Help with my turtle beaches.

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '05        #21
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7118 7118
 duval88 said:

I don't have an Xbox so excuse me if this is a dumb question but will the Xbox allow you to use HDMI for video and then the composite's for audio(red and white)? That's the only solution I can see, then you would just need to run the red and white to another audio source and plug up the green wire just as if you were connecting it to the tv.
Yes, it will allow you to do that. Have to do a little tinkering around back there and take off the casing off the big component cable, but it's fairly easy as far as I've heard. So say I plug the HDMI from the 360 to the computer monitor, then the component cable I plug it from the 360 to...what? Where would I then plug the red and white?
 7 years ago '04        #22
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Get the first cable i told you about
 7 years ago '10        #23
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 Reppindaburghh said:
Yes, it will allow you to do that. Have to do a little tinkering around back there and take off the casing off the big component cable, but it's fairly easy as far as I've heard. So say I plug the HDMI from the 360 to the computer monitor, then the component cable I plug it from the 360 to...what? Where would I then plug the red and white?
You would need another audio source whether it be a tv or a stereo system or something
 7 years ago '05        #24
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Get the first cable i told you about
Where would I plug the red/green/blue side of that cable?
 7 years ago '05        #25
space
space
 duval88 said:
You would need another audio source whether it be a tv or a stereo system or something
Oh, sh*t. That actually seems like the perfect idea. The wires from the 360 aren't long enough to have them 360 to the TV and the computer simultaneously, though. Bout to look around for a longer wire.
 7 years ago '04        #26
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
The red white plug into the cable and you plug the vga part of the cable to your monitors vga port
 7 years ago '06        #27
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I have TB headphones.

Just get a dvi/hdmi cord man. /thread.
 7 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
I have TB headphones.

Just get a dvi/hdmi cord man. /thread.
 7 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 duval88 said:
Tried that, but whenever I plug the component cord into the back of my 360 it over-rides the HDMI plugged into my monitor for whatever reason and my computer screen goes black.
 7 years ago '05        #30
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
The red white plug into the cable and you plug the vga part of the cable to your monitors vga port
Probably a stupid question, but the red/white plug into what cable? The cable in your first post? Nothing can plug into that.
 7 years ago '10        #31
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Tried that, but whenever I plug the component cord into the back of my 360 it over-rides the HDMI plugged into my monitor for whatever reason and my computer screen goes black.

what about this

[pic - click to view]

works the same way except there's no video being sent to the composite so it shouldn't override the hdmi. in theory anyway
 7 years ago '05        #32
space
space
 duval88 said:
what about this

[pic - click to view]

works the same way except there's no video being sent to the composite so it shouldn't override the hdmi. in theory anyway
With that, I plug the HDMI in the top picture into the back of the console, then plug the HDMI in the bottom picture into the back of that and then into my monitor, then I plug the red and white from the turtle beaches into the ports on the top picture?

:hmm:

Guess I'll try that tomorrow. Can I pick one of those up at Bestbuy or something?
 7 years ago '10        #33
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
With that, I plug the HDMI in the top picture into the back of the console, then plug the HDMI in the bottom picture into the back of that and then into my monitor, then I plug the red and white from the turtle beaches into the ports on the top picture?

:hmm:

Guess I'll try that tomorrow. Can I pick one of those up at Bestbuy or something?
I don't know where you could get it. I didn't even know it existed, I stumbled across it looking for something else Save the pic to your phone and take it to gamestop or best buy and see what they say

and yeah hook it up just like you said. I don't think you would need the HDMI cable though since you already have one, just the other part. I don't think there's anything special about that HDMI cable
 7 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 duval88 said:
I don't know where you could get it. I didn't even know it existed, I stumbled across it looking for something else Save the pic to your phone and take it to gamestop or best buy and see what they say

and yeah hook it up just like you said. I don't think you would need the HDMI cable though since you already have one, just the other part. I don't think there's anything special about that HDMI cable
Just got off the phone with Turtle Beach customer service and thats EXACTLY what I need. Calling around a few stores now to see if they still have that, apparently Microsoft discontinued it so most stores don't carry it anymore.

Edit: All the Best Buys around here didn't have it, so I just ordered it off of Amazon with one day shipping for 15 bucks.

I read the reviews and a lot of people left negative feedback for the fact that, for whatever reason, with this wire if I change the input on my monitor to say, check the internet in between rounds of a game, my 360 will reboot. That's not really an issue for me, I would never be checking the internet or attempting to watch TV while my 360 or PS3 were still turned on, unless I had just saved the game anyway.

Other than that it received generally good reviews and seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Worst case scenario I'm out 15 bucks and I'll have to try and figure something else out but this seems to be exactly what I need. I'll update tomorrow with my results.
 7 years ago '06        #35
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm giving you the simple solution to your issue so you didn't have to waste your time or anybody elses with your extremely confusing description. Dunno what the response is all about.

DVI from cpu into HDMI port of TV, Audio out white/red from tv to your headphones. Usb plug stays in computer.
 7 years ago '10        #36
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Just got off the phone with Turtle Beach customer service and thats EXACTLY what I need. Calling around a few stores now to see if they still have that, apparently Microsoft discontinued it so most stores don't carry it anymore.

Edit: All the Best Buys around here didn't have it, so I just ordered it off of Amazon with one day shipping for 15 bucks.

I read the reviews and a lot of people left negative feedback for the fact that, for whatever reason, with this wire if I change the input on my monitor to say, check the internet in between rounds of a game, my 360 will reboot. That's not really an issue for me, I would never be checking the internet or attempting to watch TV while my 360 or PS3 were still turned on, unless I had just saved the game anyway.

Other than that it received generally good reviews and seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Worst case scenario I'm out 15 bucks and I'll have to try and figure something else out but this seems to be exactly what I need. I'll update tomorrow with my results.

That's whats up. Glad you found what you needed.

As far as the 360 rebooting problem, that seems like Microsoft could easily fix
 7 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
I'm giving you the simple solution to your issue so you didn't have to waste your time or anybody elses with your extremely confusing description. Dunno what the response is all about.

DVI from cpu into HDMI port of TV, Audio out white/red from tv to your headphones. Usb plug stays in computer.
HDMI port on the TV in question is fried. Guess I should've explained that. One of them works, but I have my cable box hooked up to it and unhooking and rehooking every time I want to play would be a bi*ch. The entire reason I wanted to hook the 360 to the monitor is so I could watch NBA/NHL playoffs on the big screen in HD while gaming in HD on my computer monitor, and the 2nd HDMI port on this TV in my main room stopped working awhile back for whatever reason. Thanks for the suggestion though. Hopefully when I get this cable tomorrow my problem is solved.
 7 years ago '06        #38
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
HDMI port on the TV in question is fried. Guess I should've explained that. One of them works, but I have my cable box hooked up to it and unhooking and rehooking every time I want to play would be a bi*ch. The entire reason I wanted to hook the 360 to the monitor is so I could watch NBA/NHL playoffs on the big screen in HD while gaming in HD on my computer monitor, and the 2nd HDMI port on this TV in my main room stopped working awhile back for whatever reason. Thanks for the suggestion though. Hopefully when I get this cable tomorrow my problem is solved.
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-1-Out-Auto-Switch-Cable/dp/B0018DQYQ2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303417234&sr=1-3
There are also ones with only 2 instead of 3 for cheaper.

Best of luck bruh.
 7 years ago '05        #39
space
space

Got the cord today, still didn't work. As soon as I plug the cord into the back of my 360, my computer monitor exits the HDMI input and just goes black for 3-4 seconds and goes back to the VGA input .

Heres the email I just sent Turtle Beaches customer service.

Ok.

I have a set of Ear Force x11's.

I primarily use them with the X-Box 360, so we'll go with that.

Typically, I have it hooked up to my television like so:

Step 1: USB from Turtle Beaches into the front of the 360.
Step 2: Plug green cord into green port that came with the Turtle Beaches.
Step 3: On the other end of that green port, I plug the red and white wires into the back of the TV.
Step 4: Plug the red and white wires from the back of my 360 into the back of the red and white wires that I just plugged into the back of the TV.

Works fine.

Now, with the NBA and NHL playoffs going on, I'm attempting to hook my 360 up to my computer monitor, so I can continue to watch television on my big screen as I game on my 360 or PS3. This is where I am running into a problem.

I set them up like so:

Step 1: 360 plugged via HDMI directly into monitor.
Step 2: Plug the USB from the turtle beaches into the front of the 360.

Thats where it stopped. The pink and green wires would just dangle there, as I had no pink or green ports on my monitor, nor did I have any red and white ones. The chat audio comes through the headphones perfectly, but no game audio (Obviously, seeing as the green and pink cord are just dangling there, not plugged into anything.

I called your customer service yesterday (Thursday, April 21st) and was directed to buying this wire,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WIG4LW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=19AV9EPPYXSHQJX6K70M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Not the HDMI, of course, seeing as I already have several, but the other wire.

So I overnighted that from Amazon, it just arrived today. I plug it into the back of my 360, and then I proceed to plug the green cord that dangles near the USB (On the turtle beaches) into the green port that came with the turtle beaches. Other end of that I plug the red and white cords into the red and white ports on that cord I just plugged into the back of my 360. Viola, perfect game and chat audio via the headset.

I think my problem is solved, BUT, then I run into a pretty big problem. On my computer monitor, when I turn my 360 on I have to go to Menu>Input>HDMI on my monitors settings in order to get the picture to show up on my monitor. Now, whenever I have this cord I have just purchased (The one in the link above, as directed by your customer service yesterday), the monitor REFUSES to stay on the HDMI input. It immediately jumps back to VGA.

So, for example.

No cord (In the link above) plugged into the 360, go to Menu>Input>HDMI, video works fine. Unfortunately, no game audio through the turtle beaches.

Then I plug the cord into the back of the 360, and the game audio now comes through the Turtle Beaches perfectly, however my monitor immediately exits the HDMI screen, goes black for 3 or 4 seconds, and immediately goes back to the VGA screen (Equivalent to Menu>Input>VGA), where my internet browser/desktop/etc are.

Not sure how to solve this problem. I can either game with perfect HD video and no sound other then chat, or I could game with perfect quality audio through the headset, and no video. Pretty rough situation.

Here is the monitor in question,

Gateway, Model # FHX2300

This seems to be it,

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as gaming on my computer monitor would be an EXTREME convenience and I have been nothing but satisfied with your product(s) since the day I purchased them.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy