(3) Dallas Mavericks vs (6) Portland Trailblazers - 1st Round

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win?
Dallas in 4 4 6.67%
Portland in 4 0 0%
Dallas in 5 7 11.67%
Portland in 5 4 6.67%
Dallas in 6 12 20.00%
Portland in 6 14 23.33%
Dallas in 7 10 16.67%
Portland in 7 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-17-2011, 12:05 AM         #121
MrTeddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
yea they held them to a good 81 points but portland also is the slowest paced team in the league and are 24th in the league in ppg so that 81 doesnt surprise me especially when gerald wallace was non-existent but portland jus didnt execute at the end of the game, they had plenty of great looks they jus couldnt capitalize on it and the mavs also were well under their normal ppg too, and in a close game its anyone's ballgame
lol fool why u hating on the mavs so much? stop sippin that haterade :party4:
 7 years ago '04        #122
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,340 | Props total: 11258 11258
fu*k you david stern! super wack calls for dirk 2nite. goddamn embarrassment.

and what was nate doing leaving b-roy's do-nothing a.ss out there the whole second half? where was wesley matthews?
 7 years ago '04        #123
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,340 | Props total: 11258 11258
still portland in 6. ain't nothing changed, kids.
 7 years ago '09        #124
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
 chctynig2804 said:
yea they held them to a good 81 points but portland also is the slowest paced team in the league and are 24th in the league in ppg so that 81 doesnt surprise me especially when gerald wallace was non-existent but portland jus didnt execute at the end of the game, they had plenty of great looks they jus couldnt capitalize on it and the mavs also were well under their normal ppg too, and in a close game its anyone's ballgame

EDIT: free throws were the difference in this game...dallas shot 25/29 whereas portland was 9/13...otherwise portland shot better than normal with 46% to dallas 40% and it was pretty even in pretty much everything else
Which is the point. Portland avgs 98 a game since the Wallace trade and when have the Mavs ever shot more fts than their opponent attempted? If the Mavs play this way for the series they will win.

You can keep coming back with whatever you want just because you wanna see the Mavs lose but they showed me they can get nasty and win a grind it out game. I dont like the Mavs and not only thought but wanted them to get blasted this series but if tonight is any indication they will take this in 5 games.

I cant hate on good basketball and the Mavs gave it to us tonight. Maybe Portland underperformed, maybe the Mavs forced them to underperform but whatever the case the Mavs brought it.
 7 years ago '04        #125
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
 MrTeddy said:
lol fool why u hating on the mavs so much? stop sippin that haterade :party4:
im not hatin i jus dont expect much from them nor dirk, it jus so happens im the only one in here at the moment sayin somethin bout it...but in regards to that post i acknowledged that it was a good performance holdin them to 81 points but the blazers dont score a lot anyway so they are probably more comfortable playing low scoring games than higher ones into the 100s like the mavs...if its gonna be a low scoring series then i still like the blazers to take it in 7 but if the mavs can get these games into the 90s and 100s then i dont think portland will be able to keep up...gerald wallace gotta come better the next game aldridge is a beast but he cant do it by himself
 7 years ago '04        #126
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Which is the point. Portland avgs 98 a game since the Wallace trade and when have the Mavs ever shot more fts than their opponent attempted? If the Mavs play this way for the series they will win.

You can keep coming back with whatever you want just because you wanna see the Mavs lose but they showed me they can get nasty and win a grind it out game. I dont like the Mavs and not only thought but wanted them to get blasted this series but if tonight is any indication they will take this in 5 games.

I cant hate on good basketball and the Mavs gave it to us tonight. Maybe Portland underperformed, maybe the Mavs forced them to underperform but whatever the case the Mavs brought it.
see my post above...i jus personally think the blazers feel more comfortable in a close grind it out game like that where its low scoring as opposed to gettin into the 100s cuz they dont have the consistent firepower on offense...they jus didnt execute at the end of this game thet had it in their grasps but let it slip away
 7 years ago '09        #127
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
 rasheedwallace said:
fu*k you david stern! super wack calls for dirk 2nite. goddamn embarrassment.

and what was nate doing leaving b-roy's do-nothing a.ss out there the whole second half? where was wesley matthews?
I thought B Roy was doing a good job on the pick and rolls in the 4th qtr and getting them looks they wanted then they went away from that. Maybe because he was tired, maybe because Dallas played it better. I dont know but nobody else could get them the looks they wanted.
I agree Wes should have been in if for nothing else defense. Why is Rudy not playing much anymore? If Wes, Batum or Rudy could run the offense I would go with a lineup of Camby, Aldridge, Wallace, and a combination of Wes, Nic or Rudy down the stretch. You get shooters, slashers, defenders and size. Dre and B Roy are two players I have always liked watching but they are trash defensively and slow as fu*k.
 7 years ago '04        #128
quintosis03 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,183 | Props total: 977 977
1 down 3 to go!
 04-17-2011, 12:18 AM         #129
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
how many of those came in the 4th quarter...how many were in clutch situations?? anybody can look at a statline and say sh*t like that, bottomline, for all his scoring escapades how many championships does he have to show for it?? if ur gonna be a "leader" u gonna be criticized for when ur team fails even if its a team game...i mean sh*t if it wont for the refs callin a foul every time dirk got touched he wouldnt have done anythin in the 4th this game...congrats to the mavs but this series is stilll up in the air
You do realize that dirk is only a max of 20% of the team at any given time? You realize there's 4 other people on the court? Players win games teams win series. Stop posing like you on eharmony and get yo basketball knowledge up.
 7 years ago '04        #130
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
You do realize that dirk is only a max of 20% of the team at any given time? You realize there's 4 other people on the court? Players win games teams win series. Stop posing like you on eharmony and get yo basketball knowledge up.
why do you care so much about my pic...stop lookin at it if it bothers you, thats 2 posts now...anyway he doesnt get a pass when his team loses jus like no other player gets a pass when their team loses, thats all im sayin, i dont see how such talented teams that they had underacheived year in and year out and the first thing u look at is coaching and leadership which apparently they were lacking
 04-17-2011, 12:28 AM         #131
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chctynig2804 said:
why do you care so much about my pic...stop lookin at it if it bothers you, thats 2 posts now...anyway he doesnt get a pass when his team loses jus like no other player gets a pass when their team loses, thats all im sayin, i dont see how such talented teams that they had underacheived year in and year out and the first thing u look at is coaching and leadership which apparently they were lacking
That's the problem they've never been such talented teams Jason terry is not a viable second option. No other player gets a pass? Lebron james all the analysts said was he doesn't have enough help same with d-wade.
 7 years ago '04        #132
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
That's the problem they've never been such talented teams Jason terry is not a viable second option. No other player gets a pass? Lebron james all the analysts said was he doesn't have enough help same with d-wade.
lebron quit on cleveland, i lost respect for him when that happened, and then what little i had left for him i lost when he decided to go to miami...i respect dirk's game but hes had better players around him than james did...steve nash alone is better than anybody lebron was teamed with and the same with wade...josh howard also did work when he was in the mavs, dirk has had players on his team that were good but they jus never got it done...maybe its cuz they always had to go up against the lakers or spurs to get out of the west, but i do admit dirk has been doin it pretty much all by himself these last couple years
 7 years ago '04        #133
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 chctynig2804 said:
lebron quit on cleveland, i lost respect for him when that happened, and then what little i had left for him i lost when he decided to go to miami...i respect dirk's game but hes had better players around him than james did...steve nash alone is better than anybody lebron was teamed with and the same with wade...josh howard also did work when he was in the mavs, dirk has had players on his team that were good but they jus never got it done...maybe its cuz they always had to go up against the lakers or spurs to get out of the west, but i do admit dirk has been doin it pretty much all by himself these last couple years
Keep in mind that Nash wasn't AS good with the Mavs as he has been with the Suns

and even though Josh Howard did do work at some points, how can you make your "Dirk had help" argument by using him as an example?
 7 years ago '04        #134
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
 Prodigy said:
Keep in mind that Nash wasn't AS good with the Mavs as he has been with the Suns

and even though Josh Howard did do work at some points, how can you make your "Dirk had help" argument by using him as an example?
nash is still averaging about the same ppg now than his last 3 years in dallas where he and dirk were puttin in work, not to mention he upped his a.ssists in the playoffs too, nash only averaged about 3 more ppg since he joined phoenix and his a.ssists went up...and josh howard gave them jus about 20 ppg those last few years in dallas not to mention terry was givin them close to 20 a game in the playoffs, dirk had help for sure but to his credit, if dallas was in the east im sure he may have a ring by now but the mavs lost because they played zero defense, most of the years they have been in the playoffs this decade they have been in the bottom half of the league in opponent ppg
 7 years ago '11        #135
kushkulture420 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,197 | Props total: 1029 1029

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #136
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Game time
 7 years ago '05        #137
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
stream?
 7 years ago '10        #138
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Let's go....
 7 years ago '04        #139
quintosis03 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,183 | Props total: 977 977
lets get it boys.
 7 years ago '06        #140
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,902 | Props total: 1213 1213
lets go mavs.

disco dirk gonna go off
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy