Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

most viewed right now
 174
Image(s) inside George Bush is a fool :mjlol:
75 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 156
NFL When trying to be hip and cool on ESPN goes terribly wrong
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 102
Mto: r.i.p. washed up struggle rapper chief keefs career
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Jan 20 - Trumpís WhiteHouse.Gov Disappears Civil Rights, Climate Change, LGBT ..
85 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 5 years ago '06        #381
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
I'll actually take this argument serious (not that I think its even close) because here's whey: if you take all the things LBJ does well, and don't look at any of the negatives, he is the greatest player of all time. Period. Yes I said it. Check this...

3rd all time in PPG (apparently), dominated the game at a young age, can score at will, does score at will, best athlete to ever play, great defense, can score from all over the court, highly skilled passer, makes his teammates better, great ball handler, finisher at the rim, great rebounder from the SF position. There is nothing that LBJ can't do. He even added a post game this year.

But when you add in the negatives, he gets knocked WAY down. Bad FT shooter, doesn't tend it hit the clutch clutch shots, not a great mid range, or 3 pt shooter when paint is clogged, not a great on ball defender, doesnt take big shots when opportunities present themselves, cowers in the too many finals/playoff games, seems to quit actually...doesn't seem to have the will to win/killer instinct...blew a championship last year

With MJ, he has most of those great things, and his negative list is this long:

Takes bad shots, not a great 3 pt shooter...thats it.

Thats why MJ is better. Ill do Kobe too:

Takes bad shots....thats it.

Thats why Kobe>LBJ.

/thread.
 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM         #382
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nothing. im not even sure mj is a greater scorer. if u know sports, u know lebron gets 30 by accident and can average 40 if he wanted to.....................

lebron's on pace to be the greatest ever and is already the greatest talent ever
 5 years ago '06        #383
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,625 | Props total: 0 0
rings
respect
leader
icon
 5 years ago '11        #384
chenkcity 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$737 | Props total: 21 21
win??
 5 years ago '11        #385
chenkcity 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$737 | Props total: 21 21
 raw51188 said:
I'll actually take this argument serious (not that I think its even close) because here's whey: if you take all the things LBJ does well, and don't look at any of the negatives, he is the greatest player of all time. Period. Yes I said it. Check this...

3rd all time in PPG (apparently), dominated the game at a young age, can score at will, does score at will, best athlete to ever play, great defense, can score from all over the court, highly skilled passer, makes his teammates better, great ball handler, finisher at the rim, great rebounder from the SF position. There is nothing that LBJ can't do. He even added a post game this year.

But when you add in the negatives, he gets knocked WAY down. Bad FT shooter, doesn't tend it hit the clutch clutch shots, not a great mid range, or 3 pt shooter when paint is clogged, not a great on ball defender, doesnt take big shots when opportunities present themselves, cowers in the too many finals/playoff games, seems to quit actually...doesn't seem to have the will to win/killer instinct...blew a championship last year

With MJ, he has most of those great things, and his negative list is this long:

Takes bad shots, not a great 3 pt shooter...thats it.

Thats why MJ is better. Ill do Kobe too:

Takes bad shots....thats it.

Thats why Kobe>LBJ.

/thread.
this.

lebron is the greatest athlete ever, best at alot of things but he lacks 3 very important things and thats:

mental toughness and a pair of fu*king balls.
 5 years ago '09        #386
NLSP42 139 heat pts139
space
avatar space
space
$6,250 | Props total: 4023 4023
Higher PPG
Higher steals per game
Higher free throw percentage...I mean come on
Higher 3 point percentage
Defensive player of the year>
Scoring titels>
Steals leader >
Ummmmm 6 rings> ohhhh no wait he said they are going to win 7 in a row :laughing19:
Field Goal percentage>
Finals MVP > OH wait....you have to win a finals to get that
All team defense >
Jordan never lost in the olympics>
Oh wait he also never lost in the finals

Bye Bye d!ck licker :hay:
 02-27-2012, 11:17 AM         #387
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe Bryant scored the points in less playing time than Jordan.

 5 years ago '08        #388
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,808 | Props total: 591 591
kids these days
 02-28-2012, 03:15 PM         #389
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NLSP42 said:
Higher PPG
Higher steals per game
Higher free throw percentage...I mean come on
Higher 3 point percentage
Defensive player of the year>
Scoring titels>
Steals leader >
Ummmmm 6 rings> ohhhh no wait he said they are going to win 7 in a row :laughing19:
Field Goal percentage>
Finals MVP > OH wait....you have to win a finals to get that
All team defense >
Jordan never lost in the olympics>
Oh wait he also never lost in the finals

Bye Bye d!ck licker :hay:
all in the highest scoring/sh*tty defensive era of basketball with MAN defense

@ having to worry about getting past 1 short slow defender

mj had it made
 5 years ago '04        #390
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$1,453 | Props total: 48 48
From the day he was drafted @ age 21 up until he was 27 when he made his first championship appearance and won his first championship Jordan averaged 31.5 pts 5.9 reb 5.5 ast and 2.7 stls, from age 18-27 Lebron has averaged 27.7 pts, 7.2 reb, 7.0 ast, and 1.7 stls, by the time they were 27 they both had two MVP's, but Jordan also had a Defensive player of the Year, at the age of 27 Jordan made and won his first NBA Finals, Lebron is 27 now and if you believe like I believe this year he will be in his 3rd NBA Finals and win his first if so and combined with the fact that he is having the best season in NBA history based on efficiency rating with a 33.27 of course he would have to finish the season that way, the highest single season efficiency rating is Jordan in 87-88 with a 31.71 the NBA did not start tracking turnovers until 1977, if Lebron can end the season that way I think we have to consider whether there has ever been a player to accomplish the things Lebron has at the age he has done it at.

I just wanted to get you guy's opinion on this.
 5 years ago '07        #391
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,262 | Props total: 9872 9872
n*ggas is desperate
 5 years ago '06        #392
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
avatar space
space
$31,927 | Props total: 6 6


enough

inb4kobeisbetter()
 5 years ago '11        #393
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
avatar space
space
$22,659 | Props total: 8 8
but kobe is better

and no im not a kobe stan cuz i hate all these n*ggas

AI >>>>>>>
 5 years ago '08        #394
bkid 118 heat pts118
space
avatar space
space
$8,635 | Props total: 1607 1607
didnt know Lebron's efficency rating this season was the highest in nba history
 5 years ago '04        #395
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$1,453 | Props total: 48 48
 Cambury said:
n*ggas is desperate
You sayin this is not a valid discussion one thing you can say about Lebron is when he was in the finals @ 22 he disappointed also @ 26 he disappointed, but the fact does remain that when he was in Cleveland the best player he ever played with was Mo Williams, and not even Jordan could question his character on these things because he was never under such stress cause he was not able to make his first finals until he 27, and he was playing with Pippen since age 24, these are the facts and I would like to discuss them.
 5 years ago '04        #396
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,409 | Props total: 27 27
Unless things have changed around here most people look at seasons played instead of age.
 5 years ago '07        #397
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$38,262 | Props total: 9872 9872
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
You sayin this is not a valid discussion one thing you can say about Lebron is when he was in the finals @ 22 he disappointed also @ 26 he disappointed, but the fact does remain that when he was in Cleveland the best player he ever played with was Mo Williams, and not even Jordan could question his character on these things because he was never under such stress cause he was not able to make his first finals until he 27, and he was playing with Pippen since age 24, these are the facts and I would like to discuss them.
compare lebrons first 10 final games to wades first 12 finals games
 5 years ago '04        #398
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$1,453 | Props total: 48 48
 bkid said:
didnt know Lebron's efficency rating this season was the highest in nba history
You know now, thats what I am here for to present the facts, Barkley knows but he want say it cause he wants to look like a genius, instead he will say Lebron is playing better than anyone he has seen play since a young Jordan, but I have heard him put Lebron into questiuon unfairly in years past, Ive also known his accomplishments were unique to the world for years, if he does more or accomplishes more by age 27 than Jordan, than no one has the right to question him, if Jordan can not question him on something cause he did not have to deal with that stress at that age no one can.
 5 years ago '04        #399
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$1,453 | Props total: 48 48
 PG-13 said:


enough

inb4kobeisbetter()
In order to qualify you would have had to be the leader of your team and Shaq was the leader of that team, I remember a Kobe Bryant in between Shaq and Gasol that could not get out the first round gave up on his team one game and refused to shoot the ball, and I remember him getting off a private plane in Chicago cause he was considering leaving the Lakers and always demanding a trade or trying to trade his teammates, kobe fans have short term memory, Kobe could not do what Lebron did with that Cavilers Team, the best player he ever played with there was Mo Williams.
 5 years ago '05        #400
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,509 | Props total: 148 148
Jordan didn't have a wade and a bosh in his first 3 peat
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside British Caramel Crumpet - Aruba J @aruwba
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Youtuber Agrees To S3xtape If She Gets 1 Million Subscribers
160 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Grown Woman.....
60 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Jan 19 - The Official Inauguration Of The 45th Pres. Of The U.S Thread
1107 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside I Dare You To Use This Pickup Line
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Kanye got Adidas out here selling Reebok's
27 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Ooh he's snitchin
18 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
The FULL court complaint by NYPD against TAXSTONE (he screwed)
143 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy