Kobe uses a gay slur

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
pac_f 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,337 | Props total: 694 694
 Dee Grande said:

During Tuesday nightís game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant was hit with a technical foul. When he went to the bench, TNTís cameras caught him clearly calling referee Bennie Adams a ďf******g [gay slur].Ē Thanks to the skills of @Jose3030 and the power of twitter, the video quickly went viral.

Letís be clear about something: Kobe Bryant has been a controversial figure, both on and off the court. This post is not about Kobe Bryant. I donít know Kobe Bryant personally, but in all my professional dealings with him he has come across as intelligent, funny, and well-adjusted. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as both a basketball player and a person. The issue here is not Kobe; the issue is the word he used.

Iím sure that if you asked Kobe, he would tell you that he wasnít expressing any homophobic feelings when he called the referee what he called him. I donít know whether he actually was or not, but in any case Iím more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The gay slur Kobe used is often used as a general insult ó Kobe lost his temper, and in a fit of rage he called Adams the worst thing he could think of. I donít think Kobeís unfortunate choice of words revealed that he has a deep-seeded hatred of gay people. I do think they revealed that athletes are still comfortable tossing around a word that, like a few other very hurtful and powerful words, should not be tossed around.

The word Kobe used can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. Intelligent, funny people like Louis C.K., Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Joe Rogan have all made cases that when they use the word, theyíre not saying that they have a problem with homos3xuality or homos3xual behavior; they just use it to denote behavior they find unacceptable. The problem with that logic is that while we can control what we say, we canít always control what people hear, and itís unreasonable to expect everyone to separate our words from our intentions, especially hurtful words. In my younger years, I had the foolish belief that proper contexts to use that word somehow existed. I no longer hold that belief in any way, shape or form. The fact is that for a lot of people, homos3xual behavior and unacceptable behavior are synonymous. Until that changes, I believe that there is no appropriate context for that word.

In a Gallup poll conducted last May, only 52% of Americans said that they found homos3xuality ďmorally acceptable.Ē Homos3xuals still do not have the right to marriage in most of the country. Research conducted one week ago shows that gay and lesbian teens are twice as likely to experience symptoms of depression as their heteros3xual counterparts, and three times more likely to report a history of suicidality. According to the It Gets Better Project, 9 out of 10 LGBT students have experienced harassment at school.

The belief that we are a post-homophobia society is foolish and arrogant. Some people will say that making a ďbig dealĒ out of incidents like this reveals that the real problem with our society is that it has become to ďpolitically correct.Ē Tell that to the teens who have to endure physical and verbal abuse at school because of their s3xual orientation, or the families of the teens who couldnít take the abuse anymore. Maybe the day when itís okay to use the word that Kobe used and have everybody know that you have no problem with homos3xuals or homos3xual behavior at all will come someday. I donít think it will, and I know that that day is not today.

Does the word that Kobe used get used by professional athletes almost every day, in every locker room, without any cameras or tape recorders catching it? Absolutely. In fact, during a playoff game a few seasons ago, Kevin Garnett was actually caught screaming the exact same thing that Kobe screamed. Does that mean that we should say ďwell, boys will be boysĒ when someone gets caught on tape like Kobe did? I donít think so. Iím not calling for Bryantís head: I believe in freedom of speech, and donít think he should receive an additional fine or suspension for his choice of words.

What I would like is for some good to come out of this being caught on tape. Itís easy to point the finger when somebody like Tim Hardaway says something blatantly homophobic and pin all the issues with homos3xuality and professional sports on isolated cases like him. The truth is that the problems run much deeper, and many of them are more rooted in ignorance than hatred.

Simple math tells us that it would be a miracle if no active MLB, NBA, or NFL player is a homos3xual, but no player current athlete has come out, and I would wager that most professional athletes donít think they have any gay teammates. Itís in environments like that where casual homos3xuality can seem harmless. Ask yourself this: if Joe Smith, who was sitting next to Kobe, or Bennie Adams, the referee, was gay and Kobe knew that, do you think he still have used that word? If the answer is no, why should we expect any homos3xual who was within earshot or watching the game on TV to not have an issue with Kobeís choice of words? Is it reasonable to ask sports fans to check their feelings about words like the ones Kobe used at the door, words that may have been directed at them, with hate, in their own lives?

This is a beautiful game, and people of all races, religions, and s3xual orientations should feel comfortable playing it, watching it, and enjoying it. When the most respected player in the league by players, coaches, and media members alike gets caught uncorking a gay slur and nobody has a problem with it, it can give the impression that the NBA doesnít care about creating a welcoming environment for all of its fans. Kobe has an opportunity to clear up his feelings about homos3xuals and whether or not he believes the word he used is or is not acceptable language. I hope he takes advantage of it, and that the NBA becomes just a bit more welcoming than it would have been otherwise.

[pic - click to view]

Who are they to tell a grown a.ss man what or what not he can say? It doesn't matter that he gets paid to play basketball or he washing cars down the block. Let the man speak his mind.
 7 years ago '07        #62
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
I don't like kobe, but when i was watching the game and saw him say that i couldn't help but and think he's got some g in him after all..me and the homies rewinded it to see it again kuz that sh*t was so ..that n*ggas was mad as hell

Last edited by Deniro732; 04-24-2011 at 06:24 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #63
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
 HotBYoungTurk said:
nothing wrong to me... besides his pouting..

If actions speak louder than words... why isn't everyone calling Kobe a sore sport instead of a homo slurrer?

This bi*ch elbowed a chair and threw a towel like a 10 year old who just got grounded for the weekend.
 7 years ago '10        #64
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 Cambury said:
Kobe really said "your cancerous to your team and our league"
 7 years ago '05        #65
kaydigi 
space
space
space
$161 | Props total: 3 3
Stern is soft
 7 years ago '11        #66
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Kobe just got fined 100g's. C'mon son! Had to be the gay rights activist blowing up stern's line.
 7 years ago '04        #67
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 Nautilus O said:
Real Talk and this is free from the dislike I have for Kobe Bryant.........

This n*gga gonna have to do a commercial with Gaga in order to clean this up and if Skip Bayless gives him a pass on this I will never take anything he says serious again

With that said and this is not free from the dislike I have for Kobe

[pic - click to view]

You aint got much room to talk homie

this f*ggets mad
 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM         #68
mrtwotwofive 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
$100k fine
 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM         #69
starrz23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha way to go venominom
 7 years ago '07        #70
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
I guess the referee was gay or something, this makes absolutely no sense to me.
 7 years ago '09        #71
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 Tempus # 1 said:
Fagget isnt a gay slur. Its just an insult that can be aimed at anyone

[video - click to view]

04-13-2011, 05:33 PM         #72
jawilksu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its only a big deal because its kobe
 7 years ago '10        #73
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,768 | Props total: 7343 7343
Should be about intent, not the word. If he used "cocksucking piece of trash bi*ch" there'd be no problems ...
 7 years ago '04        #74
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
first thing I thought of....

7 years ago '10        #75
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,683 | Props total: 203 203
who cares. people over-reacting.
 7 years ago '10        #76
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,181 | Props total: 8252 8252
 Blood Edge said:
but you google a picture of another man wearing a silk shirt and scarf?

you hiding something?
So googling "kobe bryant white" is gay........oh these Kobe stans aint happy today haha, what's more gay laughing at a n*gga dressed like a f*g or defending a n*gga dressed like a f*g

SHOWTIME said:

this f*ggets mad
Kobe Stans to the rescue, look homie he aint asking you for the bread he got it
 7 years ago '05        #77
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
That's it?

I thought he went on and on and was like "you c*ck sucking, fudge packing, elton john loving f*ggot"

7 years ago '05        #78
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 Tempus # 1 said:
Fagget isnt a gay slur. Its just an insult that can be aimed at anyone
 7 years ago '07        #79
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,359 | Props total: 1095 1095
wooow wat the fu*k is wrong with the world? does this sh*t really need a story? cmon man move the fu*k on

nba is wayyy to worried about their image throwin on charity nba cares commercials every second hahahahaha

thought it was one thread about this and thats it but apparently there are articles about this bullsh*t? lol
 7 years ago '05        #80
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,737 | Props total: 12561 12561
So we can call people bi*ches but not f*ggots? Interesting.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy