online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

13 years ago '08        #1
8286 page views
0 comments

flix02  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5036 5 K  Slaps total: 315 315
Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack"

Despite his popularized association to marijuana, Louisiana rapper Curren$y has shared his issues with hip-hop developing stereotypes relating to "weed rappers."
Click here to find out more!

From Curren$y's perspective, the stereotype gives a negative annotation to hip-hop.

"I think the term weed rapper is wack," Curren$y said in an interview. "I think it was created by rappers who are trying to use weed as a subject matter that will get them put on in the game, in a sense. If you remember in CB4 how that group had to make themselves be gangstas just to get on. So now weed rappers are people who are faking to be high all the time so that they could get on and be popular and rap. They're not high, they don't even know good weed. They're probably just smoking regular, ki1lin' themselves but it's just like, 'All I do is rap about being high, so I can catch the wave like Spitta and 'em.' It's bullsh--. I don't just f--kin' talk about weed so I know it's that bullsh--." (RapFix)
The rapper recently told SOHH his three favorite celebrities he would get high with.

"I would want to f*cking smoke with Cheech Marin," Curren$y told SOHH. "I would want to smoke with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I don't know if he really smokes but it would be tight. I bet he has the best stories about the NBA. The last person I'd pick is [stand-up comedienne] Sandra Bernhard. She's like Andrew Dice Clay. I don't know where she is right now but I remember once she was doing an HBO special and took her shirt off and that was pretty tight." (SOHH)
Last year, rapper Devin the Dude talked to SOHH about modifying marijuana usage punishments.

"I'm very much for, at the very least, the decriminalization of weed. I wouldn't mind it being legal, but if the powers that be could at least decriminalize the punishment [for weed possession], I think it will be a lot better. I think it will help the nation a lot more than it will hurt it. I also think you could profit off of it too, medically and financially. And especially with getting the laws changed so that people wouldn't have to miss weeks of work and mess up their whole schedule because there's weed involved or with people having police kicking in doors and doing all kinds of crazy stuff because of a type of grass." (SOHH Guest Star)
Yesterday, April 20th, marked the annual debate on the drug's legalization.
420, 4:20 and 4/20 are all pot smoker code for lighting up, and each April 20 (get it?) crowds gather in cities across the U.S. to celebrate cannabis and push for laws okaying its use. Some toke for pleasure, others for better health. But what's the truth about "medical marijuana?" On one side of the debate are those who see pot as a near-miracle drug with benefits for a wide range of ailments, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, chronic pain, and neurological disorders. On the other are those who insist that scientific evidence to support these claims is iffy - and that the push to legalize marijuana across the country is just an excuse potheads use to keep themselves out of jail. (CBS News)
 Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack" | SOHH.COM
+2   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding