Apr 27 - EF5 Tornado In Birmingham,AL - killing at least 249 |video

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
11741 pageviews
99 comments

Exs 153 heat pts153
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1358 1358
Apr 27 - EF5 Tornado In Birmingham,AL - k!lling at least 249 |video

[video - click to view]

Extended youtube vid

[video - click to view]

FIRST VIDEO OF DAMAGE image

[video - click to view]

TUSCALOOSA, AL (RNN) - An especially violent spring storm tore through the state of Alabama on Wednesday, tearing a path of destruction across the state and k!lling at least 50 people.

In Tuscaloosa, a mile-wide tornado k!lled 15 people and injured hundreds, tossing boats from a store into an apartment complex, ripping holes in rooftops, and destroying a swath of retail establishments along a busy street.

Hundreds of buildings and homes were leveled by the tornado, and Monday night there were fears more victims could be buried beneath the rubble.

Tuscaloosa Mayor Walter Maddox says he expects the numbers of casualties to rise. Maddox planned to meet with members of the City Council to pass emergency powers, including a curfew, if necessary.

The tornado barely missed the campus of the University of Alabama, although several off-campus housing complexes were damaged or destroyed.

Michael Neese, 21, a junior at the university, was in his apartment off 15th Street when the tornado passed by.

"It was like a white cloud just twirling in the parking lot next door to me," he said. "It tore Tuscaloosa up. All of 15th Street is gone."

Classes were canceled at the university, located near the heart of Tuscaloosa. The university student newspaper, The Crimson White, reported power outages across campus. The university designated a student recreation center as a shelter for displaced students.

At nearby Druid City Hospital, windows were blown out of several patient rooms and a waiting area, although the hospital is still able to treat patients.

"It was kind of a glancing blow," said Brad Fischer, communications director at DCH. "We're on emergency power. It took the main line that comes from the grid into the hospital, so we will be on emergency power for awhile."

Fischer said the hospital was starting to receive the injured, but he couldn't comment on the extent of the injuries yet.

In Birmingham, the tornado cut an imposing figure along the city's downtown skyline.

The concourse at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport was evacuated as the severe weather moved east. Passengers were moved to a lower level of the airport and rescreened after the storm cleared.

Several people had to be rescued when an apartment roof collapsed in north Birmingham.

In all, 11 people died in Jefferson County and officials expect that number to rise.

Mark Kelly with the Jefferson County EMA says he expects the clean up effort to be a "multi-day recovery operation."

At least two others were k!lled in St. Clair County, to the east of Birmingham. The tornado touched down about 5:15 p.m.

Earlier in the day, three funnel clouds on the ground simultaneously twisted through Cullman County. One person was k!lled when a tree fell on a car, k!lling the passenger.

As of 9 p.m., more than 412,000 people were without electricity, according to Alabama Power.

President Barack Obama has declared a state of emergency in Alabama, clearing the way for FEMA a.ssistance to help with the recovery efforts.

Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley has mobilized approximately 1,400 Alabama National Guardsmen to provide emergency a.ssistance to the Alabama counties impacted by the severe weather outbreak.

The troops will help with search and rescue, debris removal and provide security a.ssistance to local police.

Copyright 2011 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.wfie.com/story .. ng-at-least-50

Last edited by Exs; 04-27-2011 at 11:08 PM..

99 comments for "Apr 27 - EF5 Tornado In Birmingham,AL - killing at least 249 |video"

7 years ago '06        #2
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,486 | Props total: 14773 14773
yea it fu*ked north Bama bad, the tornado went right behind Bryant Denny in Tuscaloosa.
 7 years ago '04        #3
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,862 | Props total: 2013 2013
incredible
 7 years ago '10        #4
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
crazy sh*t. i remember being in Georgia when a tornado touched down and that sh*t was scary as fu*k. skies all purple and you can't even see in front of you. i could only imagine with a F5 up close and personal
 7 years ago '08        #5
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4842 4842
F5?!?!?!?!!?

I've been through some F1s, F3's, and an F4. But an F5 is that of the finger of God.
 7 years ago '11        #6
L1C4 72 heat pts72
space
space
$8,010 | Props total: 2238 2238
had a F5 here when i was little. Im sick & tired of storms & rain. Past week it tornado warning after warning everyday.
 7 years ago '06        #7
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1174 1174
F5 tornado in a major urban area? How is that even possible?
 7 years ago '07        #8
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,070 | Props total: 1843 1843
 Jersey826 said:
It's on some Day after tomorrow type sh*t
 7 years ago '06        #9
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,756 | Props total: 3706 3706
 stlcardinals19 said:
F5?!?!?!?!!?

I've been through some F1s, F3's, and an F4. But an F5 is that of the finger of God.
dude... two passsed over my house... i got crazy pics... fu*k everything about tornadoes.... im out east.... that shyt is abnormal for this area..
 7 years ago '05        #10
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 Jersey826 said:
mother nature does what she wants
 7 years ago '06        #11
space
space
space
in va... had one pass over my house... took pics.... weather is crazy... :-< scary as ish..

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 04-27-2011 at 08:26 PM..
 04-27-2011, 08:16 PM         #12
Gho5t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Atlanta is gonna get hammered next by the looks of it, ive been following the radar and weather channel all night. sh*ts crazy, RIP to those who lost their lives.
 7 years ago '06        #13
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
sh*t is real across the south right now. They just spotted a double headed tornado over Philadelphia, MS. aalready had two today. Expecting a third. :wow:
 04-27-2011, 08:21 PM         #14
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is serious business..Although Birmingham got hit in 1998 by an F5 as well..Not completely out of the ordinary

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #15
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

this was above my house
 7 years ago '05        #16
crunkjuice7890 1 heat pts
space
space
$852 | Props total: 2 2
yea T-Town got it real bad. Im right on the west side of BHam and fortunately all we got was lightning and heavy wind.
 7 years ago '08        #17
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,742 | Props total: 1228 1228
 sunsetnVine said:

[pic - click to view]

this was above my house
crazy
 7 years ago '06        #18
space
space
space
yo.. no one can deny ... something has changed .... i've never been outside in one.... now i know.. why its allways quiet when they come thru... My heart sunk at the videos in bama... :-< there is no escaping something a mile wide..
 7 years ago '04        #19
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,038 | Props total: 1270 1270
An EF5 tornado pulls well-built homes off their foundations and into the air before shredding them, flinging the wreckage for miles and sweeping the foundation clean.that sh*t crazy
 7 years ago '04        #20
dblock278 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 7 7
really a f5.. Just cause it's big dont mean it's powerful. EDIT:i just listened to the 2nd vid. apologies.

Last edited by dblock278; 04-27-2011 at 09:22 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago