Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #401
Bea5T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,503 | Props total: 75 75
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
In order to qualify you would have had to be the leader of your team and Shaq was the leader of that team, I remember a Kobe Bryant in between Shaq and Gasol that could not get out the first round gave up on his team one game and refused to shoot the ball, and I remember him getting off a private plane in Chicago cause he was considering leaving the Lakers and always demanding a trade or trying to trade his teammates, kobe fans have short term memory, Kobe could not do what Lebron did with that Cavilers Team, the best player he ever played with there was Mo Williams.
Kobe in his prime in the eastern conference would have easily been as successful as bron that year

The east was a complete joke after the 2005 pistons. The Celtics were the only elite team Bron had to face

The West in 07-08 had all 8 teams in the playoffs with above 50 wins
 5 years ago '04        #402
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 48 48
 elvisfreshly said:
but kobe is better

and no im not a kobe stan cuz i hate all these n*ggas

AI >>>>>>>
AI is a player I personally consider better than Kobe and one of the greatest players of all time, here is a player who is takin the toughest shots @ 6'0 170, but will lead the league in scoring, no one that size has ever been able to or will ever be able to do the same, plus he is part of my unique 4 along with Kidd, Lebron, and Barkley, as the only players I have ever seen in a NBA Finals with out another Hall of Famer to a.ssist them, when it comes to the modern Pistons and Spurs, I dont think the Pistons had one Hall of Famer, and the Spurs I know at least for one of their rings only had 1 Hall of Famer, but their teams were to stacked top to bottom in order for me to consider one of their players for my unique team.
 5 years ago '04        #403
space
space
 Bea5T said:
Kobe in his prime in the eastern conference would have easily been as successful as bron that year

The east was a complete joke after the 2005 pistons. The Celtics were the only elite team Bron had to face

The West in 07-08 had all 8 teams in the playoffs with above 50 wins
Kobe could not beat the Pistons with Shaq, Lebron did it the next year dolo solo and it took 7 games and that game 7 performance is the most dominant performance I have ever witnessed by an in individual player in my personal opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #404
space
space
 Cambury said:
compare lebrons first 10 final games to wades first 12 finals games
Wade was able to use a Shaq who averaged 18 and 10 in the playoffs as a distraction, givin that to use as a distraction there is no tellin what Lebron could have achieved especially in his first finals @ 22 against San Antonio.
 03-03-2012, 01:44 PM         #405
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
AI is a player I personally consider better than Kobe and one of the greatest players of all time, here is a player who is takin the toughest shots @ 6'0 170, but will lead the league in scoring, no one that size has ever been able to or will ever be able to do the same, plus he is part of my unique 4 along with Kidd, Lebron, and Barkley, as the only players I have ever seen in a NBA Finals with out another Hall of Famer to a.ssist them, when it comes to the modern Pistons and Spurs, I dont think the Pistons had one Hall of Famer, and the Spurs I know at least for one of their rings only had 1 Hall of Famer, but their teams were to stacked top to bottom in order for me to consider one of their players for my unique team.
dont forget ai scored so much because he shot so much, i think with all the super fast point gaurds of today ai wouldn't have been as successful, and mt mutumbo(ai's borderline hof teamate) wll eventually make HoF if this gold scam clears up
 5 years ago '04        #406
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
Unless things have changed around here most people look at seasons played instead of age.
I like to use age as a comparison because it seems more fair, when u compare two men, man to man, which is what I aim doing here, its not Lebrons fault Jordan was not as good as him ages 18-21, he needed more development, but this is a man to man comparison and there are no excuses.
 5 years ago '05        #407
Bea5T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,503 | Props total: 75 75
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Kobe could not beat the Pistons with Shaq, Lebron did it the next year dolo solo and it took 7 games and that game 7 performance is the most dominant performance I have ever witnessed by an in individual player in my personal opinion.

Pistons made the finals the next year

check your facts

Bron beat them in 07(3 years after the pistons beat the lakers) then proceeded to get swept by the spurs, what does that tell you about that pistons team?

and it was game 6 not 7 where Lebron took over

you have no idea what you are talking about
 5 years ago '07        #408
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,262 | Props total: 9856 9856
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Wade was able to use a Shaq who averaged 18 and 10 in the playoffs as a distraction, givin that to use as a distraction there is no tellin what Lebron could have achieved especially in his first finals @ 22 against San Antonio.
So wats the reason him playing so poorly last year? It wasn't even like one game he got his a.ss bust on both sides of the ball for a series. That was an exposure if there ever was one.
 5 years ago '05        #409
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,696 | Props total: 5 5
All he's missing is some jewelry on his finger(s) and he automatically jumps into the top 5 equation, honestly. If he can win 3+ which is realistic with this team.... he can get into the top 3 discussion when it's all said and done at this rate.

I think with LeBron and how he dominates BOTH ends of the floor and how flawless his overall game is.... 2-3 rings for him would overtake Kobe's 5.

Easier said than done, however. Gotta crawl before you walk. Let's see him get his first.
 03-06-2012, 11:40 AM         #410
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes! Another Jordan vs. Kobe thread

This thread is made in response to a video I seen where Kobe tells someone to redo the all-time great list, and put himself before Jordan. Since I don't really like counting Kobe's early years when comparing him to Jordan. I decided to break their stats down by age.
Since Kobe came right out of highschool and Jordan had the college experience before the NBA. I chose to start it from the age
Jordan was, in his first ‘84-‘85 season, Age 21.

So here's a breakdown of Jordan and Kobe's stats by their same age, who did better each year and who did better in each category.

Regular Season:

[pic - click to view]

Post Season

[pic - click to view]

Regular Season: Jordan did better than Kobe in 9 of the 11 seasons, Kobe did better in one (MJ's '85-'86 short season), and they tied one. Total average of all the years together, Jordan did better in 10 of the categories, and Kobe did better in 2.

Post Season: Jordan did better than Kobe 9 of the 10 seasons, and kobe did better in one, again MJ's '85-'86 short season. Total average of all the years together, Jordan did better in 9 of the categories, and Kobe did better in 3.

Last edited by Lot; 03-06-2012 at 12:15 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #411
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
$26,087 | Props total: 3218 3218
Battle for the ages? That's like saying Ali vs butterbean is the battle of the ages
 5 years ago '11        #412
does any 1 care 18 heat pts18
space
space
$5,539 | Props total: 263 263
Another MJ vs Kobe thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #413
T2THEONE 825 heat pts825
space
space
$5,989 | Props total: 367 367
 does any 1 care said:
Another MJ vs Kobe thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #414
28 Gramz 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,127 | Props total: 2869 2869

[pic - click to view]

03-06-2012, 11:57 AM         #415
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 206 MrSonics said:
jordan played against jewish lawyers and future doctors
kobe playin against freak athletes who were built for this game

kobes range > jordans

kobe > jordan
word

lmao @ those single defenders MJ had to deal with

I dont even want to imagine how many points kobe would score if he had the luxury of playing in the HIGHEST SCORING ERA OF BASKETBALL
 5 years ago '11        #416
Ralph Nautica 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,643 | Props total: 3210 3210

[pic - click to view]

03-06-2012, 12:08 PM         #417
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Too bad some of you are forgetting the fact that this is a breakdown of all the stats, not just scoring, so with that said, it's still Jordan > Kobe. Only thing Kobe did better was commit less personal fouls and 3P%. Jordan beats him in every other category.

And I was actually trying to be fair with not counting Kobe's early years since his stats aren't even good at that time.
 5 years ago '09        #418
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$31,061 | Props total: 5335 5335
MJ in the postseason my god is he the GOAT!
 5 years ago '07        #419
Bullseye 57 heat pts57
space
space
$8,436 | Props total: 852 852
Michael Jordan = 6 Finals appearances with 6 rings and 6 Finals MVP Awards.

/thread
 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM         #420
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
Michael Jordan = 6 Finals appearances with 6 rings and 6 Finals MVP Awards.

/thread
See, that's always the argument for Jordan when this topic is brought up, he's accomplished more than Kobe by a lot. So my whole thing was, if this debate is always going on, then the Kobe fans must have some backup to their claim. So I thought maybe the stats might favor Kobe, and seeing the weak stats Kobe has in his first few years, decided to not include those. No, No, Jordan blows him out when stats are used as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
63 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
54 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
86 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
186 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
72 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
160 comments
1 day ago