Help with my turtle beaches.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
8058 pageviews
38 comments

ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
Help with my turtle beaches.

Ok, so heres the deal.

Typically I have my turtle beaches hooked to my 360 or PS3 which is hooked to my TV. I do it the typical way, USB in the front of the 360, green cord into green cord, other end of that cord, the red and white portion, into the back of my TV, 360 red and white cords into the back of the turtle beach red and white cords. Works fine, always has.

But I'm trying to hook my 360/PS3 up to my desktop. We will go with the 360 for this example. I have an HDMI plugged from my 360 to the back of my monitor. I then plug the USB from the turtle beaches into the front of the 360. Then plug the turtle beaches into my controller. I get the voice chat audio fine through my turtle beaches, but the game audio is coming out of my monitor. I know this is simple, but how the fu*k do I get the game audio to come through my turtle beaches this way. Simple version is plug the green cord from the turtle beaches into the green port that comes with them, then plug the red and white cords on the other end of that into my TV. But my computer monitor doesn't have red and white ports.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 04-20-2011 at 06:24 PM..

38 comments for "Help with my turtle beaches."

7 years ago '11        #2
L1C4 72 heat pts72
space
space
$8,014 | Props total: 2240 2240
a bit confused here
 7 years ago '10        #3
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
I think maybe you need a usb external sound card like i need to cross my 360 TB over to my ps3
Thats my guess...
 7 years ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
 7 years ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Glockcoma AKs said:
a bit confused here
Yeah me too. I have no idea what you're saying TS.
 7 years ago '05        #6
space
space
Heres my monitor, if it helps.

Signal Inputs (1) HDMI w/HDCP, (1) VGA, (1) DVI w/HDCP, (1) PC Audio
 7 years ago '04        #7
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
You need to get one of these...to make the game audio come through your monitor since your monitor Probably has DVI...if the monitor doesn't have a plug that looks like that... then go on monoprice and search "RCA to HDMI cable" or "RCA to Composite cable"

[pic - click to view]

but this is $1.76 for a 6 ft cable they have a 3 ft too but I don't know how long you need

7 years ago '04        #8
space
space
Hey Ill, do you know if there's any way to get my PSP-2000 to play on my PC Monitor? I have a DVI port as well as the standard port.
 7 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 kuruption said:
Yeah me too. I have no idea what you're saying TS.
I may have not explained clearly as I am frustrated,

Like I said we'll roll with the 360 as this example.

Typically, I have my turtle beaches X11's hooked up to my 360 (When using my TV) like so:

Step 1: Plug the USB from the turtle beaches into the front of the X-Box.
Step 2: Plug the green cord that dangles near the USB cord into the green port on the cord that comes with the turtle beaches.
Step 3: On the other end of that cord is a 1 red and 1 white composite/component that I plug into the back of my TV.
Step 4: I plug the red and white cords from the back of my X-Box into the back of the red and white cords that I just plugged into the TV.

Works fine.

On the computer monitor:

Step 1: Plug 360 via HDMI into the back of my monitor.
Step 2: Plug the USB from my turtle beaches into the front of my 360.

Thats where it stops, theres nothing else for me to plug in. The green and pink cords that dangle near the USB of the turtle beaches are just dangling there with nowhere to go.

I have perfect video on the monitor via the HDMI and I have audio coming out of my monitor (TINY, damn near silent area on the very top of my monitor). Voice chat still works fine through the turtle beaches, but no game audio is coming through them (Obviously). What the hell do I do with the green and pink cords that are dangling there, not plugged into anything, in order to get audio through the turtle beaches.
 7 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 kuruption said:
Hey Ill, do you know if there's any way to get my PSP-2000 to play on my PC Monitor? I have a DVI port as well as the standard port.
Yeah but you need this...

http://www.lenkeng.net/Html/Product/LKV7000.html

Though PSP is designed for portable usage, when players are at home, they may be more excited to play it on bigger screen. LKV7000 PSP to PC Converter converts component video of PSP 2000 or PSP3000 to PC VGA, and display it in full screen on PC monitor or LCD. With LKV7000, PSP players no longer need to fix their eyes on the small PSP screen all day.
The* most innovative technique of this PSP to PC converter box is it achieves full screen display on PC or TV Screen, solving the problem of only partial display on PC or TV screen by other normal conversion. It is purely hardware design, plug and play.
 7 years ago '05        #11
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
You need to get one of these...to make the game audio come through your monitor since your monitor Probably has DVI...if the monitor doesn't have a plug that looks like that... then go on monoprice and search "RCA to HDMI cable" or "RCA to Composite cable"

[pic - click to view]

but this is $1.76 for a 6 ft cable they have a 3 ft too but I don't know how long you need

:hmm:

PM'ed you with an additional question.
 7 years ago '04        #12
space
space
Grean and pink or red and white wires? Becauseif its red and white then get this instead go on monoprice.com and search RCA to 3.5mm and plug the 3.5mm end into your monitor
 7 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Grean and pink or red and white wires? Becauseif its red and white then get this instead go on monoprice.com and search RCA to 3.5mm and plug the 3.5mm end into your monitor
The turtle beaches break off into 3 sections, a USB, a green, and a pink. I plug the USB into the 360, then I typically plug the green into another green, which has a red and white on the other end of it. I then plug the red and white into the back of my TV and just leave the pink dangling there down near the front of the X-Box. With the computer monitor though, there is no red and white ports anywhere.
 04-20-2011, 08:09 PM         #14
Alexein Aner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
which tbs are you using? its usually grn wire for audio jack + usb for power/voice chat.
 7 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Yeah but you need this...

fu*k, how much is that? I might just be better off copping the Component Cables on eBay.
 7 years ago '10        #16
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
I'm trying to picture this sh*t in my head but it's confusing as fu*k. Without that green wire plugged into anything I don't think you're going to get any audio through the headset. The pink wire you don't have to worry about. Does your monitor have a headphone jack?
 7 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 duval88 said:
I'm trying to picture this sh*t in my head but it's confusing as fu*k. Without that green wire plugged into anything I don't think you're going to get any audio through the headset. The pink wire you don't have to worry about. Does your monitor have a headphone jack?
No the monitor has no headphone jack. I plug regular headphones into my computer speakers, which are obviously hooked up to my actual computer, not the monitor.

And about not being able to accomplish anything without plugging the green wire into something, I figured as much. Thats where I'm confused, don't know wtf to do with the green wire. There is a green Audio slot on the back of my monitor, but it seems to be audio-in, because when I plug the green wire from the turtle beaches into it, it does nothing, audio keeps coming out of the speaker on the monitor.
 7 years ago '06        #18
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
buy a dvi-hdmi cord for ur computer to tv, problem solved
 7 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 Chimere said:
which tbs are you using? its usually grn wire for audio jack + usb for power/voice chat.
Earforce X11's, and yeah the green wire is key. I don't know what the fu*k to do with it right now though .

7 years ago '10        #20
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 Reppindaburghh said:
No the monitor has no headphone jack. I plug regular headphones into my computer speakers, which are obviously hooked up to my actual computer, not the monitor.

And about not being able to accomplish anything without plugging the green wire into something, I figured as much. Thats where I'm confused, don't know wtf to do with the green wire. There is a green Audio slot on the back of my monitor, but it seems to be audio-in, because when I plug the green wire from the turtle beaches into it, it does nothing, audio keeps coming out of the speaker on the monitor.

Yeah it's audio in then. I honestly don't see how you're going to be able to accomplish what you're trying to do by using HDMI and going to a monitor. The HDMI cable is sending audio from the XBox to the monitor but the Turtle Beaches need a way to get that audio from the monitor and route it back to the headset. Problem is your monitor doesn't have any audio "outs" only "ins."

I don't have an Xbox so excuse me if this is a dumb question but will the Xbox allow you to use HDMI for video and then the composite's for audio(red and white)? That's the only solution I can see, then you would just need to run the red and white to another audio source and plug up the green wire just as if you were connecting it to the tv.

Last edited by duval88; 04-20-2011 at 10:47 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy