20% Of PS3 Owners Are Considering A Switch To The Xbox 360

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-30-2011, 08:37 PM         #61
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
stupid idiots wasting money for xbox live when the psn will be back in a matter of days

online mean that much to you brahs?
if it werent for online play I wouldnt play video games period....

with that said I have an xbox 360 so im good
 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM         #62
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got both and i prefer Xbox live >> psn. I might sell my ps3 thou, iits got a 500gig hard drive with 2 controllers. Not sure how much thou . If you live in so cal n need a ps3 get at me. :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '10        #63
Rot10MilkSteak 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,741 | Props total: 8 8
at ;east ps3 wont get red rings of death on you.
 7 years ago '10        #64
suddath 
space
space
space
$110 | Props total: 69 69
As with most "studies" this one is full of flaws, and complete bullsh*t. First of all, coupons4u? What is that? I'm willing to bet it's not a reputable data firm. Now, let's pick apart their numbers.

2,000 people were polled, of these 2,000 people only 41% OWN A PS3. So were down to 820 people. This is even probably still a high number, because i'm willing to bet this coupons4u has no way of verifying if these people even actually own a ps3. For their sake, let's just say they're right.

So, of these 820 people, 20% said they were CONSIDERING selling their ps3 for an xbox 360. 20% of 820 is 164 people. Only 164 people that are possibly considering selling their ps3. Not that they had, not that they were going to, that they were considering..which probably consisted of mainly people who were online on their computer bc PSN is down, are pissed off and are thinking, sh*t, i should just sell this thing for an xbox.

You get 164 of those people could possibly own a ps3 (not verified) that click some button on a survery and think Sony has a reason to worry? C'mon people. Numbers can be misleading until you read the fine print.
 7 years ago '04        #65
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 suddath said:
As with most "studies" this one is full of flaws, and complete bullsh*t. First of all, coupons4u? What is that? I'm willing to bet it's not a reputable data firm. Now, let's pick apart their numbers.

2,000 people were polled, of these 2,000 people only 41% OWN A PS3. So were down to 820 people. This is even probably still a high number, because i'm willing to bet this coupons4u has no way of verifying if these people even actually own a ps3. For their sake, let's just say they're right.

So, of these 820 people, 20% said they were CONSIDERING selling their ps3 for an xbox 360. 20% of 820 is 164 people. Only 164 people that are possibly considering selling their ps3. Not that they had, not that they were going to, that they were considering..which probably consisted of mainly people who were online on their computer bc PSN is down, are pissed off and are thinking, sh*t, i should just sell this thing for an xbox.

You get 164 of those people could possibly own a ps3 (not verified) that click some button on a survery and think Sony has a reason to worry? C'mon people. Numbers can be misleading until you read the fine print.
Your argument is invalid though man... Doesn't matter if it's 20% of 2,000 (200 people) or 20% of 820 people (164 people) still means 20% of people want to switch from PS 3 to 360...
 7 years ago '06        #66
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 462 462
 edouble2k6 said:
I'll be back to PSN shortly, smh @ people jumping ship over this.

Go outside and get some fresh air in the mean time, it's good for you.
It's been raining here for the past 2 weeks. I'm not going out for fresh air in the pouring rain.
 7 years ago '05        #67
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Triple0 said:
It's been raining here for the past 2 weeks. I'm not going out for fresh air in the pouring rain.
Clearly you're missing the point.
 7 years ago '07        #68
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
switch? DeBarge a.ss motha fu*kas. Get Both.
 7 years ago '04        #69
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
 Triple0 said:
So what your saying is that you haven't been outside in 2 weeks?

7 years ago '10        #70
suddath 
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Your argument is invalid though man... Doesn't matter if it's 20% of 2,000 (200 people) or 20% of 820 people (164 people) still means 20% of people want to switch from PS 3 to 360...
No offense, but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Sample size is EXTREMELY important when publishing a study. Firstly, 20% of 2,000 people would be 400, not 200. Secondly, you need a sample size that's representative of the entire population (in this case population would mean of all people who own a ps3). If you think the number of people in the study don't matter consider this:

If I asked you if vanilla or chocolate was better and you said chocolate, by your logic, since the number of people polled doesn't matter, I could say 50% of people prefer chocolate. Expand the number of people asked that question, and your results get much, much more accurate. Understand?
 7 years ago '10        #71
suddath 
space
space
space
And actually, going back and re-reading the article, I think it's an even smaller number. It says "Over 65% of the PS3 owners in the study said that their faith and trust in Sony had been “greatly affected,” and 21% of them said they were seriously considering selling their PS3 and switching to an Xbox 360 for their online gaming needs."

I read that as of the 65% of ps3 owners who's faith in sony had been greatly affected, 21% of those people were considering selling their ps3's.

If thats the case we have 2,000 people x 41% (people who own ps3's) = 820 x 65% (who's faith in sony had been affected)= 533 x21% (percentage of people considering selling =

a whopping 111 people said they were considering selling their ps3 for a 360.
 04-30-2011, 11:30 PM         #72
gilbydakid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
stupid idiots wasting money for xbox live when the psn will be back in a matter of days

online mean that much to you brahs?
its quite the experience to play online, but you wouldnt know sh*t about that with your 56k.
 7 years ago '06        #73
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 suddath said:
No offense, but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Sample size is EXTREMELY important when publishing a study. Firstly, 20% of 2,000 people would be 400, not 200. Secondly, you need a sample size that's representative of the entire population (in this case population would mean of all people who own a ps3). If you think the number of people in the study don't matter consider this:

If I asked you if vanilla or chocolate was better and you said chocolate, by your logic, since the number of people polled doesn't matter, I could say 50% of people prefer chocolate. Expand the number of people asked that question, and your results get much, much more accurate. Understand?
Sample size does matter, you are right on that, but past the first 100, you begin to get a general idea. Although you could never truly justify the margin of error on any study of people considering to do something and not actually doing it. If 20% pr roughly 20% (in your case) left the ps3 network, then is that not a big enough hit for a self caused blunder on the Networks end.

I'd say.

If you are in the financial division of sony, and someone said they could increase the potential target market by 25% wouldn't you be jizzing in your pants? or would you say, meh..just 25%.

Last edited by TheKastOne; 04-30-2011 at 11:59 PM..
 05-01-2011, 02:01 AM         #74
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMFAO@People still thinking paying for XBOX Live once a year is a waste of money
 05-01-2011, 02:03 AM         #75
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Treylonn said:
If i didnt hate the controller so much i woulda been on 360..
PS3 has the worse controller, but thats just my opinion
 7 years ago '05        #76
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
$41,644 | Props total: 13729 13729
 suddath said:

suddath said:
And actually, going back and re-reading the article, I think it's an even smaller number. It says "Over 65% of the PS3 owners in the study said that their faith and trust in Sony had been “greatly affected,” and 21% of them said they were seriously considering selling their PS3 and switching to an Xbox 360 for their online gaming needs."

I read that as of the 65% of ps3 owners who's faith in sony had been greatly affected, 21% of those people were considering selling their ps3's.

If thats the case we have 2,000 people x 41% (people who own ps3's) = 820 x 65% (who's faith in sony had been affected)= 533 x21% (percentage of people considering selling =

a whopping 111 people said they were considering selling their ps3 for a 360.

[pic - click to view]

05-01-2011, 04:23 AM         #77
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mann187 said:
ps3 controller cant get more perfect
another weekend gone down the drain!!!!!!!!!!
 05-01-2011, 08:24 AM         #78
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ considering it even being a statistic. So 20% considered it...and .05% will do it, if that. PSN is free, period. I'm an xbox owner and I see the appeal in that.

furthermore, sony isn't alone in this. n*ggas could hack microsoft as well, and it would be much worst because EVERYBODY there has credit card info. Microsoft just hasn't pissed off the right groups of folks with computers yet.
 05-01-2011, 09:02 AM         #79
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
Everybody on here knows where I'm from. Since this thread got a hot topic, let me introduce 6000+ Boxden subscribers to who you truly are.

Everyone, I'd like you to meet Michael Uhl from Grand Rapids, MI, also known as 100 Rounds or Ghost Ryder.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Ghost Ryder
 05-01-2011, 11:12 AM         #80
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its no biggie, i dont need to be playing online every day... i've taken a break on it since i coped mortal kombat.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago