most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
266 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM         #61
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
he dont know...he talked very highly of duke and sh*tted on unc for most of the season and now all of a sudden he trys to act like they werent the favorites to win and he along with the other duke fans on here and in general didnt talk a ton of sh*t.
So we gone act like Kyrie irving didn't miss 3/4 of the season... cool.
 04-12-2011, 03:06 PM         #62
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrMayface said:
Not if Jone & Knight are gone. Barnes needs another year. I've never seen a wing player at UNC with such terrible handles. It's a roller coaster ride ever time he tries to dribble.
In reality, Barnes spends too much time on the wing. If he didn't, he'd be a fu*king nightmare.
 7 years ago '06        #63
taboo1169  OP
space
space
$1,450 | Props total: 0 0
 Bezerk said:
so playing basketball full-time as a profession won't polish your game, but college, where you are a part-time student as well.... will?
I can provide plenty of examples of ppl left early and didnt make it in the league...if you good your game/skill will show...but mentally everybody not ready to make that jump....in addition...ppl in college is more patient than ppl in the nba...if you dont produce you out/cut from the team and etc...
 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM         #64
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 taboo1169 said:
I can provide plenty of examples of ppl left early and didnt make it in the league...if you good your game/skill will show...but mentally everybody not ready to make that jump....in addition...ppl in college is more patient than ppl in the nba...if you dont produce you out/cut from the team and etc...
but that has not sh*t to do with your statement of being "polished"
 7 years ago '10        #65
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,923 | Props total: 44 44
 Bezerk said:
So we gone act like Kyrie irving didn't miss 3/4 of the season... cool.
so one player made your team?

what about the preseason all american?

he played in the tourney and yall didnt win?

next excuse please.....
 7 years ago '06        #66
taboo1169  OP
space
space
 Bezerk said:
but that has not sh*t to do with your statement of being "polished"
you can polish your game @ practice but if you dont get any PT...it doesnt matter IMO...you need that experience to help you become a better player...you cant learn much from the bench IMO
 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM         #67
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 taboo1169 said:
you can polish your game @ practice but if you dont get any PT...it doesnt matter IMO...you need that experience to help you become a better player...you cant learn much from the bench IMO
So practicing with NBA players going hard isn't going to polish you, but dunking on kids from Colorado technical institute of the blind community college will make you that much better.
 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM         #68
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:

next excuse please.....
I remember now why I don't respond to you. G'Day, sir.
 7 years ago '06        #69
taboo1169  OP
space
space
 Bezerk said:
So practicing with NBA players going hard isn't going to polish you, but dunking on kids from Colorado technical institute of the blind community college will make you that much better.
LOL...if no PT it doesnt matter homie...Barnes cannot even create for myself yet (dribbling skills are not up to par)...he is not athletic...so he will not get much burn this yr if he went to the NBA...Lottery pick means instant PT in most cases...I do not think he is there as of yet...IMO

we agree to disagree...
 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM         #70
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barnes should come back.. why not? what will it hurt? he has a chance to work on things on his own in college while getting the PT he needs.. AND living the college life.. hes a intelligent kid he likes school.. he knows the NBA will be there for him when he decides to leave.. Practicing with NBA guys doesn't automatically grant you a chance to get better.. if that were the case alot of the "potential" guys wouldn't be busts.. sure it will help him to work with NBA guys.. but the things he works on most likely wont be seen in the game while hes buried on the bench.. come back to college work on what you need.. get the PT.. Enjoy life as a college kid with your friends.. and the NBA will be there for you next year.. and might I add if he does come out and gets drafted and their is a lock out hes spending 1 year without being paid anywase and sitting his a.ss on the bench.. sure the Agents will give him money but they wont be playing.. and ThugLuv barnes hasn't made his announcement probably because he wants to see how everything plays out.. if Dwill comes out thats 1 less player thats projected above him.. never make a quick decision.. even though he is coming back something could happen and he want to go to the NBA..
 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM         #71
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and most of us realistic UNC fans thought that we would make it to the tourney this year and ceiling level make it to the sweet 16.. never thought we'd win the ACC reg season.. Duke on the other hand was outright picked to win the damn thing.. you returned 2 fu*king all americans.. your 2 best fu*king players.. then you added a elite pg.. sure he got hurt but you were still winning.. then there was word that he was coming back and you and zerk were pretty damn excited about everything.. if im not mistaken i even seen one of the duke fans say it was a wrap when you got kyrie back.. i had TONS of duke fans tell me it was over when kyrie came back.. and you lost in the sweet 16.. it was Final Four OR Bust this year for duke..
 04-12-2011, 03:51 PM         #72
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and why is alex murphy talking of reclassifying to 2011..
 7 years ago '10        #73
reppinI85 
space
space
$708 | Props total: 363 363
If barnes comes back UNC is def. top 3... they still will have the same weaknesses as last year though. no backup PG, perimeter defense and outside shooting (except for hairston)

Duke will be young but still very talented. Singler was subpar in conference. If Daniels and/or Murphy plays next year they may be able to replace some of his production. I think Nolan Smith's defense is the biggest loss. Austin Rivers can make up for Nolan's offense, I just hope its efficient not volume scoring.

I don't count Kyrie as a big loss because he barely played.
 7 years ago '10        #74
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,156 | Props total: 15690 15690
Honestly not tryna sound like Im makin excuses, but Kyrie was a big reason but not the only reason. Wit Kyrie on the court especially during the begining of the season, Duke played an up tempo style of offense. Smith and Singler on the wings wit Dawkins and Curry backing them up. When Kyrie went down it forced Duke to become a more half court team and as we all know the Plumees are the greatest inside presence in the world.

When Duke won the that last championship is was bc of the play of our bigs and the contributions of trio. In this yrs loss to Arizona we didnt get that same production from our bigs. Plus with the addition of Irving def threw off the chemistry btwn the players. Now in typical bx fashion most of u would look at that as an excuse, but if u actually know sumthin about chemistry on a basketball team u would understand (look at the Celtics since they lost Perk)...I personally thought wit Irving coming back it was either bang or bust. Either they were gonna pick up were they left or the chemistry thing wld become an issue. Nolan played an entire season wit the ball in his hand then all of a sudden he's asked to give it up. Def had negative effect on his game. Curry and Dwkins who both started to come out of their shell, both went back to getting lost on the court and not looking for their own shots.

Had Kyrie never gotten hurt in the first place, I still think Duke would have won or made it to the Final Four, just bc of the style they would have run wit 2-3 spot up shooters n Curry, Dawkins, Kelly comin off the bench, but even wit that said we still would have needed to get production from the bigs. We lost to the better team that day

Last edited by lboog1423; 04-12-2011 at 04:48 PM..
 04-12-2011, 05:35 PM         #75
ThugLuv5450 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:

next excuse please.....

Unc fans are being stupid...The Henson n Tyler situation hurts Duke more than what Barnes is gonna do..Duke's weakness isnt the wing or backcourt...Gbinije,Daniels, and possibly Murphy match up with Barnes...Duke isnt scared of a Barnes return
 7 years ago '09        #76
devilinsider 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 1770 1770
Another Roy Williams top recruit that returns to school. #shocking
 7 years ago '10        #77
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,156 | Props total: 15690 15690
 ThugLuv5450 said:
Unc fans are being stupid...The Henson n Tyler situation hurts Duke more than what Barnes is gonna do..Duke's weakness isnt the wing or backcourt...Gbinije,Daniels, and possibly Murphy match up with Barnes...Duke isnt scared of a Barnes return
true s**t....I will say Barnes is a problem, but Henson and Zeller are the key for UNC wit their defensive presence and rebounding. And Zeller has become a beast on the block. Not taking anything away from Barnes tho.
 04-12-2011, 05:41 PM         #78
ThugLuv5450 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only thing Barnes is gonna work on is running the court, everyone knows Roy is gonna run even more this yr with added depth...Henson prolly made the right decision based on not being ready but a dumb decision based on money he's prolly gonna lose by staying...Really dont see Tyler getting any better in the post, he's already solid there..his ppg might go up but that's gonna be due to the more uptempo style.
 04-12-2011, 05:56 PM         #79
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see how Murphy will gain anything from coming in a year early.. that back court will be severely crowded.

and no thats not the only then barnes will work on.. you should know barnes better than anyone.. he will work on his overall game.. not just running the court..
 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM         #80
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cook/Rivers/Thornton
Rivers/Curry/Dawkins
Dawkins/Murphy/Daniels/Gbinije/Curry
Plumlee/Kelly/Daniels/Hairston
Plumelee/Plumlee

how are you guys gunna do that.. not being sarcastic.. wanting some opinions.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago