New show "Game Of Thrones" premieres tonight (Sunday, April 17th) at 9 PM on HBO

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,475 | Props total: 255 255
This is the best show out hands down, Its already gettin crazy and its only goin on episode 3
 7 years ago '05        #22
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
Wow tonights episode was DOPE!

I genuinely hate a couple characters now,

[spoiler - click to view]

fu*k them. Can't wait for revenge to be taken.

Loving the show so far, man.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 04-25-2011 at 01:23 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #23
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
IMO, the best thing about the entire series is that there really aren't any good guys or bad guys. Sure, there are some characters that you'll just fu*king despise and want them to die, but technically they're not really "bad". Just like the "good" guys do a lot of questionable sh*t.

And no lie, by the time this show is over, it'll be known as the most depressing show to ever air.
 7 years ago '05        #24
space
space
Ok, so my quick thoughts.

I love the dwark and the bastard storyline. I expect them to become great friends. I never read the books or anything, so anyone who has please don't delve into that to much in here.

The cast is terrific, the budget seems huge, the scenery is as good as a movie, and the storyline is progressing very nicely with the brewing battle between the two families.

Then you have the delthracky warlord across the sea, who's a bad a.ss, getting ready to wage war on them as well.

The first two episodes have laid the groundwork VERY nicely for the future of this show.
 7 years ago '04        #25
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Ok, so my quick thoughts.

I love the dwark and the bastard storyline. I expect them to become great friends. I never read the books or anything, so anyone who has please don't delve into that to much in here.

The cast is terrific, the budget seems huge, the scenery is as good as a movie, and the storyline is progressing very nicely with the brewing battle between the two families.

Then you have the delthracky warlord across the sea, who's a bad a.ss, getting ready to wage war on them as well.

The first two episodes have laid the groundwork VERY nicely for the future of this show.
If you have even a passing interest in reading, you really should check out the books. Some of the best story-telling ever, regardless of genre.
 7 years ago '04        #26
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
I think the Borgias is more depressing...that bullsh*t actually happened and maneuvering like that still controls the world today

the dwarf is a G tho....dude is dropping Spartacus level quoteables
sh*t that happens on The Borgias isn't even on the same level as sh*t that's gonna happen on this show. Believe me.
 7 years ago '05        #27
space
space
 T_Buck said:
If you have even a passing interest in reading, you really should check out the books. Some of the best story-telling ever, regardless of genre.
I only read non-fiction. So I'll just hope this show does the books justice.

Good look on the suggestion, though.
 7 years ago '04        #28
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I only read non-fiction. So I'll just hope this show does the books justice.

Good look on the suggestion, though.
Fair enough. Just know that if the show ever gets cancelled before it's actually finished, you can read the books to know what ends up happening.

If the show follows the books, it'll be over seven seasons long and I don't think I could see the show lasting that long. I mean, it's possible, but ANY show getting seven plus seasons is a pretty rare occurrence, especially one that's as expensive to make as this is.
 7 years ago '05        #29
redruM_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,797 | Props total: 810 810
 T_Buck said:
sh*t that happens on The Borgias isn't even on the same level as sh*t that's gonna happen on this show. Believe me.
So fkn true...

Love HBO for doing the show but really hope they go the whole way and do the entire series....like people have said season 1 is just setting the scene after that sh*t gets real!!
 7 years ago '05        #30
redruM_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,797 | Props total: 810 810
 T_Buck said:
If the show follows the books, it'll be over seven seasons long and I don't think I could see the show lasting that long. I mean, it's possible, but ANY show getting seven plus seasons is a pretty rare occurrence, especially one that's as expensive to make as this is.
They did an interivew with the author...he said that they need 2 seasons for book 3 cuz its that fkn big and probably 3 seasons for book 4 & 5...so might need something like 10 seasons all up which is unlikely but im keeping the faith.
 7 years ago '04        #31
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 redruM_ said:
They did an interivew with the author...he said that they need 2 seasons for book 3 cuz its that fkn big and probably 3 seasons for book 4 & 5...so might need something like 10 seasons all up which is unlikely but im keeping the faith.
Yeah, that's why I said seven-plus. Seven's the absolute MINIMUM they could do.

And honestly, by the time the show gets to the seventh book, there's a very real possibility that the seventh book might not even be written yet. George RR Martin's a notoriously slow writer. A Dance With Dragons was originally supposed to come out in 08, and it's just now coming out this July after six years. Also took him five years to release A Feast For Crows. He's got two more books to go, so if he wants to stay ahead of the show he'd need to finish both books by 2018, which isn't actually a sure thing.
 7 years ago '04        #32
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
so real life sh*tstorms are less depressing than fiction ones?
Real life sh*tstorms that happened over 500 years ago affect me about as much as a completely fictional story.

And seriously, come back to me after the season ends and try to HONESTLY tell me that you felt The Borgias was more depressing.
 7 years ago '05        #33
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Great show.

Keep all of the book spoilers to yourselves though... not sure if dude above me is foreshadowing something, but that would be a bi*ch move if you are.

7 years ago '04        #34
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
 I'm The Dan said:
Great show.

Keep all of the book spoilers to yourselves though... not sure if dude above me is foreshadowing something, but that would be a bi*ch move if you are.

Saying something's depressing isn't exactly a spoiler. sh*t, you can tell the show's gonna be fu*ked up just from watching the first episode.
 7 years ago '08        #35
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
tonights episode was crazy... I love this show

I love HBO
 7 years ago '05        #36
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 T_Buck said:
Saying something's depressing isn't exactly a spoiler. sh*t, you can tell the show's gonna be fu*ked up just from watching the first episode.
Yeah, I got you. I just know now that something bad is going to happen to some of the "good guys" which leads me to believe that either Sean Bean's character or the bastard will probably end up dying.

Doesn't matter though because the show should be good. No more hints of emotions for the show, please.

ALSO, Lean Heady (the queen) looking good as fu*k on the show. She was bad as all hell in the 300, but she still looking good. She looking so good, that her own brother be wanting to hit it and tossing little n*ggas off of towers to continue hitting it.
 7 years ago '05        #37
space
space

[pic - click to view]

While it's never a good idea to pigeonhole a character in Game of Thrones, I think it's fair to say that we've got a pretty good line on a few of the characters. I'm mostly referring to Prince Joffrey, the royal twat who recalls the entitled rich kid we all went to school with (how dare he use the C-word with my dear Arya!). His spoiled-brat actions are what propelled the horrific final moments of "The Kingsroad," and they're moments that will ruin much of the good nature between the Starks and the Barathannisters.

Because Joffrey wanted to impress Sansa (or, more likely, himself), two of the Starks' direwolves are gone—at least one of them for good. Poor Lady. Sansa's wolf didn't even make it past Episode 3. If things were already getting shaky between the Starks and the Lannisters (and poor Robert Baratheon, whose hands are basically tied), ordering the murder of one of the Starks' pets isn't going to patch things up. You could just see the look on Ned's face... he was none too pleased with the way justice was handed out by Robert via Cersei.

That's something we're learning early about Game of Thrones: Though some could easily dismiss the Sansa-Joffrey plot as tween drama dressed up in leather doublets, there are no "adult storylines" and "child storylines" here. Other shows may put up a wall between parents and their offspring (so the children can wonder if they'll be asked to the dance while their parents deal with meatier things), but the actions of the kids in Game of Thrones will likely resonate far beyond the reaches of the local high school. Likewise, the kids will face much bigger problems than dealing with a zit before prom. This is medieval living, and it was tough on everyone.

[pic - click to view]

Continued....

Just look at little Bran. His fall didn't k!ll him, but there are plenty of other threats ready to finish him off. Thankfully, his direwolf is ready to rip the throat out of anyone who tries to harm him. Methinks these direwolves will be of great importance to the children, which makes the fact that Sansa and Arya have already lost theirs much more harrowing.

At this point, we have to a.ssume that Cersei and/or Jaime ordered the hit on the little mop-topped Stark, right? Who else could want the boy dead? That makes Cersei's teary speech to Catelyn about the child she lost all the more interesting. Was she telling Cat the truth, or was she putting up a front and throwing in a few crocodile tears to remove suspicion? And what will Bran remember now that he's awake?

Game of Thrones has opted to avoid overt exposition in favor of revealing the show's background info through interlocking puzzle pieces. By sorting through the various nuggets of backstory that were laid out in "The Kingsroad," we learn the following: Robert took the Iron Throne after Dany's father—the previous king—was k!lled, which, if Jon Snow is correct, was by the hand of Jaime Lannister. The Targaryens weren't exactly innocent; apparently Rhaegar Targaryen did terrible things to Ned's family, including something to Ned's sister (who was to wed Robert). After Dany's father was overthrown, Cersei was betrothed to Robert.

But the Targaryen threat is not entirely squashed. Robert now knows of Dany's wedding to Dothraki leader Khal Drogo, and suspects it's a power play to win back the throne... so he suggested murdering Dany to quell such an idea. Ned, honorable bloke that he is, didn't like the plan, but Robert insisted that k!lling her would be fair play, given their families' histories. The various plots taking place in far-off lands don't seem so distant now, do they? To quote a common Game of Thrones metaphor, the tapestry is beginning to take shape.

Meanwhile, barely-a-teen Dany is just trying to get used to her new lifestyle, unaware that she's drawn the ire of the King himself. Dany's life isn't an easy one, and all the horse jerky in the world won't make it more palatable. Domino's doesn't deliver to the Dothraki Sea (it's not really a sea, but Dothraki Grasslands doesn't sound as impressive), so she can't improve her culinary options, but she can do something about being voraciously pounded from behind every night by Khal.

[pic - click to view]

Continued....

Thankfully (for Dany's sake), one of her new handmaidens used to be a professional man-pleaser, and had many stories to tell of the greatest wh0ore ever sold. Dany learned she can use her womanly ways to have a say in her new relationship, and that starts with getting on top.

Was it just me, or did that scene take an unexpectedly tender turn? After all the brutal s3x-on-all-fours, the rhythmic face-to-face copulating was darn near romantic. Heck, they even came close to kissing. Kissing! Is anyone else with me on this, or was it still just a hulking tanned bodybuilder drilling a pale teen girl to you?

It wasn't the only surprisingly sweet moment in the episode. The goodbye between Jon Snow (I'll pause for a second for the ladies to stop squealing) and Arya was magical in its ability to tug our heartstrings over two characters we barely know. There's great chemistry between Maisie Williams (Arya) and Kit Harington (Jon), and it just pops on-screen. He really understands her, and his gift of Needle, her first sword (or big letter opener), was picture-perfect.

"The Kingsroad" didn't have the creepy mystery of the White Walkers or the rampant brea$t-exposure of "Winter is Coming." Instead, it thickened the mystery of "Who k!lled Jon Arryn?" and introduced the mystery of "Who tried to k!ll Bran?" while gradually opening up the world of Game of Thrones. It also delivered some moments that really connect us to the characters, which is what good TV is all about. Fantastic pacing so far.
 7 years ago '04        #38
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17147 17147
looks interesting...i'll have to check this
 7 years ago '04        #39
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 6140 6140
Im usually not a fan of k!lling kids, but I cant wait till Pronce Joffrey gets murked. That cowardly little sh*t is evil as hell for just a teenager.
 7 years ago '08        #40
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
Just finished watching the newest episode on OnDemand and I'm really starting to get into this show. Happy to see a few questions were answered in this episode too. I swear HBO rarely disappoints.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago