Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
Video inside Popeyes 16pc Family Meal Challenge
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
OT Ric Flair still in critical condition with 'multiple o..
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The tragic NBA story of Kenny Anderson
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 1999 Throwback: Dame Dash Screams On Kevin Liles For Giving His Artist ..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #401
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 49 49
 Bea5T said:
Kobe in his prime in the eastern conference would have easily been as successful as bron that year

The east was a complete joke after the 2005 pistons. The Celtics were the only elite team Bron had to face

The West in 07-08 had all 8 teams in the playoffs with above 50 wins
Kobe could not beat the Pistons with Shaq, Lebron did it the next year dolo solo and it took 7 games and that game 7 performance is the most dominant performance I have ever witnessed by an in individual player in my personal opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #402
space
space
 Cambury said:
compare lebrons first 10 final games to wades first 12 finals games
Wade was able to use a Shaq who averaged 18 and 10 in the playoffs as a distraction, givin that to use as a distraction there is no tellin what Lebron could have achieved especially in his first finals @ 22 against San Antonio.
 03-03-2012, 12:44 PM         #403
Hurricane24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
AI is a player I personally consider better than Kobe and one of the greatest players of all time, here is a player who is takin the toughest shots @ 6'0 170, but will lead the league in scoring, no one that size has ever been able to or will ever be able to do the same, plus he is part of my unique 4 along with Kidd, Lebron, and Barkley, as the only players I have ever seen in a NBA Finals with out another Hall of Famer to a.ssist them, when it comes to the modern Pistons and Spurs, I dont think the Pistons had one Hall of Famer, and the Spurs I know at least for one of their rings only had 1 Hall of Famer, but their teams were to stacked top to bottom in order for me to consider one of their players for my unique team.
dont forget ai scored so much because he shot so much, i think with all the super fast point gaurds of today ai wouldn't have been as successful, and mt mutumbo(ai's borderline hof teamate) wll eventually make HoF if this gold scam clears up
 5 years ago '04        #404
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
Unless things have changed around here most people look at seasons played instead of age.
I like to use age as a comparison because it seems more fair, when u compare two men, man to man, which is what I aim doing here, its not Lebrons fault Jordan was not as good as him ages 18-21, he needed more development, but this is a man to man comparison and there are no excuses.
 5 years ago '05        #405
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,510 | Props total: 203 203
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Kobe could not beat the Pistons with Shaq, Lebron did it the next year dolo solo and it took 7 games and that game 7 performance is the most dominant performance I have ever witnessed by an in individual player in my personal opinion.

Pistons made the finals the next year

check your facts

Bron beat them in 07(3 years after the pistons beat the lakers) then proceeded to get swept by the spurs, what does that tell you about that pistons team?

and it was game 6 not 7 where Lebron took over

you have no idea what you are talking about
 5 years ago '07        #406
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,259 | Props total: 9914 9914
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Wade was able to use a Shaq who averaged 18 and 10 in the playoffs as a distraction, givin that to use as a distraction there is no tellin what Lebron could have achieved especially in his first finals @ 22 against San Antonio.
So wats the reason him playing so poorly last year? It wasn't even like one game he got his a.ss bust on both sides of the ball for a series. That was an exposure if there ever was one.
 5 years ago '05        #407
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 7 7
All he's missing is some jewelry on his finger(s) and he automatically jumps into the top 5 equation, honestly. If he can win 3+ which is realistic with this team.... he can get into the top 3 discussion when it's all said and done at this rate.

I think with LeBron and how he dominates BOTH ends of the floor and how flawless his overall game is.... 2-3 rings for him would overtake Kobe's 5.

Easier said than done, however. Gotta crawl before you walk. Let's see him get his first.
 03-06-2012, 10:40 AM         #408
Lot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes! Another Jordan vs. Kobe thread

This thread is made in response to a video I seen where Kobe tells someone to redo the all-time great list, and put himself before Jordan. Since I don't really like counting Kobe's early years when comparing him to Jordan. I decided to break their stats down by age.
Since Kobe came right out of highschool and Jordan had the college experience before the NBA. I chose to start it from the age
Jordan was, in his first ‘84-‘85 season, Age 21.

So here's a breakdown of Jordan and Kobe's stats by their same age, who did better each year and who did better in each category.

Regular Season:

[pic - click to view]

Post Season

[pic - click to view]

Regular Season: Jordan did better than Kobe in 9 of the 11 seasons, Kobe did better in one (MJ's '85-'86 short season), and they tied one. Total average of all the years together, Jordan did better in 10 of the categories, and Kobe did better in 2.

Post Season: Jordan did better than Kobe 9 of the 10 seasons, and kobe did better in one, again MJ's '85-'86 short season. Total average of all the years together, Jordan did better in 9 of the categories, and Kobe did better in 3.

Last edited by Lot; 03-06-2012 at 11:15 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #409
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$27,774 | Props total: 8481 8481
Battle for the ages? That's like saying Ali vs butterbean is the battle of the ages
 5 years ago '11        #410
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,600 | Props total: 341 341
Another MJ vs Kobe thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #411
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,440 | Props total: 1666 1666
 does any 1 care said:
Another MJ vs Kobe thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #412
28 Gramz 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 3960 3960

[pic - click to view]

03-06-2012, 10:57 AM         #413
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 206 MrSonics said:
jordan played against jewish lawyers and future doctors
kobe playin against freak athletes who were built for this game

kobes range > jordans

kobe > jordan
word

lmao @ those single defenders MJ had to deal with

I dont even want to imagine how many points kobe would score if he had the luxury of playing in the HIGHEST SCORING ERA OF BASKETBALL
 5 years ago '11        #414
Ralph Nautica 65 heat pts65
space
space
$10,161 | Props total: 5326 5326

[pic - click to view]

03-06-2012, 11:08 AM         #415
Lot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Too bad some of you are forgetting the fact that this is a breakdown of all the stats, not just scoring, so with that said, it's still Jordan > Kobe. Only thing Kobe did better was commit less personal fouls and 3P%. Jordan beats him in every other category.

And I was actually trying to be fair with not counting Kobe's early years since his stats aren't even good at that time.
 5 years ago '09        #416
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$34,634 | Props total: 13766 13766
MJ in the postseason my god is he the GOAT!
 5 years ago '07        #417
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,777 | Props total: 1667 1667
Michael Jordan = 6 Finals appearances with 6 rings and 6 Finals MVP Awards.

/thread
 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM         #418
Lot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
Michael Jordan = 6 Finals appearances with 6 rings and 6 Finals MVP Awards.

/thread
See, that's always the argument for Jordan when this topic is brought up, he's accomplished more than Kobe by a lot. So my whole thing was, if this debate is always going on, then the Kobe fans must have some backup to their claim. So I thought maybe the stats might favor Kobe, and seeing the weak stats Kobe has in his first few years, decided to not include those. No, No, Jordan blows him out when stats are used as well.
 5 years ago '04        #419
UF4Soldier 124 heat pts124
space
space
$18,170 | Props total: 1658 1658
hmmm he said see kobe play during that era in the 80s hed never have that cross over or never be able to watch and learn jordans fade away or any other players he got his game from...
 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM         #420
Nate187um  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the final product > the prototype
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mike Tyson's 5 best knockouts with 1 punch
50 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When Did Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Get Butt Injections To Protect Her Ra..
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
she definitely doesn't skip leg day
24 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kid Slaps Alexa Bliss Ass at WWE Live Event
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Cardi B buys a new car
196 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Christian School Official Allegedly Told A Boy To "Turn The Other Che..
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GOAT Concept Album with a Story/Narrative?
50 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MoviePass UNLIMITED* MOVIES IN THEATERS. Now $9.95/MONTH.
205 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy