Think i over did the weights, hurts to straighthen my arm out.

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
70 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
15 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
32783 pageviews
24 comments

SupaMann 47 heat pts47
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 1201 1201
Think i over did the weights, hurts to straighthen my arm out.

Recently signed up for a membership to help motivate my girlfriend. I'm pretty much ok with my size but don't mind toning up.

So I've been doing mostly cardio nothing big because I used to run alot in high school. So I went to hit some hits. I did do some curls but left as soon as my girl was ready to go.

Next morning I feel the soarness. Which i figure would be natural until i pick up a routine and give it a rest for that day.

Now today, it still aches in the biceps. Like if i try to extend my right arm out it hurts too much. Whats going on? Should I massage it? Hurts too much to ignore.

Kinda wanted to go back in on it but I think its too soon. What do you guys suggest?

24 comments for "Think i over did the weights, hurts to straighthen my arm out."

7 years ago '08        #2
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 1 1
Soreness can last more then a day.
 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM         #3
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManOfSteel23 said:
Soreness can last more then a day.
This.

At the end of 08 when I started lifting serious again and tried to jump back into a routine I had done 9 months earlier minus a carton a week and god only knows how much alcohol I fu*kED my arms up. Couldn't fully extend them for like a week and my arms were straight swollen.
 7 years ago '09        #4
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
I remember my first day after the gym.. hit them smith machines like a pro cause I was scared of the free weights

I walked out of the gym like I was doing the stanky leg, that hacksquat machine and leg extensions k!lled my a.ss. Next day I couldn't walk, infact next 3 days I couldn't walk. Every couple of steps one of my legs would give out. It's normal

I got this same feeling after my first day of jiu jitsu, whole fu*king body was aching the day befor. Calves, quads, hamstrings, back, chest and triceps. sh*t kicked my a.ss. When you introduce your body to resistance training it's never done befor it will be sore as fu*k
 7 years ago '04        #5
vman51 
space
space
$1,254 | Props total: 0 0
micro-tears caused DOMS (delayed onset muscle soarness..do some research on it if you're interested), it happens to everyone, especially when just starting out

let it rest for a bit, if it still feels weird after a week, go get it checked out
 7 years ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
your fine. just let your body recover and then go back to do it again
 7 years ago '04        #7
shortz 37 heat pts37
space
space
space
$6,621 | Props total: 1543 1543
i always thought it was tendinitis my sh*t be da same way after not working out for 2-3 years...i was hella shaky felt like i was gonna throw up...next day couldnt straighten out fully both my arms...but after a while it goes away....a nice hot shower sum lil stretching nu b coo
 7 years ago '07        #8
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
might hav a tear in your bicep.give it about a week.wrap tha arm in a really hot towel wit some epsom salt.that will help
 7 years ago '09        #9
ketamine18 2 heat pts
space
space
$502 | Props total: 44 44
everytime i workout the next day is perfectly fine.. its the day after that is brutal and its still sore the day after that. and everytime i first get back into the gym im sore for like 5 days afterwards. its normal dont worry man.
 7 years ago '06        #10
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,971 | Props total: 13594 13594
 Laduerb22 said:
This dude is just actin like a pus*y. "my arm hurts, what should i do"
/thread
i had a feeling somebody would say somrthing like this
 7 years ago '10        #11
prettyklever 121 heat pts121
space
space
$3,773 | Props total: 1175 1175
 vman51 said:
micro-tears caused DOMS (delayed onset muscle soarness..do some research on it if you're interested), it happens to everyone, especially when just starting out

let it rest for a bit, if it still feels weird after a week, go get it checked out
This is exactly what it is... Basically you're muscles are getting micro-tears because new muscle are growing underneath. This should happen to everyone their first time if they worked out right.
 7 years ago '09        #12
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
got back in the gym after a long a.ss layoff in february

first day did chest and tri's

chest was sore to the point i couldn't lift my arms above my head

all that did was make my hungy to hit the weights harder the next time
 7 years ago '08        #13
Snappy 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$727 | Props total: 1 1
no offense but you sound like the biggest pus*y ever

you're supposed to be sore

now rest up and go again and again

dont tell your girl how sore you are or she'll leave you for me
 7 years ago '09        #14
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
happend to me years ago. I couldnt straighten my arms and it hurt like a bi*ch when I did. It lasted about 4 days before it went away. Remember spent a good 5-10 minutes stretching and warming up before workouts.
 7 years ago '09        #15
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 pkilla111 said:
if u jus started out course u gona be sore. let it rest till it feel better than take it slow
yeah...cosign

my boy stopped going to the gym for like 2 years and then he wanted to go to the gym with me, we did some preacher curls and dude was bi*ching about his arm being sore for like 3 or 4 day....best thing to do is give the arm some rest but you still can go to the gym to work on your squats, deadlift, and maybe military press when your biceps feel a little better
 7 years ago '10        #16
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3745 3745
That's how it was for me after lurking this section going through threads and taking notes.

You'll be iight like the rest said, just chill on the arm for a bit.

Good look to all y'all that dropped knowledge in the old threads and shout out to the fu*ker that went in on me about me being on my bullsh*t.

Edit: Just saw the date this was made, nevermind.

Last edited by aka ReeSe; 05-13-2011 at 12:36 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #17
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2526 2526
That's why when I start up I only work out one body part (HARD) a week.

Legs on Mon, Chest on Tues, Back on Wed, Shoulders and Traps on Thurs, and Arms on Fri...

That way I'd give my muscles plenty of time to heal until that DOMS wasn't as debilitating... But good luck... Just don't let it discourage you... Push through it, but be careful. Makes sure you stretch, and I found that doing cardio loosened me up quite a bit too. I remember after I hit legs I couldn't even get off the damn toilet because I was too sore... Didn't matter though... Couldn't get discouraged
 7 years ago '04        #18
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,059 | Props total: 405 405
massage it with some Arnica gel...don't get back to the gym before you feel NO pain at all...
 7 years ago '05        #19
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,107 | Props total: 234 234
 Laduerb22 said:
This dude is just actin like a pus*y. "my arm hurts, what should i do"
/thread
Lol word wtf
 7 years ago '08        #20
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,970 | Props total: 7388 7388
ALWAYS STRETCH before u lift weights. It makes a huge difference. And give it 48 hrs if u had a real good workout. Eat good food with protein while u heal. Some damn advil wouldn't hurt either.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
29 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy