Uh oh : Phil jackson : Kobe is as good as michael david stern mvps dont matter theyre the same convo

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
samclo 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$581 | Props total: 116 116
 dre03 said:
So ur admitting Jordan was the Bulls entire offense?? He was their best low post and perimeter player...

I can name you dozens of players who didnt have to share the ball with other players and they didnt achieve Jordan numbers while winning...

Kobe has never had to be his team's entire offense... When Jordan wasnt on the floor his team struggles... Majority of the teams Kobe have been on they only need him for the last minute of the game... They can blow out most opponents but in tight games they need Kobe... Jordan didnt have that luxury... His team needed him every quarter...
Your clearly a hater and know nothing about basketball so I'll just leave it at that.
 7 years ago '06        #62
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
 jhj26 said:
it's simple...look at jordan's competition compared to kobe's competition....

jordan had to go up against the likes of : larry bird, magic johnson, charles barkley, dominique wilkins, clyde drexler, john starks, patrick ewing, hakeem olajawon, john stockton, karl malone, danny ainge, etc....

kobe's competition is....................chris paul

by the time the bulls got pippen and phil jackson and went from being a basic team to a contender, bird was on his way out, magic and the lakers run was ending, barkley and the suns werent even competition to bulls. not to mention, magic, barkley, drexler, hakeem, stockton, and malone were in the western conference so he didnt play them that much if thats were your going with the paul thing.

the rockets could have beat the bulls those two years they won, lets not forget when jordan came back they were knocked out of the playoffs and didnt make the finals.

dominique wilkins was the only one in the league who could put up the same numbers as jordan which is why MJ won so many scoring titles, not to mention there was not a single day in his entire career he wasnt the number 1 option.

dont even try to say john starks and clyde drexler were even close to todays competition, for that matter neither was danny ainge.

now lets look at the players who kobe has had to compete against...Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli just from the spurs...allen iverson and tracy mcgrady who didnt do anything but shoot 30+ times a game part of the reason kobe didnt get more scoring titles...ray allen, paul pierce, kevin garnett just from the celtics....dwight howard, yao ming, chris webber, Dirk, Jason Kidd, shall i continue? cause i've already listed better plays than you did....lebron, derrick rose, d wade, rajon rondo, chris paul, kevin durant, brandon roy, carmelo anthony, chauncy, amare, steve nash...you get the point...
 04-30-2011, 11:33 AM         #63
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
cornel sanders is just saying that because hes getting 10 million a year

read phil jacksons book he rips kobe to shreads his word aint worth sh*t now

shaq sonned phil jackson on this a long time ago
I hope Planned Parenthood doesn't lose it's funding, because if it does, more idiots like you will pass the opportunity of abortion.
 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM         #64
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 samclo said:
Do me a favor and tell me one season where jordan had to share the ball with anyone but himself?
Do me a favor and tell me what his career shooting percentage was and if you were the coach would complain your best player was that effective?
 7 years ago '04        #65
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 Young Professa said:
i love it when people bring jordan's competitino to the likes of Bird and Magic. first of all jordan never defended or was defended by either of them them by position. send of all as he progressed into his prime years, they were both well past their primes. and third, when magic and bird were in their prime years, neither was a defensive stopper by any strecth of the imagination.

so can we please cease the bullsh*t about jordan vs magic/bird when justifying his competition? how about starks, marjele, ainge, richmond, drexler, hornececk, ehlo, and other sg's that kobe would drop 40+ on respectively?

you ain't fooling me....i grew up thru the entire jordan era. stats never tell the entire story
M... Shut yo lying a.ss up u nust have been 2 when Jordan won his first ring... Otherwise u would know Magic was not past his prime when he lost to Jordan... That season was the most he played in a few seasons and was one of his best statistical years and he came in 2nd behind Jordan for MVP... There is no way you can sit here and tell me u watched the Jordan era and dont remember the headlines saying who is the real MVP in that finals... Magic balled his a.ss off that year... It was the most anticipated match up ever in the Finals...The two best players in the sport...

And Retard when we say competition... Nobody is talking about defending one on one... They are talking about winning and losing... Like when u say Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Stockton, Gary Payton, Clyde didnt win a championship because of Jordan... Ur not saying because Jordan shut them down dumbass... Ur saying because Jordan didnt allow his team to lose... Thats what is meant by competition...
 7 years ago '05        #66
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 r.burgundy said:
i said best frontcourt,not best player.
pau,bynum,odom,artest is 1 of tha leagues top 3 frontcourt

and any frontcourt wit prime shaq is automatically top 2.and how was horry declinin?he wasnt even 30 when they won that 1st ring

And you dont think that Kobe has MADE that frontcourt(aside from artest). The same LO was an inconsistent 2nd option? The same Bynum who has been injury plagued and has missed a lot of key games/situations? I already told you what it is with Pau...Artest isnt as good as he was, but he has stepped his game up recently(wonder why )

And you have to be 30 to be declining now? Brandon Roy disagrees with you. If you think Horry was 'beastin' during his time with the lakers, you must have never seen him play with the Rockets
 7 years ago '11        #67
inthezone 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,967 | Props total: 2792 2792
not even an argument
jordan the goat and will always be the goat

phil is just saying that now to give kobe a psychological edge in the playoffs

/ thread

threadstarter prob 18
you have to be 30++ to truly understand how good jordan was
 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM         #68
22k  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Kobe needs motivation to get out of the first round - how many times did elite Jordan need that in the first round?

Phil breaks him down and then builds him back up because Kobe doesn't have the mental toughness to do it without mind games.
 7 years ago '04        #69
samclo 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 ktbballplaya said:
Do me a favor and tell me what his career shooting percentage was and if you were the coach would complain your best player was that effective?
Look guy I'm not tryin to take anything away from jordan. He is arguably the greatest basketball player of all time. What I said was directed to all these stat wh0ores who act as if kobe came into the nba and was asked to do everything for his team he couldn't put up the same if not better numbers.
 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM         #70
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordans numbers were similar to Kobes when he actually faced defenses that allowed a similar PPG/FG%

#justsayin
 7 years ago '08        #71
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Its funny how jordan lovers can only post that infochart and that same long paragraph everytime. Monkey see, monkey do...
 7 years ago '07        #72
j_k1dd 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,765 | Props total: 565 565
 22k said:
Phil breaks him down and then builds him back up because Kobe doesn't have the mental toughness to do it without mind games.
Oh so your Kobe's psychiatrist?
 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM         #73
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of hate in dis thread.

Kobe is GOAT.
 7 years ago '07        #74
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 astroblack9 said:
And you dont think that Kobe has MADE that frontcourt(aside from artest). The same LO was an inconsistent 2nd option? The same Bynum who has been injury plagued and has missed a lot of key games/situations? I already told you what it is with Pau...Artest isnt as good as he was, but he has stepped his game up recently(wonder why )

And you have to be 30 to be declining now? Brandon Roy disagrees with you. If you think Horry was 'beastin' during his time with the lakers, you must have never seen him play with the Rockets
wtf r u talkin about lol?
how exactly did kobe make tha frontcourt?

when robert horry loses cartilage in both his knees like roy,then holla at me.horry neva missed more than a few games a season wit l.a and that u would imply he was somehow beastin wit tha rockets really shows u kno jack sh*t about ball
 7 years ago '07        #75
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 samclo said:
Look guy I'm not tryin to take anything away from jordan. He is arguably the greatest basketball player of all time. What I said was directed to all these stat wh0ores who act as if kobe came into the nba and was asked to do everything for his team he couldn't put up the same if not better numbers.
tha years he was asked to carry tha team he demanded a trade a and blamed all tha loses on smush parker
 7 years ago '05        #76
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 r.burgundy said:
wtf r u talkin about lol?
how exactly did kobe make tha frontcourt?

when robert horry loses cartilage in both his knees like roy,then holla at me.horry neva missed more than a few games a season wit l.a and that u would imply he was somehow beastin wit tha rockets really shows u kno jack sh*t about ball

wow...go watch highlights of Horry displaying his athleticism...dunkin on n*ggas and having 'light feet'...

and howd Kobe make his current front court better? Uh, i thought that was evidenced by the fact that L.O. wasnt sh*t as 1 option, Pau was a failure, Artest was a career loser, and Bynum was a young inexperienced center with no toughness n injury problems....but yeah, kobe doesnt make any1 better

your hate is blinding you...
 7 years ago '04        #77
samclo 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
tha years he was asked to carry tha team he demanded a trade a and blamed all tha loses on smush parker
What does any of that have to do with kobes level of play?
 7 years ago '06        #78
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,901 | Props total: 1212 1212
lmao @ kobe stans...

he's not better than jordan. nothing more needs to b said. cry about it.
 7 years ago '06        #79
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,901 | Props total: 1212 1212
 astroblack9 said:

wow...go watch highlights of Horry displaying his athleticism...dunkin on n*ggas and having 'light feet'...

and howd Kobe make his current front court better? Uh, i thought that was evidenced by the fact that L.O. wasnt sh*t as 1 option, Pau was a failure, Artest was a career loser, and Bynum was a young inexperienced center with no toughness n injury problems....but yeah, kobe doesnt make any1 better

your hate is blinding you...
...kobe doesn't make his teammates better.
 7 years ago '04        #80
samclo 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 Bouncer said:
lmao @ kobe stans...

he's not better than jordan. nothing more needs to b said. cry about it.
Alright tell me why he's not without bringing up stats.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago