UK Rap vs US Rap

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #121
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,268 | Props total: 19366 19366
 mR ReZiW said:
who?

show me some street rap thats hot from 2011 please

[video - click to view]

>>>>>any of that uk 2011 rap
 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM         #122
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go listen to some n-dubz n*gga
 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM         #123
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was a huge grime head.. JME, Wiley, Trim.. sh*t.. So Solid.. Bearman.. Jammer (its the murkle man! ).. Ghetto.. Skinnyman... Durrty Goodz...

So I know a little about the UK scene... and a good 90% of it is straight trash
 7 years ago '05        #124
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
This n*gga keeps saying Max B like he's a good rapper. Max B blows and so does your taste in rap. US > UK In every aspect of life. You're our bi*ches. Remember that.

Last edited by Santoro; 04-25-2011 at 06:37 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #125
nigga123 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,838 | Props total: 1489 1489
No1 gives a fu*k about S.A.S.
It's always been like that..
every1 fu*ks with Wiley, ghetts, blah blah all the grime heads
We aint tryna hear no US import sh*t over here
Our sh*t came from garage into grime, why the fu*k wuld we want hip-hop?
 7 years ago '10        #126
nigga123 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,838 | Props total: 1489 1489
UK hip hop might be hard but most ppl wanna hear GRIME not Hip-Hop so wa is the point?
 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM         #127
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Southern Hip Hop>>>>UK Hip Hop
 7 years ago '11        #128
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,865 | Props total: 3830 3830
 Santoro said:
This n*gga keeps saying Max B like he's a good rapper. Max B blows and so does your taste in rap. US > UK In every aspect of life. You're our bi*ches. Remember that.
hold up hold up ..y you gotta diss the boss don tho ?
 04-25-2011, 07:53 PM         #129
clickclack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there were some decent songs linked in this thread...... something is missing. i think these dudes need to take some time and evolve into their own thing. hiphop in the states also started off with a bunch of corny dudes rapping. the rest is history.

i've heard rap from all over the world. example-I like french rap. i dont understand sh*t, but I like the accent, and more than that, they have their own unique style, and I don't mean just production-wise. The emcees mess with their own slang and thought and language and make hiphop. At the end of the day, thats what its all about, and its inescapable.

the problem i see with a lot of these uk guys (especially these so called "thug rappers" or "ryder music") or w/e is that they're taking a lot of different aspects of US hiphop and it just doesn't go with someone from london.......

damn...they need to find a way to make that accent sound good on beats. it makes sense. UK accent is probably the worst accent to have on this planet for a raw hiphop beat. but I will be optimistic.

at least u as*holes have james bond
 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM         #130
clickclack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
indian accent sounds better on a hiphop beat than a UK accent
 7 years ago '06        #131
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 VigilanteSeason said:
Some of the hardest youngers from South London (The realest)

UK's grimiest rappers coming for dat a.ss.........

[pic - click to view]

04-25-2011, 08:48 PM         #132
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MY_name said:
I was a huge grime head.. JME, Wiley, Trim.. sh*t.. So Solid.. Bearman.. Jammer (its the murkle man! ).. Ghetto.. Skinnyman... Durrty Goodz...

So I know a little about the UK scene... and a good 90% of it is straight trash
grime is something completely different son
 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM         #133
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 clickclack said:
there were some decent songs linked in this thread...... something is missing. i think these dudes need to take some time and evolve into their own thing. hiphop in the states also started off with a bunch of corny dudes rapping. the rest is history.

i've heard rap from all over the world. example-I like french rap. i dont understand sh*t, but I like the accent, and more than that, they have their own unique style, and I don't mean just production-wise. The emcees mess with their own slang and thought and language and make hiphop. At the end of the day, thats what its all about, and its inescapable.

the problem i see with a lot of these uk guys (especially these so called "thug rappers" or "ryder music") or w/e is that they're taking a lot of different aspects of US hiphop and it just doesn't go with someone from london.......

damn...they need to find a way to make that accent sound good on beats. it makes sense. UK accent is probably the worst accent to have on this planet for a raw hiphop beat. but I will be optimistic.

at least u as*holes have james bond
what aspects from US hiphop have they taken?
 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM         #134
clickclack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
what aspects from US hiphop have they taken?
nothing specific in particular. all the gangster rappers act like a part from beef IV. everything they're doing has been done before and its just rehashing and recycling the worst aspect of the gangsta rap age that the US had for a bit. the more 'backpack' rappers have some corny lyrics. I hate 'blank' emceeing, where people just rap without putting any sort of depth or character to it.

anyways, im criticizing out of respect. UK, london/manchester > 99% of the US. i think its very subconscious because UK is an English speaking country, with a different accent. People all oer the world are so used to ENGLISH rap songs with american accents on it for so long, that an english UK accent doesn't go over in many places unless it's done perfectly, and preferably mixed in with some grunge/dubstep or something. that's just the truth man.

keeping UK PURELY hiphop like in the US is going to take some more work and right now its far from perfect. french hiphop has a voice of its own like american. same with german hiphop and korean (though they do hiphop like it's candy pop music). the UK need their own voice and general style. the overall attitude of most of these cats seem .... idk. fake. and i mess with everything but fake. i've got a spidey sense about fake, and the alarm went off many times during this thread.

Last edited by clickclack; 04-25-2011 at 09:24 PM..
 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM         #135
Zo1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 antoniob 321 said:
Southern Hip Hop>>>>UK Hip Hop
This is true.

I like how the British in this thread are bashing Southern Rap when Gucci Mane is richer than 95% of your rapper

This is coming from someone who doesn't even like Gucci Mane. You guys complain about southern rap yet lil Wayne tours your nation all the time and T.I. has gone gold in your country and his singles are always on your charts.

Im not hating, I respect the UK music scene has long as it's not rap. The UK has produced many great artist that have done well in America such as Sade, Seal, Craig David, Leona Lewis, The Beatles, the Spice Girls (lol) and more. It's not like we hate music from Britain, it's just that most Americans think your rap artists suck, so u can keep that sh*t in UK because that sh*t ain't blowing up in the US.
 04-26-2011, 06:44 AM         #136
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
since when did a rapper being richer make them better musically?

honestly some of the things these boxden guys come out wit

PS. 8 pages.. my threads are aggy

RIP
 7 years ago '06        #137
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,103 | Props total: 223 223
 mR ReZiW said:
who?

show me some street rap thats hot from 2011 please
wow you're really reaching there buddy..

take a trip through Texas if you want that grimey uncut

esp. here:

[pic - click to view]

04-29-2011, 11:02 AM         #138
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grown Man Ish said:
northstar is the only uk rap i fu*k with........

any brainless fool can shoot a bunch of ppl and talk sh*t, but them northstar dudes are gangsters forreal allways gettin paper and keepin sh*t on lock........
I had to come back for this.. how you talking bout northstar are gangsters for real when their boss is a snitch. C1 trying get invovled in murders then talk to police

didn't wna make it a street ting but still
 7 years ago '09        #139
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8870 8870
 clickclack said:
indian accent sounds better on a hiphop beat than a UK accent
k!ll yourself

mR ReZiW said:
I had to come back for this.. how you talking bout northstar are gangsters for real when their boss is a snitch. C1 trying get invovled in murders then talk to police

didn't wna make it a street ting but still
it's obvious his not from London, all he does is gossip

Last edited by Ash10; 04-29-2011 at 11:14 AM..
 7 years ago '11        #140
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0
Yall sh*tting on the accent but your FEMALES love it, could probably snatch your girl just with our accent.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago