UK Rap vs US Rap

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
5 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-24-2011, 11:40 PM         #61
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BasedSkins said:
n*ggas wearing kilts and sh*t talkin about shootin up a blokes castles with their mates havin drive arguments

aint no hoods in england
whole theme of the thread, people commenting with judgment on a topic they know nothing about...
 7 years ago '06        #62
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,587 | Props total: 3668 3668
 Marvin Hagler said:
yall n*ggas wear monocles & eat a meal called spotted d!ck :jay:
 Marvin Hagler said:
yall n*ggas talk like Sherlock Holmes :jay:
 7 years ago '07        #63
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14808 14808
dude rap name blade brown

what he watch class act
 7 years ago '10        #64
YaDunno 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 27 27
tinie tempah before he went pop was sick, but now that sh*t he releasing nowadays
 7 years ago '10        #65
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
S.A.S>>>>>>>>
 04-25-2011, 02:40 AM         #66
K. Slack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

So I guess Blade Brown never heard this???? Riiiigghhhhhttt!!!!
 7 years ago '07        #67
StrictlyBiznez 5 heat pts
space
space
$890 | Props total: 56 56
People don't really appreciate UK hiphop on here because of the accents, it's not like they've never listened to it before. I'm British myself, and I know there are some artists that would throttle the US if given the chance.
This guy Lowkey is one of the most profound artists you'll hear, and he's talking about your country so you should listen what he has to say because this is an intelligent piece of music.

[video - click to view]

I, myself, am a UK-Asian hiphop artist and find it hard to get people to listen to my stuff but people appreciate it none the less.

These are some of my tracks, let me know if you appreciate this:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

04-25-2011, 03:25 AM         #68
Sniggit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
how would it be better from a place where it didnt even originate from? thats like sayin up north they got better country music
that makes sense since it originates from jamaica ya tool
 04-25-2011, 04:50 AM         #69
VigilanteSeason  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of the hardest youngers from South London (The realest)

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #70
Get Familia 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
 VigilanteSeason said:
Some of the hardest youngers from South London (The realest)

Yo get that sh*t outta here...

Im from London myself and you just embarassing us with them bullsh*t videos/tracks.

The rapping and delivery was terrible, and how unoriginal & wack to name your crew 'Gipset'...

Rappers like these wont get the respect & attention from people from the UK, nevermind the American audience.

Last edited by Get Familia; 04-25-2011 at 05:55 AM..
 04-25-2011, 06:00 AM         #71
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SAS get no attention from people in the UK. Shut up.
 7 years ago '07        #72
space
space
 tweedle- said:
SAS get no attention from people in the UK. Shut up.
Oh for real....you carry on believing that!

S.A.S are the reason and set a benchmark for rappers in the UK. Most rappers would love to be in the position that S.A.S were in.

S.A.S had to take London to NY, then bought it back full circle again. They are bigger than just the UK, they known globally and have put in that work as artist. You can't say that about too many rappers from the UK.

Stop deceiving yourself.

Last edited by Get Familia; 04-25-2011 at 06:11 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #73
GST 
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 2394 2394
most UK rappers try too hard to emulate US rappers...UK fails for swaggerjacking
 7 years ago '08        #74
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 YaDunno said:
giggs,skepta & S.A.S >>>>>>>> any US rapper
Giggs is sh*te.
 04-25-2011, 06:11 AM         #75
RealSickLindley  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm from the UK, but prefer US. Coming across some decent artists now from the UK.

But I've gotta make two points after reading this thread..

1. For people that say 'I hate the accent', just think about us having to listen to Hip Hop from the South lmao

2. Quit the 'bad teeth', 'mary poppins' and 'cup of tea' sh*t. Cos American stereotypes are MUCH worse, and a lot closer to the truth lol
 04-25-2011, 06:24 AM         #76
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get Familia said:
Oh for real....you carry on believing that!

S.A.S are the reason and set a benchmark for rappers in the UK. Most rappers would love to be in the position that S.A.S were in.

S.A.S had to take London to NY, then bought it back full circle again. They are bigger than just the UK, they known globally and have put in that work as artist. You can't say that about too many rappers from the UK.

Stop deceiving yourself.
LOL......I swear, do they pay you? Or is that you Mega sitting behind the keyboard?

FACT: SAS have never had a top 50 hit in the UK or the States - Proof they get no love in the UK

FACT: SAS have never been signed to a major label. They had to Finance, Market, distrubute everything when they were on "Dipset Europe" They probably even had to pay Cam to use the name! When you get signed, you dont pay out of your own pocket to release music, your record company does.

FACT: SAS have never done a song with a major UK artist. Why? Because they rap like they are from Harlem but only spent like a year or 2 there. So they get no respect.

While I will give them there dues in that they got noticed by a major US rapper/label but thats only because they are pretty much Americans with English accents. They get NO love in the UK, apart from you and they will never make it big. Americans on the whole dont respect them because they are English and UK heads dont respect them because they act American

Last edited by tweedle-; 04-25-2011 at 06:26 AM..
 04-25-2011, 06:31 AM         #77
RealSickLindley  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ Owned.
 7 years ago '07        #78
space
space
 tweedle- said:
LOL......I swear, do they pay you? Or is that you Mega sitting behind the keyboard?

FACT: SAS have never had a top 50 hit in the UK or the States - Proof they get no love in the UK

FACT: SAS have never been signed to a major label. They had to Finance, Market, distrubute everything when they were on "Dipset Europe" They probably even had to pay Cam to use the name! When you get signed, you dont pay out of your own pocket to release music, your record company does.

FACT: SAS have never done a song with a major UK artist. Why? Because they rap like they are from Harlem but only spent like a year or 2 there. So they get no respect.

While I will give them there dues in that they got noticed by a major US rapper/label but thats only because they are pretty much Americans with English accents. They get NO love in the UK, apart from you and they will never make it big. Americans on the whole dont respect them because they are English and UK heads dont respect them because they act American
Ok, so they don't go commerical (thats a good thing) and sell-out like a lot of these UK Mc's doing. C'mon you got Grime artists turning in to rappers now.

As for the Diplomats situation, don't forget Dame scooped them up first. They were always affiliated with Dipset from early & they used the name & co-sign as a stepping stone.

S.A.S were ahead of their time for the UK scene back in 2001, when everybody was scared to move outta the UK and make connects...S.A.S did that! People weren't spitting punchlines & bars like these boys back in the day.

Your views about how UK don't respect them is false. With every hate there is love, you focus on how many people 'hate' S.A.S, which ultimitely means you don't see the love they do get, due to the way they put UK on the map....and they did this from EARLY, when UK rap wasn't even popping like it is becoming now.

For all these reasons & more....that is why people respct their work-ethic in this game, and for what they did for the UK Hip-Hop scene.

Your the type to think Local, when you should be thinkin Global.

Free your mind, Don't be disgruntled.

Last edited by Get Familia; 04-25-2011 at 06:43 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #79
beatjunkie 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 5 5
why you even make this thread b? It'll never...ever...never.. be the UK's time.
 7 years ago '05        #80
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i can't take tough talk seriously when it's coming from a person with an English accent

i'm almost POSITIVE there are English people that would not only beat my a.ss, but ones that would murder me in cold blood, dismember my corpse, dispose of it, and never get caught

however

it's like listening to a guy that talks like Mr. Belding from Saved By The Bell talk about how much 'weight' he moves or somebody who talks like Michael Scott from The Office tell you he's going to eat your children

it doesn't matter if they're telling the truth or not, it's just hard to believe

not to mention it's a foreign accent to most people in the US, which makes it harder to understand, sort of like the southern accent only worse

i watched part of one of the Gipset videos on this page and i couldn't hear anything they were saying because they had no breath control and were trying to rap double-time, i've found that with a large majority of UK hip-hop i've heard as well
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy