shooter, that's one thing, but in terms of just scoring, that's like when people say iverson was the best because he was short lol.
 6 years ago '04        #462
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,233 | Props total: 2856 2856
 joshdogg26 said:
that's fine and well, i just think it's funny when people make excuses for him for that reason. that's his prerogative if he wants to take lower-efficiency shots. it doesn't excuse him from not shooting as well as other people . if u want to say he's a better jump shooter, that's one thing, but in terms of just scoring, that's like when people say iverson was the best because he was short lol.
Is it not the same when people try to say certain things because of Kobe's lower FG%?

Even though he averages relatively the same points per shot (which is a very crude measure, but simple to understand) over his career as Jordan does, while taking less ft?
 6 years ago '07        #463
timdog 845 heat pts845
space
avatar space
space
$29,009 | Props total: 11360 11360
 A.G said:
I'm sure he would have made plenty of those with his 16.7% shooting percentage from 3 that season.
so he got his points with out the use of the three

take away kobe 7 he hit
 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM         #464
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
watch games and stop sucking d!ck. Kobe passes to these dudes in great positions, more than enough to average 10 a.ssists. Pau passes every time Kobe passes to him, if he catches it, dude drops 2 balls per game. Or go up soft underneath and get freethrows no a.ssists for that. The worst three point shooting team in the league. He's hitting open guys all night, they aren't completing the play at a high rate. You'd clearly see that if you watched a fu*king game every once in a while smh Hate boxscore fans...come to think of it is that what BX stand for? Boxscore fans?
 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM         #465
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
You know Boxden fell off when n*ggas make threads everytime a superstar has a bad game. You can picture some of these lames reading some box scores and tingling inside when they see Kobe went 8-25 and rushing to BX to get a hot topic before SM does it.
nail on the head.

I went to sleep last night, I'm checking in to see the Rose 6-22 game 0-11 second half last night. I know n*ggas is saying that's why he'll never be MVP again and LeBron's the greatest...Found my way to this thread first though.
 6 years ago '07        #466
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$33,946 | Props total: 12096 12096
 A.G said:
Is it not the same when people try to say certain things because of Kobe's lower FG%?

Even though he averages relatively the same points per shot (which is a very crude measure, but simple to understand) over his career as Jordan does, while taking less ft?
i've used pts/FGA before but like u said it's tough to measure because the range is so small, among other things. what seems like a slight difference is actually pretty significant. it's true that MJ finished a career 1.32 and kobe is at 1.30, but kobe is also having the least efficient season of his career and most likely only going down from there while jordan's twilight years really k!lled that number for him. he was at 1.35 in just his bulls career, but was 1.04 and 1.07 those 2 seasons in washington. to put that in perspective, kobe has only been over 1.35 in 3 seasons.

so i don't necessarily disagree with that point i just think u have to wait to reach a verdict on that.


Last edited by joshdogg26; 03-09-2012 at 10:21 AM..
 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM         #467
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 a.g said:
i'm sure he would have made plenty of those with his 16.7% shooting percentage from 3 that season.
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!
 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM         #468
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jordan is missing FAR EASIER FGA's than kobe though

you cant deny this
 6 years ago '07        #469
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,239 | Props total: 493 493
This again ...MJ had it for the 90's...Kobe for the 2000's. Two of the greatest to ever step foot on the hardwood. Most of ya'll should just be content to have witnessed the greatness that both of these players have brought to the NBA and the game of basketball in general.
 6 years ago '07        #470
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,239 | Props total: 493 493
 Nate187um said:
jordan is missing FAR EASIER FGA's than kobe though

you cant deny this
MJ played in a different era... back then when you went to the hole you would get pounded. They don't have goons at center and power forward in today's game, like they did back in the day. It's much easier to score inside now than in the past...not taking anything away from Kobe though.
 6 years ago '05        #471
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$16,557 | Props total: 519 519
 Nate187um said:
4-14
4-16
3-17
5-20
6-22
4-16
7-24
5-18
4-15
5-17
4-20
7-28
5-19
8-27
5-20
7-26
8-27
7-25
5-17
5-17
2-17
4-16
4-16
7-25
3-16
5-26
1-5
2-10
2-9
5-21
4-14
4-14
7-24
1-9
3-12
4-16
5-20
5-19
4-15
4-14
4-14
4-14

all games 30% or under


homey attempted 43 shots twice for 41 & 43 points..36 shots for 37 points..35 for 35...34 for 36

& to think this n*gga rarely attempted any 3's....so these are all close shot attempts/in the paint

OVER ONE DEFENDER IN THE HIGHEST SCORING ERA OF BASKETBALL AT THAT

 6 years ago '08        #472
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$34,047 | Props total: 10681 10681
Pau is playing the exact same minutes (37) and he's scoring less and his shooting % is worse than last year...yet Kobe takes the wrap you n*ggas are pathetic
 6 years ago '05        #473
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,511 | Props total: 203 203
You can tell who actually watched basketball in the 90s on this board


NBA knowledge is at an all time low
 6 years ago '05        #474
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,511 | Props total: 203 203
 fivetreyfour said:
MJ played in a different era... back then when you went to the hole you would get pounded. They don't have goons at center and power forward in today's game, like they did back in the day. It's much easier to score inside now than in the past...not taking anything away from Kobe though.
Hardest defensive era of all time in the NBA was in the early 2000's when handchecking AND zone defense was allowed

Kobe played in that era and still averaged around 28 points a game

He even dropped 40+ on the spurs who were one of the best defensive teams at the time
 6 years ago '08        #475
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$34,047 | Props total: 10681 10681
Closest thing to MJ you'll ever see

fu*k all the Bullsh*t

/thread
 6 years ago '04        #476
Official 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0
Yall are missing the point

2 7 footers

in the game Kobe went 9-31 and they lost to the wizards

Gasol was 6-11 with 19 points
Bynum 6-8 with 19 points

You dumb a.ss n*ggas dont get the picture, the bottom line is if both Bynum & Gasol take 20 shots a night theyd be a in a much better position

There is nothing you stupid n*ggas can say to change that fact

Kobe is an idiot for failing to recognize this

Mike Brown is fu*kin soft for failing to implement this strategy in their offense

Bynum & Gasol need to take the majority of the shots

its as simple as that
 6 years ago '11        #477
Loso Luciano24 226 heat pts226
space
avatar space
space
$14,406 | Props total: 7998 7998
 Nate187um said:
4-14
4-16
3-17
5-20
6-22
4-16
7-24
5-18
4-15
5-17
4-20
7-28
5-19
8-27
5-20
7-26
8-27
7-25
5-17
5-17
2-17
4-16
4-16
7-25
3-16
5-26
1-5
2-10
2-9
5-21
4-14
4-14
7-24
1-9
3-12
4-16
5-20
5-19
4-15
4-14
4-14
4-14

all games 30% or under


homey attempted 43 shots twice for 41 & 43 points..36 shots for 37 points..35 for 35...34 for 36

& to think this n*gga rarely attempted any 3's....so these are all close shot attempts/in the paint

OVER ONE DEFENDER IN THE HIGHEST SCORING ERA OF BASKETBALL AT THAT



:jayd amn:
 6 years ago '04        #478
Official 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0
If jordan had a healthy Bynum & Gasol they would be light years ahead of Kobe with Bynum & Gasol

Kobe and Mike Brown dont use their bigs how they should
 6 years ago '05        #479
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,511 | Props total: 203 203
 Offical said:
Yall are missing the point

2 7 footers

in the game Kobe went 9-31 and they lost to the wizards

Gasol was 6-11 with 19 points
Bynum 6-8 with 19 points

You dumb a.ss n*ggas dont get the picture, the bottom line is if both Bynum & Gasol take 20 shots a night theyd be a in a much better position

There is nothing you stupid n*ggas can say to change that fact

Kobe is an idiot for failing to recognize this

Mike Brown is fu*kin soft for failing to implement this strategy in their offense

Bynum & Gasol need to take the majority of the shots

its as simple as that

How many 7 footers have taken 20 shots a night in NBA history?


Shaq had a grand total of TWO years where he averaged more than 20 shots a game and you think Gasol AND Bynum should take 20 a night? Lakers would struggle to score 80 a game if that was the case

Its not that simple



just stop
 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM         #480
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
How many 7 footers have taken 20 shots a night in NBA history?


Shaq had a grand total of TWO years where he averaged more than 20 shots a game and you think Gasol AND Bynum should take 20 a night? Lakers would struggle to score 80 a game if that was the case

Its not that simple



just stop
this

 fivetreyfour said:
MJ played in a different era... back then when you went to the hole you would get pounded. They don't have goons at center and power forward in today's game, like they did back in the day. It's much easier to score inside now than in the past...not taking anything away from Kobe though.
please we are only talking about Michael Jeffrey Jordan...the most protected player in NBA history

he's gotten the most undeserved calls in nba history

lmao @ anybody pounding MJ and getting away with it

again HE ONLY PLAYED IN THE HIGHEST SCORING ERA OF BASKETBALL AGAINST MAN DEFENSE
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 55
Image(s) inside Jaiee Makenzie
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
Cocky a--hole Dame Dash selling his shoes and plaques on EBAY
138 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
So basically Lil Yachty got with this IG model and fans going crazy
108 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
NBA Stephen Jackson: KD is an egg avatar now. I have no respect for him
94 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 29
NFL Aaron Hernandez found to have one of most advanced cases of CTE
194 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 17
Usher had sex with a man, gave him genital herpes
129 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside NBA Live 18 is LIT! Posting my own GamePlay Footage. BEAST MODE!
48 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside NBA 2K18 Slashes Virtual Currency Prices After Backlash
117 comments
20 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy