Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
7225 pageviews
118 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack"

Despite his popularized a.ssociation to marijuana, Louisiana rapper Curren$y has shared his issues with hip-hop developing stereotypes relating to "weed rappers."
Click here to find out more!

From Curren$y's perspective, the stereotype gives a negative annotation to hip-hop.

"I think the term weed rapper is wack," Curren$y said in an interview. "I think it was created by rappers who are trying to use weed as a subject matter that will get them put on in the game, in a sense. If you remember in CB4 how that group had to make themselves be gangstas just to get on. So now weed rappers are people who are faking to be high all the time so that they could get on and be popular and rap. They're not high, they don't even know good weed. They're probably just smoking regular, k!llin' themselves but it's just like, 'All I do is rap about being high, so I can catch the wave like Spitta and 'em.' It's bullsh--. I don't just f--kin' talk about weed so I know it's that bullsh--." (RapFix)
The rapper recently told SOHH his three favorite celebrities he would get high with.

"I would want to f*cking smoke with Cheech Marin," Curren$y told SOHH. "I would want to smoke with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I don't know if he really smokes but it would be tight. I bet he has the best stories about the NBA. The last person I'd pick is [stand-up comedienne] Sandra Bernhard. She's like Andrew Dice Clay. I don't know where she is right now but I remember once she was doing an HBO special and took her shirt off and that was pretty tight." (SOHH)
Last year, rapper Devin the Dude talked to SOHH about modifying marijuana usage punishments.

"I'm very much for, at the very least, the decriminalization of weed. I wouldn't mind it being legal, but if the powers that be could at least decriminalize the punishment [for weed possession], I think it will be a lot better. I think it will help the nation a lot more than it will hurt it. I also think you could profit off of it too, medically and financially. And especially with getting the laws changed so that people wouldn't have to miss weeks of work and mess up their whole schedule because there's weed involved or with people having police kicking in doors and doing all kinds of crazy stuff because of a type of grass." (SOHH Guest Star)
Yesterday, April 20th, marked the annual debate on the drug's legalization.
420, 4:20 and 4/20 are all pot smoker code for lighting up, and each April 20 (get it?) crowds gather in cities across the U.S. to celebrate cannabis and push for laws okaying its use. Some toke for pleasure, others for better health. But what's the truth about "medical marijuana?" On one side of the debate are those who see pot as a near-miracle drug with benefits for a wide range of ailments, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, chronic pain, and neurological disorders. On the other are those who insist that scientific evidence to support these claims is iffy - and that the push to legalize marijuana across the country is just an excuse potheads use to keep themselves out of jail. (CBS News)

[pic - click to view]

Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack" | SOHH.COM

118 comments for "Curren$y Burns Up Hip-Hop Stereotype, "I Think The Term Weed Rapper Is Wack""

04-21-2011, 10:19 AM         #2
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats what you are n*gga, thats what you are...

yo...

"they probably smoking regular"

ok fam....
 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM         #3
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"so they can catch the wave with with Spitta and em??"

ok.....
 7 years ago '10        #4
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,874 | Props total: 20888 20888
 WorldsStrangest said:
thats what you are n*gga, thats what you are...

yo...

"they probably smoking regular"

ok fam....
 WorldsStrangest said:
"so they can catch the wave with with Spitta and em??"

ok.....
 7 years ago '04        #6
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
currensy is a weed rapper and hes mad that wiz got put on and he didnt... hustle hard.
 7 years ago '06        #7
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
 MegaTON said:
currensy is a weed rapper and hes mad that wiz got put on and he didnt... hustle hard.
this is one of the most incorrect posts ive ever seen
 7 years ago '04        #8
lilflip01 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,160 | Props total: 16 16
Spitta aint no weed rapper, He been talkin bout all dat stuff wen he was wid cash money, Learn yo history bruh
 7 years ago '10        #9
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 BasedSkins said:
Why would care what some weed rapper thinks

i roll up i roll up when i see you i roll up

these n*ggas garbage

That hell lyrics are these

Can't even get the lyrics right
 7 years ago '04        #10
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
 BasedSkins said:
Why would care what some weed rapper thinks

i roll up i roll up when i see you i roll up

these n*ggas garbage
lmao
 04-21-2011, 11:56 AM         #11
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why would Spitta be mad about Wiz being big...that n*gga happy for him
 7 years ago '04        #12
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
i love how he gets that ape face every time he lights up another "jet" or "plane" or "elevator" or whatever the fu*k these f*ggots call em these days.
 7 years ago '05        #13
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
wait....so a rapper who's whole entire gimmick is being high all the time, smoking the "finest" tree's has a problem being termed a "Weed Rapper" ???
 7 years ago '07        #14
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
The only people labeling him strictly as a weed rapper misinterpret the full range of his style.
 7 years ago '10        #15
Based Nobleman 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,092 | Props total: 244 244
 LBThrizzy said:
this is one of the most incorrect posts ive ever seen
i agree dude has it twisted
 7 years ago '08        #16
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,114 | Props total: 2647 2647
 MegaTON said:
lmao
spitta got more money than wiz
wtf you talkin about n*gga?
 7 years ago '05        #17
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
The only people labeling him strictly as a weed rapper misinterpret the full range of his style.
stan's gone stan

Based Nobleman said:
i agree dude has it twisted
Yo fam, serious question. I looked at your avi, your username and finally your signature.

Some of ya'll n*ggas stan so hard, ya'll being led off a deep cliff. you should really stop listening to music in general, you sir are truly easy to suggest.
 7 years ago '08        #18
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,114 | Props total: 2647 2647
 ronin said:
wait....so a rapper who's whole entire gimmick is being high all the time, smoking the "finest" tree's has a problem being termed a "Weed Rapper" ???
Entire gimmick?
y'all n*ggas just be talkin about artists yall dont know the history of at all
the n*gga is a rapper who smokes alot/loves weed
that =/= a weed rapper
 7 years ago '04        #19
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
hes not a broad scale like jay-z,pac,ghostface etc. he raps about weed A LOT, all his interviews he clearly states how "high" he is, even if it's not an interview he'll be sitting somewhere smoking weed drinking fresh squeezed lemonade... he talks about other sh*t but let's be honest the weed comes first...
 7 years ago '05        #20
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Imagin3 said:
Entire gimmick?
y'all n*ggas just be talkin about artists yall dont know the history of at all
the n*gga is a rapper who smokes alot/loves weed
that =/= a weed rapper
come on man, I understand you a huge Currency fan. And I aint knocking him smoking weed, but if in EVERY picture, article, interview, video and song he references marijuana either in lyrics or smoking it then how the hell does he or his fan's get mad at the perception he is a "Weed Rapper".

Quit stan'n and getting your panties in a bunch, it is what it is.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago