Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
vitali by ko 4 100.00%
vitali by decision 0 0%
draw 0 0%
adamek by ko 0 0%
adamek by decision 0 0%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
6908 pageviews
101 comments

stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30523 30523
Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek [9-10-11][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011
Wroclaw, Poland (HBO)

Vitali Klitschko vs. Tomasz Adamek
12 Rounds - Heavyweight Division (for Klitschko's WBC title)

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. damek-1551111/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 09-06-2011 at 12:46 PM..

101 comments for "Vitali Klitschko vs Tomasz Adamek [9-10-11][HBO]"

7 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
By Chris LaBate

Heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek (43-1, 28KOs) revealed that he's going to sign a contract to face a Klitschko brother as early as next week. Adamek become a serious option after WBA heavyweight champion David Haye brushed aside a proposed July 2 date with WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.

Adamek has an interim f!ght in Poland on April 16. The opponent is not set. Former champion Hasim Rahman was recently being considered. Klitschko vs. Adamek would take place in September in a new soccer stadium located in Poland.

"I will make one f!ght in April. I am not sure who it will be against yet, maybe next week I will know more after I sign the contract with Klitschko," Adamek told Brad Cooney of 8CountNews.com.

Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente told BoxingScene.com a few days ago that Adamek agreed to f!ght either of the two brothers in September. The schedules of the two brothers will decide who Adamek f!ghts. Vitali defends the WBC title against Odlanier Solis on March 19. Wladimir will put his titles on the line against Dereck Chisora on April 30.

7 years ago '06        #3
space
space
Klitschko vs Adamek Will Bring Likely Return To HBO

By Ruslan Chikov

Reports in Germany suggest that American cable network HBO is very interested in televising the September battle between Tomasz Adamek (43-1, 28KOs) and WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49KOs). Neither Klitschko brother has appeared on HBO since Vitali beat Chris Arreola in September 2009. Wladimir has not been on the network since stopping Hasim Rahman in December 2008.

The proposed Klitschko-Adamek battle is being negotiated for a new soccer stadium in Poland. Klitschko will first defend his belts against Dereck Chisora on April 30 in Germany. Adamek comes back against an yet to be announced opponent on April 16 in Poland.

7 years ago '06        #4
space
space
Klitschko-Adamek: 62,000 Will Likely Mob The Stadium

By Lem Satterfield

Kathy Duva, CEO of Main Events and promoter of Tomasz Adamek, says the upcoming f!ght with WBO, IBO and IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is one of the biggest stories sweeping Europe. The f!ght would take place in September in a European soccer stadium in Poland that borders Germany.

The potential f!ght became mainstream news in Adamek's country of Poland. The likely venue, which seats 62,000, was constructed for the 2012 European soccer championships that are going to be held in Poland. Adamek's rabid fans are going to mob the stadium in numbers large enough to make Klitschko the ring villain for the first time in several years.

"Can you imagine what this f!ght would be? To put this into perspective, considering how big soccer is in Europe, this would be like if we took Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and put them into the first big f!ght at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium," Duva said. "That's kind of how big this story is in Europe. Right now, today, in Poland, it's the only thing that is in the news. It's happening very quickly, and it's all subject to contracts being completed, but we're all thrilled."

Duva is the one who first hatched the idea when she found out some of the details regarding the stadium. She approached the Klitschko side with her idea a few days ago, and the two sides were able to quickly agree on most of the terms.

"A few months ago, when I found out that this building was on the border of Poland and Germany, it occurred to me that it would be a really good idea to put a f!ght between the Klitschkos and Adamek there. I was put in touch with one of the European contacts, and have been talking to them for a couple of months," said Duva.

"I basically put together a really attractive scenario for that f!ght to take place there as the main event in that stadium in September. So, on Thursday, I went and proposed this to [Klitschko adviser] Shelly Finkel and the Klitschko people and they liked the idea a lot, so, I think that we're going to do it."

All three of the f!ghters mentioned have upcoming bouts scheduled.

Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) defends his belts against Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9 KOs) of London on April 30. Vitali Klitschko (41-2, 38 KOs) will defend his WBC title against Odlanier Solis (17-0, 12 KOs) on March 19, and Adamek (43-1, 28 KOs) returns on April 16.

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor at AOL FanHouse and the news editor at BoxingScene.com. To read more from Lem Satterfield, go to AOL FanHouse by Clicking Here.

7 years ago '06        #5
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,483 | Props total: 258 258
i will be there no ifs ands or buts!!!
 7 years ago '07        #6
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 NOCCOWT said:
i will be there no ifs ands or buts!!!
ur going to poland?

U from Brighton Beach?
 7 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
Based on what I just watched.... Adamek has a negative 10% chance of winning. McBride is probably the worst tune-up f!ght... dude is the exact opposite of what you need to work on for a Klitschko.

Physically speaking though.... Adamek did look good. His physique has looked a lot better to me since the Areola f!ght.
 7 years ago '06        #8
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011
Wroclaw, Poland (HBO)

Vitali Klitschko vs. Tomasz Adamek
12 Rounds - Heavyweight Division (for Klitschko's WBC title)

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 05-24-2011 at 08:59 PM..
 06-09-2011, 11:07 PM         #9
hemanthjava 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
World Boxing Council heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (40-2, 38 KO’s) could be the first of the Klitschko brothers to get a stab at heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek (42-1, 27 KO’s) on September 10 2011.

7 years ago '06        #10
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
OMG Why? This is gone be worst then Vlad vs byrd 2
 6 years ago '05        #11
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
Birthday boy Vitali Klitschko promises more drama vs Adamek than Wlad-Haye f!ght

[pic - click to view]

There was a beehive worth of buzz leading up to the Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye f!ght in some circles, though in the US, there was an absence of expected electricity. That was largely stemming from the fact that the f!ght took place in Hamburg, and wasn't truly promoted in the States like it could've been. But some of us strongly considered the possibility that the actual contest wouldn't match the pre-f!ght hype, the two plus years of heated back and forth between crap-stirrer David "All Hat, No Cattle" Haye and Wladimir. And sad to say, the clash was a bigger dud than most anyone predicted, as Haye went all Gandhi that night, and Wlad didn't let his blood reach a boil, didn't let Haye's verbal campaign distract him from his strategy.

There won't be as much buzz as we look ahead to the next meaningful heavyweight clash, which pits big brother Vitali Klitschko (42-2 with 39 KOs) against Polish contender Tomasz Adamek (44-1 with 28 KOs; sole loss to Chad Dawson, as a light heavyweight, in 2007), but we will bet the kids' college fund that f!ght, which will take place in Poland on Sept. 10, will be a more fan friendly encounter than the Wlad-Haye hoedown.

Vitali Klitscko and Adamek promised as much on Tuesday afternoon, at a press luncheon at HBO headquarters in Manhattan. Now, one might not have gotten that impression if one saw Adamek wish Klitschko a happy birthday--he turned 40 on Tuesday--and seen the men hug each other, or heard Vitali joke, "You will f!ght against an old man." But if you're at all familiar with Adamek's resume, and V's KO-percentage, which is 89%, the highest of any heavyweight titlist in history, then you know that any fears we will see another dreary waltz are overstated.

A slight cloud hung over the room, as all f!ghtwriters in attendance were well aware that HBO boxing boss Ross Greenburg had officially announced his impending resignation from the company a day before. But it was business as usual for the crew working the event, which included senior VP Kery Davis, and media relations' Ray Stallone and Kevin Flaherty. "Business as usually," they stated when asked if Greenburg was still making decisions. Fair enough, considering that HBO will show a high profile tussle, the Amir Khan-Zab Judah f!ght, on Saturday night. TSS came away with the belief that truly, the folks underneath Greenburg are simply hacking away, doing their jobs, and waiting for some clarity on the future of boxing at the company.

"I know how good Adamek is, I know this will be a real battle, this will not be an easy f!ght," said the birthday boy, who was relaxed, and thoughtful during the 1 1/2 hour session. "I do not want to underestimate him."

Vitali addressed the lingering stink from the Wlad-Haye event, directly and indirectly, a few times. "A couple weeks ago, my brother fought Haye. Many journalists asked me, who is the stronger f!ghter. David Haye no question is the much stronger than Adamek...by talking. He's unbeatable by talking...It will be much more interesting than Haye f!ght. David Haye doesn't want to f!ght, he wants to run away. I know for Adamek it's a good challenge, good motivation to be world champion."

Vitali reiterated his desire to f!ght Haye, and said he wants to knock Haye to the canvas, to punish him for his trashtalking. He stated that he didn't want to look past Adamek, and cited Mike Tyson looking past Buster Douglas, and his brother looking past Corrie Sanders as examples of what can happen if one looks past a foe.

"I am more than sure the f!ght September tenth will be much more dramatic, more action, than the my brother against Haye, because Haye runs away, he doesn't want to to f!ght, Tomasz is a f!ghter."

Adamek took a slap at Haye as well. "I watched the f!ght, Haye doesn't want to win," the Pole said.

Vitali was of good spirits, but he did work some psychology on the Pole. "I'm sorry, you were born light," V said to Adamek, playing up his size advantage. "Speed is power," the Pole said.

"A wise man once said, it's not the size of the man, it's the size of his heart," Adamek's promoter Kathy Duva interjected. "And I might add, the size of his (cajones) to that."

"Woman know better than anybody, that's not important," Vitali countered, drawing gales of laughter.

Adamek is the anti David Haye, in many ways. He will never be tasked with hyping a f!ght, as he is a soft spoken man who is disarmingly down to earth, almost shy, in public settings.

But that doesn't mean he lacks confidence. I asked him if he will beat Vitali Klitschko when they tangle on Sept. 10.

Yes, an obvious question...but it's one I like to ask, because you'd be surprised how many f!ghters will not go out on a limb, and say that they will win. Not so Adamek; he didn't hesitate a second before saying.

"Yeah," he said, stating that a firm belief in oneself is necessary.

But.. later, he talked of "giving a good show." Also, he said, "If Vitali doesn't hold me, we will make good f!ght." I do realize this is the realm of pop psychology, but Vitali picked up on it, and asked him if he wasn't laying the groundwork for an excuse, as David Haye did. So I'm not quite sure how much, deep in his heart, Adamek truly believes he parlay some perceived edges, or a single perceived edge, speed, into a win.

Adamek's chances will be helped immensely if Vitali turning 40 marked a deterioration in the f!ghter. I haven't seen it, and asked him if he had. Vitali said he has not, and said his trainer Fritz Sdunek is tasked with telling him if he's lost anything. The f!ghter said Sdunek was up front with him when he tore a knee ligament before a 2005 f!ght with Hasim Rahman, and told him not to f!ght, when others said to f!ght on, and wear a brace.

But of late, his body has held up quite well. Vitali said "not long" when asked how much longer he'd stay in the sport. He then alluded to a "dream" he held on to, which keeps him in the sport. I took it to mean a David Haye f!ght. I asked Vitali about f!ghting Haye. He said he wanted to f!ght Haye, but Wlad convinced V to let him f!ght the Brit. The elder bro said he wanted to punish Haye for his trash talking, and that "I want very much to send him to the floor, and I know I can do that."

A few times, he had to bring himself back to the present task, Adamek, but it seems clear Haye is on his mind. Manager Bernd Bonte spoke up, and said that Team Klitschko wasn't pursuing a another Haye f!ght. He likened Haye to Sultan Ibragimov, and portrayed the Brit as unworthy of being considered for another Klitschko tussle, because of his poor showing.

I asked Vitali if the way he won was important to him.

"The biggest entertainment for boxing fans is when you send your opponent to the floor," he answered. "I know Tomasz has good chin, good speed, but it's good challenge, can I send him to the floor. I can."

Adamek, who won titles at 175, and cruiserweight, said he will come in around 218-220 on f!ght night. Vitali has been around 250 pounds for the last ten years, and is 6-7 1/2, versus 6-1 1/2 for the 34-year-old Adamek.

I don't see Adamek being able to have that much more luck than most everyone Vitali has beaten since he won the vacant WBC belt against Sanders in 2004. I like underdogs, and I admit a fondness for Duva, whose candor and determination I admire, so I hope he performs well. She deserves mucho credit for her long term planning to get Adamek to this place, where he figures to make over $3 million. But a diet of Kevin McBride, Vinnie Maddalone, Michael Grant etc won't do Adamek any favors in his quest. Then again, as Duva pointed out, apart from Wlad, it's not like there are others out there who could've provided a similar level of test for the Pole.

6 years ago '06        #12
space
space
 6 years ago '09        #13
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,274 | Props total: 19428 19428
heavyweight division stay boring lol
 6 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
Klitschko-Adamek: Over 33,000 Tickets Have Been Sold

Article Link -
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Keith Idec

Promoter Kathy Duva expects a sellout crowd in excess of 42,000 to attend the Vitali Klitschko-Tomasz Adamek heavyweight title f!ght Sept. 10 in Wroclaw, Poland.

More than 33,000 tickets already have been sold to what will be one of the biggest sporting events in Poland’s history. An additional 9,000 tickets are expected to go on sale next week, once it is determined which seats will have obstructed views of the ring.

Municipal Stadium in Wroclaw, built primarily to host part of the UEFA Euro 2012 soccer tournament, is near completion. The bout between Poland’s Adamek (44-1, 28 KOs) and Ukraine’s Klitschko (42-2, 39 KOs), the WBC heavyweight champion, will be the first event held at the new stadium.

Wroclaw is close to the German border, but it appears as though the crowd will be decidedly pro-Adamek, much like the crowds for Adamek’s seven f!ghts at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., over the past 2˝ years.

“It’s going to be insane,” said Duva, chief executive officer for Main Events, which co-promotes Adamek. “It’s going to be a party. There are going to be more than 40,000 people there. Also, they’re telling me, and they can tell from the credit card receipts where the tickets are being sold, it’s almost all Polish [fans buying tickets]. We’re on the border of Germany, so I really expected the Germans would come to follow Klitschko. We’re finding that’s not happening. So the crowd could be like the Prudential Center times four.”

Adamek, a former light heavyweight and cruiserweight champion, is a big underdog, but Duva thinks his loud, loyal followers will work to Adamek’s advantage.

“It doesn’t help every f!ghter,” Duva said. “I know guys who fought horribly in their hometowns. Holyfield fought horribly in his hometown. It was the last place we’d ever bring him after he had that f!ght with Bert Cooper [in November 1991 in Atlanta].

“There are other f!ghters that do f!ght well in front of their crowd, and Tomasz is an example of a guy who does. If anything, his only weakness in front of his own crowd was that they tended to egg him on and get him to be a little reckless. But that’s something that [trainer] Roger [Bloodworth] has been working on really hard over the last couple years. That’s been part of the preparation and what’s been so wonderful about having him in front of that big crowd over and over again [at Prudential Center], to get him to learn that you have to win the f!ght, not show off, not respond to the crowd wanting you to brawl. He knows and he has said, ‘I know I’m not going to beat [Klitschko] if I go in and try to brawl with him. Obviously, that’s not what I’m going to do.’ But every time he lands a punch, boy, that place is going to go insane.”

Keith Idec covers boxing for The Record and Herald News, of Woodland Park, NJ., and BoxingScene.com.
 6 years ago '06        #15
space
space
 6 years ago '06        #16
space
space
 6 years ago '05        #17
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
should be a good f!ght in my opinion...i like adameks style
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy