PSN outage 'goodwill gesture' includes a free download, 30 days free PlayStation Plus

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 kuruption said:
Apples and Oranges. It's not Dell's network, but that was a nice try. I'm not even really disagreeing with him totally, but he seems like one of the few Pro Sony guys on here who is pretty much giving them a total pass on all of this like it's no big deal. This is a customer service issue, you actually do have to do something. Their stock has taken a hit albeit small and I know for a fact that some people have jumped the gun traded in their consoles and got 360s. They are a public company that have to explain sh*t like this to their shareholders and what they are going to do to fix it so they kinda do have to do something.
Your alway crying about something
 7 years ago '06        #42
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 Da Ill One said:
I dont think Sony owed us anything at all actually... But its cool of them to offer people stuff i wont use the free stuff but like I said nice to offer
Bullsh*t dude. The fact that they known for over a week that peoples credit cards and personal information was hacked and failed to notified them was an epic failure on Sony's part. So yeah they do fu*king owe. They owe alot. I've had my identity stolen before and its not fun at all trying to get your life, credit and records back on track from thieves. It can take fu*king years to recover from something like this (6 years to get my stuff 98% cleared). So I think Sony hasn't done enough to fix this issue.
 05-01-2011, 09:09 AM         #43
free meech 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have been using my Netflix on ps3 still..just bypass the login and it still works..
 7 years ago '04        #44
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 BearWalken79 said:
Your alway crying about something
At least you finally said something different. What am I crying about? This issue is not even affecting me so please explain what I'm bi*ching about because I could care less if Sony does anything for me, but for someone who has actually worked in customer service I know it wouldn't be a good look to do nothing.
 7 years ago '04        #45
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
This morning, Kaz Hirai, Shinji Hasejima and Shiro Kambe held a pathetic press conference in Japan to discuss the current PSN outage. They might as well have played James Brown's classic song "Talkin' Loud And Saying Nothing" for two hours. Here are the "highlights"

In a nutshell, they don't know much of anything about the hack. They estimate as many as 10 million users personal data was exposed but now claim there is no proof any credit card data was stolen.

They are moving the PSN Data Center to a new "more secure" location and created a new position, Chief Information Security Officer, to oversee future security.

They made a point to say that PSN passwords were not encrypted but were hashed.

They hope to have some services re-started in a week and full access restored in one month.

There will be a forced system software update that will require all registered PlayStation Network users to change their account passwords before being able to sign into the service. As an added layer of security, that password can only be changed on the same PS3 in which that account was activated, or through validated email confirmation

They also recommend changing your password on any sites you may have used the same password as PSN on.

Affected users will get a free 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus and an unspecified free software download. Qriocity customers will get an extra 30 days of service.

They will deal with PlayStation Plus members and the contents of online wallets on a case-by-case basis.

You can also cancel your account if you wish.

Many questions were asked about the Anonymous attacks and the possible connection to this case but Sony downplayed Anonymous as a minor annoyance at best.

This same information was repeated over and over for two hours. Sony apparently thinks the more times you repeat the same information the more it sounds like you know what you are doing. Unfortunately, to everyone else, they looked like The Keystone Cops.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #46
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
Didnt peep the other thread.. my bad.

a mod can merge or delete.

I'm willing to bet that they will also disable account sharing.

Last edited by DIGI; 05-01-2011 at 09:45 AM..
 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM         #47
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We got to wait another week? which prbly means 2-3 weeks

7 years ago '05        #48
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10775 10775
Sorry but, if I put my trust in you as a company and give you my information to store securely, and that information is compromised, you owe me something... ESPECIALLY if you want to keep my mind share

If someone loans me a PS3, and someone breaks into my house and steals it, I'm pretty sure the homie that loaned it to me would expect reimbursement for that regardless of the circumstance.
 7 years ago '04        #49
space
space
 P-Hill said:
Sorry but, if I put my trust in you as a company and give you my information to store securely, and that information is compromised, you owe me something... ESPECIALLY if you want to keep my mind share

If someone loans me a PS3, and someone breaks into my house and steals it, I'm pretty sure the homie that loaned it to me would expect reimbursement for that regardless of the circumstance.
Stop crying about it
 7 years ago '05        #50
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
They seem really sorry about this.

[pic - click to view]

Shieeeet they better be.
 7 years ago '05        #51
JaiMega 
space
space
By the way Microsoft still owes me 300 dollars.

I'm not crying about it.
 7 years ago '04        #52
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
wtf do they mean some services restarted in a week and full access in a month? will i be able to play online in a week or a month?
 7 years ago '05        #53
JaiMega 
space
space
Initial services include online play yes.

You won't get playstation store anytime soon though.
 7 years ago '04        #54
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,883 | Props total: 2041 2041
 Da Ill One said:
I dont think Sony owed us anything at all actually... But its cool of them to offer people stuff i wont use the free stuff but like I said nice to offer
Really?

If they want people to come back or use their stuff they more often then not offer something free to show a good gesture and well also its just good PR

Its simple business 101, every place everywhere does something like this to make their clients happy.

Get with the times, we aint waiting for mail to show up in a box anymore... we get it in a minute now
 7 years ago '06        #55
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 kuruption said:
At least you finally said something different. What am I crying about? This issue is not even affecting me so please explain what I'm bi*ching about because I could care less if Sony does anything for me, but for someone who has actually worked in customer service I know it wouldn't be a good look to do nothing.
Yep.Now when are you going to stop complaining?
 7 years ago '04        #56
space
space
 BearWalken79 said:
Yep.Now when are you going to stop complaining?
Definition of COMPLAIN
intransitive verb
: to express grief, pain, or discontent <complaining about the weather>
: to make a formal accusation or charge
Saying what they should do is not a complaint. A complaint would be me saying "30 days? That's not good enough" fu*k Sony. Come on, you're smarter than that. Sorry I'm not in every thread sounding like a broken record complaining about fanboys and how great it is to own both systems.

D. Norman said:
Really?

If they want people to come back or use their stuff they more often then not offer something free to show a good gesture and well also its just good PR

Its simple business 101, every place everywhere does something like this to make their clients happy.

Get with the times, we aint waiting for mail to show up in a box anymore... we get it in a minute now
 P-Hill said:

I guess thses guys saying the same sh*t are crying too or are you just sweet on me? fu*k outta here.
 7 years ago '06        #57
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16

I'll accept it
 7 years ago '10        #58
Siccnexss 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
thats some bull sh*t u gotta change your password on the original ps3 that you activated your account on....mines has the fu*ken yellow light of death how the fu*k am i supposed to do that now?
 7 years ago '06        #59
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,427 | Props total: 3137 3137
 Siccnexss said:
thats some bull sh*t u gotta change your password on the original ps3 that you activated your account on....mines has the fu*ken yellow light of death how the fu*k am i supposed to do that now?
I'm in the same boat as u, it says u can also do it by email confirmation but i'm still trying to figure out how that works. Anybody know what site it is that u have to go to to change your password?
 7 years ago '04        #60
space
space
 d4deesnuts said:
I'm in the same boat as u, it says u can also do it by email confirmation but i'm still trying to figure out how that works. Anybody know what site it is that u have to go to to change your password?
I don't think you can do it online until the PSN comes back up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now