Jay-Z - The Blueprint

most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose under criminal investigation for rape
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game will debut music video for "Pest Control" Meek Mill & Beanie S..
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tsu Surf in North Philly
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many Mics
1 1 3.03%
2 0 0%
3 1 3.03%
4 5 15.15%
5 26 78.79%
Voters: 33. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
7055 pageviews
27 comments

JoeyAvalanche 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 22 22
Jay-Z - The Blueprint

Here is my review on my favourite hip hop album of all time, The Blueprint by Jay-Z. Vote on how you think of the album

[pic - click to view]

27 comments for "Jay-Z - The Blueprint"

12 years ago '04        #2
JoeyAvalanche 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 22 22
THE RULER'S BACK:
Great beat by Bink, actually sounds like they carrying the king into the town. Simple track, really sets the mood of the album. Love the way he begins with "what u about to witness is my thoughts, right or wrong, just what i was feeling at the time". really gives u a sense of the album being one tight project

TAKEOVER:
Kanye k!lled this beat. Love it cuz it dont sound so typically hip hop like everything was at the time. Every line is classic on this one, just a real battle song. A street classic.

H TO THE IZZO:
Every album gotta have their commercial single but i like he kept the sound of the album in his single. Other albums got all these hardcore gangsta tracks then throw an obvious single in. Kanye k!lled the Jackson 5 sample.

GIRLS GIRLS GILRLS:
Just Blaze heater, this track is genius. Any body can do a girl song but Jay just took it to another level. All the races and nationalities, song is funny and just so smooth.

JIGGA THAT n*gga:
Prolly the poorest track on the album. Just interupts the flow of the album, Beat by Tone and Poke is too synthy for the album, and is an obvious filler track.

U DON'T KNOW:
Just fu*kin Blaze! Jay k!lls this, this is where that sped up sample sound really came into fashion. Jay works well with the vocal sample like the singer is in the booth with him. Just jigga braggin again but with lines like "ill sell ice in the winter, ill sell fire in hell, i am a hustler baby i sell water to a whale". Its not a typical 16 bar chrus with a hook which really works well for the flow of the album.

HOLA HOVITO:
Timbo the King! Jiggas flow is so damn hot on this, wordplay is out the tent, Timbaland even stays away from his space age sound and gets his funky coat on.

HEART OF THE CITY (AINT NO LOVE):
One of my favourite Jay songs, beat by Kanye is crazy, soon as i heard this and read Kanye's name in the booklet he was my new favourite producer. Jigga eats the beat, so smooth, so soulful, this track is what the Blueprint is about.

NEVER CHANGE:
Another weaker sort of track, beat by Kanye is not bad. Jigga not saying nothing new but still a listenable song. Well placed on the album, lets the record build up for a grand finale.

SONG CRY:
Song is really beautiful, beat by Kanye is amazing. Cant say much more than that.

ALL I NEED:
This track really grew on me, in the bottom half of the album as in being a good track but still asmooth and soulful.

RENEGADE:
Eminem k!lls this, best verse ever by Eminem. Em just really talkes it to Jay on this. I dont like Em on the boards much but this song blends the mood of the album well.

MOMMA LOVES ME:
Not a bad track, just kinda slow, what Jay is saying was important on a personal level, but it does sort of drag on. I find myself fast forwarding to the bonus tracks.

LYRICAL EXCERCISE:
Jay just going raw live on a beat, he wrote this track in like 15 mins he just went raw. Smart move making it a bonus track on the album cuz it aint saying much and wood have tarnished the album as a whole but its just Jay showing his skill

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS REMIX:
Sick beat, great remix, Kanye at his best. Great vibe and a good listen for a bonus hidden track. Nice way to finish the album.

5 MICS, even with the weaker tracks, its just too strong not to give it a perfect score.
 12 years ago '04        #3
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 0 0
How many times people gotta post up these rating threads on the Blueprint??? I think everyone here knows is a fu*king classic!!!!!!
 12 years ago '04        #4
snoopamd 
space
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
I said before that Dre 2001 was the most recent classic I could think of ... well, I forgot the Blueprint. Definite classic. Come on, compare this to Game's, and you're calling /his/ a classic?

snoopamd
 12 years ago '05        #5
Gizza Christos 
space
space
$284 | Props total: 0 0
This album surprised me,,I always felt there was NO NEED for the dynasty roc la familia album,,,selecting (unkown at the time) Kanye west to produce half the album was a GOOOD power move - as a result, one of my top jay-z albums
 03-02-2005, 12:41 PM         #6
hovdontretire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with everything except for jigga that n*gga, never change and renegade.

jigga dat n*gga was the typical jay bragidocio track, and he k!lled it. it took alot of n*ggas weeks to figure out wat "i got more sixes than first grade" meant.

Never change is like a brooklyn hustlers anthem, my favorite track on the album.

Renegade, everyone thinks eminems verses were better than jay's, except me. I felt jays verses, more street, more real, he painted a very vivid picture, with classic verses and lines like "don not step to me, im akward i box lefty", " i had to hustle my back to the wall, ashy knuckles, pockets filled wit a lotta lint, not a cent, gotta vent, lotta innocent lives lost on the project bench". At the time i was leaning more towards eminem as a fan, but that verse swayed me and made me even more of a jay-z fan, and i stopped liking eminem.

but dats jus me, overall classic. one of the best hip hop albums ever dropped the same day as the twin towers.
 03-02-2005, 03:04 PM         #7
Changsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
remember what kanye said, "Blueprint 5 mics" only 5 cds have ever recieved 5 mics in the sources and Jay-Z has 2
 03-02-2005, 03:53 PM         #8
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this made me violate my personal rule of*2 Wack albums an i quit fu*kin wit ya*. while vol 1 had sum suspect tracks, vol.2 and vol 3 are 90% a.ss. this is a def 4-4.5

Last edited by u_dont_know_me; 03-02-2005 at 03:53 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #9
graydome 
space
space
$4,825 | Props total: 0 0
really loved this album back in the day, but I don't listen to it as much as I thought i would... i give it a 4
 12 years ago '05        #10
Stupendamatic 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,554 | Props total: 1436 1436
This cd is one of my favorites and one of the few cd's that I can say that I don't have to skip any tracks.
 12 years ago '04        #11
cnice347 
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 0 0
Renegade, everyone thinks eminems verses were better than jay's, except me. I felt jays verses, more street, more real, he painted a very vivid picture, with classic verses and lines like "don not step to me, im akward i box lefty", " i had to hustle my back to the wall, ashy knuckles, pockets filled wit a lotta lint, not a cent, gotta vent, lotta innocent lives lost on the project bench".
^^^I been arguing this since the blueprint dropped. . .Jay's second verse is ONE of his best as was Em's, but the way Jay spit at his haters was classic. I guess the reason ni99as hate is because it may have went over some heads. Pay attention next time you listen and stop makin opinions based on everyones favorite has been (Nas).
 03-12-2005, 09:10 AM         #12
Meatwad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props
 04-05-2005, 10:13 PM         #13
islandboy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another classic Jay-Z album.Lyrical Exercise is fu*king crazy!!!
 04-06-2005, 04:47 PM         #14
CROOKLYNBOUND71 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hovdontretire said:
i agree with everything except for jigga that n*gga, never change and renegade.

jigga dat n*gga was the typical jay bragidocio track, and he k!lled it. it took alot of n*ggas weeks to figure out wat "i got more sixes than first grade" meant.

Never change is like a brooklyn hustlers anthem, my favorite track on the album.

Renegade, everyone thinks eminems verses were better than jay's, except me. I felt jays verses, more street, more real, he painted a very vivid picture, with classic verses and lines like "don not step to me, im akward i box lefty", " i had to hustle my back to the wall, ashy knuckles, pockets filled wit a lotta lint, not a cent, gotta vent, lotta innocent lives lost on the project bench". At the time i was leaning more towards eminem as a fan, but that verse swayed me and made me even more of a jay-z fan, and i stopped liking eminem.

but dats jus me, overall classic. one of the best hip hop albums ever dropped the same day as the twin towers.
YEA Jay verse touched home a little more because heads from the hood can relatee to it , but beyond the lyrics em FLow just was AMAZING peep the way he rode the beat and flipped his flow over the track he got the best of jay in that department .
 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM         #15
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Stillmatic>Blueprint but it is a classic
 04-14-2005, 08:21 AM         #16
dacruz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props on the post!!!......anyone know what the sample is on the rulers back??
 04-14-2005, 08:33 PM         #17
Moleydon96 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Classic

One
 11 years ago '05        #18
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,359 | Props total: 566 566
Best Hip-Hop album ever put together , He told ya'll in 96 that he came to take this sh*t and he did.
 06-22-2005, 12:29 PM         #19
showstopper166 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5, sh*ts FIRE
 06-22-2005, 01:31 PM         #20
7mileboi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic sh*t!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
85 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
7 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
23 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
197 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy