NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #21
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,440 | Props total: 1253 1253
 Steelers4Ever said:
LMAO, how much money do you think Nate actually made during his career? Remember that the height of his sh*t was during his days running with deathrow and we all know NOBODY got paid from them. I think ya'll are really underestimating what having to deal with two strokes right behind each other would cost. You got hospital bills, rehab, medicine. Then to have it happen again and being basically a vegetable for over a year, I'm pretty sure he had some money saved but having to have medical care 24 hours a day 7 days a week ain't cheap.
I read in the XXL years ago local n*ggas used to try to pay Nate with pounds of weed

He said my kids can't eat no weed, I need money!
 7 years ago '10        #22
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Fresh Whyte said:
Dec 2010? The Man Was Still In The Hospital,sh*t. n*ggas Might of Been All In That n*gga's Bank Account While He Was In The Hospital But 5 Gs? I Think Someone Can Drop Cash For That
n*ggas always asking for money
 7 years ago '05        #23
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
again people talk like they know what kind of help he was or was not given, no one knows but them so even if it looks bad what do we really know? no one has came out and said anything negative about snoop or dre
 7 years ago '04        #24
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,384 | Props total: 29528 29528
SMH....thats all i can say about people who are close to him who have that type of money...pay for it...selll it give it to his kids
 7 years ago '05        #25
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
 SteveSS said:
SELL GOLD RECORDS

CAN'T AFFORD INSURANCE

Maybe he should have invested some of his money instead of being ridiculously irresponsible with it.
It's easy to criticize someone when we know the results are bad. Maybe he didnt handle his money in the greatest way, but we don't know how much he made over his career an also how much he had saved up. For all we know, he could've been denied insurance. If an insurance company have any reason to think that you live an risky or unhealthy life, they can deny you. Before I lost weight, I was denied because I was overweight.

Medical expenses are the number one reason for bankruptcy filing. The man could've had $500,000 in the bank for all we know. That can be eaten very fast with any ailments that result in you staying overnight in the hospital. My insurance company was billed 30gs for 3 overnights.
 7 years ago '05        #26
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,089 | Props total: 4227 4227
wow really.... so is this an attempt from the media to sh*t on a dead man

r.i.p. nate
 7 years ago '04        #27
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 Steelers4Ever said:
Do you know how much insurance costs if it's not provided through your job and you can't get government a.ssistance?
Enough for a rapper to easily afford. n*ggas really need to start taking care of business first and then stunt later
 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM         #28
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steelers4Ever said:
LMAO @ you thinking a rapper who was relevant in the '90's, worked for Suge Knigt could afford medical insurance when he was already fu*ked up. Do a search on what medical insurance would cost you a month if you paid out of pocket and get back to me, that sh*t is not cheap.
LMAO @ him thinking he was going to be invincible and never setting aside any money for his and his family's future well-being.
 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM         #29
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's just another in a long line of rappers who have literally no financial sense.
 7 years ago '05        #30
Wally Vegas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 96 96
 Steelers4Ever said:
LMAO @ you thinking a rapper who was relevant in the '90's, worked for Suge Knigt could afford medical insurance when he was already fu*ked up. Do a search on what medical insurance would cost you a month if you paid out of pocket and get back to me, that sh*t is not cheap.
What the hell you think the self employed and small businesses do? Yeah it's an expense, but you just have to budget for it just like anything else.

No disrespect to Nate (RIP), but that man did not handle his finances or health correctly.
 7 years ago '04        #31
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
 Steelers4Ever said:
Do you know how much insurance costs if it's not provided through your job and you can't get government a.ssistance?
^ exactly.

that sh*t could be anywhere from a few hundred per month to over a stack.

and if nate's home mortgage went from dec. 2010 to apr. 2010 without being paid for...

...*does the math*

$5,000 divided by four months roughly equals $1,250 per month.

nate was living in a modest crib and he had no source of income since his first stroke in 2008, so there you go.

it's F'd up to say it, but as a grown man, it's not up to your friends to pay your bills. if my dad's lawyer friends helped us every time we were in a financial crisis, my family would be super straight.

it's just the laws of the universe.
 7 years ago '10        #32
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
I don't know who's at fault maybe it was Dre and Snoop who somehow duped him out of money, or maybe it was him not negotiating songwriting rights and getting points off the songs....what I get out of it is that being an artist and looking like they are set for life is not the truth. It's a business and I think a lot of people either don't fully understand that or understand it well and take advantage.
 7 years ago '04        #33
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$1,962 | Props total: 353 353
 SteveSS said:
A rapper who isn't good with money? This is shocking!
that is a dumb statement. Nate had been laid up since 2007 and hadn't been on a record since. the record industry doesn't give artist health insurance, so everything comes out of pocket. i think you need to take that into account before you start making uninformed statements.

people on here act like Nate sold millions of records and went on his own tours. he was just a hook singer. you don't make much money for that sh*t.
 7 years ago '04        #34
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
let's do some super quick "assumption" math.

from the outside looking in...it seems like nate owned very little publishing (in other words, the % of money you agree to receive from a musical work)

i'll be a good guesser...and say he would be featured on 20 songs per year from 1993 to 2006.

that's 13 years. so...13 years x 20 songs per year = 260 songs. let's push that total to 300 songs to be nice.

let's say he made 20 G's per song (which i doubt he made that much, but i'll be nice to the man)

so...300 songs x 20 G's per song = $6,000,000 (six million in short terms)

after taxes, buying a few nice cars, buying one or two quarter million dollar homes, and of course buying pounds of weed per month for nearly two decades...

...six million over the course of 13 years is roughly half a mil per year.

i have not even taken account performance money, money from endorsements, and a bunch of other sh*t...however...

...dr. dre, jimmy iovine, and snoop were the ones always eating. not big nate.

even warren G has had issues with dr. dre in the past. i'm pretty sure warren G and dre are step brothers, but dr. dre separates business from family like a muhf*cka.

dr. dre will pay to have a lambo crashed in his new music video ("i need a doctor") before breaking off money to any of his family members.

only God knows what is right and wrong, so i cannot judge dr. dre's actions. a rich n*gga is a rich n*gga.
 7 years ago '04        #35
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,322 | Props total: 2472 2472
5gs aint sh*t to dre and snoop but why would they pay that? hes dead...snoops has done a sh*t load of sellin out to get his money...and dre has worked hard himself...not to sh*t on nate but u gotta live within your means plus i know people with regular jobs who pay thier own health insurance so if he didnt have insurance and had to use all his money on medical bills thats on him
 04-11-2011, 07:21 PM         #36
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigtrevdogg said:
that is a dumb statement. Nate had been laid up since 2007 and hadn't been on a record since. the record industry doesn't give artist health insurance, so everything comes out of pocket. i think you need to take that into account before you start making uninformed statements.

people on here act like Nate sold millions of records and went on his own tours. he was just a hook singer. you don't make much money for that sh*t.
Then maybe he shouldn't have bought a house he can't afford.
 7 years ago '04        #37
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,382 | Props total: 6408 6408
his family not talking bad about snoop or dre.. why should we
 04-11-2011, 07:28 PM         #38
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SteveSS said:
A rapper who isn't good with money? This is shocking!
name 10 rappers who you know weren't good with money?

Your statement is ignorant and pointless. You've somehow heard of 5 people who do something, out of thousands (if not tens of thousands) who do it for a living....and now you make a blanket statement?

A boxden member making a stupid statement. This is shocking!
 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM         #39
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freakbucket said:
name 10 rappers who you know weren't good with money?
-Nate Dogg
-MC Hammer
-Nas
-DMX
-Lil Wayne
-Ja Rule
-Beanie Sigel
-Young Buck
-Swizz Beats
-Mystikal
 7 years ago '04        #40
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
 SteveSS said:
-Nate Dogg
-MC Hammer
-Nas
-DMX
-Lil Wayne
-Ja Rule
-Beanie Sigel
-Young Buck
-Swizz Beats
-Mystikal
Lil Wayne shouldn't be on that list. That n*gga is set for life drivin bugattis and living in one of the nicest cribs in Florida
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now