PSN outage 'goodwill gesture' includes a free download, 30 days free PlayStation Plus

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
Sony cant win from losing...

This is unacceptable from ANY system
 05-01-2011, 11:58 AM         #62
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"So sworry"
 7 years ago '04        #63
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 kuruption said:
Before I call this a total fanboy statement please explain.
Im just saying we dont pay for PSN (not counting Qriocity, PSN +, or netflix) im talking bout the basic PS 3 user like myself... I dont feel i am owed any compensation personally because I didnt pay any money for my PSN usage...people who have PSN +, Qriocity, or Hulu plus should get reimbursed for their money, but the people who just use their PS 3 to go online like myself I dont feel like we should be freeloaders and expect compensation is my point...
 05-01-2011, 12:04 PM         #64
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have PSN+, not the whole year 1, just tried the 3 month. SO I'm glad they extended it.
 7 years ago '04        #65
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Da Ill One said:
Im just saying we dont pay for PSN (not counting Qriocity, PSN +, or netflix) im talking bout the basic PS 3 user like myself... I dont feel i am owed any compensation personally because I didnt pay any money for my PSN usage...people who have PSN +, Qriocity, or Hulu plus should get reimbursed for their money, but the people who just use their PS 3 to go online like myself I dont feel like we should be freeloaders and expect compensation is my point...
Fair enough. I guess they didn't have to do anything, but from a business perspective they had to do something.
 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM         #66
N Nyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so probably a free $5 download. woooohoooo
 05-01-2011, 12:36 PM         #67
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigPervy said:
Bullsh*t dude. The fact that they known for over a week that peoples credit cards and personal information was hacked and failed to notified them was an epic failure on Sony's part. So yeah they do fu*king owe. They owe alot. I've had my identity stolen before and its not fun at all trying to get your life, credit and records back on track from thieves. It can take fu*king years to recover from something like this (6 years to get my stuff 98% cleared). So I think Sony hasn't done enough to fix this issue.
I think they needed to proof before they went ahead and confirmed. Why would they would they have an investigation then?

Whats the point of confirming anything when they have no idea how it was done.

Yes they do owe Psn+ users because they paid money to sony. For you non psn+ user, they didn't owe you sh*t. Its just smart thing to do.

If your do however get money stolen, they should be reimburse if your bank can't save you.

They moved the server, beefed up security, giving sh*t away, co-operating with authorities, what more do you want them to do?

I'm sorry you got your identity stolen that must be hard but be reasonable.

Sony didn't sell your data, it was stolen. If you loan something to friend, they place it in a vault and someone else broken stole it.....Are you gonna be mad at your friend?

Last edited by Youngray22; 05-01-2011 at 12:48 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #68
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
 QualityRecords said:
Sure they do, I had to go to the bank and cancel my debit card because of this bullsh*t. Then they're only going to "consider" providing credit monitoring? That's bullsh*t. We trusted Sony with our information and we shouldn't have to worry about it being stolen. They didn't immediately alert people as to what was happening and then they still are trying to say they aren't sure if credit card info was taken. I call BS on that. If you ask me they aren't doing enough.
Don't blame sony, who you're mad at is the people who stole your information.

ANYTHING is hackable.

Exactly, you trusted Sony with you info, but you SHOULD have been smart enough to understand the risks with giving out your information and to anybody for that matter.
 7 years ago '10        #69
jbn2233 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$962 | Props total: 174 174
I fail to understand how a major corporation like Sony allowed hackers to easily steal all their info and crash their systems. With all the money they have you'd think they would have the top of the line security...
 7 years ago '10        #70
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15694 15694
so they r just now hiring a Chief of Information Security ...How do u have peoples personal information at hand and not have top notch secuity to make sure no one can access this information

Sony is f'kn up.
 7 years ago '10        #71
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
They paying for the netflix i missed out on too?
 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM         #72
Adonis Tha God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Free Users shouldn't get sh*t... I don't see what the big deal is, most PSN users don't buy/pay for anything... They share downloadable content, and don't pay for memberships... Sony owes them nothing; the plus member yea, but that's where it ends...
 05-01-2011, 02:22 PM         #73
yg23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man it was a breach of security.

Your data can be used against you. Like yo your email and your pass are probably on that database. They could log into your paypal and steal money from you. :hmm:
 7 years ago '04        #74
matik23 
space
space
$1,842 | Props total: 126 126
 Nautilus O said:
They paying for the netflix i missed out on too?
You can still watch netflix on it. Just keep logging in while netflix loads. Ain't no way I was skipping my No Reservations series.
 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM         #75
omega_red536 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they owe me since i was one of those who got hacked they contacted me telling me that i was hacked and they are still unsure if my credit card info wasnt stolen and to watch my statements

... and im also on psn+
 7 years ago '04        #76
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4424 4424
will i have to put my credit card info in to get the free month of playstation plus
 7 years ago '04        #77
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4424 4424
 Adonis Tha God said:
Free Users shouldn't get sh*t... I don't see what the big deal is, most PSN users don't buy/pay for anything... They share downloadable content, and don't pay for memberships... Sony owes them nothing; the plus member yea, but that's where it ends...
stfu i have probably bought about $150 of dlc this year alone off psn and i refuse to pay for ps plus
 7 years ago '04        #78
thabigo 
space
space
$8,076 | Props total: 102 102

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #79
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 3136 3136
 kuruption said:
I don't think you can do it online until the PSN comes back up.
i know, but whenever it is back up, where do we go to do the email validation bs?
 7 years ago '04        #80
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
dont know if this was posted but how about a year of free credit and identity theft monitoring SONY?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago