Tyler Perry: 'Spike Lee Can Go Straight To Hell'

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
I'm actually writing a paper for my film class on tyler perry and his madea character and is it hindering the african american female woman...

my thing with his madea movies that i dont think alot of yall are getting is that all these movies are based on staged plays Christian stage plays that he wrote... his niche is the christians, i'm a big fan of his plays even though all the singing annoys me, i feel like his movies are the plays without the singing and it reaches a broader audience to get his Chirstian message across...as for the cooning most of yall prob havent even seen any of his movies or plays, but there's always a message behind them, it may not be on say a spike lee message type level but theres still a message
 7 years ago '10        #62
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 diamond diva said:
I'm actually writing a paper for my film class on tyler perry and his madea character and is it hindering the african american female woman...

my thing with his madea movies that i dont think alot of yall are getting is that all these movies are based on staged plays Christian stage plays that he wrote... his niche is the christians, i'm a big fan of his plays even though all the singing annoys me, i feel like his movies are the plays without the singing and it reaches a broader audience to get his Chirstian message across...as for the cooning most of yall prob havent even seen any of his movies or plays, but there's always a message behind them, it may not be on say a spike lee message type level but theres still a message
I'm confused. Your first statement says that Tyler Perry is hindering the african american female. Then your second paragraph highlights that the shows/movies have a message. I don't know what side of the fence you are on

Last edited by Pete Butter; 04-20-2011 at 01:59 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #63
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 Pete Butter said:
I'm confused. Your first statement says that Tyler Perry is hindering the african american female. Then your second paragraph highlights that the shows/move have a message. I don't know what side of the fence you are on
you read wrong, my thesis is, is tyler perry and his madea character hindering the african american female well something along that lines, its actually alot more to it but thats the jest of it...and as an argumentative paper i do have to explore both sides on the fence in Tyler Perry's case, im neutral cuz i see both points for those that like him, and those that dont
 7 years ago '06        #64
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
"We don't have to worry about anybody else trying to destroy us and take shots because we do it to ourselves." Tyler Perry
True...The hate for Tyler Perry and his work is really disgusting though. You're mad because he's putting our lives on movie screens for everybody to see. You call his work coonery and bafoonery but the truth is...some of our people really act like that...True, he's exploiting it but so do all these other tv networks.

We remedy this by getting our sh*t together. Not by sh*tting on Tyler Perry for forcing us to look in the mirror. Whether he's right or wrong, truth hurts and this forces us to confront it.
 7 years ago '08        #65
Money Noel 
space
space
space
$159 | Props total: 2 2
 J.R. Hyphy said:
Bamboozled > anything tyler perrys done

25th Hour > anything tyler perrys done

Do the Right thing > anything tyler perrys done

Malcolm X > anything tyler perrys done

Crookyln > anything tyler perrys done

He Go Game > anything tyler perrys done

Inside Man > anything tyler perrys done

She Hate Me > anything tyler perrys done

She's Gotta Have It > anything tyler perrys done

Miracle at St. Anna > anything tyler perrys done

When the leeves broke > anything tyler perrys done

If god is willing... > anything tyler perrys done

tyler know he's Pierre Delacroix

what I miss?
Sucker Free City
 7 years ago '04        #66
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Haters gon Hate

Yall act like the world view black people in a favorable light anyway.Like oh if tyler perry didnt make these movies we would be equal.

People act like his characters dont exist.Even tho I think it is played out,I would never hate on him doing something positive with his life and make money for him and others.

Its alot more nig gers than black people and Tylers knows this and caters to them.If it aint broke dont fix it I guess.
 7 years ago '08        #67
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
 megalomaniacal said:
White peoples views on black really dont matter so fu*k it get money, **** is just a made up divisive word and who really gives a fu*k what tyler perry does, hillbilly rednecks still gone be racist regardless of what he ever puts out

This is about BLACK people berating him, not white people.

Everybody hates Tyler Perry, fu*k that race sh*t.
 7 years ago '04        #68
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17382 17382
based on real life?

i dont know anybody in real life that dresses up like a woman and thinks they are someones grandma
 04-20-2011, 03:35 PM         #69
ChaosBeats 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nicoled985 said:
when you get let n*ggas take you out to the strip club nikki?
 7 years ago '07        #70
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 matelyan said:
My family is hispanic (and mostly uneducated & misinformed) and they love them some Tyler Perry. It sickens me.
because it gives them to a chance to laugh at those nappy head cocolos........ not to mention Blacks already aren't that high in on the totem pole in your culture

Last edited by carltouss619; 04-20-2011 at 04:04 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #71
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Perry shouldn't even be allowed to utter spikes name
 7 years ago '07        #72
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 SM said:
"I've never seen Jewish people attack Seinfeld and say, 'This is a stereotype,'" he said. "I've never seen Italian people attack The Sopranos, I've never seen Jewish people complaining about Mrs. Doubtfire or Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. I never saw it. It's always black people, and this is something that I cannot undo. ... We don't have to worry about anybody else trying to destroy us and take shots because we do it to ourselves."

Perry previously fired back at Lee in October in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes, saying he was "insulted" and "pissed off" by Lee's comments.

"It's attitudes like [Lee's] that make Hollywood think that these people [characters like Madea who are based on real-life members of his own family] do not exist, and that's why there's no material speaking to them," Perry said in the interview.
Even though I think he brought this up for publicity (his movie coming out) because I don't recall Spike saying sh*t lately.

Anyway, the reason for this is that those shows he mention they are actually good
 7 years ago '05        #73
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 hood135 said:
True...The hate for Tyler Perry and his work is really disgusting though. You're mad because he's putting our lives on movie screens for everybody to see. You call his work coonery and bafoonery but the truth is...some of our people really act like that...True, he's exploiting it but so do all these other tv networks.

We remedy this by getting our sh*t together. Not by sh*tting on Tyler Perry for forcing us to look in the mirror. Whether he's right or wrong, truth hurts and this forces us to confront it.
Not everyone who hates on him is black. I'm not and I couldn't hate this dude any more. He ruining black comedies for everyone
 7 years ago '07        #74
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 Pete Butter said:
Tyler Perry serves an audience that has been ignored by Hollywood...black Christians. My mom loves everything Tyler Perry makes. She won't see "Precious" b/c she hates cursing...she won't see "Book of Eli" b/c of the violence. Face it people...Tyler Perry has a market...let him make his money!!!

IMHO, "Why did I get married" & "House of Payne" are pretty decent. I support Perry. If you don't like Perry dominating the movies, make a movie!!! Give us an alternate programming to watch instead of complaining
But it's okay to watch a obnoxious gun toting loud Black grandma, who ran from the police and is constantly closing to getting thrown in jail. Not to mention it seems her only way of handling children is by beating the sh*t out of them.................. got to love christians for their logic. I remember trying to watch her first movies. They were just chilling at the dinner table then she just starting busting off her gun for no damn reason I turned that sh*t off asap.
 7 years ago '10        #75
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 carltouss619 said:
But it's okay to watch a obnoxious gun toting loud Black grandma, who ran from the police and is constantly closing to getting thrown in jail. Not to mention it seems her only way of handling children is by beating the sh*t out of them.................. got to love christians for their logic. I remember trying to watch her first movies. They were just chilling at the dinner table then she just starting busting off her gun for no damn reason I turned that sh*t off asap.
I like Book of Eli, Precious, and Tyler Perry. I like Mad Men, The Office, LOST and The Notebook. I have room to like all forms of film. But clearly you don't and your comparison is more than flawed. Comparing comedy to drama films are like comparing apples to oranges. Clearly a granny with a gun that harms no one is not as "gut wrentching/stomach turning" as an uneducated obese child being r*ped 2x by her mom's live in boyfriend.

Gotta love atheists though. They live to bash Christians and our beliefs. If they could bash Christians 86,400x a day, they would ask to extend the day to do more bashing

Last edited by Pete Butter; 04-20-2011 at 04:42 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #76
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
tyler perry<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 7 years ago '09        #77
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
so now we take comedies too serious? thats what we do now? if yall are soooooooo into criticizing black movies thatt dont mean sh*t, go dig up and watch all the low budget black directed movies that get sh*tted on and released only on dvd. oh never mind yall wont do that, cuz they aint got no money. lets go get the n*gga thats makin ALL the money and hate him and say hes not spike lee because of his content. why dont yall go bash black directors that make gay pr0n. oh i forgot they dont have as much shine and money as tyler perry. yea he threatened THE WORLD sayin if yall dont come see my movies im gonna nuke the planet. i wouldnt give a good gotdamn fu*k if he dressed up as yo mama, make that money my brotha. and if he gay, im not so who gives a fu*k.

if u died and had the choice to come back as any poster on bx or tyler perry, who'd you pick
 7 years ago '04        #78
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10

[video - click to view]

04-20-2011, 05:46 PM         #79
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I am sick of him -- he talked about Whoopi, he talked about Oprah, he talked about me, he talked about Clint Eastwood. Spike needs to shut the hell up!"

cosign i hate spike lee...get ur paper tyler
 7 years ago '04        #80
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
boondocks roasted that bi*ch a.ss n*gga.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago