Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM         #1
6338 pageviews
62 comments

Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Prodigy Says He Almost Fought Jay-Z Years Ago

[pic - click to view]

Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy, who recently published his autobiography 'My Infamous Life: The Autobiography of Mobb Deep's Prodigy,' is revealing some more controversial anecdotes about his life while promoting his new read.

Though the diminutive, sickle-cell-stricken MC is on the losing side of his long history with rap beef, that hasn't stopped him from attempting to draw out even bigger fish, announcing at a recent book signing in Washington D.C., that he had "almost" fought hip-hop mogul Jay-Z outside of Diddy's now-shuttered eatery Justin's, in 2001.

Fans will remember that Jay infamously aired out the Mobb Deep rapper at Hot 97's Summer Jam that year, throwing photos up on the big screens during his performance of 'The Takeover,' depicting a young "Ballerina P" decked out in a leotard and sparkling jacket.

Several months later, Prodigy apparently attempted to exact his revenge, after insulting Jay in a magazine interview. "Sometime after that little statement I made about him, Jay-Z put out the song called 'The Takeover' and he did the Summer Jam," Prodigy revealed at the signing. "Had my picture up when I was a little kid at my grandmother's dance school. I thought I was Michael Jackson. Aight, so cool. That was funny to me. I didn't even take offense to that. That was just funny to me. My whole problem was a whole 'nother thing."

Upon hearing that Jay was dining at Justin's, Prodigy and his crew, which he estimated at 10 to 15 strong, went to the restaurant to confront the Roc-A-Fella rapper.

"We surrounded the front door so he couldn't get out without seeing us. So I'm standing there waiting to see him and finally he comes from back somewhere," Prodigy explained. "Him and Jermaine Dupri come walking. Jermaine sees us and he was out. Jay's standing there with two bodyguards approaching us ... He puts his hand out, like this, and comes walking up to me like this to shake my hand. So I'm looking at him like I could just really treat him like a rag dog right now like for real. So I shook his hand, 'What's up man?' He was like 'Yo listen, it ain't no beef. It's just music. Let's keep it just music. There's no problems, son. I just wish you would have came and told me how you felt to my face instead of putting it in a magazine.' And I'm like 'Alright cool, there ain't no beef. We can keep it just music.' And I had thought about it real quick. Cause I'm thinking about how I could just really overpower him right now with the security and all that."

While it doesn't exactly sound like Prodigy came out on top on that one, his book is in stores now, with plenty more thug anecdotes.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.theboombox.com .. y-z-years-ago/

62 comments for "Prodigy Says He Almost Fought Jay-Z Years Ago"

7 years ago '04        #2
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2221 2221
is it just me or does every prodigy conflict end this way??? Seems like he lets everything slide..
 7 years ago '05        #3
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 BastardChild said:

[pic - click to view]

that sh*t was gully right there.
 7 years ago '04        #4
myersjavon 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$278 | Props total: 55 55
 bibbyboi said:
is it just me or does every prodigy conflict end this way??? Seems like he lets everything slide..
No it ain't u either he gets bi*ched n let's it slide or he has a excuse y he didn't do what he said he would even when he claims to have the heat on him
 7 years ago '06        #5
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8652 8652
jayz is a cool punk whether you believe what prodigy is saying or not.

this pretty much a tell-all book
 7 years ago '08        #6
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
 bibbyboi said:
Its not just you this n*gga ALMOST does everything in his book. He was always ABOUT to do something
 7 years ago '08        #7
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
j.d. musta ran track in highschool...he's superfast
 7 years ago '08        #8
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2676 2676
"We surrounded the front door so he couldn't get out without seeing us. So I'm standing there waiting to see him and finally he comes from back somewhere," Prodigy explained. "Him and Jermaine Dupri come walking. Jermaine sees us and he was out. Jay's standing there with two bodyguards approaching us ... He puts his hand out, like this, and comes walking up to me like this to shake my hand. So I'm looking at him like I could just really treat him like a rag dog right now like for real. So I shook his hand, 'What's up man?' He was like 'Yo listen, it ain't no beef. It's just music. Let's keep it just music. There's no problems, son. I just wish you would have came and told me how you felt to my face instead of putting it in a magazine.' And I'm like 'Alright cool, there ain't no beef. We can keep it just music.' And I had thought about it real quick. Cause I'm thinking about how I could just really overpower him right now with the security and all that."

lmao
jay is 6'1. this n*gga P is like 5'8 150 SOAKING wet.
this n*gga has to be the most delusional n*gga EVER.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,447 | Props total: 25137 25137
...Sound Like The Story I Had Type Up In The Prodigy Story Thread. Damn I Should of Posted It..
 7 years ago '04        #10
BigJay.inc 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,814 | Props total: 20468 20468
he is DEFINITELY selling this book tho....gotta admit that....just wish they would put that Mobb album out tho...much rather read a book i could learn from than sh*t like this...
 04-29-2011, 07:07 PM         #11
Yelsgnik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigJay.inc said:
he is DEFINITELY selling this book tho....gotta admit that....just wish they would put that Mobb album out tho...much rather read a book i could learn from than sh*t like this...
whose pic is that in your avy
 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM         #12
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this n*gga p turned his self into a regular n y rapper with this book
 7 years ago '04        #13
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2410 2410
P would need 15 n*ggas with him to do any damage......... even when he got Saigon jumped he still got his a.ss whooped and his head almost knocked off by Sai.... delusional lil n*gga to the very end....
 7 years ago '05        #14
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
i heard prodigy was gonna k!ll obama but then he was like ''what should i do? shoot him in the leg or the head'', then he was like ''nah imma let it slide and get some kool-aid'' obama was so close to death and he never knew........
 7 years ago '06        #15
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
i need this book
 7 years ago '06        #16
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
need this book
 7 years ago '07        #17
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
This damn book is Destroyin lives day in an day out ma n*gga....hollaayy..
 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM         #18
Robby Digital  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Though the diminutive, sickle-cell-stricken MC is on the losing side of his long history with rap beef
for some reason this sentence got me dying..
 04-29-2011, 09:10 PM         #19
ace8705  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k how much this n*gga weighs...stand like a man. which doesn't necessarily mean punching a n*gga on site. say how u feel and react when u honestly feel like you've been played. win lose or draw
 7 years ago '06        #20
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 ace8705 said:
fu*k how much this n*gga weighs...stand like a man. which doesn't necessarily mean punching a n*gga on site. say how u feel and react when u honestly feel like you've been played. win lose or draw
But tha's the issue. He never did that in any situation he was presented with. Altho he likes to make himself out as if he did. And everybody else was about to get it, but he let it slide. His story telling was entertaining, but his crediblity is not believable.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now