Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
 Pete Butter said:
Tyler Perry serves an audience that has been ignored by Hollywood...black Christians. My mom loves everything Tyler Perry makes. She won't see "Precious" b/c she hates cursing...she won't see "Book of Eli" b/c of the violence. Face it people...Tyler Perry has a market...let him make his money!!!

IMHO, "Why did I get married" & "House of Payne" are pretty decent. I support Perry. If you don't like Perry dominating the movies, make a movie!!! Give us an alternate programming to watch instead of complaining
message aside, it doesnt excuse the fact that those movies are just plain bad, unfunny, and re-writes of the sam material
 7 years ago '06        #42
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,483 | Props total: 258 258
spike lee is a fu*kin hater
 7 years ago '10        #43
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
f*ggot
 7 years ago '05        #44
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
I wonder if he said all that in his Madea voice.
 7 years ago '04        #45
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,918 | Props total: 17513 17513
Tyler Perry should be shot
 04-20-2011, 08:52 AM         #46
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuntree_swagger said:
unless i missed something, if you go back and look at some of spikes sh*t..he also stereotyped and portrayed blacks in a negative lite...I guess you do malcom X and all is forgiven....I mean a over s3xed single black female in shes gotta have it....to a angry black man, who f!ghts over his jordan's getting scuffed....to the man wh0ore of she hates me...I mean....i see spikes point, but he should know best...his whole movie bamboozled was about the sh*t tyler perry does ....dont be mad cause the brother making money....Since he stopped doing films...who else is employing black actors....
There's always one
 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM         #47
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
this.
 7 years ago '04        #48
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
He's wrong about at least one thing, The Sopranos was criticized for its use of stereotypes.
 7 years ago '11        #49
Ichiban Mugen 8 heat pts
space
space
$695 | Props total: 195 195
 Pete Butter said:
IMHO, "Why did I get married" & "House of Payne" are pretty decent. I support Perry. If you don't like Perry dominating the movies, make a movie!!! Give us an alternate programming to watch instead of complaining

[pic - click to view]

Dog, shut the fu*k up. Do you realize how expensive and difficult it is to make a feature film, let alone get mass distribution? I'm pursuing that as a career path and it takes people YEARS before they get their first project off the ground. I hate to say it, but not everyone has the skill to make films let alone the talent. But what's most important, not everyone has the money for it. The budgets for major feature length pieces are ridiculous, and that's not even taking in consideration distribution. You think that sh*t just magically ends up in the theater to be watched? Every theater has to be paid for. That's why bigger films run every hour on the hour while smaller films have select showings. If they snowball from there or the demand grows due to an award, then they open everywhere.

I got a little wordy there, but the bottom line is that making a feature length film that gets mass distribution is no easy task. If it was, everyone would be doing it.
 7 years ago '10        #50
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Ichiban Mugen said:

[pic - click to view]

Dog, shut the fu*k up. Do you realize how expensive and difficult it is to make a feature film, let alone get mass distribution? I'm pursuing that as a career path and it takes people YEARS before they get their first project off the ground. I hate to say it, but not everyone has the skill to make films let alone the talent. But what's most important, not everyone has the money for it. The budgets for major feature length pieces are ridiculous, and that's not even taking in consideration distribution. You think that sh*t just magically ends up in the theater to be watched? Every theater has to be paid for. That's why bigger films run every hour on the hour while smaller films have select showings. If they snowball from there or the demand grows due to an award, then they open everywhere.

I got a little wordy there, but the bottom line is that making a feature length film that gets mass distribution is no easy task. If it was, everyone would be doing it.
You're an idiot. Yes the common man does not have the money for a full production. But we are talking about Spike Lee. Spike Lee, who has made various movies from 1983 to 2008, cannot pitch a write a good script or pitch a new movie? n*gga please

Take a page out of Tyler Perry's book and create your own studio so that you can make & support the type of movies you identify as "quality." Or, here's a random idea. Why don't black people work together with Tyler Perry, since Tyler has his own studios, and create a division that is dedicated to a certain type of artistry (Spike Lee, Mara Akil, John Singleton, etc)...but no, unfortunately the world will not spin around its axil if black people arent bashing each other.

Bottomline, despite Tyler's redundant content, he keeps it positive. I will not hate on him for that reason alone.
 7 years ago '06        #51
SM 38217 heat pts38217 OP
space
space
$128,097 | Props total: 68123 68123
 Bobby's World said:
 7 years ago '11        #52
Ichiban Mugen 8 heat pts
space
space
$695 | Props total: 195 195
 Pete Butter said:
You're an idiot. Yes the common man does not have the money for a full production. But we are talking about Spike Lee. Spike Lee, who has made various movies from 1983 to 2008, cannot pitch a write a good script or pitch a new movie? n*gga please

Take a page out of Tyler Perry's book and create your own studio so that you can make & support the type of movies you identify as "quality." Or, here's a random idea. Why don't black people work together with Tyler Perry, since Tyler has his own studios, and create a division that is dedicated to a certain type of artistry (Spike Lee, Mara Akil, John Singleton, etc)...but no, unfortunately the world will not spin around its axil if black people arent bashing each other.

Bottomline, despite Tyler's redundant content, he keeps it positive. I will not hate on him for that reason alone.

What you fail to realize is that he's done just that, several times. A lot of people don't want to fund his sort of content because it's considered loaded. He's been trying to do a LA Riots film for the past few years, but he keeps getting underfunded. Danny Glover's been trying to to do a Toussaint Louverture film for the past few years as well...the studios asked him to change the lead character's race. Even for people in the industry, it's not easy just to make a film. Why do you think filmmakers are constantly seeking out new forms of funding? Also, Spike's films are often seen as difficult to market because they can be intimidating to the common viewer...thing is, he's not even the most inaccessible Director with regard to content.

I agree with you on the work together portion of your argument. Anthony Mackie has been making the argument in support of the black independent film and how A-List Black Celebs should support. A lot of people aren't willing to take pay cuts, some are however (Sam Jackson being one if he stands by the project). Another issue is that Blacks don't go to the movies as much as other races for what a lot of people consider quality. Admit it if you want, but the fact of the matter is a great majority of Blacks with disposable income either wait till the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out or waits for it to come on TV. First week numbers still matter, contrary to belief. If you don't believe me, look at what Rosewood did in the first week and how quickly it was pulled out of theaters.

I respect him as a producer, as a Director/Writer...nah. I agree with Spike, the sh*t is wack. He's essentially the Black M.Night. Same story every time...I don't support M.Night for that reason so why would I support T. Perry?
 7 years ago '05        #53
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 J.R. Hyphy said:
Bamboozled > anything tyler perrys done

25th Hour > anything tyler perrys done

Do the Right thing > anything tyler perrys done

Malcolm X > anything tyler perrys done

Crookyln > anything tyler perrys done

He Go Game > anything tyler perrys done

Inside Man > anything tyler perrys done

She Hate Me > anything tyler perrys done

She's Gotta Have It > anything tyler perrys done

Miracle at St. Anna > anything tyler perrys done

When the leeves broke > anything tyler perrys done

If god is willing... > anything tyler perrys done

tyler know he's Pierre Delacroix

what I miss?
Clockers
 7 years ago '10        #54
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Ichiban Mugen said:
What you fail to realize is that he's done just that, several times. A lot of people don't want to fund his sort of content because it's considered loaded. He's been trying to do a LA Riots film for the past few years, but he keeps getting underfunded. Danny Glover's been trying to to do a Toussaint Louverture film for the past few years as well...the studios asked him to change the lead character's race. Even for people in the industry, it's not easy just to make a film. Why do you think filmmakers are constantly seeking out new forms of funding? Also, Spike's films are often seen as difficult to market because they can be intimidating to the common viewer...thing is, he's not even the most inaccessible Director with regard to content.

I agree with you on the work together portion of your argument. Anthony Mackie has been making the argument in support of the black independent film and how A-List Black Celebs should support. A lot of people aren't willing to take pay cuts, some are however (Sam Jackson being one if he stands by the project). Another issue is that Blacks don't go to the movies as much as other races for what a lot of people consider quality. Admit it if you want, but the fact of the matter is a great majority of Blacks with disposable income either wait till the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out or waits for it to come on TV. First week numbers still matter, contrary to belief. If you don't believe me, look at what Rosewood did in the first week and how quickly it was pulled out of theaters.

I respect him as a producer, as a Director/Writer...nah. I agree with Spike, the sh*t is wack. He's essentially the Black M.Night. Same story every time...I don't support M.Night for that reason so why would I support T. Perry?
I think there is room for both Spike & Perry but I understand your side. Fair enough.
 7 years ago '04        #55
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Fag is mad that he makes coonery bullsh*t.

Shut yo minstrel show, takin black ppl 100 years back, r*ped in the a.ss self up.

Typical bulllsh*t to have these statements come out when his movie is getting released on Friday...
it's funny tho cause a lot of cities with the majority of white people won't even show this...they don't show tyler perry movies in most of connecticut
 7 years ago '04        #56
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
My family is hispanic (and mostly uneducated & misinformed) and they love them some Tyler Perry. It sickens me.
 7 years ago '05        #57
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
i think tylers mad
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #58
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,918 | Props total: 17513 17513
I've never gotten through one Tyler Perry Movie or show
 7 years ago '04        #59
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
I think what spike is saying is that after all this time and so many feature films why is he STILL making stereotypical movies! @ this point he should be past that and pushing the boundaries on black movie making.

doing the same content over and over is getting old... seriously

Spike lee started off doing that.. and has moved on to the point where if you didn't know he produced or directed it you would have thought someone else did it. (i'm not the biggest spike fan)

Also look at Gary F. Gray.... you can't tell me you knew it was his movie!

that's what you call breaking the mold! going outside of the usual...

Someone said they should make a division within perry's studio to do those types of movies...
who said perry was trying to allow those movies under his banner :kanyeshrug:

but til then... get yo $...
 04-20-2011, 01:24 PM         #60
mobetta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol, I can't believe so many people calling Perry a **** when i know a bunch of people were cracking up when Dave Chapelle was doin that crackhead sh#t on his show amongst other coonish characters.
Oh but THAT was okay. I wish people would let this dude make his corny TV shows and get his paper. It pisses me off when black people gotta have POSITIVE everything in the media! That's some uncle tom crap if you ask me! White people can have smart, insightful Oscar nominated movies AND have dumbass Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Superbad, don't nobody say nothin! Reminds me of that bull those ignorant Spellman chicks tried to pull on Nelly for portraying black women bad in that tip-drill video, then go work at a strip club. Some Bull!! Don't get mad at Tyler, get mad at Universal, Paramount and whoever the hell for not giving some balance! I hate them BET reality shows too, Keyshia Cole moms, Tiny and Toya etc, but hey, I just watch The Game and leave the rest for the retards, ain't hurtin me and I'll leave the positive "perception" of my race by others to The Obamas. Geez, it's a billion black people in the world, everybody ain't gotta like the same damn
movies/shows.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy