Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
119 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
11551 pageviews
60 comments

bran 146 heat pts146
space
space
$3,186 | Props total: 4 4
6 Biggest Video Games Myths

There's a South Park episode hidden in an old Tiger Woods game.

[pic - click to view]

South Park Long before South Park became an omnipresent television staple, it was all over the Internet. In 1995, creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were paid $2,000 to make an animated short for a Fox network executive. The film, dubbed "The Spirit of Christmas," featured the then-unknown quartet of foul-mouthed tots from South Park and quickly spread like wildfire online.

An unknown developer at EA Sports was one of the many to download and watch it -- which wouldn't have been a big deal, except when the publisher mastered the game disc for the PlayStation version of Tiger Woods '99, it accidentally copied that folder off of the server as well. That meant the 5-minute short shipped with the game.

You had to put the game disc into a PC and dig around a bit to find it, but it was there - and ultimately EA had to recall the game due to the inclusion of the profane cartoon.

Fact or fiction? Fact!

The mafia developed a game console.

[pic - click to view]

The Gizmondo Organized crime has at some point had its hand in virtually ever corner of the entertainment industry, but what about video games? You certainly won't find La Cosa Nostra's fingerprints on the Xbox, PlayStation or Wii, but dig a little deeper into the annals of gaming hardware and things get much murkier.

The Gizmondo, a handheld system released in 2005, never took off. In fact, with less than 25,000 units sold, it's the worst selling handheld of all time -- and for good reason. After the system died, though, more details came out about one of its executives: Stefan Eriksson, who allegedly ran a loose Swedish criminal organization known as "Uppsalamaffian" (The Uppsala mafia) before joining the company.

He left in spectacular fashion. After wrecking an Enzo Ferrari sports car (worth $2 million) in 2006, Eriksson's house was raided on suspicion of embezzlement, grand theft auto, drunken driving, cocaine possession, and weapons charges. He served three years in jail due to a plea bargain and has since been deported to Sweden.

Fact or Fiction? Fact!

A built-in code let you undress Lara Croft in the original version of Tomb Raider.

[pic - click to view]

Lara Croft Lara Croft was a geek s3x symbol years before Angelina Jolie donned the famous short-shorts.

Even the blocky graphics of the original PlayStation weren't enough to turn off some overly hormonal players, and it wasn't long before whispers began in gaming channels that the developers had created a cheat code for the original 1996 game that stripped Lara to her birthday suit as she quested for Atlantis.

It turned out to be little more than the fantasies of love-starved teens, however, as no code was ever actually built into the game. But the talk did inspire some modders (who obviously needed to get out more) to create a patch called 'nud3 Raider' that accomplished the same goals. Eidos ultimately shut it down with a cease and desist order.

Fact or Fiction? Fiction!

Michael Jackson wrote the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

[pic - click to view]

Sonic the Hedgehog Michael Jackson created some of the most iconic music of the '80s and '90s, but did that include video game tunes as well?

The singer lent his image to Sega for titles like Space Channel 5 and Moonwalker, but after his death, rumors began to circulate that he had secretly worked with the publisher to contribute music to the third Sonic the Hedgehog game.

In 2009, Jackson's composer and musical director Brad Buxer addressed the reports in the French magazine Black & White (which calls itself the "official magazine of Michael Jackson"), saying Jackson did, in fact, write some Sonic 3 compositions, but the performer wasn't happy with the sound quality in the consoles. Frustrated by the process, he chose to have his name removed from the credits, but the music remained.

There's evidence to the contrary, though. And Sega still refuses to divulge the whole story, giving this myth nearly as much staying power as the King of Pop himself.

Fact of Fiction? Neither? Both? Let's go with the Mythbuster's hedge answer and call this one "Plausible."

E.T. almost k!lled the video game industry.

[pic - click to view]

E.T. was as big as it got in 1982 -- but just one year later, the Reese's Pieces-munching, bug-eyed alien found that going home was much easier than going to the Atari 2600.

By rushing the development process and bypassing QA in its E.T. video game, Atari ended up with a confusing, buggy title that lacked any viable entertainment qualities. Consumers avoided it, and the company ultimately buried millions of unsellable copies in a New Mexico landfill.

Alongside a few other missteps, the debacle brought an abrupt end to that generation of consoles. Several publishers filed for bankruptcy in the following two-year period, prompting analysts to question whether home video games would survive. It was only the U.S. release of the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985 that would turn things around for the industry.

Fact or Fiction? Fact!

Mario is a communist.

[pic - click to view]

Mario He wears a lot of red and looks a little like Stalin, so it was inevitable that in the conspiracy-filled Internet someone would start to wonder if Mario was actually harboring a Communist agenda.

He was, after all, trying to overthrow a king. And the flag he put up at the end of every level had a red star. Building a case, block by block?

Alas, it's nothing but the usual rampant paranoia of chatrooms. Mario was designed to wear red and blue because the contrasting colors helped the character stand out against the background, and that famous moustache was simply an easier option than drawing complex facial expressions back in his early days.

It turns out has no ties to the Communist party -- just the Mario Party (all eight versions of it).

Fact or Fiction? Fiction, comrade!

[pic - click to view]

Fact or Fiction: Video game myths revealed - Video Games Blog Plugged In - Yahoo! Games

60 comments for "6 Biggest Video Games Myths"

7 years ago '09        #2
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,415 | Props total: 10540 10540
Good read.
 7 years ago '07        #3
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
lmao........i remember that lara croft rumor in middle school i think i was in the 6th grade
 7 years ago '09        #4
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,404 | Props total: 17612 17612
at No

Luigi in Mario 64
 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM         #5
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
unlock Zack in FFVII (smh @ this not being on the list)

Play as Akuma in RE2

n*ggaz had me believing that shyt for the longest

Edit: matta fact the only one I heard of from that list was the Lara Croft myth.
shyt I looked everywhere and asked everyone for that code

Last edited by LaRy BLanco; 04-23-2011 at 07:37 PM..
 04-23-2011, 07:44 PM         #6
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What about Nudalities in MK3?

I remember that was going around as much as unlock nekkid tomb raider...then the nekkid patch for the PC version came, then I came...haha
 04-23-2011, 09:19 PM         #7
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bullsh*t! Mario is such a fu*king commie
 7 years ago '07        #8
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,397 | Props total: 13085 13085
another fun fact indirectly related to #2: Nintendo originally made playing cards that were used by the yakuza for gambling
 7 years ago '09        #9
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,703 | Props total: 13269 13269
good read
 04-23-2011, 11:22 PM         #10
williams31 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:
another fun fact indirectly related to #2: Nintendo originally made playing cards that were used by the yakuza for gambling
^^^^Nintendo actually started off as a playing card company.
 7 years ago '05        #11
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
anyone ever heard of this myth?

Street f!ghter 2 (Original SNES version)

There was a rumor that if you beat M. Bison on the hardest level
with 2 perfects somebody would jump out the bell (forgot which character)
and you have to f!ght them....
 7 years ago '06        #12
flipdipbone 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 467 467
 circleinsidebox said:
anyone ever heard of this myth?

Street f!ghter 2 (Original SNES version)

There was a rumor that if you beat M. Bison on the hardest level
with 2 perfects somebody would jump out the bell (forgot which character)
and you have to f!ght them....
Hell yea .. me and my brothers herd that sh*t and tried for days ....it was like a super Vega or sumthin?? lol
 7 years ago '06        #13
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
aya that micheal jackson one is true theres youtube videos on it comparing the music
 7 years ago '04        #14
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
How about Big Foot in GTA San Andreas
 04-24-2011, 01:26 AM         #15
Jack.Nappier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read another one:

Inferno match in wwf no mercy for n64
 7 years ago '04        #16
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 nitetrain8601 said:
How about Big Foot in GTA San Andreas
My dumbass stayed up all night trying to find him.
 04-24-2011, 01:42 AM         #17
Jack.Nappier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow after googling this i found some bugged out sh*t:

has anyone heard of this bs "Curse of the tails doll" check this bugged out sh*t here

[pic - click to view]

9. Playing with the Tails Doll in Sonic R causes a horrible curse

The myth: This was one I actually hadn't heard of before I started researching this article, but it seems to be quite prevalent among a certain subset of the Sonic fandom community. The myth centers on the Tails Doll, an unlockable, smaller version of Tails in the relatively obscure (and relatively awful) racing game Sonic R. According to numerous Internet stories (and at least one really crappy Flash game), you might want to leave that character locked, since anyone who races as the Tails doll will suffer real-life consequences ranging from bad luck to creepy messages and even death and "soul-sucking" at the hands of a REAL, red-eyed version of the doll. Hey, I read it on the Internet so it must be true, right?

The truth: OK, there's obviously no truth to this one (news flash: videogame characters ARE NOT REAL) but the phenomenon of the Tails Doll curse story is just incredible to me. The rumor seems to have its seeds in the game's tendency to freeze when you play as Tails Doll, but I have no idea how this small glitch ballooned into a much larger story about a red-eyed, soul-sucking horror. However it happened, the fact that the myth has survived and spread in the community says something about the power of these characters and the use of fandom as a storytelling medium. Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing a stupid fanfic story that's gotten out of hand. Your call.

:rolll augh:

[pic - click to view]

8. You can f!ght Sheng Long in Street f!ghter II

The myth: "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." Ryu says it regularly after defeating chumps in Street f!ghter II, but no matter how hard you look or how well you play you'll never face, let alone defeat, Sheng Long. Or will you?

The "Tricks of the Trade" section in the April 1992 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly sure thinks you will -- if you're good enough. All you have to do is play through the entire game without getting hit, then f!ght M. Bison to a pacifistic draw 10 times in a row. If you can complete this awesome feat, the ultra-powerful Sheng Long will supposedly appear to f!ght you with his super-fast projectiles, k!ller spinning-bird kick and ultra-powerful dragon punch.
 7 years ago '10        #18
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 gangtsa said:
There used to be some mewtwo myth on pokemon blue/green/red. YOu would go to some citty and use strength on a rock..some truck would move and mewtwo wud appear.
I think it was a island behind a Cruise Ship which you pushed the Truck and Mew would appear.
 04-24-2011, 02:31 AM         #19
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha i was try that tiger woods one...wouldnt cost much to buy that game haha..good read though
 7 years ago '07        #20
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
i read the story about gizmondo when it happened, was in the newspapers or a magazine i think.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy