What kobe did tonite was nothing short of historic

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #121
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2451 2451
 legendisdope said:
all haters should k!ll demselves..

tired of hearin 'he copied mjs game' like n*ggas dat play ball aint suppose to do fade a way jump shots and sh*t.. lmfao dats the lamest sh*t i ever heard, no ideas original, noones copyin anyone.

STOP HATIN ON THE GOAT OF oUR ERA..
Its not that part people are talking about... Its the copying of Jordan's mannerisms and style... Everybody wants to play like Jordan but they use their own style and mannerisms to do it...

U dont see other grown a.ss professional players sticking they fu*king tongue out... What does that have to with your basketball game? That was a Jordan trademark and this n*gga copied it...

He tried to walk like Jordan, talk like Jordan, dress like Jordan even chews his gum like Jordan... It is sickening the level of plaigerism this man has done of one of the greats... We all wanted to be like Mike yes... But once we became men that sh*t stopped and you made your own person... U didnt hold onto those childhood fantasies...

Kobe has no trademark he has nothing unique about him that u can immortalize... Kobe does not have that and never will because he chose to take a path of becoming a copy instead of an original... There is nothing, not one thing you can say Kobe is known for that another player before him wasnt... Nobody is first at doing anything anymore so you have to take things from the past and make it your own... Kobe's game is exactly like Jordan's with more flaws and more range...

Take Ray Allen for example... He says often he patterned his game after Reggie Miller... He took how Reggie played and developed his own shot and own style... He didnt take it exactly and just increase his range...
 7 years ago '06        #122
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
19 points.

I can do that in my sleep.
 7 years ago '05        #123
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
I don't think you know what historic means. He played hurt...and styled on a team they should have swept. That's not historic. That's expected.
 7 years ago '05        #124
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637

[pic - click to view]

Haters gonna hate
 7 years ago '04        #125
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
The reason for the 3 Peat!!!
 7 years ago '08        #126
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12517 12517
Homo thread is a homo thread
 7 years ago '08        #127
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650
lmao n*ggas is too much on bx
 7 years ago '04        #128
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,491 | Props total: 6429 6429
everybody plays with injuries
 7 years ago '06        #129
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171

Jordan stans are so fu*king madd. These motherfu*kers looking at their computer like:

[pic - click to view]

"Oh no please Quik don't destroy my child hood! Please Noooooooooooo!!!"
 7 years ago '04        #130
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17414 17414
 Jersey826 said:

Jordan stans are so fu*king madd. These motherfu*kers looking at their computer like:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #131
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
hes a G, plain and simple
 04-27-2011, 08:35 PM         #132
JOE PESCI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tonystarks21 said:
kobe is hands down the best player in the league after last night
at ''after last night '' you mean ''after 2000''
 04-27-2011, 08:35 PM         #133
JOE PESCI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jersey826 said:

[pic - click to view]

im dying!!
 7 years ago '04        #134
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,861 | Props total: 2008 2008
 JOE PESCI said:
im dying!!
yo g spell conesuir again..

LMAO you should have been aborted
 04-27-2011, 08:38 PM         #135
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jersey826 said:

[pic - click to view]

04-27-2011, 08:38 PM         #136
JOE PESCI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PG-13 said:
19 points.

I can do that in my sleep.
then why are u posting on boxden instead on playing in the league?
 7 years ago '08        #137
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 J.R. Hyphy said:
dre03, why are you so emotionally attached to a basketball players thoughts/feelings? Dude can ball, end of story.

Yeah he immulated the best basketball player ever, and everyone and their uncles brothers wanted to play like 23. But You couldn't.

You neglected that his attitude is a reflection of how consumed in the game of basketball he actually is, his competitiveness, determination, and those are things that not many NBA players today can possess and SKILLFULLY display. :nicethread:

Sickening. This dude comes in every Kobe thread and makes sure he gets his 2 pennies in to discredit Kobe. Its crazy everyone says he copied MJ, but the reality is, he took MOST of his game and exceeded it. Early in his career, Kobe definitely TRIED to be like MJ, but as the years went on, he became Kobe Bryant. Since he emulated MJ's game from the beginning, those habits stuck with him. You know how many players say or try to be like MJ and failed?

Thats the thing with Kobe, he didnt fail. He became himself as he got older. Skillwise he is better than MJ, and Phil even said it. MJ had better mental toughness as well as IQ. Kobe's footwork and range is greater than Mike's and most would agree. Even Kobe's arrogance is higher than Jordan's (i.e. the shot selections on the court). The thing is, Kobe can make those shots, but it doesnt mean he should take them at that time. MJ knew which shots were important to take.

I realize most downplay Kobe because another player has challenged MJ's career. As if it can never be anyone greater. Kobe accepted that challenge from day one and said that he will become better than MJ. He is on his way to tying him with rings and has the potential to surpass him. From a media standpoint, the first love is always the best and can never be overtaken. So many will continue to say MJ is the greatest. The same way they say Magic is the greatest laker, but Magic even said himself, that Kobe is the best laker ever. This is why Kobe is great, he truly believes he can be better than MJ, and I dont think anyone in the NBA now would admit that they could be.

We are witnessing greatness and the only argument people can come up with are personal attacks or degrade his personality. Like we will ever meet him in our lifetime (most likely wont). But I digress. I dont know why I just wasted five minutes typing this wall of text when most will continue with irrelevant arguments and posts.

The Guru has spoken...
 7 years ago '10        #138
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
 JOE PESCI said:
at ''after last night '' you mean ''after 2000''
After 2006 Before 2008
 04-28-2011, 08:53 AM         #139
phantom589  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

I will never understand how people say kobe is BETTER than MJ. Sure he is up there in the top 5, but to say he is better is pretty ignorant of history. Many arguments have been made in the thread but I havent read through the entire thing. Still, I'd like to add this.

MJ has 6 championships, 5 MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs. He also has 10 scoring titles and a DOY.

Kobe has 5 championships, 1 MVP, 2 finals MVPs. and 1 scoring title.

Jordan has a higher career averages in points, rebounds, blocks, steals, a.ssist. And he played in a lower scoring league with hand checking allowed.

I dont understand how anyone could ever fu*king say Kobe is BETTER than jordan. The 5 MVPs to 1 MVP alone make a strong argument.
Kobe is my favorite player in the NBA today, but cmon people.
 7 years ago '07        #140
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
 GrownmanJ said:
Sickening. This dude comes in every Kobe thread and makes sure he gets his 2 pennies in to discredit Kobe. Its crazy everyone says he copied MJ, but the reality is, he took MOST of his game and exceeded it. Early in his career, Kobe definitely TRIED to be like MJ, but as the years went on, he became Kobe Bryant. Since he emulated MJ's game from the beginning, those habits stuck with him. You know how many players say or try to be like MJ and failed?

Thats the thing with Kobe, he didnt fail. He became himself as he got older. Skillwise he is better than MJ, and Phil even said it. MJ had better mental toughness as well as IQ. Kobe's footwork and range is greater than Mike's and most would agree. Even Kobe's arrogance is higher than Jordan's (i.e. the shot selections on the court). The thing is, Kobe can make those shots, but it doesnt mean he should take them at that time. MJ knew which shots were important to take.

I realize most downplay Kobe because another player has challenged MJ's career. As if it can never be anyone greater. Kobe accepted that challenge from day one and said that he will become better than MJ. He is on his way to tying him with rings and has the potential to surpass him. From a media standpoint, the first love is always the best and can never be overtaken. So many will continue to say MJ is the greatest. The same way they say Magic is the greatest laker, but Magic even said himself, that Kobe is the best laker ever. This is why Kobe is great, he truly believes he can be better than MJ, and I dont think anyone in the NBA now would admit that they could be.

We are witnessing greatness and the only argument people can come up with are personal attacks or degrade his personality. Like we will ever meet him in our lifetime (most likely wont). But I digress. I dont know why I just wasted five minutes typing this wall of text when most will continue with irrelevant arguments and posts.

The Guru has spoken...
Before I talk about the bolded, I will say you made some good points in your statement, which most people who ride for Kobe always fail to do. With that said, I'm not understanding what Kobe took from MJ's game and surpassed it or he's better at? He's not a better post player, he was never better at taking it to the basket, and I totally disagree on the footwork aspect! Kobe's era is more about flash and the hanging cross over's and such. When Mike played, even though he was creative and would hit u with a step cross or go behind the back at times, they weren't doing it as much in that era. But how do you think MJ got to the basket with such ease? His footwork combined with a great first step. All I will say is look at the iconinc play u always see when the Knicks (Oakley & Starks) had MJ trapped in the corner and all of a sudden you see a quick step, spin on the baseline and then a monster dunk on Ewings head! all that was made possible by MJ's great footowrk and quickness... I will agree that Kobe's range is better than Mike's and I'll agree to disagree on the skill aspect. I personally think MJ was a bit more skilled, but I guess u could go either way. I def think he was more talented though... And also, If we're going to ride with Magic when he saysKobe is the greatest Laker ever, can't we also ride with Magic when he says that MJ is the GOAT??
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy