most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
8546 pageviews
108 comments

Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
"Player X's" Thoughts on Kevin Garnett

[pic - click to view]

Via Celticsblog.com:

ESPN, despite whatever particular qualms I may have with its media monopoly on sports, does some really awesome things. One of which is their revolutionary "Player/Driver/Coach X" feature (Insider), wherein they have a pro player, or coach, or even NASCAR driver spit out whatever is on their mind anonymously. The anonymity affords the player the ability to say basically whatever they feel in their heart to be true (we hope) without the promise of recourse or accountability.

This month however, it hits a little close too home (Insider Only):

Trash-talk can go too far fast, though, so there is a code. Off-limit topics: moms, wives, girlfriends, kids. And health. Honestly, I never thought anyone would cross the line to crack on an opponent about a medical condition. But according to Charlie Villanueva, that's what Kevin Garnett supposedly did earlier this season when he called the Pistons forward a "cancer patient." Garnett later claimed otherwise, saying he had called Villanueva -- who's hairless because of a skin condition -- a "cancerous" player.

I don't know who's telling the truth, but I don't care. Garnett is a punk and a coward. I know, I know. Easy for me to say behind this column. Don't worry, I'll tell him to his face, too. And I'm not the only one who thinks that: If you're not on his team, chances are you hate the guy. You can learn a lot about him by watching his eyes. If he's talking to you -- and he's always talking -- he avoids eye contact. My advice to other guys in the league: Stare him down, and he'll retreat. From what I've seen, he'll never mix it up with a player who's bigger than he is. Personally, I think he's scared to f!ght -- like a playground bully who barks but doesn't bite.
According to "Player X", Based Garnett is a coward even though this player chooses to remain anonymous image

Thank You Based Garnett for mentally owning the league, 19 million a year is chump change compared to how many feelings are caught from a few words here and there :agreement6:

Anyone of these hypocritical peasants would love to have your presence on their team. It's only fitting you will retire in a Celtic's jersey, joining the rafters with #5 being hoisted next to Russell, Bird, Havlicek & Pierce.

Thank you Based Garnett :agreement6:

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-22-2011 at 02:30 PM..

108 comments for ""Player X's" Thoughts on Kevin Garnett"

7 years ago '05        #2
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Everyone knows this

entire article
THERE ISN'T ENOUGH trash-talking in this league, and we're the worse for it. Players are just too buddy-buddy; a lot of us grew up together in AAU ball and have remained friends. Because of that, the NBA basically looks like the cool-kid clique in high school.

I miss the loud old days. A few decades ago, in the heyday of trash, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and the Knicks couldn't shut up. Those guys all played with emotion, and that fuels the best trash-talk. It's no coincidence that some of the best ball ever seen was played during the top trash-talking era.

When players hold their tongues, the league is boring. And we've been quiet too long. I blame all the foreign guys. They don't like confrontation. I don't know many who can talk trash, or even try. The refs are at fault too. A lot of the T's you see called are preemptive; refs hear some noise and blow the whistle before it escalates. If you ask me, they're trying to take the "black" out of the game. Besides Bird, all the great trash-talkers have been black. We were born talking trash. They want to silence us, but that's like telling a bunny to stop jumping. The bunny can't help it.

The lack of on-court chatter is bad because it's such a good way to get in an opponent's head and rattle him. A player's manhood is always fair game; question that, in language they won't let me use here, and see how he responds. Great trash-talkers also love talking junk about another guy's finances. It doesn't always work, though. Legend has it Gary Payton, who vets say talked an endless stream of trash, once told Jordan that he drove a better car than MJ. "The cars I got are just like yours," Jordan replied. "Except mine were free." That cracks me up.

Trash-talk can go too far fast, though, so there is a code. Off-limit topics: moms, wives, girlfriends, kids. And health. Honestly, I never thought anyone would cross the line to crack on an opponent about a medical condition. But according to Charlie Villanueva, that's what Kevin Garnett supposedly did earlier this season when he called the Pistons forward a "cancer patient." Garnett later claimed otherwise, saying he had called Villanueva -- who's hairless because of a skin condition -- a "cancerous" player.

I don't know who's telling the truth, but I don't care. Garnett is a punk and a coward. I know, I know. Easy for me to say behind this column. Don't worry, I'll tell him to his face, too. And I'm not the only one who thinks that: If you're not on his team, chances are you hate the guy. You can learn a lot about him by watching his eyes. If he's talking to you -- and he's always talking -- he avoids eye contact. My advice to other guys in the league: Stare him down, and he'll retreat. From what I've seen, he'll never mix it up with a player who's bigger than he is. Personally, I think he's scared to f!ght -- like a playground bully who barks but doesn't bite.

But I have to admit, the Celtics are the most talkative guys in the league. And that makes sense, because it's the mark of a championship team. Mouths help you win big games. Ray Allen got mean in Boston, and Paul Pierce will look at you, say, "Stop this," then drop a J on your head.

The Lakers aren't as good at it, but the defending champs have an edge over most other teams because Kobe can talk with the best of them while he lights you up and Ron Artest is just weird. One reason he's a great defender is he'll get way too close and whisper in your ear.

The things that make all of these guys good talkers -- passion, a mean streak -- are what also make them great basketball players. Not surprisingly, some of the quietest guys happen to be ringless. Chris Bosh, for one, never says a word. LeBron? Even when he does talk, he's terrible at it.

Want to get to "The King" and some other prime-time players? Here's one man's go-to material: Drop a "you're riding coattails" on LeBron or remind him he bailed on the Cavs to buy a ring. Mention Dwight Howard's J -- or lack of one; it never fails to p!ss him off. Call Kobe a fake Jordan. (Just beware you may get posterized for the rest of the game.) Don't bother with Tim Duncan; dude can't hear a thing and never gets rattled. But feel free to remind Tony Parker that "Eva is fine"; wives are over the line, but not exes. Tell Pierce his one ring was all luck. Then have one of your bigger guys step to KG.

I would put this article in italics to let you know it's legit, but I can't stand reading walls of text in italics
 7 years ago '06        #3
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 Bea5T said:
Everyone would take him on their team
Took the words right out of my mouth
 7 years ago '07        #4
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
Personally, I don't like this n*gga. That's saying a lot, because dude was one of my fav players over the last decade until about 09'. He used to be very humble and has always been a great player. But for some reason after that n*gga won a title in 08', he thought he needed to turn into a sh*t talker and tough guy There's not a moment during a televised game that this n*gga isnt running his mouth off Granted, yea u want a guy with his presence on your team, but sometimes u just need to know when to shut the fu*k up!
 7 years ago '07        #5
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Uhh, KG was never humble in his career and was even more psychotic in his youth. He just played in Minnesota so people never realized this.
 7 years ago '06        #6
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Player X spoke the truth. Nobody fears Garnett. Nobody is effected by his "mind games". He's just a great player who's hella extra on the court..."the playground bully who barks but don't bite".
 7 years ago '07        #7
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
I don't think KG's a ho like most of his detractors say tho, I think he just realizes it's more important to get in someone's head and take them out the game then actually do the things he'll say and get himself ejected from the game.
 7 years ago '09        #8
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12351 12351
I have been saying that about KG since at least 98 but like the poster above said, nobody cared because he was a loser in Minnesota. He started winning and doing it with the hated Boston Celtics and now everybody notices it.
 7 years ago '09        #9
space
space
 Mr. Moses said:
I don't think KG's a ho like most of his detractors say tho, I think he just realizes it's more important to get in someone's head and take them out the game then actually do the things he'll say and get himself ejected from the game.
This is true too. Doesnt make his sh*t right but its respected.
 7 years ago '07        #10
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
 Mr. Moses said:
Uhh, KG was never humble in his career and was even more psychotic in his youth. He just played in Minnesota so people never realized this.
KG was humble when he was with the Wolves. I know, cuz he used to be my fav player for a while. I use to read and watch his interviews back then. I even remember sports commentators back then like Costas and Albert saying how impressed they were with how humble of a kid he was and his history of the game. So I don't know what you are talking about
 7 years ago '06        #11
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I have been saying that about KG since at least 98 but like the poster above said, nobody cared because he was a loser in Minnesota. He started winning and doing it with the hated Boston Celtics and now everybody notices it.
KG was a known bi*ch when he was in Minnesota too. But you're right because that sh*t intensified when him and Paul Pierce got together X 25...I'll give Rondo the benefit of the doubt. He's more tough guy than mouth. Like I actually believe he don't give a fu*k when he running up on people.
 7 years ago '05        #12
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
Villanueva, man the fu*k up and say you wrote this.
 7 years ago '06        #13
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 deemoney23 said:
KG was humble when he was with the Wolves. I know, cuz he used to be my fav player for a while. I use to read and watch his interviews back then. I even remember sports commentators back then like Costas and Albert saying how impressed they were with how humble of a kid he was and his history of the game. So I don't know what you are talking about
I liked KG too but he was humble when the Wolves sucked...When they started spitting out contenders he had a lot to say.

KG is the definition of a front runner.
 7 years ago '08        #14
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
at attest whispering in n*ggas ears
 7 years ago '06        #15
Soraci7 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 Mr. Moses said:
Apparently being on a sh*t team makes it acceptable here on Boxden.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #16
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Grown men too scared to say something to the person's face and anonymously going to the media. If you're smaller than KG that doesn't mean you're immune to his sh*t talking. Dude is 6'11, there's not going to be many guys "bigger" than him :rolleyes: and I've seen him go after plenty of 7 footers since he's been here.

These divas with their feelings hurt talkin through the media anonymously are priceless. Kind of like Noah talking big on the radio but scared to go at KG in person, or Villanueva talking bad about KG via twitter, or the Suns' coach Gentry talking bad about KG through the media. It's so ironic that this coward player X is calling KG a coward but doesn't have the testicles to say it to KG's face himself.
 7 years ago '08        #17
SantinoMurder 
space
space
$2,519 | Props total: 0 0
i bet garnett wont try that talking sh*t to artest, steve jackson you know players that would piece his a.ss up real quick. he talk to those he know aint gone do sh*t.
 7 years ago '09        #18
space
space
 deemoney23 said:
KG is and has always been humble and sane in interviews. What the fu*k did you expect Marv or Costas to say, KG is a big monkey thug **** a.ss bi*ch n*gga or some sh*t. Dude has always said he has two KGs. One is off the court where everybody loves him and he is just a regular dude. Then he has the self described "maniac" that is all about competition on the court and that he wont apologize for the on court him because its just a mentality he has so he can compete at the highest level.

Some big fan you are and you hadnt seen the many interviews of him saying that but tried to name drop a couple well respected white journalists saying he was humble to attempt to prove a point.

In the end he's the same dude now that he was 20 years ago. Nothing wrong with that I guess as long as you can differentiate between the two

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 04-22-2011 at 12:11 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #19
space
space
 beantown said:
Grown men too scared to say something to the person's face and anonymously going to the media. If you're smaller than KG that doesn't mean you're immune to his sh*t talking. Dude is 6'11, there's not going to be many guys "bigger" than him :rolleyes: and I've seen him go after plenty of 7 footers since he's been here.

These divas with their feelings hurt talkin through the media anonymously are priceless. Kind of like Noah talking big on the radio but scared to go at KG in person, or Villanueva talking bad about KG via twitter, or the Suns' coach Gentry talking bad about KG through the media. It's so ironic that this coward player X is calling KG a coward but doesn't have the testicles to say it to KG's face himself.
How do we know this guy hasnt confronted KG before? We dont know that he has or hasnt but I would love for ESPN one day to release the names of these X piece contributors. Maybe not say which piece was theirs but just list those that contributed one to them. My money is on Amare Stoudemire for this particular one though.
 7 years ago '06        #20
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 deemoney23 said:
I'm not sure wtf you're talking about either.

KG is humble, was in Minn and he is in Boston, however that doesn't mean he's not a sh*t talker. Being humble isn't about what you say to other players on the court, it's about not being in the media talking about how great you are, or worrying about your own individual accomplishments. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

sh*t talking is, and always will be, a part of the game, so what you wanna cry because a certain player talks too much and you can't handle it Go cry your eyes. I'm sure people have said way worse sh*t than what KG allegedly said to Villanueva except Charlie V was such a bi*ch about it that he decided to go cry through the media and on twitter (then had the nerve to challenge him to a f!ght via twitter too )
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago